FM09 - Official Sunderland Thread - More Irish Money

AcidBurn

Well so far I have sold ferdinand for 22.5m to Man city, McCartney to Villa for 9.25m and Jones to chelsea for 10m, had to negotiate a few times to get that much for all of them.

Yeah i wanna get rid of edwards.

Mackem cheers for the advice but I think I have players coming in who shall do the business. Will tell all when they are done deals.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks

Yeah I had an offer refused for hulk for 20m and i wasn't prepared to pay any more

Glad with my purchases instead, very glad. I think I can get a top 4 place this year.

Still need to sort out a few more deals then I shall post them

Ha ha i think you will be happy, I certainly am just trying to negotiate better deals cause it seems as I have made quite a bit of money off sales other teams think they can hold me for ransom. I did have an opportunity to sign Akinfeev for 14.75m and i went to offer a contract but then thought about it and realised I had just got this very promosing regen and Gordon did very well last year so decided to cancel it. Lets hope its not a bad decision

Gordon is still my first choice in 2014, got a great regen who came through the Sunderland youth setup who is tipped to be better. But for the moment, Craig is still going strong. Last season 38 league games only conceded 28.

And he got a 7.8 in the CL final, would never have kept a clean sheet without him.

I kept him because he started playing the best football of his career from the age of 34 and upwards. Most of it is due to me having awesome defenders but he is as solid as ever I have a regen GK who will be ready once Gordon is too old but he has 47 more league games until he becomes Sunderland record league ppearance holder so I want to get him to that if I can.

Ok the transfer window has shut time for another update.

Here are my transfers:-

2ndseasontransfers.jpg

As you can see I have made quite a bit in selling the deadwood. Was suprised with the kind of money I could get for some of the players. And that along with the 29m the board gave me to spend I have bben able to go on a spending spree.

This is my squad now:-

2ndseasonsquad.jpg

I think I have a strong enough squad now to challenge fo a top 4 spot and compete in all competitions. And compared to last seasons squad I also have more strength in depth. So thats my aim for this season but things haven't started great in the league. I have won 1 drawn 1 and lost 1 so far.

But in the Euro cup I hae been scoring goals for fun.

In the 3rd qualifyiing round I beat Djurgarden 4-2 on aggregate. Not an amazing result but I hadn't played any friednlies before so the squad was unfit. n the 4th qualifying round I played Anorthosi and detroyed them 12-0 on aggregate. Including 8-0 at home.

Stars so far are laurito who is looking like a qualty striker and martin caceres who is starting to look like a rock already.

Just had the draw for the Euro Cup group stage where I have been handed, what I think is, an easy group. I will play AZ, Le Mans and Teplice. So Its looking good for a good run in the cup.

Just finished my second season with the lads, came in 9th place which was a bit underwhelming considering for most of the campaign I was in the top 6. That's what a run of bad form can do. Made it to the FA Cup final, losing to Chelsea 3-0, we played badly and they scored some killer goals: Gordon should have had the first one - close ranger from Drogba; but the other two came from about 30 yards out and should never have hit the back of the net...but what are you gonna do? Got ****ed at the post-match press conference, again we played badly, and richardson reacted quite badly. not a big deal as he is one of the weakest links.

Already got some transfers worked out, so here they are:

Signing Freddy Adu for 7.5mill from Benfica

Signing Edin Dzeko for 13mill from Wolfsburg

Selling:

Meyler to Dag and Reds, Cook to Exeter, Waghorn to Inverness CT, O'Donovan also to Inverness CT for free

Possible Team for nect season:

GK: Gordon/Fulop

DR: Kladrubsky/Santon

DL: McCartney/Mattock

DC: Leo/Ferdinand

DC: Reginiussen

MR: Rosina/Beckham

ML: Malbranque/Reid

MC: Thomson/Whitehead

MC: Adu/Francois

ST: Lavezzi/Milevskyi

ST: Dzeko/Milevskyi

Plan on flogging:

Reid, Malbranque, Richardson, Whitehead, Smolov

Signings Needed:

A really good ML, been having trouble finding one with good dribbling, crossing, pace, passing, flair, and creativity - figure that's what I'm missing down the left wing - all the good ones are owned by Man U or Chelsea already and they want over 20mill...sorry but no player is worth that imo!

