FM-18 The Giant 70 Challenge (Requires claassens Mega Pack)

2 hours ago, markypark14 said:

A 2,700km journey from Surinam to Panama to take on CA Independiente.

@TheEarl Panama has one of these leagues split into two stages - an opening and closing stage. Teams play each other twice in the opening stage, the top four qualifying for a champions semi-final/final. Same happens in the closing stage. So for the challenge, do I need to win just one of these stages or do I need to finish top in the overall league table (opening and closing combined)?

After both stages are finished, there is not a final between the winner of both finals? If not you only need to win one of the stages. The league position doesn't matter in any case. You just need to win that final match to be crowned champion. 

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, TheEarl said:

After both stages are finished, there is not a final between the winner of both finals? If not you only need to win one of the stages. The league position doesn't matter in any case. You just need to win that final match to be crowned champion. 

No winners final, just the final at the end of each stage. Looking at the past winners there have been two champions each season meaning that winning the final of either stage will be enough for the title.

Season 2018/19

Serbian White Eagles Football Club

5a6a848550706_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-26um02_29_27.png.e4d001cd88a9a7bf3090781504da34ef.png

Pre-Season

5a6a84b5ade6f_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-26um02_30_12.thumb.png.1d7f0d3e8651cfca0d6d6c25d5b2ada9.png

We had to play more friendlies as usual for Canadian clubs but I felt it was necessary to earn something this year and without the 0-3 Loss against Toronto FC II my new team played incredibly well, especially the win against the rivals FC Vorkuta.

Canadian Soccer League 2018/19

5a6a85318b71f_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-25um22_33_17.thumb.png.e394f2fd3a7b0d4488fd5175073c77da.png

After the good Preseason we started not well and we played a boring and not good structured ball and York Region Shooters and FC Vorkuta were ahead with 8 points of us after half of the season. My opinions about my 4-2-3-1 with possession to do well in Canada went quickly and I changed the Formation to a directly 3-1-4-2 and then we were especially in the offense tremendous. We finished at the last league game as second and we went with a good morale in the Final Stage and Royal Toronto and Brantford weren't opponents where we would struggle and we reached the Big Final but Vorkuta was too strong this year and they finally deserved to win the Canadian Soccer League

League Table 2018/19

5a6a86a414cfd_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-26um02_38_28.thumb.png.d0eae382df144f0358def69742e86b26.png

CLUB

Season  | Club  | Nation | League pos. | Cup pos. | Continental qual. | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes            |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | ASC Génération Foot Dakar | Senegal | 1st | League Cup Final Winner, Senegalese Cup Final Winner | Yes (1st in League)| CAF CL Preliminary Round | League Title, League Cup, Senegalese Cup |3. Place Super Cup |
2018-19 | Stella | Ivory Coast | 12th* | knocked out in 1. Round(AFAD Djékanou) | None | None | None |
2018-19 | Serbian White Eagles | Canada | 2nd (Final Stage Finalist) | No cups | None | None | None | Canadian Soccer League runner-up

* League unfinished 

CLUB STATS

Season  | Club  | Games | Won | Drawn | Loss | Goals For | Goals against | Club Goal Difference    | Best Player by Rating
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | ASC Génération Foot Dakar | 39 | 26 | 7 | 6 | 74 | 38 | +36 | Baba Kebe 7.28 (22 apps) MR/AMR
2018-19 | Stella | 5 | 0 | 1 | 4 | 3 | 7 | -4 | Adriel D´Avila Ba Loua 7.19 (4 apps) AMR / AML, ST 
2018-19 | Serbian White Eagles | 17 | 9 | 5 | 3 | 35 | 21 | +14 |  Stefan Racic 7.34 (17 apps) ST

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  | Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------
2017-18 | N/A  | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) | N/A (no team) |
2018-19 | China U23  | Asian Games Football Tournament 2018  | N/A(U23)  | None  | knocked out by North Korea (Quarterfinal) resigned after quarterfinal loss

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
2/25 Domestic Cups
0/9 Continental Club Trophies
0/1 Worldwide Club Trophies
0/7 Continental International Trophies
0/3 Worldwide International Trophies

TROPHY LIST

2018: Senegalese League Cup(ASC Génération Foot Dakar)
2018: Senegalese First Division(ASC Génération Foot Dakar)
2018: Senegalese Cup(ASC Génération Foot Dakar)

CONTINENTAL LEAGUES LIST 

1/3 Africa
0/3 Asia
0/3 Oceania
0/3 South America
0/3 North America
0/3 Europe

independiente.jpg

Season 2018/19 Review

End of Season Awards     End of Season Stats     End of Season Review

Opening Stage Table     Closing Stage Table     Overall Table

Opening Stage Results     Closing Stage Results     Copa Panama Results

Second season and second domestic double, but it started with a 4v1 thumping against Tauro. Thankfully that wasn't a sign of things to come and we were up and running with wins in the coming weeks. Several draws however prevented us from finishing top of the opening stage but we did qualify for the playoffs.  In the semi finals we saw off last season's champions Chorillo 3v0 on aggregate then in the final we took our revenge on Tauro by thumping them 4v0. The closing stage started the same way as the opening; a defeat to Tauro, but this time only 2v1. We picked up far more wins in the closing stage finishing top of the table. In the semi's we faced Tauro, and in an entertaining two legs we managed a 7v5 aggregate win. However we were beaten by an 85th minute goal in the final to Arabe Unido.

The cup draw was kind to us and therefore it was a reasonably comfortable run, however 2nd tier Atletico Veraguense almost pulled off a shock in the final.

I'm planning on staying on for another season as I have qualified for the North American Champions League

iBj1Utd.jpg     BQnZ4pA.jpg     T1ZoiDe.jpg     mMHUO33.jpg

Southern UTD

2023-24 Review

After a busy off season we were ready for the rest of the league. I suspected we had improved enough to be among the leaders this year. But would we be able to take on Auckland?
Yes and no, it turned out. We lost twice to them in the regular season 1-0. We still ended up on top of the table in the end, 1 point ahead of them. 

In the semi final of the playoffs we faced Canterbury utd, who posed a bigger obstacle than I would have liked, 2-2 in regular time where they scored the rqualizer in the 94th minute. Extra time went by without incident, so it was down to penalties. We took them better and went on to the finals where we would face Auckland (who else)
The game was a tense, open afair. We scored early, but they came back and made it 2-1 for them just before the break. The second half was a fight, which we won, scoring twice to win the match 3-2. 
The league was ours and I have completed my first set of continental leagues.

League results League table

Next

Next season will be all about the O-league. If I can retain the league, that would be great but I'll treat those matches as pre-season to the O-league

CLUB

Season  | Club        |Nation	| League pos.    | Cont. Achievements | Other Trophies won                       |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   |
2017-18	| Erakor GS   |Vanuata	|2nd(won playoff)| Q/F O-League	      |PVFA Cup,PVFA Shield, Melanesian supercup |		
2018-19 | Erakor GS   |Vanuata	|1st(won playoff)| S/F O-league	      |PVFA Shield				 | 
2019    | Nadrogo FC  |Fiji	|3th	         | N/A		      |None				         |  
2020	| Nadrogo FC  |Fiji	|1st	         | N/A		      |Fiji cup, inter district championship     |	
2021	| N. Semblian |Malaysia	|1st		 | N/A		      |Piala Malaysia	                         |  
2022-23	| Southern UTD|N.Zealand|8th		 | N/A		      |None					 |
2023-24 | Southern UTD|N.Zealand|1st		 | N/A		      |None					 |        

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team         | Tournament               | World ranking  | Trophies won |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------    |
2017	| N/A	       | N/A		          | N/A	           | N/A	  |
2018	| MontenegroU21| Euro U-21 Qual.(4th)     | N/A	           | No	          |
2019	| Congo	       | Chan Qual.(Qualified)    | 100	   	   | N/A	  |
2020	| Congo	       | Chan(out in GS)	  | 92		   | No		  |
2021	| Congo	       | WC Qual(4th in GS)	  | 120		   | N/A	  |
2022	| Congo	       | CHAN QF		  | 86		   | No		  |
2023	| N/A	       | N/A			  | N/A		   | N/A	  |
2024	| N/A	       |			  |		   |		  |	

TROPHIES WON

4/25 League Titles
2/25 Domestic Cups

Oceania national Leagues [Done]
ErakorGS/Vanuata/2018
NadrogoFC/Fiji/2020
SouthernUtd/N.Zealand/2024

Sorry if this is not really the place, but has anyone in here had any issues installing claassen's megapack in the past? I'm trying to use it on macOS but some of the files seem to make the game crash while it's loading. Frustrating as I'm really interested in starting a challenge like this using the pack. Thanks.

