Stadium expanded with a negative amount of capacity

Presume this is a bug, and have made a save of the game at the date it's happened but just had this happen:

9a832d801ef58b5124055b4a7d57ab38.png

To my understanding, the club has increased the capacity to 12,500 as per premier league rules. However, it seems to be only defaulting back then to the capacity the ground is limited to under normal circumstances. Partially wondering if I'm going to be caught in a loop of the club constantly spending money each year to try and fix this only to never fix it and be stuck essentially waiting until 2042 for it to be able to be resolved.

I got similar problem. Had 5000 capacity with 1000 seats, Thay said they will add 2000 seats for 1 million, but when expanding finished i got 3000 capacity with 2990 seats LOL. The next year they had to expand again because of minimum 5000 capacity policy LOL

I haven't bought FM18 yet purely because l was absolutely incensed that the horrid stadium expansion bug, which required purchase of the IGE to fix, remained in FM17 despite many bug reports pointing it out during FM16. This bug only reveals itself a few seasons in, so even trying the demo would be pointless, so l was waiting for feedback like this before l decided whether to purchase or not. Having read this l shan't bother.

I honestly can't believe SI have released a game for three years running with what is a genuinely "game breaking" bug. There's no excuse for this imo.

8 hours ago, Danchinaski said:

I haven't bought FM18 yet purely because l was absolutely incensed that the horrid stadium expansion bug, which required purchase of the IGE to fix, remained in FM17 despite many bug reports pointing it out during FM16. This bug only reveals itself a few seasons in, so even trying the demo would be pointless, so l was waiting for feedback like this before l decided whether to purchase or not. Having read this l shan't bother.

I honestly can't believe SI have released a game for three years running with what is a genuinely "game breaking" bug. There's no excuse for this imo.

I can’t believe this bug is still in the game. Like you said, I had this happen in FM16 and 17

4 minutes ago, GuitarMan said:

Have you reported this in the bugs forum on those versions? 

It was most definitely reported. Not sure why you'd ask this unless you're suggesting it's somehow the punter's responsibility that the game he bought is fundamentally broken. It's my opinion now that simply not buying the game is probably more effective.

2 minutes ago, Danchinaski said:

It was most definitely reported. Not sure why you'd ask this unless you're suggesting it's somehow the punter's responsibility that the game he bought is fundamentally broken. It's my opinion now that simply not buying the game is probably more effective.

I was asking as I have never come across this bug (therefore many other people may not have) it may be something that having more examples of could help find the route cause to fix. Any bug that makes the game “fundamentally broken” in your experience is always worth reporting to ensure it can be fixed. 

1 hour ago, jamessmith010101 said:

what stadium expansion bug ?

Example:

Board say they'll upgrade your 1800 capacity stadium by 200 seats. Come expansion date you're left with a 200 capacity all seater stadium, which has a serious knock on effect of the club it occurs to.

The only way to remedy this is to purchase the IGE and amend each stadium when upgraded. If you run a worldwide journeyman save as l tend to, this is very painstaking and pretty impossible to keep track of.

11 minutes ago, GuitarMan said:

I was asking as I have never come across this bug (therefore many other people may not have) it may be something that having more examples of could help find the route cause to fix. Any bug that makes the game “fundamentally broken” in your experience is always worth reporting to ensure it can be fixed. 

IIRC there was was a very long FM15 bug thread related for forced standing to seating conversions that resulted in capacity reduction.

2 hours ago, GuitarMan said:

You actually asked about bug reports for previous versions. It's now absolutely irrelevant as to who exactly made which bug reports on which previous versions, so it's therefore an utterly pointless question to ask whether or not an individual reported a bug which has been reported over several versions and still hasn't been fixed.  

While I've got a game save prepped and will log a bug on Friday when I get chance, in the more immediate short term I'm hoping to find a work-around.

On an FMT network game, is there any such solution? As far as I'm aware, there isn't an FMT editor and the options from the store to buy a new stadium are not enabled in FMT?

4 minutes ago, santy001 said:

While I've got a game save prepped and will log a bug on Friday when I get chance, in the more immediate short term I'm hoping to find a work-around.

On an FMT network game, is there any such solution? As far as I'm aware, there isn't an FMT editor and the options from the store to buy a new stadium are not enabled in FMT?

Dario Gradi takes his revenge I see.

A little update on this. After having saved up on Monday and come back to the game tonight, the capacity in club information was actually up to 12,500 (with 9640 in normal matches) so I'm not quite sure how I'd log this now. The news item was clearly off, but at the time in the game the club information screen also showed the 9860 capacity but functionally its actually working so I'm unsure if its just a news item bug and a UI bug or if there was something else to it as well.

Archived