Could also use a backup DC, although Jordan Spence may be good enough for a backup (maybe not)

In my opinion you shouold go for Simon Vukcevic, he has been great for me. Or youth wise maybe Rossi from Juventus if you can get him.

Not too sure about back up defenders I just seem to buy the best I can then decide whos gonna be back up lol

unfortunaly my game has come to a bit of a stop as my pc has died a horrible horrible death got a back up of the save from the euro 2020 (euro championships before my pre-season i spoke about) and my laptop cant run the save as it runs out of memory so going to be a few days before i get back into this

premw.jpg

Just finished the 2019-2020 season this was my best performance in terms of points in a season and goals scored, I have gone a full season unbeaten a few seasons back but drew alot more games. Strangely both the games I lost were at home and in both games we had a player sent off.

We also won the Champions league 3-0 against Arsenal also beat Arsenal on pentalties in the league cup final and beat Chelsea 4-3 in the FA Cup final. That means the team have won the quad for 3 seasons in a row, I want to get to the top of the world hall of fame but to do that I will h ave to lead my Brazil team to a world cup as I think you get alot of points for that.

marceloz.jpg

rileyd.jpg

Two best players at the club, Riley came up through the Sunderland academy so its brilliant he has turned out so good. Marcelo is just awesome always scores big goals in big matches especially finals.

Riley was crap when he first came through and his first couple of season were painful but the past 3 seasons he has just been unstoppable. I only kept him due to the assman rating him so highly. I had to give him games to improve his stats.

I was proud of the goals difference and the points but I feel I could of conceeded a few less I have a 4-4 draw with Arsenal and a 3-3 with someone else aswell. The icing on the cake was Newcastle getting relegated aswell and the fact that we beat them 8-0 but I am going to miss beating them every season to be honest.

Great work Acidburn, keep it up.

At the moment, I have just moved into 2012, January and I am selling Nilmar, for the same price as we paid. But at the moment we cannot find a replacement, looking for a Target Man to partner Keirrison when he is back from his horrific injury.

Also trying to sign Robinho, Progenybyrack (sp) & Laurito all on free transfers when their contracts run out, none are interested at the moment but if we can push into Europe then they might change their minds.

Just thought I would update.

My little squad have done me proud and with 10 games to go we are 3 points behind Arsenal who are top while the nearest challengers to the both of us are Man City, but they are 9 points off in 3rd. Hopefully Arsenal will slip up, I have some difficult games now and wouldn't want to concede too much ground to them.

In the FA Cup I have just beaten Everton 4-3 in the Quarter Finals and have been handed a rather easy looking semi-final date with Hull who are 17th.

In the Champions League, I was paired with Roma in the first knock-out round and in the Olympico I nabbed a 1-1 draw, so I am set to progress through to the quarter-finals, I can't see me winning it but its nice to do well and recieve money.

Transfer wise, Cardozo has been a joke ever since I signed him so decided to flog him to Hull for £8 million, to replace him in the Summer I am targetting Balotelli from Inter.

The transfer window, January, has just closed and we managed to sell Nilmar for £14.25m and regen Shpak for £3.5m as the finances at the club are taking a beating at the moment.

On deadline day we managed to sign Milevskyi to partner Keirrison and he has done okay in the first few games, and we're on a great run of form at the moment that has seen us close the gap on not only the top 6, but the top four also. With the next 5 games being vital to whether we will challenge either for the end of the season.

Will keep you updated.

2a4r9xx.jpg

Arsenal were top of the league whilst I was second, level on points with them.

That victory could have just sent me on my way to the title, especially since my run-in is somewhat easier than theirs.

5 games to go now and I could be claiming my first Premier League title at the end!

Good work mate. Keep it up.

AN update from me now.

Well after a horrendous start to the season with only 1 win in 8 and the players on my back I managed to turn things around with a tactic change. I spent ages creating it and it was working, which i was happy with. Then all of a sudden we just turned rubbish. Couldn't defend, could ardly score. And thats kind of how its continued. With yet again another hour designing my tactic, results have improved but still not great.

We got knocked out of the League cup by west ham 3-1. Then we got knocked out of the fa cup in the 4th round by DERBY. I was playing some young players though.