48 minutes ago, Ethan_X_02 said:

U have to remove some of the leagues from the folder as it is too much for the computer to handle. 

Thanks for the reply but that wasn't my issue, luckily i managed to fix it by reinstalling the game and it's files! Must have had an interfering file somewhere. Thanks anyway. :)

3 minutes ago, karax268 said:

Is it just me, or is it harder this edition to land National team jobs?
Since leaving Congo I've been applying practically non stop. So far I've been laughed away at all of them

I feel its tough to get the national jobs in Europe and South America. And also to combine club/international management.

The rejections aren't very informative either, I've found.

If there was just a line about why they are rejecting me, it would help.

"We think you're not experienced enough."

"We don't like that you'll combine club and NT duties."

etc.

I then could work on those categories.

2 hours ago, karax268 said:

The rejections aren't very informative either, I've found.

If there was just a line about why they are rejecting me, it would help.

"We think you're not experienced enough."

"We don't like that you'll combine club and NT duties."

etc.

I then could work on those categories.

Agree

Usually say something like..

You where not thought to be the best candidate for the job.

independiente.jpg

Season 2019/20 Review

Opening Stage Table     Opening Stage Results     Closing Stage Table     Closing Stage Results     Overall Table

Copa Panama Results     North American Champions League Results

Second season in Panama complete and it's another double, winning the closing stage of the league and the cup. We needed penalties though to win the closing stage final and thankfully we did win as the board were losing patience with me as a result of failing to win the opening stage. Unfortunately the Champions League did not go too well. We had a tough draw against Deportivo Atlas of Mexico and although we fought well we lost out 5v3 on aggregate. 

I'm going to move on now, hoping for a job in the USA or Mexico but not a lot going at the moment.

Ytk36cN.jpg  mfmq9Ag.jpg  cEVvTfX.jpg  

KTIdmtI.jpg

Season 2019/20(1st Half of Season)

After the short spell in Canada I took my time and had not many job offers, just one from a team in the first Division in Costa Rica. Btw I applied to the Puerto Rico national team job offer and I got the job 3 months before the Caribbean Cup 2020 started so it was a big test for me after only managing a U23-side. But after a few days I got offered a no-brainer offer from China to take Henan Jianye, just a grey-mouse as we would say in Germany with boring league positions in the last 2 years with the 11th and 13th place. The team had great likes like Borek Dockal or Javier Patino so it was just a challenge to put the great youth players into the first team. Our top target transfer was Anderson from Internacional for free and he improved the squad in midfield a lot. We started very well into the season and had some memorable victories like the first game away at Shanghai SIPG or the 3-2 victory at home against Peking Guoan. As 3rd placed we are much better than the minimum expectation of avoiding the relegation and stay in the middle of the league so we will see how far it will take us. In the Chinese FA Cup we have in the Fourth Round a big game against Shanghai SIPG and Hulk and Co. will take us to our limits. 

Henan Jianye

5a70a39fb805b_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-30um17_56_00.png.ea2180a62382c5ba17474e383c5dbb7a.png

Fixtures

5a70a3ec5894b_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-30um17_50_01.thumb.png.5a402a32530bd5fae7e4c5d4e0cb5ef0.png

Chinese Soccer League 2019/20(after 14 games)

5a70a89dda6bc_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-30um17_50_25.thumb.png.9856772323e806b97a56b5bf4c14cb30.png

Puerto Rico 2019/20

5a70afcbb7373_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-30um18_47_59.png.bda6b9bf240f575dd282a5c691be2d85.png

Fixtures

5a70b0182cded_Bildschirmfoto2018-01-30um17_51_05.thumb.png.9dbe1841a19f42420336a59d52dbc812.png

We had in 2019 a friendly against Martinique where we got a 1-1 draw at their side but the Caribbean Cup went more as bad. We managed to get into the 2nd Round but we lost both games and we were out as 3rd placed so it was just a short journey in Puerto Rico and North America is still a  disappointment in my Vita after the year in Canada and now here. One day after the game against Bermuda I resigned as the national team manager to concentrate to Henan.

CLUB

Season  | Club  | Nation | League pos. | Cup pos. | Continental qual. | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes            |
2017-18 | ASC Génération Foot Dakar | Senegal | 1st | League Cup Final Winner, Senegalese Cup Final Winner | Yes (1st in League)| CAF CL Preliminary Round | League Title, League Cup, Senegalese Cup |3. Place Super Cup |
2018-19 | Stella | Ivory Coast | 12th* | lost in 1. Round | None |resigned after 6 Games |
2018-19 | Serbian White Eagles | Canada | 2nd (Play-offs Finalist) | No available cup | None | None | 
2019-20 | Henan Jianye | China | 3th* | Chinese FA Cup Fourth Round* | None | None | 

* League unfinished 
* Cup unfinished

CLUB STATS

Season  | Club  | Games | Won | Drawn | Loss | Goals For | Goals against | Club Goal Difference    | Best Player by Rating
2017-18 | ASC Génération Foot Dakar | 39 | 26 | 7 | 6 | 74 | 38 | +36 | Baba Kebe 7.28 (22 apps) MR/AMR
2018-19 | Stella | 5 | 0 | 1 | 4 | 3 | 7 | -4 | Adriel D´Avila Ba Loua 7.19 (4 apps) AMR / AML, ST 
2018-19 | Serbian White Eagles | 17 | 9 | 5 | 3 | 35 | 21 | +14 |  Stefan Racic 7.34 (17 apps) ST
2019-20 | Henan Jianye* | China | 14 | 9 | 1 | 4 | 30 | 21 | +9 |  Javier Patino 7.81 (14 apps) ST / AMC 

* unfinished season

INTERNATIONAL

2018-19 | China U23  | Asian Games Football Tournament 2018  | N/A(U23)  | None  | knocked out by North Korea (Quarterfinal) resigned after quarterfinal loss
2019-20 | Puerto Rico | Caribbean Cup 2020(knocked out in 2nd Round as 3rd placed) , (lost in World Cup qualifier before I took charge) | 129th |  resigned after Caribbean Cup 2020

INTERNATIONAL STATS

Season  | Team  | Games | Won | Drawn | Loss | Goals For | Goals against |  Goal Difference    | Best World Ranking
2018-19 | China U23 | 7 | 6 | 0 | 1 | 18 | 5 | +13 | N/A as U23
2019-20 | Puerto Rico | 5 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 6 | 8 | -2 | 129th

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
2/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

CONTINENTAL LEAGUES LIST 

1/3 Africa
0/3 Asia
0/3 Oceania
0/3 South America
0/3 North America
0/3 Europe

My ideas of managing in the US or Mexico were that of fantasy, applied for several jobs and got rejected so I'm not quite good enough for them. Therefore applied for other jobs going and my next stop is:

0b46c41a82a711a0c1916d7d21bb37b5.png   YBSfRww.jpg

A 2,400km journey to Guyana to take on Mahaica Determinators. The league consists of 12 teams playing each other twice. There are also two cup competitions which count towards the challenge, Guyana Mayors Cup and Kashif & Shangai Knockout Tournament.

Southern UTD
Season review 2024-25

The the 2024-25 season was all about the O-League. and the regular season was more of a pre season. This didn't mean I wasn't going for the domestic throphies. Just not all-inn.
First game was the Charity shield against Auckland. It was a tight game, but they won it deservedly 2-1.

Our league form was eratic as expected. We never were in danger off falling out of the playoff spots, though. In the end we finished second, three points behind Auckland. We stepped up our game in the Semi final. Unfortunately, so did the oposition. 2-2 after regular time, it took a late winner by them to knock us out.

Oh well. Time to focus on the real price. The O-league. 

We breezed through the tournament easily. In the final we faced Auckland.
at home we won 1-0. away they won 1-0. in extra time we both scored once, meaning we won on away goals!

Results Table

Next

After collecting all the needed club throphies of Oceania I resigned my position with Southern and went looking for  new job.
It took some time, but I found a new challenge in Songon FC, Ivory coast. 

