The Official Chelsea Premiership Champions Thread 2005/06

JoeyM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Majalo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by only one keano (robbie):

This is a lively club thread icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do their talking on the pich icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

makelele does his in the media icon14.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

a) we didn't lose a game, we lost a shootout

b) we were eliminated by a team who are second in the league for a very good reason

c) we're top of the league, progressing in the cl, dominating nearly everyone, but I might as well commit suicide because OH DEAR WE'VE NOT WON IN TWO GAMES.

We're gonna **** all over Blackburn, come back then.

• Administrators

Wasn't just that, Bent terrorised him, he lost all confidence after the goal, his clearances had a habit of just going straight up, and he doesn't appear to be able to head the ball unless he's doing that weird crouching low springy action.

I still love him though icon_frown.gif

We had enough chances to hill the game off though. Didier should have burried that header especially.

Not to worry too much anyhow, could have been worse, could have got beat to a side in actual normal time from a lower division!!!

As Juni said, it's a loss on pens. It isn't a defeat!

Come on Chels'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

Bit of a rubbish result, last night lads? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does it really matter anymore icon_frown.gif

Dunno if its a well known fact but glenn johnston and robben will be punted in the january break - not due to lack of talent - due to attitudes in dressing room.

From a very good source so thought i would post, not sure if its a known fact or whatever.

Rate Robben personally very highly.

• Administrators

It's £200,000 for Sinclair, first story of the three to be announced.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Chelsea have been told by an independent tribunal to pay Rovers an initial £200,000 up front in compensation for luring away Scott Sinclair.

The Premiership giants had offered less than half that figure, but must now cough up the money immediately, as well as send further sums the Pirates' way in a number of 'add-ons' laid down by the tribunal.

They include the player making a fixed number of appearances for the Stamford Bridge club, making his full England debut, as well as a sell-on clause that will give Rovers a slice of any transfer takings should the Premiership champions decide to sell him on at any point.

Rovers had been hoping for a significantly higher fee than the £200,000 awarded, and director Kevin Spencer says that the relatively low amount will only encourage the likes of Chelsea to poach away young talent from smaller clubs rather than go through correct and proper channels.

"Although we received a fair hearing, we were disappointed with the final package awarded by the tribunal," Kevin told bristolrovers.co.uk.

"At the moment, some clubs in the Premiership are negotiating with lower league clubs for fair fees for the best up-and-coming young players, but this sends out the wrong signal.

"It will show Premiership clubs that it is better for them and cheaper for them to take the likes of Scott away from clubs like Rovers and go to tribunal, rather than negotiate fair and appropriate fees."

Kevin added: "Although the club was disappointed to lose the services of Scott, we wish him all the best in the future."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Compensation Awarded

Further to the Football League appeals meeting, held in London yesterday, re Ryan Bertrand, the committee has awarded Gillingham Football Club the following compensation package.

Chelsea Football Club will pay Gillingham an initial compensation fee of £125,000. In addition the Club will receive £50,000 when the player makes his full debut in a competitive first team match.

Gillingham will receive a further £100,000 for every 10 appearances made by the player up to and including his 40th appearance for Chelsea.

In addition the Club will receive £200,000 if the player makes his full international debut in a competitive first team match.

Should the player leave Chelsea at any time in the future for a transfer fee/compensation fee in excess of the fee paid, then Chelsea should pay Gillingham 15 per cent of such excess.

The Club is pleased with the outcome of the appeals committee but still feels that Chelsea have acquired a very good player cheaply.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worley case heard at 2.45pm

• Administrators

I guess this won't help either

Arnesen helping Chelsea to put the cheque book away

By John Ley (Filed: 21/10/2005)

Having spent the best part of £200 million in putting together one of the strongest squads in European football - the 4-0 win over Real Betis on Wednesday night showed that Chelsea's league dominance has transferred to the European stage - the club have served notice that they now plan to invest hugely to capture the best youngsters available.

