Highlights - Offsides

No matter how i watch a game (Comprehensive, Extended or Key Highlights) i seen to be shown players being caught offside. 

IMHO very few of these instances would be considered a "Highlight".

I can understand a marginal offside call or a goal ruled out for offside being a highlight but not a lazy striker being caught offside from a punt over the top.

This happens EVERY game so its not an occurrence due to games lacking other highlights (being dull) 

Anyone else have this occur ?

7 hours ago, hoppo1982 said:

No matter how i watch a game (Comprehensive, Extended or Key Highlights) i seen to be shown players being caught offside. 

IMHO very few of these instances would be considered a "Highlight".

I can understand a marginal offside call or a goal ruled out for offside being a highlight but not a lazy striker being caught offside from a punt over the top.

This happens EVERY game so its not an occurrence due to games lacking other highlights (being dull) 

Anyone else have this occur ?

Yes - this is the one thing that irritates me the most about the match engine, even more than the regular sloppy backpasses that go out for corners, or the pirouettes on the byline - at least in the basement divisions.

I have raised this as a bug:

and this has reminded me to bump it as I haven't had a reply.

1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah I generally play the game in 'Extended' and can't say I've seen many of these. How many do you find you're seeing per match on Extended? 

I only play on comprehensive, but I am starting to wonder if the only difference between comprehensive and extended is all these offsides. Do you know which other types of highlights are excluded by the extended setting and whether extended would still show a goal ruled out (rightly or wrongly) by offside (which in my view is an acceptable highlight)?

Archived