CLUB

Season  | Club        |Nation	| League pos.    | Cont. Achievements | Other Trophies won                       |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   |
2017-18	| Erakor GS   |Vanuata	|2nd(won playoff)| Q/F O-League	      |PVFA Cup,PVFA Shield, Melanesian supercup |		
2018-19 | Erakor GS   |Vanuata	|1st(won playoff)| S/F O-league	      |PVFA Shield				 | 
2019    | Nadrogo FC  |Fiji	|3th	         | N/A		      |None				         |  
2020	| Nadrogo FC  |Fiji	|1st	         | N/A		      |Fiji cup, inter district championship     |	
2021	| N. Semblian |Malaysia	|1st		 | N/A		      |Piala Malaysia	                         |  
2022-23	| Southern UTD|N.Zealand|8th		 | N/A		      |None					 |
2023-24 | Southern UTD|N.Zealand|1st		 | N/A		      |None					 |     
2024-25 | Southern UTD|M.Zealand|2nd(out in SF)  | O-League winners   |none   

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team         | Tournament               | World ranking  | Trophies won |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------    |
2017	| N/A	       | N/A		          | N/A	           | N/A	  |
2018	| MontenegroU21| Euro U-21 Qual.(4th)     | N/A	           | No	          |
2019	| Congo	       | Chan Qual.(Qualified)    | 100	   	   | N/A	  |
2020	| Congo	       | Chan(out in GS)	  | 92		   | No		  |
2021	| Congo	       | WC Qual(4th in GS)	  | 120		   | N/A	  |
2022	| Congo	       | CHAN QF		  | 86		   | No		  |
2023	| N/A	       | N/A			  | N/A		   | N/A	  |
2024	| N/A	       | N/A			  | N/A		   | N/A	  |
2025    |	

TROPHIES WON

4/25 League Titles
2/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies

Season 2019/20(2nd Half of Season)

The team had a strong mentality and we had a big run in in the league and the cup too. After a boring 0-0 draw at home in the semi finals of the Chinese FA Cup I knew it would be tricky and we lost in the second leg awful with 1-3 against Ciro Ferrara's side Peking Guoan. It was much better than the minimum expectation to get into the 4th Round so we can look back to great results against Shanghai SIPG or Dalian Transcendence. The last 5 games in the league were also tricky because my main goalkeeper(who is only 17 but a good intake from last year) got injured for 3 months and my star from Cameroon Bassogog had some international games so we didn't qualify for the Asian Champions League but we had a great season with the 4th Place and Javier Patino scored unbelievable 37 league goals.So I signed a new one-year contract at Henan to try to become champions next year. 

Chinese FA Cup

5a72838e50829_Bildschirmfoto2018-02-01um04_02_18.thumb.png.d7cdcd724324ba8665b0d1ec59b7b93d.png

Ping An Chinese Super League 2019/20 Results

5a728a08e1df3_Bildschirmfoto2018-02-01um04_31_18.thumb.png.1faee21d39d7869bdba9f863750cfee0.png

Ping An Chinese Super League 2019/20 League table

5a728a42aa101_Bildschirmfoto2018-02-01um04_32_19.thumb.png.b6e01ff2e27d1ecb539e27288eeae8c1.png

CLUB

2018-19 | Stella | Ivory Coast | 12th* | lost in 1. Round | None |resigned after 6 Games |
2018-19 | Serbian White Eagles | Canada | 2nd (Play-offs Finalist) | No available cup | None | None | 
2019-20 | Henan Jianye | China | 4th | Chinese FA Cup Semi-Final | None | None | None | Chinese Manager of the year 2020

* League unfinished 
* Cup unfinished

CLUB STATS

2019-20 | Henan Jianye | China | 36 | 21 | 6 | 9 | 74 | 50 | +24 |  Javier Patino 7.73 (35 apps) ST / AMC 

INTERNATIONAL

2019-20 | Puerto Rico | Caribbean Cup 2020(knocked out in 2nd Round as 3rd placed) , (lost in World Cup qualifier before I took charge) | 129th |  resigned after Caribbean Cup 2020

INTERNATIONAL STATS

Season  | Team  | Games | Won | Drawn | Loss | Goals For | Goals against |  Goal Difference    | Best World Ranking
2018-19 | China U23 | 7 | 6 | 0 | 1 | 18 | 5 | +13 | N/A as U23
2019-20 | Puerto Rico | 5 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 6 | 8 | -2 | 129th

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles
2/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

CONTINENTAL LEAGUES LIST 

1/3 Africa
0/3 Asia
0/3 Oceania
0/3 South America
0/3 North America
0/3 Europe

0b46c41a82a711a0c1916d7d21bb37b5.png

Season 2020/21 Review

League Table     League Results     Guyana Mayors Cup Results     Kashif & Shanghai Knockout Tournament Results

The domestic double run continues, this time in Guyana with the league title and the Mayors Cup. The league season started well, with tough competition from Victoria Kings who were keeping pace with me. However as the mid-season transfer window approached I stretched the lead including a 2v1 win over Victoria Kings, and with a few strong signings in the transfer window was able to pull away and secure the title with a couple games remaining. The Mayors Cup took place during the mid-season transfer window, lower league Pele gave us the toughest game in the first round. Unfortunately, we weren't able to complete a treble as we were knocked out in the first round of the Kashif & Shanghai Knockout Tournament 3v1 by Monedderlust.

So I've now got the three CONCACAF leagues needed, I'm leaving Mahaica and going to try my luck with USA/Mexico again. If not then it's time to move continent to Asia.

j6UnpP4.jpg  iJ0cTrF.jpg  TaKVpRY.jpg   gf2tWwJ.jpg

Next stop:

78no4XG.jpg   images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBEC4dVDIHm6mWllp1-NN   

A 12,400km journey from Guyana to Uzbekistan to take on Lokomotiv Tashkent. The league season is half way through and Lokomotiv find themselves 3 points above the relegation zone, and have already been knocked out of the Uzbek Cup and Asian Champions League.

nigerian.jpg.29ec2a5668c2936332e48bd634344541.jpguzbek.jpg.9f138e6e881928a2b9e86ad408c87c00.jpg

So after my stint in Oceania I travelled West to Africa - I'd added 5 African Leagues (Algeria,Sth Africa, Mali, Ghana and Tunisia) and decided to start in Mali as a couple of positions became vacant. I originally applied for a promising position with Stade Malien - who were the current league champions, but were having a poor (by their standards) season and were lying in 5th with about a quarter of the season to play. I was unfortunately not deemed good enough for the position, and failed the interview process .... so I holidayed a few more weeks and applied for a position at  Debo Club who had no history of success but had been doing well this season - and their previous manager had been given the Stade Malien position that I'd previously been rejected for.

So I was successful with my application for Debo Club and joined on 10th October 2022 - We were top half when I joined and by end of the season we ended up in 8th place at the end of the season, with my predecessor rejuvenating Stade Malien who went on to win the league.

My first full season was Ok, I soon realised that a couple of clubs (Stade Malien, Onze Creatuers) where far ahead of us in resource and talent - and I had difficulty attracting players to Debo, even though I had the money to buy them and a decent wage budget.

I briefly flirted with top spot in the early stages, but faded away with a series of draws denting my prospects during the second half of the season. The league was won (fairly comfortably) by CO Bamako - who had only finished 5th the previous year, the position that we eventually finished in this season. However I did have success in the Malian Cup, thanks to a slice of good fortune in the Semi Finals. The 4 Semi Finalist were Us, CO Bamako, Bakaridjan (8th League) and US Bougouni (17th in League and had only won 1 League match up to this point) - we where drawn to play Bakaridjan - leaving CO Bamako an easy passage to the final via a tie with US Bougouni . As expected we beat Bakaridjan (3-2), but the real surprise came in the other Semi Final with US Bougouni beating CO Bamako 2-1 !! after Bamako had a man sent off on 45 minutes. This gave us a peach of a game for the final and we were never in any danger winning the final by a scoreline of 7-1 - So mark up my first Cup competition and entry into the African second tier Continental competition in 2024.

On the International front I managed 2 teams this season - applying for and getting the job with Uzbekistan in February, and after a successful start to their World Cup Asian Qualifying games I was 'head hunted' by Nigeria and took that position as they are currently 11th rated in the World, so should give me a good chance of winning the African Trophies and a very slight chance at the World Cup if I remain long enough with them.

Plans for 2024 is to remain with Debo Club at least to see how the season starts and the Continetal Cup starts, but I'm slightly hoping that Stade Malien sack their current Manager as they've had a poor season in the league and I think I'd have a better chance at a league victory with them  -  as Debo Club's finances aren't looking to good for the second season.

