Real life league fixtures - has this feature been removed?

Hi guys, just a quick question. In previous versions of FM I could start a season and the real life league fixture list would be in my game. I have tried starting a game on this FM with Manchester United, but their league fixtures are not the same as in real life.

I did not tick the box "Do not use real fixtures" in the settings page. Has this feature been removed? Or am I doing something wrong?

14 minutes ago, Bry said:

Fixture lists are copyrighted? Football's lost the plot. :idiot:

Everything is copyrighted in modern sports.

Just look at the cases currently going on in the NBA. EA license the likenesses of players but after putting them in the game there have been multiple tattoo artists coming forward to claim copyright infringement because while EA have purchased the rights to use a players likeness the tattoos are a separate entity on which the artist has copyright and so EA would have to purchase the rights to use the tattoos for a player from whichever artist did them.

1 hour ago, mack4ever said:

Everything is copyrighted in modern sports.

Just look at the cases currently going on in the NBA. EA license the likenesses of players but after putting them in the game there have been multiple tattoo artists coming forward to claim copyright infringement because while EA have purchased the rights to use a players likeness the tattoos are a separate entity on which the artist has copyright and so EA would have to purchase the rights to use the tattoos for a player from whichever artist did them.

Yeah, I do get that. (Didn't know about the tattoo thing though. Interesting!) But being able to copyright the chronology of events just.... ugh.... I despair.

Archived