One on One finishing

Too many of mine go flying over the bar Aswell and like last few minutes of the game when you need the goal the most. Need to tell the players strait when the opportunity comes up about missing a one on one. But yeah I get alot in row z

5a5f95d970878_ScreenShot2018-01-18at2_26_50AM.thumb.jpg.999d407bc0701b52f3581c255f09b9a8.jpg

This is my top striker in LLM football, if you notice he has something like  1.35 SOT per 90 mins in a game, which is something  like a Shot target accuracy of around 50%, and he scores 1 in 2 times. So he's just scoring for fun as part of a 2 man strike force in the VNL, can't wait to see if he keeps this up next season. He was actually scoring a goal a game, and then he stopped finding the back of the net in the last two games as we were forced into a more defensive system with him playing as a lone striker in a "Firminoesque" role. And nearly all his chances are usually  1v1 he has belted in I think 1 goal from range. Funny thing, my board thought it was bad business when we signed him, after those goals you'd think they'd change their minds..

I find it annoying that when one on one with the keeper my player will attempt a shot either it being saved or gone wide when there's a hundred percent chance he could pass to his open team mate. Happens quite alot not sure if my players need to gel more but when one on one they tend to miss quite annoying when there striking partner is wide open and just them two running up front. It's not as if we have the option for assist bonus or instruct to look out for the assist when the opportunity arises. Specialy one on one with two upfront. It's all good when a long ball comes in and it's one of your strikers on his own going all the way. 

5 hours ago, Rashidi said:

5a5f95d970878_ScreenShot2018-01-18at2_26_50AM.thumb.jpg.999d407bc0701b52f3581c255f09b9a8.jpg

This is my top striker in LLM football, if you notice he has something like  1.35 SOT per 90 mins in a game, which is something  like a Shot target accuracy of around 50%, and he scores 1 in 2 times.

Would be interesting to watch though. Something like that is unheard of in actual football. :D

The thing with one on ones, if there has been such:

- They may / may not occur more frequently than in football. They may be also more finished with some or less accuracy. There sure are also bad decisions, and as any computer game, the visuals aren't quite football either. There may also be bugs.
- In the game, they are often still overrated though. They tend to be in football. I bet that yours are mostly providing the striker an angle, as from your vids it's obvious you let your side pick and pass the opposition apart. For many it will be more like the type where the forward receives a through ball in his back, is running at goal at no angle and has to immediately turn and shoot -- all the while the keeper has already come off his line to further close the angle. Converting just 1 out of 5 in this scenario isn't unreasonable at all.

What it isn't though it's SI coding in deliberately unbelievably finishing to keep scorelines in check. That would undermine their entire effort, as the long-term goal is this to play out a bit like football would. If there's space to boot, stuff gets converted like hell. Has always been the case, and fits in with your screenshot -- if anything, that's an alarmingly strike rate as you will struggle to find any forward on any level who has a seasonal SOT conversion of that magnitude-- for the best, it's more like 1 in 3, not 1 in 1.5 as ih your case! Nowhere was this more obvious as to early FM 2015 -- where a few tactical combinations saw space on both ends of the pitch to boot. And AI managed teams going with hockey scoreines weekly. Most players attributed this to bad goal keeping and defending. It was something else completely.

Guest El Payaso

Is there any stat on how often these through on goal chances occur in real life? For me they might be too frequent in the game as even slow players like Bony get one or more almost every game while I don't think that in real life for example Morata is getting one in anywhere near every game. And Morata is a striker that suits on getting that type of chances with better team mates while Bony is both slow and plays with worse team mates. 

Of course you could think that teams play much higher line against me than they do in real life against Chelsea but that is just speculation. 

Archived