CLUB

Season	|Club			|Country			|League			|Continental Challenge	|Other
2017	|Ba			|Fiji				|-			|			|None	
2018	|Ba			|Fiji				|1st			|			|None
2019	|Koloale		|Solomon Islands	        |-			|Grp Stage		|None
2020	|Koloale		|Solomon Islands	        |1st			|Grp Stage		|None	
2020-21	|Hawkes Bay 		|New Zealand 			|1st			|None
2021-22 |Hawkes Bay 		|New Zealand 			|SF Play Off		|Won -O League
2022	|Debo Club		|Mali 				|8th
2023	|Debo Club		|Mali 				|5th	|None			|Won Malian Cup

INTERNATIONAL

2021	|New Zealand	- Won Oceania Cup
2023	|Uzbekistan 	- N/A
2023	|Nigeria 	- N/A

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
1/25 Domestic Cups - (Malian Cup 2023)
1/9 Continental Club Trophies (O-League)
1/7 Continental International Trophies (Oceania Cup)

I haven't played this save in ages, and I have basically no chance of completing the challenge, but I'm trying to get back into the save (I'm currently in the pre-season of 2023) and hopefully I'll get into the 2023-24 season shortly.

Well, it's not the job I was hoping for, but it's something.

After three years without a NT job I'm now taking over for the micronesian team as they prepare for the mini pacific games.
Hopefully this will lead to other, more prestegious jobs in the future

On 3.2.2018 at 15:21, oohlala111 said:

I haven't played this save in ages, and I have basically no chance of completing the challenge, but I'm trying to get back into the save (I'm currently in the pre-season of 2023) and hopefully I'll get into the 2023-24 season shortly.

Great to see you back. Its not only about completing but to see how far you can get, AND enjoy the journey along.

speaking of enjoyment. It might have been a mistake to move to Ivory coast. I can't get any staff signed and barely any players.

I did win the first cup though, so that's good.
further results have been more inconsistent.

All in all, it's more of a grind than other countries so far.

Manager.thumb.jpg.e511e4ff08b5966d5de54346889a6add.jpg

After Looking at the Job Market i applied for 3 Jobs 1 of them was Istiqlol

Season 2017

IstiqlolDushanbe_logo.gif.4ab4d9663de9d8917ee562fefeb0f298.gif

Istiqlol.thumb.jpg.bc7a2e3ef24b9931f2f0b721808238c7.jpg

Starting in Tadjikistan isnt bad at all! Istiqlol is a great team. Time when i got the Job they were top of the table and Won the group stage of the Asian Confederations Cup.

HIstory of the Club:

• Cup FFT x1
  • Tadjikistani Super Cup x4
  • Tajik Cup x6
  • Asian President Cup x1
  • Kahramonhoi Todzikiston x5

Competitions This Season.

• Kahramonhoi Todzikiston (League) Does count towards Trophie List - 8 Teams 24 Games Total
  • Tajik Cup (National Cup) Does Count towards Trophie List - 20 Teams, 5 Rounds Total
  • Cup FFT (Cup) Does Count Towards Trophie List - 12 Teams, 3 Groups of 4, Top 2 Qualify for Next Round
  • Tajikistani Super Cup (Super Cup) Does NOT Count Towards Trophie List
  • Asian Confederations Cup (Continental) Does NOT Count Towards Trophie List

CLUB

Season  | Club             | League pos. | Continental qual.        | Cont. Achievements  | Trophies won | Notes                        |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    |  Istiqlol        |             | Asian Confederations Cup |                     |              |                              |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
        |      |               |               |               |

TROPHIES WON

0/25 League Titles (0/3 OFC , 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups
0/1 World Club Trophies

TROPHY LIST

@Humbby welcome to the challenge:)

Asian confederations cup do not count unfortunately.

It only comes into play if you later experience a bug with another continental competition, but still it can be a handy trophy to win. 

4 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

@Humbby welcome to the challenge:)

Asian confederations cup do not count unfortunately.

It only comes into play if you later experience a bug with another continental competition, but still it can be a handy trophy to win. 

Ah okay i thought it counted for Continental Cups My bad

Decided to give this challenge a try. Starting as a 20-year old Mongolian manager, with his homeland and some other obscure leagues from different continents loaded at start.

First job: FC Ulaanbaatar

FC_Ulaanbaatar_Logo.png

A club from Mongolian capital, with 2nd predicted place in the league and ambitious board wanting league and cup trophies. Not the worst place to start the challenge, I think.

Season 2017

Khurkhree Lig - 9 of 10 teams (and all 10 from the second tier league) were playing on the same stadium, which made the schedule really hectic, especially closer to the end of season when the cup started as well. However, it didn't influence our performance, after not so impressive start we played the second part of season almost perfectly, except a very unlucky home loss against Khoromkhon, who were really the most difficult opponent for us here. But they weren't our title rivals, instead TPP-4 Erchim (the defending champions) were going equal with us on points till the last matchday and finished with better goal difference... but head-to-head results are counted first here, so we won the title!

rVGqmz6.png

Mongolian Cup - actually the first game was the toughest one. We started with an own goal from a defender's packpass after 20 seconds of play :D All other opponents, including Erchim, were simply thrashed. Two trophies during the first season, that's really a great start! And time to move from home...

Squad stats

Notable players:
Kim Myong-Won - insane striker for this league, his pace gave almost no chances for opposition, actually we needed only to provide him with through passes. Shame he's 34 already, but I'll keep an eye on him anyway for future teams, probably as a staff member. And what's interesting, he also was the best goalkeeper option in the team. 
Davaakhuu Aztai - the highest assessed local player, poached him from Goyo before the season, and he shortly became the key midfielder.
Amlagan Chinzorig and Batbayar Gombo-Ochir - left and right midfielders respectively in 4-1-3-2, both recorded the same goalscoring and assisting stats.

Also a very notable performance from the national team, with four our players took part in this win, and Chinzorig scored the decisive goal.

CLUB

Season  | Club              | Nation         | League | Cup      | Continental | Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | FC Ulaanbaatar    | Mongolia       | 1st    | Winners  | None        |

INTERNATIONAL

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (0/3 OFC, 1/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
1/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2017 - Mongolian Khurkhree Lig (FC Ulaanbaatar)
2017 - Mongolian Cup (FC Ulaanbaatar)

Bilderesultat for fiji football ba

Alright.. This is one serious challenge, but I've decided to give it a go. If I'll be in it to the very end or play a couple of seasons I really dont know, but playing the game this way takes you on a fun journey with new leagues that I've never played before, so thats fun! 

I landed my first job in Fiji, having loaded most of the Oceanic leagues (+ Australia). Ba FC took me on as their manager at the end of the season with only a couple of cup games left to play. The clubs nickname is "Men in Black", so easy decision to take the job! Ba was favorites for the title the year before, so it clearly was a talented side and it was all about building for next season. 

We ended up winning the 2018 season with a 2 points margin over rivals Suva. With only 14 games in the league it was all about hitting a good run of form and we did. Our form did take a drastic turn for the worse at the tail end of the season, but luckily we outplayed the opposition in our last game to clinch the title! 

In the Oceanic Champions League we were horrible, losing two and winning one in the group stage. 

An interesting start to the challenge. One question: For the rest of the people playing, have you generally stayed in the job that you have and applied for other positions, or resigned and tried to grab a new job in a new country straight away?

1.thumb.jpg.f1f7c9603cc01918cc7de069bce82e6c.jpg

CLUB

Season  | Club              | Nation         | League | Cup      | Continental | Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018    | Ba FC             | Fiji           | 1st    | None	 | None        |

INTERNATIONAL

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (1/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2018 - Fijian National Football League (Ba FC)

5 часов назад, thomas_e сказал:

One question: For the rest of the people playing, have you generally stayed in the job that you have and applied for other positions, or resigned and tried to grab a new job in a new country straight away?

For me second way worked better, at least with low reputation and low budget teams. They usually can't afford to pay compensation, so prefer to deal with unemployed. Though maybe it's no difference if you're on amateur contract.

IstiqlolDushanbe_logo.gif.04939359044fdc5b4e07511410f237ca.gif

First Season is over and a good season it was!

Even tho we had 5 different competitions to play for we only played in 3 because i wasn't interested in the other 2.

The League

We managed to win the league with 7 points difference, It could have been more but at the later stages of the league I wanted to focus on the other 2 since this was decided pretty early on

Our only other Rivals for the league title were Hosilot F. but even they weren't strong enough to prevent a 4 title streak in a row for Istiqlol

The National Cup

My first 2 games in management of this challenge were the home and away Leg of the Tajik Cup.

Where we scraped a 3-1 win against a lower division team Zarbdor, If luck wasn't on our side we would have lost it.

In the Quarter Final of the cup we managed to win 10-0 in 2 games to knock out Panjsher out of the cup.

