FM18 Goodbye 4231 Knap

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, knap said:

Wingers can be played as IF s or WMs in a 442. To me there are just MR/L or AMR/L positions not the role system.

You can try this with wingers. In pipeline yes.

Cool, thank you.  I wasn't sure if the lack of familiarity with a winger in the IF role would have a negative effect but I will go with it and see how it plays out.

If you look at tactics screen and change a DLF to Poacher you can see them mentality change pushing the player up the pitch, and potentially isolating player.

Even a CF S changes mentality yet looking at roles PIs there is little difference.

I would try the DLF S first as this fits the mentality structure of tactic, if this causes a problem then try another role and monitor the results.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used this tactic in the majority of my saves. Won serie a 4 times in a row with Inter, lost in champs league to psg. Had success with Dortmund with it too. Two teams that really suit this formation. Didn't have such luck with Roma, was sacked but I think due to chopping and changing tactics throughout 2nd season. 

Top work all round, many thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

The tactics are not designed to work with different mentalities' It may be worth trying other mentalities or a more defensive formations for difficult games, or using a SUS tactic to close out games. 

Cheers mate - just wondering does the same ten games settling in for the tactic still apply. Just tried it there with my Championship team Blackburn and even though we looked dominant, the opposition scored 3 on us. It was like a competition for our players to see if they could miss :)

I use FMT so no need.

In full game it is recommended to put tactic in the 3 slots and play 8- 10 friendlies. In full game, I never test with a fluid tactic or seldom play saves, and often 1st game of season is the 1st time I use a tactic. However, the test sides are top team and maybe can overcome a non fluid tactic.

I would try and give a new tactic at least an easy home game to start and a few games to see how results pan out. The 4231 is a top team tactic rather than sub or under dog tactic.

在 2018/2/20 在 PM1点01分, knap說:

I use FMT so no need.

In full game it is recommended to put tactic in the 3 slots and play 8- 10 friendlies. In full game, I never test with a fluid tactic or seldom play saves, and often 1st game of season is the 1st time I use a tactic. However, the test sides are top team and maybe can overcome a non fluid tactic.

I would try and give a new tactic at least an easy home game to start and a few games to see how results pan out. The 4231 is a top team tactic rather than sub or under dog tactic.

hi knap,because i use a ipad to play,so could you please do me the screen shot of the personal instruction of your 18.22 4231 tactics。thanks very much

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 23:17, White Europe said:

this is the season with chelsea, with the only changes to team shape to structured and mentality to standard.

4231 home and 4123 away

20180302230840_1.jpg

20180302230918_1.jpg

20180302230943_1.jpg

20180302231002_1.jpg

20180302231032_1.jpg

what training and individual training you use ? 

Archived