FM09 - Official Sunderland Thread - More Irish Money

AcidBurn

just had my worst showing in the champions league for years, just lost 4-2 on aggregate to Inter milan :( lost both legs 2-1. first thanks to going down to 10 men, second because of an own goal :(

in the first knockout round!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been knocked out the league cup by Wigan, kids messing up their chance at showing English football what they can do, hopefully we can win the other 3 competitions we're in!

We've started well in the Premier League, and the UEFA Cup, allbeit with an easy group.

At the moment I'm really starting to consider my future as Sunderland boss, after starting the season well and having already qualified from our UEFA Cup with 2 games left, both at home, we have now gone on a run of 5 games without a win in the league - And it has put us well behind the league leaders Arsenal, and there is a gap forming between us and the top four - My main aim for the season being a top four finish.

I declared my interest in the Athletico Madrid job and now the fans ain't too happy with me, and if the form don't pick up soon then this could be my final season as boss. :(

well i think before the new ground opens ill be having a cull of some of my older players next summer currently have

GK:Ocha - 36

MC:Fabregas - 34

AML:Sanchez - 29

DC:Rigg - 28

MC:Jose - 28

also found a way to change the name of the ground it will be called "the Vaux Arena :)

Approaching xmas and was wondering, would Ignachio Camacho be a good signing?

Also, we have walked out UEFA Cup group, finishing with 16 points, and we will play Kobenhaven in the last 32, with the winners taking on Aberdeen or Zenit - Should be a simple passage to the last eight.

Also, we have just beat Leeds 4-0 away from home, and have league leaders Arsenal at home next in the league, so hopefully we can get some good wins, with Man Utd and Liverpool both at home in the next few games also.

End of 2020/21 season

Another good League display saw us blow away the oppositon racking up my third highes points tootal with 97 points picked up.

Which culminsated in blowing away Middlesboro 7-0 in january, The season started well with Fulham beaten 2-0 in the charity shield, following it up with a 3-0 win over Udinese a few weeks later to pick up the Super Cup. The 92 scored and 17 conceeded could have been so much better but the team lost their ability in front of goal some what in april and may, and the ousting of ocha 3 games into the season may have hampered my back line a little after he conceeded 5 goals in 3 League games

95425637.png

The Cups were mainly a good thing this year except for the disappointing Champions League outing

carling Cup:

3rd Round drew a home vist of Championship title winners Swansea theye were brushed aside 3-0 with Goals from the two german lads Muller grabed one and Ochs a brace.

Next up in the fourth round was the turn of Liverpool to visit sunderland and in a game that looked to be even on paper, the scousers were blown away as Muller, Sawyers, Jorge, Jose and Giles completed a 5-0 rout

Quater finals and another of the old fashinoned "big Four" came to sunderland but this game was closer as chelsea led for most of the game however a Koswal free-kick and that man Ochs turned the game around and set up a semi final tie v 2nd in the League Fulham

The first Leg of the semi at Cravan Cottage went well with Sawyers and Mathlouthi scoring to put us in the driving seat a goal from Fulham looked to make it a nevery game towards the end but winger Taylor notched to end the game for the first leg.

The Second leg looked to have a problem as Fulham raced out of the blocks and scored the opening goal to tie the game 2-2 and leave us relying on awya goals. however after the break a Paulo Reis o.g. leveled the tie on the night and put our noses in front and with the snif of another wembly apperarence the flood gates opened with Oakley, Ochs, Sawyers and Jorge finishing off a 5-1 route and setting up the final v MAn City

The final as a contest was over before it had began with two goals in the opening half an hour from Gilies and Rigg left Man City with alot to do but they couldnt break us down and we lifted our 5th Consecutive Carling cup and only the 6th win in the clubs history

FA Cup:

The 3rd round put in a potential upset as i had to travel to League one Ipswich town, but goals from Hakkar, Destro and Mathlouthi put paid to the plucky underdog as a comfortable 3-0 scoreline was handed out.