The results in the Semi final weren't get less Crazy getting a 12-3 win against Regar in 2 games. 

The Final was against Hosilot sadly... ending in a 1-1 with both goals falling late 2nd half. Extra time also wasn't anything to write home about... Penalties It Is!

I have no Idea what happened with them but there penalty taking wasn't on point that day! Missing 3/3 Penalties and us scoring 3/3 to win the cup!

Asian Confederations Cup

Even tho this trophy doesn't count towards the challenge It's still fun to win It If you can, so we wen't for It!

Since we got appointed as manager in the middle of the season our first Continental game was against April 25 in the Confederations Cup Interzone Play Off Semi FInal.

Game was pretty flattered winning 5-1 in 2 Legs sending us to the Interzone play off final.

This time being against Mohun Bagan! an Indian team It Is.

It didn't go well for us getting smashed in the first leg 3-0 if our goal keeper wast a hero we could have lost 6-0... so something had to change.

Going Into the second leg I was panicking a bit, especially only being 1-0 up at half time. So I wen't to the 4-2-4 formation and just said we either get the goals we need or go out with style.

Aliev Got 1 goal 4 minutes Into the 2nd Half and It didn't stop there! he got the hattrick with 2 late goals and 1 of them being in the 94th minute! Vosiev managed to get a brace and set the final score on 5-0 making it 5-3 on aggregate and sending us the the final of the Asian Confederations Cup!

The Final against Al Zawra'a was pretty boring winning 1-0 against the Iraqian (if that's a word) Side.

Ergashev managed to score a decent goal and I was very happy about that because we won the Asian Confederations Cup!

20180217133156_1.thumb.jpg.198b84f2e3cac394d0df9bb190d14d00.jpg

20180217133139_1.thumb.jpg.1fb255bd2ef256c9fdb219a089b4c47d.jpg

The Manager

We managed to get 1 coaching badge while being at the club. Unfortunately they don't wan't to pay for another 1... maybe they are scared that i move to a bigger club?

That was the end of me being at Istiqlol... Goodbye, Maybe i'll come back someday :D 

CLUB

Season  | Club             |Nation            | League pos. |  Trophies won      |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    |  Istiqlol        |  Tajikistan      |     #1      |  League, ACC, Cup  |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Team | Tourn. qual   | World ranking | Trophies won  |
        |      |               |               |               |

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (0/3 OFC , 1/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
1/25 Domestic Cups
0/1 World Club Trophies
0/7 International Trophies

TROPHY LIST
2017 - Asian Confederations Cup
2017 - Tajik Cup
2017 - Kahramonhoi Todżikiston

5a89dd4db0e92_deboclub.jpg.0d9582a06b7558f85f89890158a42172.jpgnigerian.jpg.99dbf8ca911f8e70a5a32d218585143e.jpg

Into 2024 and as I hoped the Stade De Malien manager resigned ! - unfortunately I failed the interview so decided to stay with Debo Club at least until my African Conf. Cup exploits had finished.

I started slowly losing the Super Cup to CO Bamako and losing the first fixture of the league season to the same team .... I did however storm through the prelim round of the African Conf Cup with a 11-0 aggregate win over Royal Leopards of Swaziland. I eventually progressed through rounds 1,2 and the Group Stages and went out in the Quarter Finals to Vita Club of Congo, I actually won the 1st leg away in the Congo but collapsed to a 4-1 defeat in the home leg. By this time the season was approaching its climax and I still had a good chance of winning the league, lying 3 pts behind my arch rivals Stade de Malien with just 6 games to go, I just needed them to slip up on the run in - as having the best of our head to head record a tie on points would give me the championship. However it wasn't to be, they won all their last 6 games ,and we actually dropped a couple of points drawing 1 in the run in. So second in the league but with the prospect of African Champions League next season, I'm not sure though if I'll stay as I'm not convinced of the strength of the Malien League and don't think I've much chance in the Champions League, and the season is such a slog, especially as Stade de Malien are again looking strong for the coming season

On the international scene I had better success with Nigeria finishing the season unbeaten and winning the CHAN in the process, I didn't offer out much hope of victory when I realised that only domestic players were allowed to play in the competition, which meant me fielding an extremely, young squad with mostly 2 stars in the coaching reports - however it must have been same for all the other nations and after defeating Congo,Rwanda and Mali in my Group I defeated Algeria(3-2) in the Quarters, Cameroon(3-1) in the Semis and Ghana (1-0) in the final.

My success continued in the later end of the year with success in the Qualifying Group of the African Nations and Won 1, Drawn 1 (with 9 men) in my first 2 World Cup Qualifiers.

I'll stay with Nigeria at least until the African Nations is completed, then see what other international teams come knocking - I've already turned down Belgium's manager position, as the current Golden Generation of Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukakau etc are now in their mid 30's and not in my opinion contenders for any of the big International tournaments, interestingly England won the 2024 European Championships under the guidance of Sean Dyche.

CLUB

Season	|Club			|Country			|League			|Continental Challenge	|Other
2017	|Ba			|Fiji				|-			|			|None	
2018	|Ba			|Fiji				|1st			|			|None
2019	|Koloale		|Solomon Islands	        |-			|Grp Stage		|None
2020	|Koloale		|Solomon Islands	        |1st			|Grp Stage		|None	
2020-21	|Hawkes Bay 		|New Zealand 			|1st			|None
2021-22 |Hawkes Bay 		|New Zealand 			|SF Play Off		|Won -O League
2022	|Debo Club		|Mali 				|8th
2023	|Debo Club		|Mali 				|5th			|None			|Won Malian Cup
2023	|Debo Club		|Mali 				|2nd			|Lost Quarters	|

INTERNATIONAL

2023	|Uzbekistan 	- N/A
2023	|Nigeria 	- N/A
2024	|Nigeria 	-  Won CHAN

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
2/7 Continental International Trophies (Oceania Cup 2021 (NZ), CHAN 2024 (Nigeria))

Season 2018 - Hosilot Farkhor 

37269404s.png

The career continues in Tajikistan. FC Hosilot (means 'harvest' in Tajik) was founded in 1981, but never played at top tier before 2015. However, in 2016 the club finished as runner-up in both league and cup, so not a big surprise that its media prediction is 2nd place, only behind Istiqlol, who won all the local trophies since 2013.

TFF Cup - I joined the club before the second group stage, road to the final was quite easy but then Istiqlol gave us no chances, even playing with 10 men for the whole second half they managed to score twice. Would be very hard to beat them, I guess.

Tajikistan League - three matches against Istiqlol say everything about our progress during season. Heavy defeat in first game, then equal game with one opponents' long shot determined the result, and finally a win. That game was the only that Istiqlol couldn't win during this season, so the title was their long before the finish. Though I hope next season we'll be able to challenge them.

mEN1A9l.png

Tajikistan Cup - another duel with Istiqlol in the final, and that was epic. Regulation time ended with 1-1 draw, first extra time didn't change anything, and then... Istiqlol got a lead, we responded with two goals within a minute, but conceded third just in the next attack. 3-3 in injury time, and then Akkuffo scores his second goal! Some our supporters already started celebrations, but there was yet a minute to play. A cross to our box, referee whistles... penalty, second for Istiqlol in this game. Could only hope on our keeper Rizoev, and he saved! We won the cup in a simply incredible final!

Squad stats - all foreigners (except Akkuffo) were signed by me and really strengthened our squad. Though we couldn't have more than 5 foreigners on the pitch, so some of them mostly had to start from the bench, but still were useful.

Key players:
Giovanni Cristofari - started his career in Roma, played for several Serie С teams... and then moved to Tajikistan. Weird choice, but he really became our best player. Average rating above 8 says it all.
Shodibek Gafforov - our top goalscorer.
Gershon Kwasi Akkuffo - missed start of the season due to injury, but then obviously became a part of the starting front three. Scored the winning goal in the cup final.
Rustam Rizoev - our best, and actually only decent keeper. Anyway, that last second penalty save in the final made him one of the team's heroes.

CLUB

Season  | Club              | Nation         | League | Cup      | Continental | Notes
2017    | FC Ulaanbaatar    | Mongolia       | 1st    | Winners  | None        |
2018    | Hosilot F.        | Tajikistan     | 2nd    | Winners  | None        | TFF Cup runners-up

INTERNATIONAL

TROPHIES WON

1/25 League Titles (0/3 OFC, 1/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
2/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2018 - Tajikistan Cup (Hosilot F.)

