Bliss' he's bored at work Xmas guessing game!

Bliss Seeker

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Ackter said:

I believe toon may be trying to cheat.

well if @toon_84 hasn't learnt that his chosen approach won't get him points, then he obviously isn't serious about winning this.  Can't believe he's not interested in my least favourite Xmas present, I have it on good authority that it might be a pair of Kashmir socks! 

27 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Fine! On we go! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION 7

The Bliss Seeker family is a cosmopolitan one. On Xmas day in 2015, we had 6 different nationalities around our Xmas table. 

10 points for each correctly guessed nationality.

And a bonus 20 points if you can guess the one dual national in the high chair! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU HAVE 1 HOUR - THIS ROUND WILL END AT 4:10pm TODAY!!

English,

Indian,

Scottish

Canadian

French

Dutch

Dual nationality is: English/French

41 minutes ago, Bliss Seeker said:

well if @toon_84 hasn't learnt that his chosen approach won't get him points, then he obviously isn't serious about winning this.  Can't believe he's not interested in my least favourite Xmas present, I have it on good authority that it might be a pair of Kashmir socks! 

Hang on a minute. It says 10 points for each correct guess.

There are 6 right answers in there somewhere.

Scores on the floors!  after Round 7

Colour me impressed! 

So in 2015 at the Bliss Seeker household we had the following nationalities around for Xmas dinner;

British/English

Lithuanian

Polish

Indian

American

Australian

and on the high chair was a British/American

I found out that day that Lithuanians and Polish don't share a common Baltic language and can't communicate with each other.  Serves me right for thinking they all look the same.. 

Kubi only guessed 5 nationalities but somehow still managed to top score with 60 having picked up the bonus points. Well done him, even though that is a little scary...

Rob and Nooney also are a credit to their families, with a lovely high score of 50. 

Everyone else pretty much scored something that round.  Special deductions though for Toon for his flippant scattergunning, and Gechal, for putting down African as a nationality.   

...THE ALL IMPORTANT LEADERBOARD AFTER 7 ROUNDS:

Dude Round Answers Round Score Total
lilsaint English, Indian. Pakistani, Polish, Lithuanian, Malaysian, Indian/English 40 220
Confused Clarity English, Indian, Scottish, Canadian, French, Dutch, English/French 20 167
Barside English, Scottish, French, Kiwi, Nigerian & English/Jamaican for the dual nationality. 10 158
Wigmore British, Lithuainian, Indian, Pakistani, Polish,  British/Iranian in the high chair. 40 158
Rob1981 British, American, Italian, French, Brazilian, Polish, GB / USA 50 138
Kubi English, Indian, Polish, Pakistani, Australian, and Dual nation is English/USA 60 123
Readingfm English, Lithuanian, Polish, Spanish, Mexican, Scottish,English/Polish 30 122
Toon All of them 1 109
Sons English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, American, French.- English/American 40 109
Hemhat English, Australian, Dutch, Scottish,  Slovakian, Italian 20 106
Actker Polish, Lithuanian, Indian, English, Japanese, Scottish, English/Polish 40 104
SCR English, Lithuanian, Polish, French, Irish, Scottish, English/Polish 30 100
Black and Yellow     98
gecgal English, Irish, Polish, Jamaican, African, Scottish  19 83
Barry  English, Scottish, Irish, Polish, German, Dutch, English/Scottish  20 81
Rudagar Indian, English, Polish, Irish, Australian, Scottish, Indian/English 40 73
spill blood     70
MonkeyWool British, Indian, Canadian, French Spanish, Irish, British/Canadian 20 69
Nooney British, Irish, American, polish, Lithuanian, Australia. Dual nationality - Irish/American. 50 64
Ham Indian, British, Lithuanian, Irish , Italian, Sri Lankan 30 63
Superowl     50
Gazza  Libyan, Yemeni, Algerian,Somalian,Iraqi 0 33
Gizzy     21
Gylfiascharged nglish, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Polish, Dutch, English/Dutch 20 21
Adytaylor     10
Bdcuk Chinese, Syrian, Georgian, Nepalese, Bhutanese, Fijian , Laotian/ Comorian 0 10
okesypvc     1
Harryarse     0
Nick Giff     0
Scot     0

Just now, Harryseaess said:

So annoyed that I've actually got to do work and haven't participated in this quiz much, I'll be hoping to get involved more tomorrow!

You've got all month, no worries! Only 220 points behind. 

32 minutes ago, LilSaint said:

Im like the man city of this, proper steamrolling :cool:

You've played really well this season and should be congratulated, but anything can happen and you've not been doing that well in recent rounds so I'm hoping you drop some points so we can catch up 😁😁

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION 8

You'd have noticed it's a little nippily out there at this time of year.  On Saturday I went to Matalan to buy some winter attire having realised my current wardrobe was a little dated and wasn't keeping me warm enough. 

At Matalan I bought some thermal socks, a belt, some jumpers and another item of clothing which I've never owned before.  What is it?

50 points on offer! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU HAVE 1 HOUR - THIS ROUND WILL END AT 11am TODAY!!

Archived