Bliss' he's bored at work Xmas guessing game!

Bliss Seeker

I've got my Xmas holiday hat on early this year and plan do as little work as possible for the next 2 weeks without getting the sack.  I've never run a quiz before, thought i'd make one up! 

Rules are simple, I'll ask a question and you have one hour to guess the answer. 

Now the game is purposely obscure.  I plan to run this game throughout the December xmas period and the winner will be sent my least favourite Xmas present. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION 1: 

I am currently drinking coffee out of a mug.  The coffee has gone cold as I made sure it accompanied me throughout my Monday morning bore-fest that is our weekly team meeting (women be talking, right!?). 

Q:  There are 4 things printed on my mug:  1 animal, 2 objects and someone's name.  Can you guess all 4? 

10 points for each correct answer. 

If the answer hasn't been guessed by then, I will reveal a clue after 30 minutes. 

Points will also be awarded for closest guesses.  

You may enter as many times as you like (that's what she said!). 

Answers in the thread. Do not PM me! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early bird clue: 

The mug was a leaving gift from an middle aged Jamaican woman from my last work place! 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

COME BE MARAUDING, IT BE YOUR 10 MINUTE WARNING

Round 1 will end at 1:25pm today! 

It's looks like this round isn't going to be completely pointless. Some tenuous links, which I shall be rewarding! 

Just now, ham_aka_stam said:

Issue points but don't say what specifically for.  This has legs.

:D  that'll be confusing.  Maybe for the later rounds. 

It's ok, this is going to happen 24 hours a day for 21 days.  We've got plenty of time :)

2 minutes ago, LilSaint said:

Replacing my earlier Shaqueesha guess with Paul Simon then

Tut tut tut, you just lost your points! 

END OF ROUND 1

Please bear is with me, as I tally up the entries and scores! 

Scores on the floors! 

Well well well that was an EXCITING first round of Bliss' hes bored at work Xmas guessing game.  Thanks everyone for playing. 

The mug in Question: 

The 100% correct answers therefore were:

1) A mouse

2) A hat

3) A (baseball) bat

4) Shavon

Congratulations to Ackter and Lilsaint who I have awarded 5 points each, for mentioning Trees.  Which Baseball bats are made from.  

Lilsaint would have got another 5 points for Shaqueesha (because it starts with Sh, but he ruined that by changing his answer. 

THE ALL IMPORTANT LEADERBOARD AFTER 1 ROUND: 

Dude       Points
Actker 5
lilsaint 5
Sons 0
Confused Clarity 0
Ham 0

20171204_121227.jpg

20171204_121237.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION 2

I am about to head out for a meeting somewhere in London.  In which area is my meeting?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 points up for grabs for the exact place, with points being awarded for the closest answers.

Answers in the thread. 

Round will end at 3pm (I will probably be in my meeting around then, so please self moderate if need be) 

Archived