Bilderesultat for waitakere utd

Waitakare United - 2019-2020 

I forgot to do an update of my 2018-2019 season, but it wasnt a memorable one anyway. I took over Melbourne Knights in the Victoria National Premier. Finished 4th in the table. Bad finances, bad players and bad squad dynamics really was the overall story, but it gave me some valuable experience. But one year was enough! 

I took over Waitakare United, the reigning title holders in the New Zealand Premiership. Still, Auckland City is by far the strongest side in the league, and the battle for the title as well as the Oceania Champions League was always going to be between us and them! 

In a really enjoyable season we managed to end up on the winning end of both the NZ Premiership and the OCL. 

We finished 2nd in the league, giving us a home game in the league semi-final against Southern. A solid 3-0 win put us in the final against favorites Auckland City. After a draw and a loss against them in the league, they were clear favorites, especially considering the game was played at their ground. A fantastic 3-0 win after a hat trick from our winger Sean Lovemore sealed the title, and with that my second league title in Oceania. 

We met Auckland City in the semi-final of the Oceania Champions League, both teams having won all of their games up until that point. We manged to scrape through to the final where we beat FC Gaitcha 6-1 over two games. 

A good experience in NZ, but having won the league and OCL there really isnt any reason to stay beyond this season. So what to do next? Will either move to one of the island countries to try and win a third league title, or move on to Asia, maybe trying to land a job in Australia. 

6.thumb.jpg.2b7ee3e3bbda2948385a9f7213ef8ee8.jpg7.thumb.jpg.fca9bee666093f077ed80b99347c5ab3.jpg8.thumb.jpg.eef73543e47762a6200403ab95f89ea6.jpg

9.thumb.jpg.ac83f16ab04ca433caabcd33d5a01e52.jpg10.thumb.jpg.893b7b274739379f9388dc55402162a4.jpg

CLUB

Season  | Club              | Nation         | League | Cup      | Continental | Notes
2018    | Ba FC             | Fiji           | 1st    | None	 | None        |
2019    | Melbourn Knghts   | Australia      | 4th    | None	 | None        |
2020    | Taitakare Utd     | New Zealand    | 1st    | None	 | Winners OCL |

INTERNATIONAL

TROPHIES WON

2/25 League Titles (2/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups
1/9 Continental Club Trophies (OCL)

TROPHY LIST

2020 - New Zealand Premier League (Waitakere Utd)
2020 - Oceania Champions League (Waitakere Utd)

Season 2019 - Hosilot Farkhor 

37269404s.png

Six our players took part in the AFC Nations Cup. Tajikistan national team qualified to the continental tournament for the first time ever and didn't surprise, finishing last in their group with the only point against India.

Superkubok - not a counted trophy for the challenge, but still nice to win it and overcome Istiqlol once again.

AFC Cup - our debut on the continental level was not so successful. Stricter foreigner rules and some injuries weakened our squad, and we couldn't qualify for the group stage.

TFF Cup - this time we faced Istiqlol in group stage and got another victory. Both advance to semi-finals and were expected to play each other again, but Istiqlol unexpectedly lost to Vakhsh, and we advanced only after a shootout. The final was a lot easier, and we collected another cup trophy.

Tajikistan League - after two draws in starting games we couldn't afford losing to Istiqlol, but failed twice. The last game didn't decide anything. Istiqlol though dropped points in two more games than last season, probably third year will be lucky for us.

JtzxgpQ.png

Tajikistan Cup - final was our worst game of the season. 

Squad stats

Ali al-Saadi - used as a right wing-back in our formation, he became one of the key players both in attacking and defensive moves.
Biassoum Coulibaly - key central defender, probably his injury before the cup final lead to that heavy defeat.

CLUB

Season  | Club              | Nation         | League | Cup      | Continental     | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | FC Ulaanbaatar    | Mongolia       | 1st    | Winners  | None            |
2018    | Hosilot F.        | Tajikistan     | 2nd    | Winners  | None            | TFF Cup runners-up
2019    | Hosilot F.        | Tajikistan     | 2nd    | Final    | AFC Cup playoff | TFF Cup & Superkubok winners

INTERNATIONAL

TROPHIES WON

3/25 Domestic Cups (2 nations)

TROPHY LIST

2019 - TFF Cup (Hosilot F.)

Bilderesultat for fc port moresby

FC Port Moresby - 2020-2021

After leaving Waitakare United in NZ, I went a step down in terms of quality, moving to Papa New Guinea to try and complete the Oceania part of the challenge. FC Port Moresby had fired their manager after not being able to win the title last season, and I got the job. The club basically didnt have any wage expenses at all, and I was given £6000 a week budget, massive for this league. I brough in 13-15 players and had a really strong team considering the awful standard of the league. 

We started the season by being knocked out of the O-League. We really should have progressed, but I won it with Waitakare last year, so it didn't really matter that much. 

The league was "easy", our team was by far the strongest one in the league, and we only experienced one loss over the course of the season, including the play off. We beat Hekari Utd 2-0 in the play off final. And that concludes my three league wins in Oceania. 

I have added Australia, Iran, Japan, China and South-Korea now. Lets hope I can grab a decent job there. I will try to stay at FC Port Moresby for a couple of months as I am undergoing my first coaching licence at the moment. 

12.thumb.jpg.ba85a7ee9061e0f71430de0494e06704.jpg11.thumb.jpg.7f547b1184358796cb24fc64aef4fd39.jpg

Season  | Club              | Nation             | League | Cup      | Continental | Notes
2018    | Ba FC             | Fiji               | 1st    | None	 | None        |
2019    | Melbourn Knghts   | Australia          | 4th    | None	 | None        |
2020    | Taitakare Utd     | New Zealand        | 1st    | None	 | Winners OCL |
2021    | FC Port Moresby   | Papa New Guineau   | 1st    |      	 | Group Stage |

INTERNATIONAL

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
0/25 Domestic Cups

TROPHY LIST

2021 - Papa New Guineau National National Soccer League (Papa New Guineau)

Season 2020 - Hosilot Farkhor 

37269404s.png

Superkubok - didn't pay much attention to this game, so fielded mostly bench players to keep the starters fresh. Still conceded only from a penalty.

FFT Cup - the final was rescheduled several times and took place when a big part of both squads were on international duty. Our experimental team was stronger.

AFC Cup - this time we qualified to the group, faced Istiqlol once again and lost the top place to them on goal difference.

Tajikistan League - 3-0 in first game, 0-3 in second and no other points dropped by both teams, so third game against Istiqlol was effectively the final. Akkuffo scored twice soon after half-time, we won the match and clinched the title few weeks later.

M6PwfRj.png

Tajikistan Cup - my last game in charge of Hosilot, and of course it was Istiqlol. This time everything was clear in first half, another trophy won before moving somewhere else. I have neighboring Uzbekistan and Iran leagues loaded now, so hope for some vacancies opening there, or other way will try another continent.

Squad stats

Tsoanelo Koetle - I would hardly suggest Lesotho as the place where you can find a good player, but this right-back suited our formation perfectly and really was the best player of the season.
Julmiro - made similar impact as Koetle on the opposite wing.

Season  | Club              | Nation         | League | Cup      | Continental     | Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2017    | FC Ulaanbaatar    | Mongolia       | 1st    | Winners  | None            |
2018    | Hosilot F.        | Tajikistan     | 2nd    | Winners  | None            | FFT Cup runners-up
2019    | Hosilot F.        | Tajikistan     | 2nd    | Final    | AFC Cup playoff | FFT Cup & Superkubok winners
2020    | Hosilot F.        | Tajikistan     | 1st    | Winners  | AFC Cup group   | FFT Cup winners

INTERNATIONAL

TROPHIES WON

2/25 League Titles (0/3 OFC, 2/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)

TROPHY LIST

2019 - FFT Cup (Hosilot F.)
2020 - Tajikistan League (Hosilot F.)

Bilderesultat for nagoya stolz football

Nagoya Stolz - 2022

After finishing the three league titles and Oceania Champions League, my next stop is in Japan, with Nihon-League 1 side Nagoya Stolz. I took over after around 20 games played, the team sitting in the lower half of the table. We were able to turn it around and finished 6th place, and I really needed to as well, as I for the first time in the challenge got to feel just how bad the squad dynamics can get. The players wanted me out from the start! But I managed to hang on, and we crowned the season with winning the Japanese League Cup, giving me my first domestic cup title on the challenge. 

I will stay with Nagoya for the next season. We've already signed a couple of quality players, and hopefully we can make a push for a top 4 spot, which would give us a place in the Asian Champions League. 

