The Official Chelsea Premiership Champions Thread 2005/06

JoeyM

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

We never cheated, was just a dodgy ref icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Giving referee's money could be construed as cheating.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Spurs had the first five minutes but apart from that a deserved win. Think we would have nicked it even without the red card </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bet that's not even ironic. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dookie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Spurs had the first five minutes but apart from that a deserved win. Think we would have nicked it even without the red card </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bet that's not even ironic. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No they had a bright start and whatever people think Chelsea aren't invincible. The red card killed the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Very dodgy, but yeh better team won on the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is, when you've cost £250 million, you shouldn't need to be a man up with the ref in your pocket to be the better team....

But congratulations on Chelsea for selling out their allocation of 3000 tickets. Bet they didn't even have to hawk them 4-at-a-time on the radio this week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

1989 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last time spurs beat us in the league I think...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dookie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Very dodgy, but yeh better team won on the day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is, when you've cost £250 million, you shouldn't need to be a man up with the ref in your pocket to be the better team....

But congratulations on Chelsea for selling out their allocation of 3000 tickets. Bet they didn't even have to hawk them 4-at-a-time on the radio this week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's only because they're at £50 a pop.

They'd sell out easy if they were £25 each.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jongi:

1989 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last time spurs beat us in the league I think... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it was 87 the last time they beat us at the Lane icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamieDay:

No they had a bright start and whatever people think Chelsea aren't invincible. The red card killed the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Classic icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phas3r:

is it just me or is it Wayne Bridge and Asier del Horno both look quite similiar? even funnier is they both play for chelsea and both are left back icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea everytime I've seen del Horno I've thought that as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

But congratulations on Chelsea for selling out their allocation of 3000 tickets. Bet they didn't even have to hawk them 4-at-a-time on the radio this week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They'd sell out easy if they were £25 each. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So are tickets at Spurs and Arsenal. And given that "new" fans - often wealthy city types - constitute such a large percentage of Chelsea's support, that shouldn't be a problem anyway.

They'd sell out easy if they were £25 each. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So are tickets at Spurs and Arsenal. And given that "new" fans - often wealthy city types - constitute such a large percentage of Chelsea's support, that shouldn't be a problem anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The "new" fans aren't going to go watch West Brom on a Wednesday night.

They'll be at Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool.

And the "old" fans have been priced out of the market, so...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by strong centreback:

mail on sunday has a rumour about the bridge getting a 800M facelift to a 70000 all seater

cant find a link will try to get one later </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be quality- and hopefully they'd drop prices a little to try to fill it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by exchampionsfan:

Is £800m not like a fifth of Abramovich's total wealth? I can't see him investing that much in one swoop tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it's going to be one massive up-front payment.

It'll probably be tied in with loans, sponsorship deals, split payments, funds from home games etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JamieDay:

No they had a bright start and whatever people think Chelsea aren't invincible. The red card killed the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Classic icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right mate - you jump on that band wagon..

If they got a big stadium perhaps I could afford to start going again!

And Dookie speaks some **** doesn't he?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> And given that "new" fans - often wealthy city types </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why?

More likely the chavs here in Staines. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beffrey:

We'd definately struggle to fill a 70k stadium - it would only really reap dividended in a decade or two, when all these new fans grow up (7 or 8 now), and indoctrine their kids etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wouldn't be ready for at least 5 years though, and if they lowered ticket prices they'd fill it up easy.

I would pay £20 ever other week, but I'd barely pay £50 a month.

Ticket prices is the SOLE reason I don't go as much as I can and want - and I'm sure that's the case for thousands upon thousands of fans.

I don't see why we'd be planning to expand Stamford when we aren't even filling it at 40,000(ish). If they lowered their ticket prices, I'd go all the time but for £40 twice a week? I barely see that sort of money every month, and then I spend it at the cinema!

Looking forward to the game vs Anderlecht tomorrow, would be great to see Wayne Bridge back if he's fit. A Carlton Cole appearance would be a nice bonus as well (hopefully instead of Gudjohnsen).

Yeah they would need to lower ticket prices, but I imagine they would if they're looking to fill a70,000 seater stadium.

At the moment with 40,000 @£40 a ticket they have no incentive to lower the prices, just to fill a couple of thousand more seats.

Yeah they would need to lower ticket prices, but I imagine they would if they're looking to fill a70,000 seater stadium.

At the moment with 40,000 @£40 a ticket they have no incentive to lower the prices, just to fill a couple of thousand more seats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what does everybody think is a reasonable price for chelsea tickets? at the moment they vary in price between £40-50, i personally think that they should be about £30-40 as then that would then drop into line abit more with other clubs

Do you mean reasonable in general or reasonable relative to other ticket prices?

Basically I don't think lcubs shouold charge more than £25 for a ticket which is about what you can pay to go to the theatre or a concert and other forms of lve entertainment.

But considering most ticket prices are at least £30 I would imagin £30-40 to be more realisitc.

I think £50 is a joke though.

I hope they do get a new stadium though - if only so that we can begin to match the biggest clubs in the world in that department as well.

Can you honestly see them lowering ticket prices in a hurry? - I mean this club is one of the drawcards in football today..the club will be trying to capitalise on this I'd imagine.

But maybe Roman might have a thing to say about it, early days yet.

Stranger things have happened I spose.

Not at SB no.

But if they want to fill a 70,000 seater stadium then they'll have to.

They can't fill 44,000 as it is. Simple laws of supply and demand will bring the prices down.

Right now, it's worth sacrificing 2,000 unsold seats to be able to charge £50 a ticket. The £15 over premiership average per ticket sold is an extra (15 x 40,000) - (35 x 2,000)= £530,000 in revenue.

But if they are selling 40,000 tickets in a 70,000 seater stadium the total revenue comparisons are more glaring, even at £30/ticket:

£50 x 40,000= £2,000,000

or

£30 x 70,000= £2,100,000.

Without counting the extra value of a full 70,000 seater stadium over a half empty one.

They could and should reintroduce the price scaling that they had (which I think they've pretty much evened out this year.

So they still charge £50-60 for Arsnela, Man U, Liverpool, Spurs and CL QF and on. But £30 for say, Sunderland at home.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Babayaro1:

I mean this club is one of the drawcards in football today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooops </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, well, they're supposed to be, they just need a bigger fanbase. icon_wink.gif

Archived