ARGUS 343 Knap FM18

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo Argus is your the best tactic, at least for me.

Got different question. When i played few months ago i could sell my top best players (180ca+) for 150+ pounds and now in a new game i am getting offers for top players for about 91 pounds max, was it an update about transfer prices, did i missed something?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Knap. I´m loving your 18.2.2 ARGUS tactic. Winning everything with my strong Celta de Vigo (year 2026). I´m planning the next season and i´m looking for ball playing defenders but it's hard to find players that can defend and pass for a world class team. The good ones are getting old! Can you give me some advice about the players i should look for to strenghten my defence? thanks in advance!!

The lateR tactics have been changed to CD.I do not use roles to fit players but the structure of how a tactic works.. Most of DC Roles are about passing length closing down mentality. Quality players with pace should be able to play all DC roles although I avoid DCB.

Also training and playing role will help development of BPD.

Edited by knap

hace 21 minutos, knap dijo:

The lateR tactics have been changed to CD.I do not use roles to fit players but the structure of how a tactic works.. Most of DC Roles are about passing length closing down mentality. Quality players with pace should be able to play all DC roles although I avoid DCB.

Also training and playing role will help development of BPD.

Thanks for the quick answer. What does "DCB" mean? I´m using 18.2.2 with so much success than i´m not thinking of switching to the latest tactics. I´ve played 36 matches with your ARGUS 18.2.2 and have won 34 and drawn 2. 136 goals scored and conceded 17. I´m using ALWAYS attacking mentality. My central defender is De Ligt and he can play as BPD, but the side defenders are about 10/12 passing and technique so i wonder if i should strengthen the squad with more technical ones. 

Just wanted to share that I used ARGUS343P102 on a new save with Dulwich Hamlet (did a Dafuge-y thing where I holidayed the first year to start as a newly promoted team in VNS) - predicted to finish 24th of course with 350-1 promotion odds.  Won the title with 105 points, 33-6-3, 17 points clear of second place.  This was on FMT and I Instant Resulted all the games, left all training to AM.  Got to the FA Cup 2nd Round and FA Trophy Semi-Finals, was a fantastic season. 

I had 3 loan players, 1 Wing Back and 2 Strikers, who were great for me but wouldn't sign after the season.  

Will let you know how my first season in Conference National goes!  Great tactic!

Hello, still having great success using argus away and blue matter at home. I've left Real Madrid for my true love West Ham! Firmino was superb in my Madrid team playing in the centre of the 3 attackers but I'm struggling to get a performance out of my West Ham forwards playing in the middle. I see that you recommend a player with pace going central but are there any other stats I should go for? By the way Patrick Roberts is amazing on the right hand side of the three. Thanks in advance.

I pay little attention to role. Fast forwards usually excel in those front roles. However I do use near original squads so have to use whoever is available and not injured.

A player like Icardi excels in the middle fwd position and will normally be use best striker and finisher. Rashford normally plays out wide, although I also use Alli in that position and are more providers. 

Hello Knap i want some advice if you can....I pick my favourite team Panionios Greek Superleague CA about 120 i think is sub top team.....i decide to use  343ARGUS18.2.2 P102 because of the testing in mr l tactics,it has the best rating 70 i think maybe a SUS tactic for keeping my score and offcourse for hard away and home games i will use counter or control based on the other users in the forum for the ARGUS....and offcourse my own type of squad.What do you think about that????

PS

1)Do you have Set piece adv or tip....anything????

2) Indv train. the position that you have for the tactic??

Thanks for your time mate again.....

Hi, there are so many different versions of this tactic on here I am slightly confused.   I counted like 8!  What is the difference between them all?  Presumably they are different shades of attacking/defending but any idea which is which.

Sorry if i am being a bit thick!

Also what does SUS mean.

59 minutes ago, paulorchard2000 said:

Hi, there are so many different versions of this tactic on here I am slightly confused.   I counted like 8!  What is the difference between them all?  Presumably they are different shades of attacking/defending but any idea which is which.

Sorry if i am being a bit thick!

Also what does SUS mean.

SUS means Shut-up-shop (a waste time defensive tactic), for saving a lead or a few legs on the pitch.

These are the 2 available but I would look at adjustments and try making your own based on the tactic you are using. 2 ideas are to control the wings or attack down centre.

