FM 2009: Official Newcastle United F.C. Thread

Guest Sean10

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and a question, does anyone know of any good fast central defenders? I feel like every time I get scored on its because my players somehow get outrun on the counterattack. They are not pushed up that far in my tactic so needless to say, I am confused. I currently have Coloccini and Taylor as the pair.

Oh and a question, does anyone know of any good fast central defenders? I feel like every time I get scored on its because my players somehow get outrun on the counterattack. They are not pushed up that far in my tactic so needless to say, I am confused. I currently have Coloccini and Taylor as the pair.

I have Thiago Silva in my game and i reckon he is fast for a defender, sidned him for less than 5mil. You can try Federico Fazio too if he is willing to join.

Not even sure if there's a take over anyway.

I'm currently in my 3rd season, and there are even no rumors any more.

I only got each season 3 to 7m euro to spend on transfers, but still I managed to finish 3rd and win the FA cup in season 2.

And now that I'm winning Champions League matches in season 3, I guess Newcastle is cashing in and does not need a new wealthy owner.

On my save the club was bought by a new owner (cant spell his name). He invested 100million for my transfer (and that is for continental finish target). What surprise me was that he keep injecting funds during the season...(almost every couple of months at least...I'm not kidding...however the amounts range from few hundred thousand pounds to couple of millions...) Anyone had this also?

yes mine invested on a monthly basis !

£120 pumped into club at first

cleared all debts

upgraded all facilties even stadium to 60,000 highest it can go i believe without building new one

then gave seperate 88 million for transfers

then al lthrough season one every month witout fail he but anywere from between 4 million to 50 million in every month

yes mine invested on a monthly basis !

£120 pumped into club at first

cleared all debts

upgraded all facilties even stadium to 60,000 highest it can go i believe without building new one

then gave seperate 88 million for transfers

then al lthrough season one every month witout fail he but anywere from between 4 million to 50 million in every month

Hi

When I got taken over , in february they gave me hardly anything

For transfers they have gave me 5m

I keep going on Holiday until I get taken over by a billionaire

Thanks

My prospective take over was by a consortium headed by some guy named Kevin Hardy. It was close. It was on the rocks. It was close. It was on the rocks. Etc., etc., etc. Finally it was off for good. Mike Ashley thanked me for my patience and lifted the embargo. It's now early November and Michael Owen is hurt again. He'll be healthy in a month and I'll showcase him for the Jan window. The club is 7W 1D 4L including being thrashed by Boro 3-0 at Riverside.

Great season Jamie_eves! I take it Ashley didn't get a buyer in your game? Or you got Dereke lambias!

Got Derek Lam- whatever his name is.

Just lost Martins on the 13mil release clause and selling Owen cause he is too injury prone so in the market for some strikers. Looking at James Vaughan and Cardozo, tried to get Pogrebnyak but work permit was turned down.

My plan as mentioned earlier is to field a complete british team capable of winning the premiership.

Well Llambias took charge in late September and made it clear money would not be made available.

Thankfully i'd done a deal with man city to take the forever injured owen off my hands for a nice 32mil(Llambias only made 30mil available to me however)

I set about spending this cash straight away b4 it "mysteriously" landed in llambias's pocket

Jan Transfers: (all sterling)

D. Ashton - 11m (A gamble i know but i'm a fan of em)

N. Delfouneso - 2.2m (potential to be as good as Owen according to the backroom staff)

J. Mattock - 2.5m (Heard good things about em, looks capable of holding his own in the prem...so far)

J. Rodwell - 8m (Another player recommended by the backroom staff, it's been awhile since i forked out this much for a 17yr old in this game)

Out:

with smith and ameobi gone within the first few days for a combined 7million, furthers followed in jan:

M. Owen - 32m

Cacapa - 120k

Jose Enrique - 8m(had been one of the better performers but wanted to leave and i wasn't gonna stand in his way, mattock is ready to fill his boots)

Possible future signings:

J. Bullard - looks set to leave on a free at the end of the season and i may snap em up

A. Lennon - stats arn't great but his pace and his potential ability make em very appealing, currently unhappy too

J. pennant - (a last resort if i fail in a bid to get lennon)

S. Sinclair - again plenty of potential and will surely be looking for a new club in a year or two

B. Foster - undecided and at the mo has no intention of playing for me unless utd tell em he's surplus to requirements

M. Mancienne - plan on using him as a RB if purchased.

Any advice on these players would be appreciated thanks!

So were am i in the league? Well the team is currently 9th, 3 points away from a uefa cup spot with 16 games remaining.

Concentration has been my teams downfall with players making silly errors in the final 15mins of games.

Given, Coloccini and Jonas have been my stand out performers with Barton pushing for a regular slot after sum recent impressive displays but most importantly improved discipline!!

With viduka in line for a return in feb(needs adjusting in next patch...he's back playing in Dec!!) and seemingly out of favour with the backroom staff, i was wondering if he's worth another contract??

And as i'm trying to field a complete british team, has anyone had any luck wit Tozer, lua lua and Ranger? Tozer is pushing for a place on the bench already and lua lua is showing promise.

Okay, Ill add my experiences to the list.

