Request for tactical replications

If replicating Liverpool it has to be from the 80s Paisley / Fagan era. A few attempts have been made in past editions.

1991 Red Star Belgrade team was awesome and full of amazing players. It would be interesting if someone tried to replicate them if enough info can be found.

1 hour ago, yonko said:

If replicating Liverpool it has to be from the 80s Paisley / Fagan era. A few attempts have been made in past editions.

1991 Red Star Belgrade team was awesome and full of amazing players. It would be interesting if someone tried to replicate them if enough info can be found.

Yes. I always like to see somebody else's interpretation of Bob Paisley's Liverpool sides. I try to re-create it in every FM with Liverpool but it's hard to find suitable players in the modern era from the get go. e.g. hardworking pass and move wide midfielders have fallen out of fashion

In light of recent events, Marco Rose and his U19 Youth League winning tactics and Dortmund beating Salzburg tactic. Its the same, but i think he evolved it a bit this year. I found a good read on spielverlagerung.at from RM.

I´d do it, but I just suck at implementing tactics and roles from RL to FM.

52 minutes ago, irish kopite said:

Yes. I always like to see somebody else's interpretation of Bob Paisley's Liverpool sides. I try to re-create it in every FM with Liverpool but it's hard to find suitable players in the modern era from the get go. e.g. hardworking pass and move wide midfielders have fallen out of fashion

Maybe you have a hard time because you try to use natural AM R/L players who are more wingers and wide forwards than wide midfielders. There are plenty of hard working fullbacks and midfielder who are good passers and can play there. It depends what is your criteria and attribute threshold for such players.

28 minutes ago, yonko said:

Maybe you have a hard time because you try to use natural AM R/L players who are more wingers and wide forwards than wide midfielders. There are plenty of hard working fullbacks and midfielder who are good passers and can play there. It depends what is your criteria and attribute threshold for such players.

That is what I do. I remould natural centre midfielders into wide midfielders and Bootroom era Liverpool did this. e.g. Ronnie Whelan & Sammy Lee from the 82-86 team that you had in mind. An important ppm to train is play one twos as are the PIs dribble less and fewer risky passes. Whelan and Lee were hardworking give and go players who stretched the pitch when Liverpool had the ball and tucked into a midfield bank of 4 when possession was lost. Those type of wide players aren't readily available in the modern era due to prevalence of 4231s and 443s. The current squad does have a traditional Liverpool No. 8 RM- James Milner. I'm giving Arnold a go here in this position long term and Arthur in Whelan's left midfield slot. FM 18 is easier in respect of RMs than previous editions. Dalglish's deep lying forward role can be hard to fill but Firmino is doing well with the ppm drops deeper trained.

5 hours ago, Alerion said:

In light of recent events, Marco Rose and his U19 Youth League winning tactics and Dortmund beating Salzburg tactic. Its the same, but i think he evolved it a bit this year. I found a good read on spielverlagerung.at from RM.

I´d do it, but I just suck at implementing tactics and roles from RL to FM.

Maybe open up a thread and we can help you out on that note. I watched that match through the MultiMatch90.

7 hours ago, yonko said:

I second that.  There are videos on youtube of their European Cup run, although the tactic is so player-dependent.  It would be very hard to replicate the roles of Prosinecki, Savicevic, and especially Mihajlovic without the appropriate ppm's. The other thing is, apart from the ultra defensive final, they played very attacking and fluid, with the players free to express themselves - Mihajlovic often bringing the ball out regardless what position he played, Savicevic actually tracking back and making tackles, and Panchev, so often playing as a poacher, getting heavily involved in the build up. 

As a kid, I hated that team, not only because I supported one of their rivals, but also because in my naive mind, they were buying success...Ah, how times have changed.  I don't want to go too far off topic, but someone recently did a thread on success with smaller nations, and perhaps this was the beginning o the end of European competitions being realistically winnable for such teams.  The Yugoslavian league itself was fiercely competitive, in spite of Red Star's general dominance, and the generation of players they had produced was truly special - Mihajlovic, Stojkovic, Savicevic, Jarni, Boban, Suker, Susic, Prosinecki, and countless others. 

Here is a link to a match against Real Madrid, and the sheer pace of the counterattack would not be out of place in today's Premiership. The thing that would make it difficult to fully replicate in FM would be the energy, determination, and togetherness of that team. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th-LVjN6h0Q

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Jean0987654321:

Maybe open up a thread and we can help you out on that note. I watched that match through the MultiMatch90.

I was thinking about that too, just gotta wait until my day off on Tuesday :p

Archived