FM18.3.3FLAT442MIDSOMERVOLMEZMUP104SUS.fmf

332697480_FM18.2.2KnapASH343HSP101SHORTP101SUS.fmf

Edited by knap

Overview of Tactic List from testing                                  TOTAL                       SUB TOP    UNDERDOG

ARGUS FM 18.2.2       P102                                                    P385                          P206        P179  

PILGRIMAGE FM 18.3.3 LPOOL P104                                  P380                            P226       P154

WOF FM 18.3.3  P101  Flexible                                              P381                           P213          P168

WOF FM 18.3.3 LPOOL P100 ALL CUPS                                P365                          P196          P169

PILGRIMAGE Fluid  LPOOL P101                                           P367                          P201           P166

PILGRIMAGE FM 18.2 P105                                                   P357                          P218           P139

ARGUS VOL 4 FM18.3.3  Structured  P101 ALL CUPS       P363                          P220           P143

BLUE MATTER    FM 18.3.3 P105                                         P356                           P207           P149

GOODBYE FM 18.3 VOL 7 Very Fluid                                  P349                           P208          P141

GOODBYE 3421                                                                     P324                          P205         P119

MIDSOMER 442 P103 (FLAT TEST)                                      P349                          P199         P150

MIDSOMER 442 VOL MEZ                                                    P342                          P196         P146 

WOF 2323    FM 18   P104                                                    P335                          P187         P148

BLUE MATTER FM 18.3 VOL 4 P102     352                       P335                           P206         P129

ARGUS 3430                                                                          P331                          P192         P139

ASH FM 18.3 P104                Highly Structured                P326                            P190         P136

VOLANTE BWM FM 18.3 P101                                           P326                            P191         P135

WOF 3412                                                                            P325                             P198         P127

WOF 2233 P102HS         FM 18.2                                      P311                             P194         P117

BLUE MATTER VOL 4 P100 4123 FM 18.2.1                  P310                             P179         -P131

MMVOLANTEANCHOR            442                                   P302                            P165           P127

These are considered to be all 5 Star tactics. For a Top Team the BLUE MATTER 4213 may be a good choice as I won PL with both MU and MC.

Edited by knap

The best underdog away tactic from the test is FM 18.3.3 WOF 343 P101

The best underdog home tactic is FM 18,3,3 BLUE MATTER VOL 8 343 LPOOL P103

On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 23:00, Pit 83 said:

Hello Knap i want some advice if you can....I pick my favourite team Panionios Greek Superleague CA about 120 i think is sub top team.....i decide to use  343ARGUS18.2.2 P102 because of the testing in mr l tactics,it has the best rating 70 i think maybe a SUS tactic for keeping my score and offcourse for hard away and home games i will use counter or control based on the other users in the forum for the ARGUS....and offcourse my own type of squad.What do you think about that????

PS

1)Do you have Set piece adv or tip....anything????

2) Indv train. the position that you have for the tactic??

Thanks for your time mate again.....

Till now having extensively used ARGUS tactics in my saves with a variety of teams, I can safely say, you don't need to even look for any other tactic this year.

The topper in Mr. L's table (ARGUS 18.2.2 P102), anyone can use in any situation with any team. You are bound to overachieve. Since I never use Holiday or Instant Result, meaning that I watch and manage each game in Highlights mode, I can safely say that this front 3 role combination is the best to get most out of your strikers (AF - P - AF e.g. Hazard - Morata - Willian, OR Martial - Lukaku - Rashford, and even Alioski - Antonsson - Roofe in my Leeds' save).  Style of attacking play is dependent on crosses mostly, but once become Fluid, is fun to watch and you never get the Arcade-like feeling some people are associating with these 3 up-top tactics). My suggestion would be to use provider (more creative type) of forwards in the wide AF roles. And I use to manually set specific man-marking PI for my Poacher, that way let's say Morata used to closely mark one of opposition's midfield player, and thus negating the outnumbering of 3 midfield formations. You can simply take one player out of the picture. The AI doesn't even consider passing to that player, if specifically marked. I also use this technique in a Mourinho-esqe way at the wings e.g. I would man mark Salah and Griezman with Azpilicueta or Zouma when playing against Liverpool or Atletico. To avoid overburdening yourself, just do it against really top players e.g. CA ~ 180s (your Neymars, your Griezmans, your Salahs etc. but leave Messi, Ronaldo plus anyone with Sane's pace alone, since they will make a fool out of your man-marker).

