FM 18 Expanding Canadian Championship

bdearaujo

Hi, I'm trying to expand the Canadian Championship on the editor by trying to add more Canadian clubs. The competition currently in the game as 5 Canadian clubs that plays in a US league (Toronto FC, Montreal, Vancouver in MLS and Edmonton and Ottawa in USL/NASL) and its also the only way a canadian club can enter the CONCACAF Champions League. But I am running into a couple of issues.

1) I tried expand it through the Nation Rule- Canada but 2 things either occurs: it either convert the Canadian MLS club to Nation to Canada but make the USA Database unavailable (Says it requires 3 more clubs in MLS. 19 of 22 clubs found) or Everything is right but the Cup is unplayable

2) I attempted to expand it through Club Continental rules. While I manage it get it to somewhat work, another two problem occurs. 1) The winner does not qualify to the NACL as it give it to either Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal playing in the MLS. And 2) I keep getting American Clubs into the competition even after I added every club through Specific Teams clubs that enter the competition.

ANy suggestion to add more clubs into the cup?

The Canadian Championship is borked for me, and I cant edit it at all

So I Just create a new Comp, copy in the history and stuff, and then in the advanced rules qualify a team for the NACL with the qualifier 1 and it will behave like normal. This is how I added the League1 Ontario and Quebec league champions for 2018 in my database, if you want to see how its done you can check it out here  

20 ore fa, bdearaujo ha scritto:

Hi, I'm trying to expand the Canadian Championship on the editor by trying to add more Canadian clubs. The competition currently in the game as 5 Canadian clubs that plays in a US league (Toronto FC, Montreal, Vancouver in MLS and Edmonton and Ottawa in USL/NASL) and its also the only way a canadian club can enter the CONCACAF Champions League. But I am running into a couple of issues.

1) I tried expand it through the Nation Rule- Canada but 2 things either occurs: it either convert the Canadian MLS club to Nation to Canada but make the USA Database unavailable (Says it requires 3 more clubs in MLS. 19 of 22 clubs found) or Everything is right but the Cup is unplayable

2) I attempted to expand it through Club Continental rules. While I manage it get it to somewhat work, another two problem occurs. 1) The winner does not qualify to the NACL as it give it to either Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal playing in the MLS. And 2) I keep getting American Clubs into the competition even after I added every club through Specific Teams clubs that enter the competition.

ANy suggestion to add more clubs into the cup?

Is it possible to use Nation Rules and to set "Use a specific team" for Montreal Impact, Toronto FC and Vancouver Whitecaps without convert them to nation to Canada?

17 hours ago, PaMi 7 said:

Is it possible to use Nation Rules and to set "Use a specific team" for Montreal Impact, Toronto FC and Vancouver Whitecaps without convert them to nation to Canada?

I tried that but it makes the Canadian Championship unplayable.

The only solution I got was to recreate the Canadian Championship as a new competition and delete the old one. It worked but now I got to figure out the Continental Qualification as on my test run: Vancouver won the competition but Toronto FC was in the NACL even tho I went to advanced rule to set everything up. 

Archived