In the 4th Round Man Utd rolled up to the stadium of light and straight out of the FA cup as they were no Match for us with Sawyers, Ochs and Jorge scoring the goals to put us into a 5th round Tie v Leicester

Well a trickly looking trip to the walkers was on the cards however a nother game where the midfield played out of their skin and goals from the midfield two of Hakkar and gilles put us into another tie with Fulham in the 6th round

Another Meating with fulham who were looking for revenge after being thwarted in their bid for the Carling cup and were desperatly trying to claw our lead at the top of the league back worked when two goals in the last ten minutes forced a replay with the game finishing 2-2

In the replay they wernt so lucky as their goal in the last 5 minutes done very little to the tie after goals from Hakkar, Fabregas and Marcelo put us into the semis of the FA Cup

Chelsea were faced again with a view to revenge for the 2-1 carlign cup defeat was no use as the league champions was too good for them with a Jorge hat-trick Keeping us on course for our domestic Treble

Liverpool were once again our oponents in the cup and in front of a 90000 sell-out at wembley a goal before half time by Jorge and one on the Hour from Muller handed us the Domestic Treble!.

Champions League

After being handed a relativly easy group with Seville, Palermo and Leverkusen i expected a easy round and 3-1 wins home and away to palermo, 3-0 and 4-1 scorelines v Leverkusen and a 2-0 and 3-3 scores v Seville eased me through to the first Kockout round and a trip to the san siro to face Inter Milan

Which is where it went horribly wrong with the game tied at 1-1 in italy a Harsh decision and my right back got his marching orders and the italian scored from the resulting free-kick leaving us with a 2-1 defeat but i took heart from the away goal. in the Second leg we took the leagut to have us going through on away goals, but a penalty in the last ten mins gave inter the lead and when we threw men forward we were caught on the break and knocked out in the first knock out round

World Club Cup

a Semi final Tie v America(MEX) looked to be a Easy tie and we dispatched them 5-0 thanks to goals from Gilies, Hakkar brace, Jorge and an own goal

The final drew me against my japanese feeder team Urawa Reds they were trounced 6-1 with a hat-trick from Marcelo, and one each from Fabregas, Sanchez and Jorge

Rest of the World Round up:

Premiership Champions League(Leicester,Leeds,ManCity) Europa(Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool) RELEGATEDC.Palace, Middlesboro, Hull

Championship Champions Swansea, Promoted West Brom, Wolves RELEGATED Burnley, Millwall, Barnsley

League one Champions Sheff Wed, Promoted Coventry, Southend RELEGATED Colchester, Huddersfield,Luton,Crewe

League Two Champions Hartlepool, Oldham, Preston, rotherham RELEGATED Exter NEWCASTLE!!!!

Spain Seville

Italy AC Milan

Holland Ajax

Germany FC Bayern

France Lyon

Portugal Sporting

Scotland Rangers

Europa League Arsenal

Newcastle are out of the game then, thats wicked.

Good rounds up of your game there enjoyed reading it. Good to see Leicester and Leeds up there always nice when teams that start lower down the leagues come up and start to establish themselves.

Got into my game last night and played upto late September.

August

Fulham (h) won 4-0

Blackburn (a) drew 2-2

Manchester City (h) won 3-2

September

Tottenham (a) won 3-2

Litex (a) won 3-0 Champions League Group Stage

Wolves (h) won 2-0

Just played a couple of games since my last post. Beat Middlesbrough 1-0 and also beat West Ham by the same scoreline, both away.

In the league I have played 8, won 7 and drawn 1.

ECC Group Stages, I played the toughest game of the 6, away to Atletico Madrid, I would have taken a draw and this was what I got when Marquinhos equalised late on.

I am still waiting on Bojan to return from injury, next game is a tough trip to Chelsea.

just pulled out the biggest potential upset ever:

FA Cup 5th round

Doncaster Rovers - League one 13th average record

Sunderland - Premiership 1st Still on a 100% league reccord after 22 Games

Aye, sell Nosworthy, I got £6 million for him, and bring in Léo from Grémio, if you have any funds left then go for Pogrebnyak, you will need a good forward let me tell you.

Hey guys

I'm in my second season at Sunderland

First things first though

The first season was disasterous

I finished 11th in the premier leage, got knocked out of league cup in the 5th round and out of FA cup in the semi-finals

Still, on the bright side, i managed to bring in some good players and offload most of the useless clowns i started with

For the second season i got 44m for transfer and, after i sold the rest of the players i started with, managed to (almost) complete my squad

It currently consists of Akinfeev, Enyeama, Sakho, Lugano, Leo, Atouba, M'bengue, Santon, Mazzarini, Mokoena, Mbia, Defour, Beckham, Buonanotte, Feghouli, Albin, Lennon, Downing, O'Donovan, Fleck, Lovenkrands and Kierrison

Season didn't start too well with 2:2 vs Everton at home and 0:3 vs Chelsea away

After that though things went pretty well and i'm currently on a five match unbeaten run (4 victories and a draw) and am sitting at 7th spot

Unfortunately it may end soon as i have away games at City of Manchester and Villa Park followed by matches with Arsenal and Liverpool at home

Just played 2 pretty key games in my season, entered early November and after a run of "easy" games I came up against Chelsea away and also a high flying Villa team away.