Then comes the ARGUS 18.3.3 version, which I believe is even better and my personal favorite. Knap added a very effective "Close Down More" TI in this one, which I found especially helpful in initiating quick counterattacks from middle of the park by winning the ball and distributing quickly to one of AFs, who can launch deadly low cross to your Poacher (who would also be doing a darting run from the back since he was man-marking opposition's midfield player, remember Di Maria, Ronaldo, and Benzema counterattacking under Mourinho anyone???). Also, close down more helps in safeguarding your wings better against those crosses from hell. I have observed that when your WB is unable to track the winger, the Central Defender is somehow neglecting to close down immediately to stop the cross (this applies when the closing down is set to Sometimes). But with Close Down More in this version, they were much more responsive. I had Goldson, Pontus, and Cunningham with Nick Pope in goal keeping clean sheets in first season in Premier league, which I won in the very first season by the way.

The VOL4 version with IWBs give you a different approach to Attack (since IWBs are hardcoded to Cross Less, so the Attacking play is even more pleasing to the eye). But I personally don't use it that much, since with Structured shape, the Attack duty of IWBs will mean, they are definitely meant to Attack, so the Defense suffers a little from what I have observed. WBs on Support duty with Structured in the 18.2.2 and 18.3.3 versions safeguard your wings much better.

So to summarize, this is my firm tactical philosophy now (maybe some of you can benefit from it as well);

- You don't need to look into any other thread to play and succeed this year's FM. Just use ARGUS 18.2.2 P102 for any team, any situation. It will defend well, it will score loads. If your team isn't scoring, just make sure you have 20% Attacking Movement match preparation training. And also more importantly don't forget to give Fergie's hairdryer treatment at halftime, they will respond well.

- Come the tough Away games, the Cup Finals, the Away Europeon nights, you can set BWM (s) to BWM (d), and stop your WBs to stop hunting the wings by setting their duties to Defend. That's it. No change in PIs.

- And definitely, you need a SUS tactic like the one posted in this thread to save a lead and/or some legs on the pitch. Since all of the above have quite high intensity (I am yet to try Counter mentality with ARGUS which is bound to lower the intensity and avoid injuries considerably, like many managers have tried with Midsomer 442s with great success), and I have observed that no matter what, injuries are unavoidable with high intensity tactics. I usually take the starting 10 outfield players and give them 2 days rest from training when the midweek games start to thicken up.

Or in-short, I wanted to say Thanks Knap for making this game enjoyable !!!

Edited by omrgul

8 hours ago, omrgul said:
Spoiler

Till now having extensively used ARGUS tactics in my saves with a variety of teams, I can safely say, you don't need to even look for any other tactic this year.

The topper in Mr. L's table (ARGUS 18.2.2 P102), anyone can use in any situation with any team. You are bound to overachieve. Since I never use Holiday or Instant Result, meaning that I watch and manage each game in Highlights mode, I can safely say that this front 3 role combination is the best to get most out of your strikers (AF - P - AF e.g. Hazard - Morata - Willian, OR Martial - Lukaku - Rashford, and even Alioski - Antonsson - Roofe in my Leeds' save).  Style of attacking play is dependent on crosses mostly, but once become Fluid, is fun to watch and you never get the Arcade-like feeling some people are associating with these 3 up-top tactics). My suggestion would be to use provider (more creative type) of forwards in the wide AF roles. And I use to manually set specific man-marking PI for my Poacher, that way let's say Morata used to closely mark one of opposition's midfield player, and thus negating the outnumbering of 3 midfield formations. You can simply take one player out of the picture. The AI doesn't even consider passing to that player, if specifically marked. I also use this technique in a Mourinho-esqe way at the wings e.g. I would man mark Salah and Griezman with Azpilicueta or Zouma when playing against Liverpool or Atletico. To avoid overburdening yourself, just do it against really top players e.g. CA ~ 180s (your Neymars, your Griezmans, your Salahs etc. but leave Messi, Ronaldo plus anyone with Sane's pace alone, since they will make a fool out of your man-marker).

Then comes the ARGUS 18.3.3 version, which I believe is even better and my personal favorite. Knap added a very effective "Close Down More" TI in this one, which I found especially helpful in initiating quick counterattacks from middle of the park by winning the ball and distributing quickly to one of AFs, who can launch deadly low cross to your Poacher (who would also be doing a darting run from the back since he was man-marking opposition's midfield player, remember Di Maria, Ronaldo, and Benzema counterattacking under Mourinho anyone???). Also, close down more helps in safeguarding your wings better against those crosses from hell. I have observed that when your WB is unable to track the winger, the Central Defender is somehow neglecting to close down immediately to stop the cross (this applies when the closing down is set to Sometimes). But with Close Down More in this version, they were much more responsive. I had Goldson, Pontus, and Cunningham with Nick Pope in goal keeping clean sheets in first season in Premier league, which I won in the very first season by the way.

