FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean your tactic. 3-3-4 :D

Ah right! Thanks! haha!

I had no choice to with the players I have to be honest, but I rotate Guilherme with Anderson and Aguero, Costa with the 2 wingers, same goes for Aquino. Wilshere and Ljajic are played across the whole of the middle when they're in.

ok it just had left me a little disheartned. Do u gt wt i mean ?

Oh I do! But it's the beauty of the game. In my 1st season of this current save, I failed to make it out of the Group Stage of the Champs League in a group consisting of Shaktar and Rangers! But I did go on and win the Euro Cup!

You score over 3 goals/game Adiee! You're gonna score like 120 goals in the PL if you continue like that:D

Well as I type, I'm 5-0 up against Cardiff at Old Trafford at half-time

Benzema hattrick after coming on for the injured Rossi, Rooney and Sneijder with the goals!

Full Time:

Man Utd 8 - 0 Cardiff

Scorers: Benzema (3), Rooney (2), Sneijder (2), Guilherme

hw did u finance for robben ?

sell nani ?

i just praised him and he took it with a pinch of salt ?

Unsettled him :) I've never had him before so I'm not sure if it's common to do that. Nani was sold to Chelsea the season after!

I'm having the same thing Adiee. Only one unhappy is Douglas Costa - who frankly is a whineing baby. Thinks he should be a first name on the sheet player. Hate him :(

Haha! Well I'll expect it from him! Thanks for the heads up :p

Adiee... 8-0 ??? Haha, that is crazy.... How many goals does Rooney have this season?

Yeah we pretty much murdered them haha!

Rooney has 15 so far this season. Sneijder has 15 assists.

Unsettled him :) I've never had him before so I'm not sure if it's common to do that. Nani was sold to Chelsea the season after!

Haha! Well I'll expect it from him! Thanks for the heads up :p

Yeah we pretty much murdered them haha!

Rooney has 15 so far this season. Sneijder has 15 assists.

how did u unsettle him even when he runs away from you like he did to me when i praised him once ?

Well i praised him, and praised him, then said I was interested in signing him, the said I would do my utmost to do so. I made a bid, Real accepted but Robben didn't want to talk. Then he was dismayed at the fact his club were willing to let him go, so I made a another bid and he arrived at Old Trafford....

i dont believe this i am playing mancity in the last 10 mins and i get a penalty inthe 80th min then berbatov steps up, given saves !

then in the 84th min Berbatov shirts get pulled, ref looks at his assisant and award the penalty, then i quickly go to my penalty tackers and set owen hargreaves and the penalty taker with an attribute of penalty taking of 16 by the wayronaldo was injured so couldn't use him to take the penalty kicks, anyway by the time i select hargreaves to take it nani screw the kick wide, then only afterward the line making tactical changes come !!!!!!!!!!!!

I always set mine to automatic. If you want to build your reputation as you go, then that's what to set it to.

If you were to put International Footballer, then the players of the club you take over will be less likely to have any doubts about your credentials. And also the board, they'd be happy in giving you more money (if you're lucky)...

I always set mine to automatic. If you want to build your reputation as you go, then that's what to set it to.

If you were to put International Footballer, then the players of the club you take over will be less likely to have any doubts about your credentials. And also the board, they'd be happy in giving you more money (if you're lucky)...

ah okay thanks

i probably sound like an idiot but,

how exactly do you change your past experience?

It really depends on whether you wish to sell anyone.

First and foremost, you need a new RB - Darijo Srna is available for around £16m=£20m and is well worth the money! Get him now!

For the MF - Miguel Veloso, Joao Moutinho, Marek Hamsik - you have definitely got to get him, from Napoli.

That Marik Hamsik looks like a younger Paul Scholes! Good passing and creativity, hard working, good fininshing/long shot... Napoli wan't 33m for him though :(

---

The new season (second season) started really bad for me. Lost in Community Shield against Chelsea, draw against Hull, and draw against stoke... I've had it with Rooney, can't score... not even from the penalty spot... I got some extra transfer money from the board so I have bought David Villa for 40m :)... He looks worldclass and I'm sure he will score more goals than Rooney.... Also I've got some offers for Rio Ferdinand... Don't know if I should sell him. He is my favourite DC, but he is getting old and I have Pique, Vidic, Brown, O'shea, Sakho...

Now my first team squad (20 players) look like this:

Van der Saar, Asenjo.

Neville, Azpilicueta, Brown, Ferdinand, O'shea, Pique, Vidic, Evra.

Valancia, Ireland, Nani, Fletcher, Scholes, Anderson, Giggs.

Eto'o, Rooney, Villa.

In reserv team/out on loan I have players like:

Sakho, Rafael, Fabio, Schneiderlin, Costa, Obertan, Laurito, Fleck and Welbeck.

Will play like this:

Asenjo.

Azpilicueta, Vidic, Rio/Pique, Evra.

Valencia, Flethcer, Scholes, Rooney/Nani.

Eto'o, Villa.

Will report back later :)

I would say that Veloso is the better buy, amazing from free kicks, amazing defensivly also. I sold him in 2020 when i found a newer younger version of him :p but what excellent years of service he put in, many as vice captain also.

Tom: You say that Rooney can't score, yet you're playing him on the left-wing? Shove him up front, or behind Eto'o and Villa - he will get goals mate!

Great batch of youngsters you have out on loan. What are your plans for them once they return?

Campbells: Yeah Veloso is a monster! What season are you in now? Mind posting a screenie?

It really depends on whether you wish to sell anyone.

First and foremost, you need a new RB - Darijo Srna is available for around £16m=£20m and is well worth the money! Get him now!

For the MF - Miguel Veloso, Joao Moutinho, Marek Hamsik - you have definitely got to get him, from Napoli.

yeah i sold fletcher for £30 mil

and carrick for £40mil

so far have bought palombo for £7mil, absolute bargain.

looking at getting veloso, perhaps diarra

unfortunatly, srna turned me down for man city.. couldnt believe it :(

might have a look at de silvestri instead

I might sell Rooney. When he plays, he's crap. Play him as target man, playmaker, AMC, AML, AMR, ST, CF - nothing works with him. Gets about 15 goals at best in all comps.

Balotelli is already at 9 in 16 games and it's only November.

Any ideas how much I should look to make out of Rooney? Perhaps a swap for Fabregas and/or Vela?

Perhaps I'm playing him wrong, but with Benzema, Aguero, Balotelli, Messi, Ronaldo, Rossi, Douglas Costa and Alexis Sanchez - not like I'd miss him xD

I might sell for £60m, then try and bring in Torres or Villa.

Archived