Arsenal are again going to be my nearest challengers it seems, I curse the day Arsene Wenger brought in so many quality youngsters. They started off shakily but have since put a good run together and are just 3 points behind me after 10 games.

I absolutely battered Chelsea and somehow only won 1-0 courtesy of a Marquinhos piledriver, I hit the bar on numerous occasions and my defence played very well allowing me to keep a clean-sheet.

I would have taken a draw against Villa, however we went one better and even though we were run ragged somehow managed to win 1-0 again, my defence is playing tremendous at the moment with new signings Javier and Santon bedding in well, upfront Balotelli is scoring consistently which means I am not missing the injured Bojan too much, however I wish Saivet would get out of his dip in form.

1-0 to the Sunderland is becoming a familiar scoreline, the win over Villa was the 5th 1-0 in a row, but I think it is a very satisfying scoreline so I'm not complaining too much!

Unbeaten, but there is noway I will make it through the entire season with this record, Arsenal are sure to smash me at the Emirates, it is the only ground I have yet to take 3 points from as manager of Sunderland...

You can get £5 million for Leadbitter aswell. Start of 2nd season I got £10 million for McShane and the same for Diouf, Malbranque, McCartney. All together I sold £83 million worth of players at the end of the 1st season.

You shouldnt get relegated if you use Tylers tactic it is wicked I would also end Cisses loan and try to bring in Lavezzi to partner Pogrebnyak upfront. Also get another CB, Malbranque can be wicked in the first season, Whitehead always plays very well for me aswell.

You can get £5 million for Leadbitter aswell. Start of 2nd season I got £10 million for McShane and the same for Diouf, Malbranque, McCartney. All together I sold £83 million worth of players at the end of the 1st season.

That was with one of the older patches though wasn't it, I think?

A good start is what you need though, good luck dude.

Good thing is as well, I've played 3 of the top 4 in the first 8 games.

Winning 2-0 away to West Brom at half-time at the minute, everything seems to be working at the minute.

My team is:

Gordon

Santon/Bardsley

Rat

Mosquera

Ferdinand

Beckham

Reid/Richardson

Whitehead

Tainio

Cisse/Doyle

Jones/Doyle

A little update:

13 games in and I sit in 6th place with 20 points, I am a little unhappy with my last 2 games though:

Hull 2-1 SAFC

SAFC 1-1 Portsmouth

I felt that I should have got at least 3 or 4 points from these 2 games.

December should be a great month results wise, I have:

Boro away

Wigan home

Stoke home

Fulham home

and also Spurs in League cup quarter finals at home at the start of the month

Should be looking for at least 3 wins in those games and a draw or a win against Boro.

I won't win all three home games, I think win 2 and draw 1, draw away to Boro

Have West Ham away in the league before I go into December, draw would be decent.

right ill be buggering off a bit on this for two reasons: aunt is coming here for a few days and i lose access to my PC :( plus ive kinda got a little bored since my 100% season and my current unbeaten year im going to put me on holiday till June 1st ever season but im going to create a new persona and take over a club in league two and create a team challenging my sunderland side, there will be no links what so ever between the clubs so so i cant gain an advantyage by farming out my players i should hopefully end up back as sunderland manager (my current one) after a few seasons

right ill be buggering off a bit on this for two reasons: aunt is coming here for a few days and i lose access to my PC :( plus ive kinda got a little bored since my 100% season and my current unbeaten year im going to put me on holiday till June 1st ever season but im going to create a new persona and take over a club in league two and create a team challenging my sunderland side, there will be no links what so ever between the clubs so so i cant gain an advantyage by farming out my players i should hopefully end up back as sunderland manager (my current one) after a few seasons

That sounds a good idea to keep your interest with that save.

My latest result: West Ham 0-0 Sunderland - pretty happy

:( oh well that plan is scuppered as my game has run out of ram :(

Ahhh wounder, start again on the newer patch :)

I gained 7 points from those 4 games from December:

Boro 2-0 SAFC :(

SAFC 4-2 Wigan

SAFC 2-1 Stoke

SAFC 1-1 Fulham

Just signed Zuculini on 1st Jan and looks like Malbranque will be sold for £5m

Archived