The VOL4 version with IWBs give you a different approach to Attack (since IWBs are hardcoded to Cross Less, so the Attacking play is even more pleasing to the eye). But I personally don't use it that much, since with Structured shape, the Attack duty of IWBs will mean, they are definitely meant to Attack, so the Defense suffers a little from what I have observed. WBs on Support duty with Structured in the 18.2.2 and 18.3.3 versions safeguard your wings much better.

So to summarize, this is my firm tactical philosophy now (maybe some of you can benefit from it as well);

- You don't need to look into any other thread to play and succeed this year's FM. Just use ARGUS 18.2.2 P102 for any team, any situation. It will defend well, it will score loads. If your team isn't scoring, just make sure you have 20% Attacking Movement match preparation training. And also more importantly don't forget to give Fergie's hairdryer treatment at halftime, they will respond well.

- Come the tough Away games, the Cup Finals, the Away Europeon nights, you can set BWM (s) to BWM (d), and stop your WBs to stop hunting the wings by setting their duties to Defend. That's it. No change in PIs.

- And definitely, you need a SUS tactic like the one posted in this thread to save a lead and/or some legs on the pitch. Since all of the above have quite high intensity (I am yet to try Counter mentality with ARGUS which is bound to lower the intensity and avoid injuries considerably, like many managers have tried with Midsomer 442s with great success), and I have observed that no matter what, injuries are unavoidable with high intensity tactics. I usually take the starting 10 outfield players and give them 2 days rest from training when the midweek games start to thicken up.

Or in-short, I wanted to say Thanks Knap for making this game enjoyable !!!

Great info, Argus is a fantastic tactic and was my go to tactic on my saves, I was forced away from it when I started using lower quality teams and I didn't have the players to deal with the amount of injuries, I just switched to it again for my current save and injuries are piling up, Just lost my main striker for 8 months

But yes, Guaranteed success in the long run

It depends upon how your team is playing. Sometimes you are unlucky not to win. Also depends on how good your squad is as the AI play more defensively.

First of all, thanks Knap for your tactics (all of them - but especially for the ARGUS 343).

Nevertheless have some questions. I tried the ARGUS 18.2.2 P102 & FM18.3.3KnapARGUS343VOL4P102ALLCUPS for the most games it worked very well, but against bigger teams or teams which are playing in a 4231 formation, it didn't win. Against 4231 or bigger teams i've tried the mentioned tactis and also the SUS tactic. Changed the mentality to control and counter etc. Nothing changed. Ok, it's not possilbe to win every game :-) but maybe some tips or hints would help.?

Another point are the offside traps. It doesn't matter which game, minimun 20 offside traps are against my players are given. Can I influence that with training or tactic details?

Last point - did you create in the past a tactic based on ARGUS with two strikers and one AMC or one striker and to inside forwards? There many players for this positions in the club and I would like to play with them.

Thanks

With online game GOODBYE BARCELONA 4231 caused the most problems against 343. So I have looked at the problem of playing against 4231. I assume the AI cause a problem when both FB and W are on attack duty, especially the unmarked overlap.  It is a weakness of a 343 system Trying to defend against this issue will take away some of the benefits of a 343 system.

Systems that may help are 442s or 451 or 5221with IFs. Tweaks  Defend duty on 1 side RMD man marking.

Do any strikers have a PPM to beat offside trap?

Edited by knap

vor 1 Stunde schrieb knap:

With online game GOODBYE BARCELONA 4231 caused the most problems against 343. So I have looked at the problem of playing against 4231. I assume the AI cause a problem when both FB and W are on attack duty, especially the unmarked overlap.  It is a weakness of a 343 system Trying to defend against this issue will take away some of the benefits of a 343 system.

Systems that may help are 442s or 451 or 5221with IFs. Tweaks  Defend duty on 1 side RMD man marking.

Do any strikers have a PPM to beat offside trap?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Currently no PPM for the strikers to beat offside trap is acivated. But for the moment it seems that I can beat the AI in 4231 and 442 with a small tweak.

FM18-5221.jpg

I will reply after the end of the season.