Frank Arnesen, formally sporting director at Tottenham, moved across London, in less than amicable circumstances, to become Chelsea's director of youth development and scouting and is charged with luring players who can take the club's dominance into a new era.

Arnesen hardly left Spurs on happy terms; his controversial departure threatened to create a new rift in Premiership football. But the Dane, almost two months into his new job, is now concentrating on creating an even greater empire in London SW6.

Arnesen was suspended from his job at White Hart Lane in early June; a photograph of the Dane on the luxury yacht of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich tempted Spurs to make on official complaint, but the clubs agreed compensation, between £6 million and £8 million, and finally the former Denmark international was able to start work on Sept 1.

"It's a job that not a lot of clubs in this world could offer me," Arnesen said. "The club has thought a lot about their plans for the future; they wanted to get to the top as quickly as possible, and that's what has happened. But also, as quickly as possible, they wanted to invest in the organisation, and I'm part of that.

"For me, Chelsea is the most exciting club in the world in the last two years. The whole summer I've been looking forward to starting. I think already I have been more involved in football in 1½ months than I have been the last year."

Tottenham used strong words to describe Arnesen's departure a year into his contract; words such as "betrayal" did little to cement relations between the clubs. However, Arnesen, prevented from talking about the move under the terms of the compensation agreement which was eventually reached, insisted he had little guilt in leaving Spurs.

"I've been in football for 30 years," he said. "You know that sometimes you get the sack, sometimes you stay and sometimes you go for some reason. That's football and that's why I don't think about guilt or anything like that."

Of the ill-feeling and strong words coming from north London, Arnesen added: "To be honest, I tried to see through all that. Yes, there was disappointment but I'm happy about that, because if there hadn't been any or they wanted me to leave I hadn't done a good job.

"As long as it doesn't get really personal with some matters then I accept it, no problem. I could have responded every time I read something about me. But we had an agreement."

One less stressful task which Arnesen has been involved with recently has been to help oversee the contestants who have been given the chance to become a professional footballer. In conjunction with Sky One, the eight-part Football Icon series will see 5,000 young players, many of whom have been rejected by clubs, whittled down to one special youngster.

"It's a fantastic programme," Arnesen said. "We are now down to the last three. I've trained with them and it's a decent level. Such a thing can happen; players who have not been spotted can grow up and have a professional career. Mentality is very important.

"Eidur Gudjohnsen is a fantastic example of good mentality. He was one of the most gifted players when he was six years old - I saw him playing behind a goal with his father in Anderlecht.

"I took him to PSV when he was 17, a great talent. Then he got injured and he was gone for two years. He went back to Iceland. A player with a lot of skill and less mentality would never have come back, but he bounced back and that is all about mentality."

Now Chelsea are hoping, with Arnesen and manager Jose Mourinho, they can unearth another 'star'. If they do, the player's success will not be lost on Spurs.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Administrators

Chelsea must pay Stockport County an initial compensation fee of £150,000 for Harry Worley.

And the deal could be worth up to £600,000 if the young defender makes 40 first-team appearances for the Pensioners.

There will also be a further £200,000 payable if Worley makes a full international appearance in a recognised competitive match.

In addition, if Worley should leave Chelsea for a transfer fee in excess of the amount paid to County, then the Premiership champions must pay the Hatters 15% of the excess.

Worley, who made his debut for County Reserves whilst still at school, moved to Stamford Bridge during the summer.

The two clubs couldn't agree on the amount of compensation for a player nurtured in County's successful School of Excellence, though, and the figure was decided at a Football League Appeals Committee meeting held in London yesterday.

Chief Executive Kevan Taylor, who attended the meeting along with team manager Chris Turner and Centre of Excellence Director Mick Wiblin, said: "We had a fair hearing and, although our valuation of Harry was higher than the settlement amount, the initial compensation figure is nearer our valuation than Chelsea's."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

There will be a defeat on this page icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

There will be a defeat on this page icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep of most of the other EPL sides!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

meh

It's our away record since losing at Manchester City. Frighteningly awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived