FM 18.2.1 WOF 3430 and 3421 Knap

Hi! I was trying out a tactic with similar defensive 5, but could not make it work with my somewhat changed Newcastle, so I dropped it for one of your 4-3-3 formations.

Now that I found this one I can’t wait to get home to try it out!

I have read through some of your other threads, looking for player advice, as in what attributes to prioritise for the different positions, but I haven’t found it. Could you (or somebody else for that sake) point me to a reply somewhere where this is discussed?

By the way: Thanks for saving my job just in time when I switched to one of your other tactics 🙏 

I use attribute masking, or use original squads, so have never produced player filters. I also tend to prefer good players rather than specific attributes. The good player forum normally has great advice for players and also dedicated to what players are available for a team.

For more of a discussion you can try here

https://discordapp.com/invite/eGtyFhe

So you don’t think too much about if a player has got good passing rather then work rate, or vice versa? What is your criteria for telling a good player from a decent one?

i have understood from forum reading to not pay too much attention to role suitability?

I usually rely on scout reports, and perhaps attributes should not be shown by way of a numerical system.

The in game role gives the key attributes, and they can be ranked by way of importance to a position and each players compared to each other. One vital attribute is usually Pace. Also need to consider consistency and how they play in big games.

Hi again @knap

I used your FM17 GOODBYE 3430 with Newcastle and results were just insane (i've won Championship and Carabao Cup, after promotion my team won UEFA Cup, Premier League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup in first season!).

Right now i use your FM18 GOODBYE 343 and results are very disappointing.

I noticed that in FM17 almost all your tactics were Counter based, but in FM18 there are Attacking based (even GOODBYE 3430 for FM18 is Attacking).

Should i use GOODBYE 3430 with Counter?

Any advice would be great!

I have used GOODBYE 343 with Newcastle without any major issues. Attacking is just the new counter. You may have to send me your game so I can see if there are any problems. GOODBYE 343 is the tactic I would recommend or perhaps Volante Anchor

Archived