The Official Chelsea Premiership Champions Thread 2005/06

JoeyM

Yeah, Lampard would struggle in a lesser team in my opinion.

He is a phenomenal player of course but at Chelsea he can afford to be slightly below par occasionally(not that he is often) but at Liverpool Gerrard has to be the man constantly.

Could Frank do that? Does he win a game himself by driving the team forward when they need a leader?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Could Frank do that? Does he win a game himself by driving the team forward when they need a leader? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

off the top of my head

Bayern Munich home, Barcelona home, Bolton away title clincher. There's more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Cech - Not as solid as you'd have liked in all truth. Is his usual commanding self but made errors against Blackburn and Fulham, and hasn't yet made any match winning saves. Has he needed to?6

Johnson - hasn't done much, but when he has he's hardly been bad.7 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cech ... 6 ?

Johnson ... 7 ? icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

To do with expectations of the player and their performances so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're a hard task master, Juni !

Crespo may not be as settled as everyone hopes too -/

What's the likely front man for the Sunderland game ? I get the feeling Carlton Cole may get a game ... Crespo fit not is he ? Just think he may go with Cole as, well, it's Sunderland 'innit ! icon_razz.gif It's a Fantasy Football thing ... wondering if anyone heard anything ?

more that his missus isn't really </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone should introduce him to Chantelle from Big Brother icon14.gif

• Administrators

It'll be Eidur with Carlton on the bench, Cole was tired after around 70 mins against Huddersfield, lack of football. Maniche will come in.

Still mulling over whether to go to that game, 7.30am start and half midnight finish all told, £30 ticket and £35 coach. Hmm.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Shaun Cummings, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's useful in my fm game.

First year manage to knock Inter out of the champs league single handedly.

What about jonas elmer?

(ps. damn you're fast)

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Carlo Cudicini has signed an extension to his contract, adding a year to his existing deal, and that will keep him Chelsea until 2009, ten years after he first signed for the club.

He went to Stamford Bridge this afternoon to put pen to paper, committing himself to Chelsea even though he is still coming out second in the battle with Petr Cech for the goalkeeper’s place.

José Mourinho told Chelsea TV tonight that Petr Cech’s award as the world’s best goalkeeper from the International Football Federation of Statistics and History was something that, “is also very much about Carlo,†because of the work that they do together.

Carlo joined Chelsea in 1999 on loan from Castel Di Sangro, and the move became permanent a year later for a mere £160,000. He has since played 175 games and saved an extraordinary six of 12 penalties faced. He kept goal in the 2002 FA Cup Final.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm starting to think he's staying and is content to because he's being given some coaching responsibilities, if he works well with Cech, he's got a lot of experience and talent to pass on. Sure, he's young enough to be a starter somewhere but I genuinely think he enjoys what he's doing.

Interesting about Carlo. As an outsider I haven't heard a peep of complaint out of him, and he seems to be looking at the bigger picture (coaching etc), rather than whiging that he isn't playing.

Either that or he just wants the money. I hope it's the former though.

And only £190,000. Absolute bloody steal. Was that Ranieri?

Nice to see Carlo signing a new extension. One of the nicest players i have ever met (seen him at the Zola testimonial). Hopefully he will end up becoming are goalkeeping coach or a coach of some sort when his contrac is up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flatulant_Fox:

Ive just finished John Terry's "My winning season" book.

Great read, the man has some STRANGE superstitions!

Enjoyed it immensely, a good insight into a sweet season. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reading it at the moment.

i think it's really dissapointing that cudicini is settling for second best so much, he's a top keeper, accepting a place on the bench for the rest of his career is very strange.

and even if it's not money that's motivating him, and he wants to be a coach, why? surely he's still young enough to make an impact at the top level.

anyway, i'm not arsed, were gonna rape you this sunday icon_cool.gif

nah, we wont icon_frown.gif

Couple of poor performances recently and only goals from the opposition have seemed to have any effect on us. If we go 1-0 up we seem to take for granted that we are going to win and we set back and dont attack, when other team scores a goal we seem to come alive again as they realise we are going to drop points. We need to learn how to kill teams off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dee:

Another thing is anyone else noticing how much we are missing drogba? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah and Essien, he's been immense all season.

Archived