13.thumb.jpg.fa496eb935a13dc9c3cedbe9c32a2a87.jpg14.thumb.jpg.2c756112b50a3242921c871b23d32578.jpg

Season  | Club              | Nation             | League | Cup      | Continental | Notes
2018    | Ba FC             | Fiji               | 1st    | None     | None        |
2019    | Melbourn Knghts   | Australia          | 4th    | None     | None        |
2020    | Taitakare Utd     | New Zealand        | 1st    | None     | Winners OCL |
2021    | FC Port Moresby   | Papa New Guineau   | 1st    |          | Group Stage |
2022    | Nagoya Stolz      | Japan              | 6th    | Winners  | None        |

INTERNATIONAL

TROPHIES WON

3/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC, 0/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
1/25 Domestic Cups 

TROPHY LIST

2021 - Papa New Guineau National National Soccer League (Papa New Guineau)
2022 - Japanese League Cup

Season 2021 - Georgia U21

Georgia FA Logo

Applications to Uzbek and Iranian top tier teams were unsuccessful, but I had an offer from Georgia to manage their U21 national team.

Fixtures - at least that's fun. I didn't expect doing well in this group, but after 6 games we are still in contention of qualifying, only 3 points from the leading Dutch team (and we beat them on their ground after being 0-3 down!)

Uz-Dong-Joo Andijon 

Uz-Dong-Joo

Finally in July I had a successful interview with Uz-Dong-Joo. The club was founded in 2005 by joint Uzbek-Korean paint manufacturing company, currently plays in the 2nd tier but has a comfortable 11 points lead above second place with 13 games remaining, so it's a great chance to win promotion.

PFL 1 Liga - it was even easier than I predicted, we won every match except one (in which we had about 20 shots on goal) and finished the season with 26 points more than closest opponents.

hfIkACo.png

Squad stats

Sharaf Amponsah - I signed him soon after joining the club, and he immediately became our key defender.
Shoxrux Dostonov - our best striker, though I'm not sure if he can be as good on a higher level.
Xumoyun Abdualimov - best rated midfielder, he was really good on left wing.

CLUB

Season  | Club              | Nation          | League | Cup      | Continental     | Notes
2017    | FC Ulaanbaatar    | Mongolia        | 1st    | Winners  | None            |
2018    | Hosilot F.        | Tajikistan      | 2nd    | Winners  | None            | FFT Cup runners-up
2019    | Hosilot F.        | Tajikistan      | 2nd    | Final    | AFC Cup playoff | FFT Cup & Superkubok winners
2020    | Hosilot F.        | Tajikistan      | 1st    | Winners  | AFC Cup group   | FFT Cup winners
2021    | Uz-Dong-Joo       | Uzbekistan (D2) | 1st    | 2nd Rnd  | None            | Joined in July, promoted

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Nation            | Results
2021    | Georgia U21       | UEFA U21 qualifiers - 4th after 6 games

TROPHIES WON

2/25 League Titles (0/3 OFC, 2/3 AFC, 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)

TROPHY LIST

5a9c553927794_mcfcbadge.png.55969199b06dc9b75f8000eec17ef5df.pngnigerian.jpg.99dbf8ca911f8e70a5a32d218585143e.jpg

As I stated in my last update I decided to at least stay at Debo Club whilst I was participating in the African Champions League, I managed to negotiate the Preliminary Round beating Zanizibars  Taifa Ya Jang'ombe (4-0 on agg) - but was handed a tough draw in the 1st round proper being drawn against Ghanas Heart of Oak - I managed an impressive 4-4 draw away from home in the 1st leg but fell to a dismal 0-2 defeat in the Home Leg. My league season has also not started well with only a W3-D-3 L-3 record in my first 9 games of the season, so I resigned fro Debo Club and began looking for a new challenge.

I had left Australia as a solitary Asian League loaded and had already marked it to be removed when a promising vacancy game up in the form of Melbourne City FC, who had just sacked their manager after a relatively poor season in the A-League, but my limited knowledge of Aussie Soccer said to me that a marginal increase in form over the new season could see them getting winning the league (something they had already achieved twice in the previous 4 years). I know they have a connection with Man City in the premier league and they can use them as a source of quality loanees. So after resigning from Debo Club on 23/03/2025 I was appointed manager of Melbourne City FC on 30/05/2025.

They have an awfully long pre-season in Australia, and a complex number of squad limitations, but I somehow muddled my way through, getting a couple of decent loanees from Man City to sure up my Defence and Midfield I stormed the start of the season, and in truth never looked likely to get caught, winning the regular season league with 3 matches to spare. My only gripe with the season was the high number of injuries I sustained and also the fact that at some points my Internationals were called up for long stretches with the national squads. I also won the Play-Off finals securing victory in the final with a comfortable 2-0 victory over our local rivals Melbourne Victory.

I also found myself in the Asian Champions league much to my surprise, albeit we had to start in the Playoff Round were we beat Higishiosaka Rosa of Japan 2-1 in a single match qualifier for the Groups Stages. In the group stages I was paired with Huaxia Xingfu (China), Jeonbuek (KOR) and Chiangrai United (THA) - I ended the stage with 11pts and finished in second spot to qualify for the round of 16. I've not quite sussed these Continental Tournaments yet, as I base my Tactics on the odds I am to win the match, and how the opponent sets up - yet I was odds on favourite both times to beat Chiangrai United and could only manage a single point from those 2 matches, against the best team in the league Huaxia Xingfu I managed to get 4 pts from my two matches, and I beat Jeonbuek comfortable both times. I now face the Chinese giants Guangzhou in the round of 16 - I'm the only Aussie team to get to the round of 16 and it looks as though the strength in Asia resides in Chinese, Saudi, Qatar or Korea as they provide 13 of the last 16 teams. So if I find the quality of Guangzhou far to good then I may move on from Australia and look to see what other paths I can take to give me a better chance in the Champions Leagues.

International update

My exploits with Nigeria have again been very fruitful this season - we qualified and won the African Cup of Nations. In the finals we were drawn in a group of Ghana, South Africa and Madagascar where we won all 3 games and finished top of our group. In the second round we landed an easy tie with Cape Verde - which we made very hard work of squeezing a 1-0 victory. But from then on it was pretty plain sailing beating Cameroon 4-2 in the Quarters, Morocco 3-0 in the Semis and Guinea 2-0 in the final.

They really do have an excellent squad Nigeria and seem to be head and shoulders above the rest of the African nations in quality.

It wasn't however quite so good when we attempted a defence of the CHAN that we had won last time  - we were drawn in a group of South Africa, Morocco and Ethiopia and although we topped the group we did lose against Morocco 2-1 on the way to qualification for the Quarter Finals, were we met Angola. We quickly went 2-0 by half time and were dominating the game - then with 10 minutes left they pulled 1 back, and got another in the 89th minute to equalise ! Extra Time couldn't separate us and despite them missing their second penalty - we missed our 3rd and 5th to lose at the quarter final stage.

On the plus side we have qualified for the World Cup in the summer of 2026 (played in Canada) and we are one of the seeded nations which meant missing all the big teams in the first round group draw.

We have a group of Czech Republic, Uruguay and Jamaica. So my plan is to give it a bash to try and win the World Cup with Nigeria, and after the tournament I'll probably resign and look to manage another National club on another continent. Leaving any Confederations Cup exploits until later in my career

CLUB

Season	|Club				|Country			|League			|Continental Challenge		|Other
2017	|Ba				|Fiji				|-			|N/a				|None	
2018	|Ba				|Fiji				|1st			|N/A				|None
2019	|Koloale			|Solomon Islands	        |-			|Grp Stage			|None
2020	|Koloale			|Solomon Islands	        |1st			|Grp Stage			|None	
2020-21	|Hawkes Bay 			|New Zealand 			|1st			|N/A				|
2021-22 |Hawkes Bay 			|New Zealand 			|SF Play Off		|Won -O League			|
2022	|Debo Club			|Mali 				|8th			|				|
2023	|Debo Club			|Mali 				|5th			|None				|Won Malian Cup
2024	|Debo Club			|Mali 				|2nd			|N/A				|Lost Quarters African Conf Cup
2025	|Debo Club 			|Mali				|9th (9 Games)		|1st Round Afican Nations	|
	(Resigned 23/03/2025)

2025	|Melbourne City 		|Australia			|1st -Won Play Off	|				|Won Regular Season and Play Off
	(Joined 30/05/2025)

INTERNATIONAL

2023	|Uzbekistan 	- N/A
2023	|Nigeria 	- N/A
2024	|Nigeria 	- Won CHAN
2025	|Nigeria	- Won African Cup Nations

TROPHIES WON

4/25 League Titles (3/3 OFC (Fiji,Solomon Is, New Zealand), 1/3 AFC (Australia), 0/3 CAF, 0/3 CONCACAF, 0/3 CONMBEBOL, 0/3 UEFA, 0/7 Other)
3/7 Continental International Trophies (Oceania Cup 2021 (NZ), CHAN 2024 (Nigeria), African Cup Nations 2025 (Nigeria))

Season 2022 - Uz-Dong-Joo Andijon / Georgia U21

Uz-Dong-Joo

PFL (part 1, part 2) - good run after the summer break allowed us to finish 6th. Could be even higher, but considering we were predicted to be relegated, a great achievement anyway.