After realizing my squad was not all that good, I tried getting some new faces in but the known lack of funds made it difficult. Friendlies did not go that well, so I already asked myself if choosing the magpies as my first game was a fun decision.

At least there was no transfer embargo due to the takeover in the transfer period.

Haven't gotten that far yet, but these were my transfers and first impressions:

Out:

Smith (West Brom) € 5m

Owen (Tottenham) € 14m

Cacapa (Boro) € 525k

Tozer (Rangers) € 40k loan fee

Geremi (Portsmouth) € 2.6m

Wanted to get rid of Ameobi, Butt and Duff too, but no interest.

In:

Rivaldo (Bunyodkor) € 1.3m - 3 goals in 6 matches but really bad ratings

Cardozo (some Spanish side) € 8.75m - crappy performances so far but good attributes

Emerson (Milan) free loan - good choice

Beletti (Chelsea) € 875k loan fee, no option - doing a good job in DM and DR so far, though just second option in both positions

Song (Arsenal) free loan - unused backup as planned

Vukcevic (Sporting) € 6.5m - a few good set pieces and long shots but not efficient so far

Well, my season started very average.

Won the first two rounds of the league cup and in the league I have 2w 2d 3l, which I feel should be slightly better. Worst thing is that I lost 0-3 to Boro and Sunderland each. Ouch :(

Well then, on came news from the take over front. A transfer embargo was imposed on Sep 15th and an unknown tycoon rumoured to take over with lots of money to spend. To save me from disappointment, I didn't believe a word. Said tycoon became then soon known by name and I started hoping. It was said he wanted to give me € 205m to spend. A few days later came a message 'Newcastke couting the money' which I thought was just another update without background - until I saw a personal message from Mr. Yang Yi two messages above :D

Well, to cut it short, he injected € 200m, €70m off the debts and € 130 to the account :cool:

Now I still have no bigger transfer budget but one can expect an adjustment in January. Shopping!!! And so far no pressure from Mr. Yi saying that I should better win or he'll get another manager.

Needless to say I'm excited. Now I just have to keep winning to have a good position when I get my new starts. The list of interested players is now topped by a certain Mr. Pirlo.

I feel well. Will keep you updated :)

For those who sold Jose Enrique, who did you bring in to replace him? I am having a hard time looking for a replacement at least with CA already better than him.

Just reach the Jan Transfer window and here are some of the transfer activities for both July and Jan,

IN

July,

Alexis Sanchez, 3.5mil

Oubina, 6.5mil

Thiago Silva, 6.5mil

Viviano (GK), 1.4mil, 22 yrs old and generally better than S.Given.

Jan,

Cardozo, 10.5 mil

Cretien, 10.25 mil

Kierrison, 3.4 mil

Jaime Gavilian, 4.5 mil

A brazilian Right midfield name Fanouten or something like that, 7.25 mil

OUT

July,

Alan Smith, 7mil

Geremi, 6.75mil

Cacapa, 750k

Ameobi, 2mil

Jan,

Owen, 20mil

Martins, 12.5mil

Beye, 7.5mil

Am thinking off selling Jose Enrique and use the fund to buy a better left back.

Not doin do well ATM. Lying at position 12 due to a series of bad run. However have been winning for the last 4 games so things are looking good now.

Anyone know why Collocini gets hundreds of yellow cards a season?

Collocini got even 5 red cards for me on a season.

Still remember that he was 5 and 6 matches suspended with his 4th and 5th red card. :mad:

Got an offer of 25m euro for him, and bought Sidnei with the cash, which is great.

Collocini got even 5 red cards for me on a season.

Still remember that he was 5 and 6 matches suspended with his 4th and 5th red card. :mad:

Got an offer of 25m euro for him, and bought Sidnei with the cash, which is great.

lol thats pretty impressive! himself and barton must of had a bet on to see who got sent off the most or sumthin

He's only gotten two yellows for me all season! I will say this thou, he has taken a likeing to injuring the oppositions forward line *evil laugh*

I tried to play with the original new-squad and not buy anything until jan, but wow thats hard man. A norwegian guy have bought the club and pumped in 95m but....i think if you want success with newcastle you have to get rid of half the squad, its a bit boring but yeah...

Anyone know of a good RB I can get for Newcastle Utd in the 1st Jan transfer window?

Habib Beye is ok but just agreed to let him move to Marseille as they offered £5m and he is 31yrs old.

I tried to sign a Costa Rican guy for £400k (Borbon?) but couldn't get a w/p. Also Anyukov but they wanted about £9m

Had a respectable start to the campaign, unbeaten at start of season and through the friendlies. I decided to remove a number of players by offering to clubs.

Transfers Out:

Smith £5.25 million

Beye £8.5 million - couldn't believe my luck!

Lua Lua £1 million

Geremi £6 million

Edgar £1 million

Total £22 million - will be adding to this with the sale of Owen in the Jan window, hope to renew contract first

Transfers In:

Pogrebnyak £5.25 million

Diarra £11 million

Belletti loan fee £750k

Total £17 million

Diarra is the business in centre mid, Pogrebnyak looks like a machine and belletti bombs on down the wing, its looking good! except....

Ashley is currently in talks with a prospective buyer but unless rumours start to circulate about a foreign investor it looks like its Llambias for my good self. Oh well its money I never had.

Archived