In europe we are still going strong. Just played the first leg of the 1st round knockout. Which was away. We won 4-3. So looking to keep it tight in the home leg and progress to probably face spurs.

The league form is very inconsistent. We are sat in 9th place after 27 games. 6 pts off 5th with a game in hand. Which still isn't too bad but I did have high hopes of a top 4 finish at the start of the season.

IN january we made the following transfers:

Guy Goldberg 6k - a young central midfielder

Vincent Enyeama 2.6m

Rafael 3.9m - who played excellently in our dramatic 2 goal comeback against Man united, guess he was showing Fergie what hes lost.

Damien Escudero loan

Now I am going to try and figure out how I can get the team performing consistently and try and get a top 6 finish and get as far in Europe as I can.

Any help would be most appreciated

End of Season Four Update:

In the cups, we struggled. Going out of both the FA Cup and League Cups in the 4th round to Liverpool and Man Utd respectively.

In the league, after a shocking start a great end of season run saw us rise from 14th to 8th, battling for a top six finish at the end of the season, but unfortunately just falling short with a couple of draws and defeats in the final two games of the season to Arsenal and Man Utd.

Was also sent packing from the European Championships with Russia early on, so resigned from that post to focus on Sunderland, as we look for a top six finish this coming season.

Already arranged the sales of De Silvestri, Altidore & Anton Ferdinand as we were in serious debt due to a disgraceful wage budget, with a lot of high earners not even playing regular, so I intend to get rid of more dead-wood in the summer a replace with vibrant youth.

Here's my squad, any suggestions on where to improve?

Will update with transfers when the season starts etc... Been given a budget of £27m, plus sales to improve the side so hopefully should bring in a top quality RB, and a new striker are the main aims. Got the arranged transfer of Dos Santos from Spurs sorted for £2m, which for me is a great deal as Dossevi looks set to leave, against my will.

Ok season 2 has ended, it has been a season of ups a downs. We started off with the qualifying for the Euro cup group stage which we did very comfortably with aggregate scores of 4-2 against Djurgarden and 12-0 against Anorthosi. After that i thought the season will be good. And then it fell apart. The first 7 games of the league we only won 1 and couldn't buy a win and then results improved after a look at my tactics. We carried on playing ok and picking up points here and there but were far too inconsistent and by january the players had lost confidence in me.

While our performances in the league faltered we were storming through the group stages of the Euro Cup with 4 wins and 2 draws.

After the january transfer window I took a break from the game and had a look through my tactics properly and after about 2 hours of tweaking I was set. From then on things seemed to click. We started picking up points and from 13th/14th place we rose up the table, but I was thinking its too late for the top 4 spot i had craved before the season had began and alas it did turn out to be. But we managed to keep picking up points and got into 6th place. For the remaining 8 games of the season we were fighting with villa and west ham for 6th spot.

In Europe we were drawn against Spurs in the 2nd knockout round and I thought this is it, we are out. In the first leg we completely destroyed them 4-1 at their own place but lost 3-2 at home. And on we marched to face celtic in the Quarters. The first leg was a walkover finishing 5-0 to us again at their own place. In the second leg I knew we were away so I rested some players and we managed a 3-3 draw. Thats when it got really worrying, we were drawn against Arsenal. Now I knew we were in trouble and the first leg at their place, yes we seem to get away draws first ha ha, we were soundly beaten 4-2. The second leg I decided to just go for it as we had nothing to lose and this happened:-

varsenal.jpg

Well as you might think i was delighted, never dreamt of that happening. And on we marched to the final where it was a close game but we just managed to sneak it.

eurofinal.jpg

Back to the league, in between those 2 semi finals against arsenal we had to play them in the league and soundly best them 3-1, and in the last game we needed a win against man united or hope villa or west ham fail to win. We were 2-0 dwn at ht, west ham were 3-0 dwn to arsenal and vila were 1 up against reading. To claim 6th spot we needed a miracle and in the form of pantellic and lavezzi we got it, they both scored to snatch a 2-2 draw. West ham obviously lost and reading scored a late goal to draw against Villa so we just sneaked 6th spot.

season2table.jpg

Here is the player stats for the season:-

playersstatss2.jpg

The domestic cups were a night mare and we went out in the 4th round of each to derby and west ham.