9p6jRXe.png

Uzbekistan Cup - wasn't our priority for this season, and being drawn against Paxtakor at early stage surely didn't help it.

Squad stats

Edwin Munoz - my first transfer after securing promotion. Played mostly as right-back, was good but not as good as I would expect from a foreigner (as Uzbek leagues has strict limit of only 3 foreigners in match squad and 4 overall in the team, they must be way better than local players).

Fathullo Boboev - know this guy well, he played for Istiqlol and caused many troubles to my Hosilot in previous seasons. Became our top goalscorer, but again could do better.

Yaxyo Ro'ziev and Ruslan Iskandarov - these players remained from last season squad and really made a step to a higher level.

Georgia FA Logo

Fixtures - once again we drew with Germany and made another epic comeback, from 1-4 against Ireland this time. But two losses didn't let us go higher than 4th. Resigned after the season finished, the next generation of Georgian newgens seems to be weaker and anyway U21 jobs don't count for this challenge.

EfS73i0.png

CLUB

Season  | Club              | Nation          | League | Cup       | Continental     | Notes
2017    | FC Ulaanbaatar    | Mongolia        | 1st    | Winners   | None            |
2018    | Hosilot F.        | Tajikistan      | 2nd    | Winners   | None            | FFT Cup runners-up
2019    | Hosilot F.        | Tajikistan      | 2nd    | Final     | AFC Cup playoff | FFT Cup & Superkubok winners
2020    | Hosilot F.        | Tajikistan      | 1st    | Winners   | AFC Cup group   | FFT Cup winners
2021    | Uz-Dong-Joo       | Uzbekistan (D2) | 1st    | 2nd Rnd   | None            | Joined in July, promoted
2022    | Uz-Dong-Joo       | Uzbekistan      | 6th    | 1/8 final | None            |

INTERNATIONAL

Season  | Nation            | Results
2021/22 | Georgia U21       | 4th in UEFA U21 qualifying group

TROPHIES WON

TROPHY LIST

Huge apology here for being away for such a long time. There is so much going on personally, I dont know where to begin. But most important, my current employer has banned all internet pages not related to work, so I can't comment from work anymore. I will try to be more active though, as things in personal life is settling a bit. Will update leaderboards relatively soon. (Maybe today, if I find time.)

Welcome to @Humbby, @Patze and @Koetzer (hope I didn't forget anyone.) Nice to see you taking part, and good luck with your progress.

@TheMadMonk you are really on the fly with International titles, that might give you an upper hand here compared to others (including my self.)

@markypark14 still doing your second attempt, or more intrigued in other challenges now? I will keep both your records in the Leaderboards until the second try is better than the first one.

As for my self I am so far ahead of my last update, I will just write a short resumé. 

The Earls FM18 Giant 70 Quest

As I mentioned, I am so far ahead of my last update, can't really remember where I left writing updates. But I guess it was after winning the Treble with Union Douala.

I left Union Douala for a job at Qatar SC. A nice league to play in Qatar. What to look out for is that foreigners that you can give quite a nice salary, can obtain a citizenship rather quickly. I wanted to sell my foreigners because of restrictions, but when I found out 3 of them would get a citizenship after the season, I decided to keep them so I could bring in additions for the next season. Managed to bring them up to 4th spot in the remainder of 2019/20 season. Then we won the league the following season and 2 cups. Qatar Crown Prince Cup doesn't count, but Emir of Qatar Cup does count. 

So in all 2 new trophies to my belt.

I then left for Ecuadorian side Independiente del Valle. This is where it gets tricky. Its 2 stages in the season, with no finale between the stage winners. So it counts to win one of the stages. However the game doesn't count it as a title. I won the second Phase both the league and the playoff against Liga de Quito, but the game recognizes Liga de Quito as winners. I will rank this as a league win, but will try to win another title to replace it later in the game.

1 new trophy.

I left then for Ipswich Town in Sky Bet League 1. One of my mistakes, and the first real mistake of this savegame. I did mange to promote Ipswich to Sky Bet Championship via playoffs in my half season, but it was a miserable team. So I left with very much undone at Ipswich.

0 new trophies.

Cruz Azul in Mexican First Division was a much better choice. Winning the Opening Stage here does count as a win, and so does the game, phewww.

1 new trophy

That was when Everton approached me. I could never turn this down. Initially I thought it would be a 2,5 season run to first save them from relegation, the Qualify for Europa League and run for that. We did much better. Saving Everton from relegation in 8 matches was no problem with 5 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses. Then we went on for a majestic Treble in my first (and only) full season. Winning Premier League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup.

3 new trophies.

So I decided there was not room for winning Champions League with an Everton squad. I moved to RB Leipzig. Maybe not the best move, but I was happy to get a foothold in Germany. Finished second behind Dortmund, but was disappointed to get knocked out early from DFB Pokal.

0 new trophies.

Then Bayern hired the Dortmund manager, and I became manager of Dortmund. Managed to retain the title, but again lost early in DFB Pokal. Also lost on away goals in the semi final of Champions League.

1 new trophy.

Now I could almost choose any club I wanted after winning Premier League and Bundesliga in 3 seasons. Barcelona became available and I managed to win Copa del Rey in my first season. Real was outstanding in the league so 96 points was not enough as Real secured 99 points. Lost again in semi final of CL after a dreadful 1-6 loss away to Paris SG. 2-0 at home was not enough.

1 new trophy

So what about international management. I have been manager of Saudi Arabia, that was a real miss. Then I was manager of Algerie, took them to World Cup and lost in 1st KO round. Then took them to African Nations. Lost in the Semi Final and finished 3rd. That was really as good as they where. I am not the best International manager unfortunately. I tried to take over Ivory Coast. But a bug when I wanted to qualify them for CHAN meant I didn't have enough players to even field a team. (I had the Ivorian league loaded at the time, but was not allowed to select even homebased players.) So I left that job quickly. Stay without a national team for a while, but currently managing France and looking for a place in EURO 2028.

Trophy overview

7 league wins (Senegal, Cameroon, Qatar, Ecuador, Mexico, England, Germany)

7 cups wins (5 different nations) (League Cup Senegal, FA Cup Senegal, FA Cup Cameroon, Emir Cup Qatar, Carabao Cup England, FA Cup England, Copa del Rey Spain)

1 continental win (Africa with Union Douala)

More stats will follow on my next update.

Forgot to mention @thomas_e welcome as well, and a really nice start.

Leaderboards are updated to some extent.

Hope to see someone break into 20 trophies on this version, not to mention if someone could reach even further...

On 6.3.2018 at 16:56, markypark14 said:

@TheEarl I'm currently engrossed in lionel messi's challenge at the moment. I may come back to this at some point but not sure right now.

Its a coil challenge as well. But if you started 20 years old with no badges or previous experience, you could perfectly well use that game for this challenge also ;)

37 minutes ago, TheEarl said:

Its a coil challenge as well. But if you started 20 years old with no badges or previous experience, you could perfectly well use that game for this challenge also ;)

You are correct. In that case I shall update my progress in this thread once I come to the end of my current season. Can you remove my second attempt from the leaderboard - this new update can be my second attempt.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 13:18, TheEarl said:

Forgot to mention @thomas_e welcome as well, and a really nice start.

Leaderboards are updated to some extent.

Hope to see someone break into 20 trophies on this version, not to mention if someone could reach even further...

I'm up to 41 trophies on my challenge but don't know if it would count on your challenge or not?

5 hours ago, markypark14 said:

You are correct. In that case I shall update my progress in this thread once I come to the end of my current season. Can you remove my second attempt from the leaderboard - this new update can be my second attempt.

Sure, no problem

4 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I'm up to 41 trophies on my challenge but don't know if it would count on your challenge or not?

It will, but probably not all of the 41. Will check it properly as soon as I have time ;)

Archived