Now onto the 3rd season and i plan to get rid of the deadwood and bring in some talented youngsters as back up to the main 11. And this time I just want to put a decent domestic cup run together, try and defend the Euro cup and break into the top 5 in the league

Liking your striker force there. I have never won the UEFA cup on FM before so well done your team is shaping really nicely.

Craig Gordon just made his 500th league appearance for my Sunderland team still got a few more left until he beats the record but he will beat it hopefully.

Brilliant work there winning the UEFA Cup.

Working on a few signings myself at the moment, won't be signing James Vaughan as Everton want £20m and he wants £75,000 a week plus bonuses, and i don't agree with those types of wages for a player we're taking a punt on.

Jay - Unlucky in the euros but now you can focus your efforts on sunderland lol. Good end to the season there, shame you had to face arsenal and man united, same as me ha ha.

Its quite hard to reccomend new signings for you as you are a bit ahead but i shall have a scout around for some talent for you.

AcidBurn - Thanks for the comments. Yeah I am happy with my strike force except pantellic whho im looking to sell and bring in a young replacement.

Yeah I'm loving gordon. Good work on keeping him he keeps wantint to leave me. Are any of your strikers close to beating the goals record aswell?

The all time record is quite high at 208 so there is no one that close to it yet as I havent had a main striker stay for more than 5 years and its 208 league goals. I think Defoe was closest but my regen striker has 80 league goals and is 23 so he will get it eventually.

Ah right same here have noone near it but i think laurito will get it eventually if i manage to keep him.

Got an update coming but won't be for a while as still got a month of the transfer window left but have made some exceptional signings again

Start of Season Five update:

During the summer, I knew the side needed a slight revamp in terms of depth and I needed to bring in some more youngsters to come through, and I felt it was a job well done.

We made a lot of early sales and brought in a lot of money for players I felt were no longer needed at the club, and needed to move to get their careers back on track, something I think about rather than just the club I'm managing.

At the start of the summer it seemed Fleck and Dossevi would be leaving, but over the course of the summer it became clear I would not be able to replace either of them well enough, so decided to keep them.

In terms of the start of the season, we have started well with victories over Bolton and Villa at home, and an away draw with Everton, which have made me quite optimistic for the rest of the season as we look for that illusive top six finish.

Here's my summer dealings. And here is the current squad.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I haven't been asked to be a manager of an national team and I am in my 4th season and progressing nicely.

Anyway, after my defeat of Arsenal which has set me on the way to the title, next came Real Madrid in the Champions League, unfortunately I lost the first leg 2-1 at home so I didn't hold out much hope for the 2nd leg, and as I expected we were soundly beaten 3-1. The league is the main focus this year so I wasn't too bothered.

Next up for me is a FA Cup semi-final against Hull, I would love to do the double, but I think this will be a hard game.

Wish me luck guys!

Ok update time.

The transfer window has just shut and i have made all my transfers and i feel i have a much beeter side than last year.

Transfers ive made:-

Out

A few have left on frees and -

Malbranque - 4.8m

Richardson - 8m

pantellic - 3m

In

Wijnaldum - Free

Hernanes - 18m

Marquinhos - 8.75m

Saivet - 2.4m

Young future talent

Neagoe - 3.6m

Brouwers - 1.7m

Kilic - Free

Kantas - 140k

Valade - 2.3m

Sellier - 2.9m

Here is my squad now

3rdseasonteam.jpg

So far I have played 2 league games

Blackburn (H) won 1-0

Man United (A) won 2-0

and the Euro super cup which i lost 2-1 against Man City

Tactic still seems strong but could use some work still in the attacking department which i shall work on over the season.

Got Newcastle next so hopefully we can smash them lol

Its good to see people buying players that are different to the same old ones on here, if he scores 20 plus goals a season for your team then he will be worth every penny his stats usually develope pretty nicely aswell if I remember rightly.

At the moment we're FLYING.

Keirrison and Vaughan are scoring goals, as is Fleck and Dossevi is creating them left right and centre. Top of the league after 11 games! Won the last seven - Including a 3-2 win over Chelsea and a 5-1 win over Liverpool, this could be an amazing season out of the blue.

Archived