The Official Chelsea Premiership Champions Thread 2005/06

JoeyM

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robben apparently was feeling his hamstring a little in training the day before, so he was rested - he hasn't pulled it or anything, but it's just tight so they didn't risk it.

I imagine given our depth in those positions now and the fact that we have a big Arsenal game 2 weeks later, he will also be rested for the Comm. Shield.

Gallas took a knock to his knee, and it looked like the kind of thing that will swell up for a couple of days.

Again, given that we have RC to fill in for him, and JM probably doesn't see that much between the 2, he won't risk Gallas.

The Mak took a shoulder to the head, and it looked like a knock-out blow - in fact, it may well have knocked him out for a few seconds. The guy got up really dazed, but I imagine he'll be fine for the Comm. Shield.

So the team I expect to see for the Shield:

Cech, Ferreira, RC, Terry, ADH, Mak, Gudjonssen, Lamps, J.Cole, Duff, Drogba.

He may play Crespo, but Drogba is technically in "better form" and I think fitness and form will be the main deciding factors (along with tactics) in each game in terms of who to play.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

No Phillips icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Jose wants to give him a little more time to settle in, get used to the team style, tactics etc

And he's unlikely to throw him in against Arsenal in his first competetive (assuming the Comm. SHield is 'copmpetetive') game for us.

I can see him starting against Wigan. He'll get many games, don't worry (or buy into what the media are saying)

The charity shield is on the 7th, right? It doesn't list it on the fixtures page of the Chelsea website. Anyway, I reckon Jose will be giving run-outs to players who won't get so much action this season. I think the team will be...

C Cudicini- G Johnson/Geremi, J Terry, R Carvalho, W Bridge- Tiago, C Makelele, F Lampard- J Cole, E Gudjohnsen, D Duff.

SUBS: P Cech, R Huth, A Robben, SWP, HJ Crespo.

My team would be...

C Cudicini- G Johnson, J Terry, R Huth, A Del Horno- J Cole, C Makelele, F Lampard- SWP, D Drogba, C Cole.

SUBS: L Pidgeley, R Carvalho, J Keenan, Geremi, H Crespo.

As you might have guessed, I'm not too bothered about winning the Charity Shield or not, though a win against Arsenal is always nice (and the team is still strong).

Everyone reports Robben is struggling, Stev Clarke said on ChelseaTv that he felt his hamstring tighten slightly in training and Josay and the team decided not to risk it as its pre-season. Maka has a concussion and left the field against AC dizzy, and duno about Gallas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Ryan King:

Latest on Essien, just heard on the radio that Aulas is meeting with Abramovich tonight, the impression is that it's going to be a final offer of £25m + Geremi, and if this one fails Chelsea are likely to drop it altogether. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea have denied that Roman is going to meet with Aulas.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shanyi:

The charity shield is on the 7th, right? It doesn't list it on the fixtures page of the Chelsea website. Anyway, I reckon Jose will be giving run-outs to players who won't get so much action this season. I think the team will be...

C Cudicini- G Johnson/Geremi, J Terry, R Carvalho, W Bridge- Tiago, C Makelele, F Lampard- J Cole, E Gudjohnsen, D Duff.

SUBS: P Cech, R Huth, A Robben, SWP, HJ Crespo.

My team would be...

C Cudicini- G Johnson, J Terry, R Huth, A Del Horno- J Cole, C Makelele, F Lampard- SWP, D Drogba, C Cole.

SUBS: L Pidgeley, R Carvalho, J Keenan, Geremi, H Crespo.

As you might have guessed, I'm not too bothered about winning the Charity Shield or not, though a win against Arsenal is always nice (and the team is still strong). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don;t you think Cech will play, and even more strangely, why don't you even put him on the bench in your team?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shanyi:

I reckon Jose will be giving run-outs to players who won't get so much action this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mourinho don't want to lose any game. You need to know more about Mourinho icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yovan:

I reckon Jose will be giving run-outs to players who won't get so much action this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mourinho don't want to lose any game. You need to know more about Mourinho icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's also true. I reckon the team will be much more like mine or Juni's than yours (shanyi) tbh.

JM will want to use the shield match as an opportunity to get one over Arsenal, to get some momentum and confidence going into the season, to win another trohpy (if we win I GUARANTEE Mourinho will include it in all his trophy counts throughout the year), to get some more practice for our 1st choice 11, and to prepare the players for the BIG game 2 weeks later.

For all those reasons, he certainly won't be fielding a weak side - it's not like he needs to rest anyone yet (a part from those who may have picked up a knock).

• Administrators

If anyone cares, our youth team are in the Semi Finals of the Milk Cup Youth Tournament in Northern Ireland. Results so far

Chelsea 2-0 Co. Tyrone (Mancienne, Sinclair)

Chelsea 1-0 Feyenoord (Cummings)

Chelsea 1-0 Cruz Azul (own goal from a Bertrand cross)

Mon us in tonight's semi vs Porto icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

If anyone cares, our youth team are in the Semi Finals of the Milk Cup Youth Tournament in Northern Ireland. Results so far

Chelsea 2-0 Co. Tyrone (Mancienne, Sinclair)

Chelsea 1-0 Feyenoord (Cummings)

Chelsea 1-0 Cruz Azul (own goal from a Bertrand cross)

Mon us in tonight's semi vs Porto icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice to see the youngsters churn out clean sheets like the first team... maybe we do have so quality talent to come through?!?!?

• Administrators

Well Mancienne being at the heart of the defence helps, he's a regular with the reserves, but Jack Cork's alongside him and he's an England youth international. At right and left back are two young kids, one of them goes to my old school, and the goalie's a Wales u15 International, so there's definitely potential.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Chelsea target Essien 'on strike'

bbc sport

Michael Essien has told Lyon he will not play for them again as he continues to push for a move to Chelsea.

Lyon have rejected a £21m Chelsea bid, and Essien has taken drastic action in a bid to force the club's hand before the end of the transfer window.

"From now on I am playing with the junior players and I will not take part in any first-team matches for them," the 22-year-old told the Daily Mirror.

"I feel very let down by Lyon. I cannot understand why they've acted this way."

In one of the summer's longest-running transfer sagas, Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has taken an uncomprimising stance in the face of prolonged Chelsea interest.

Lyon stand firm over Essien fee

The French club are holding out for £32m fee as well as a player in exchange for the Ghanaian midfielder who still has three years on his contract.

Essien has missed Lyon's first two matches of the season, and has already voiced his desire to move to Stamford Bridge.

The continued refusal of Lyon to agree a fee with Chelsea has frustrated Essien, and he made his feelings clear.

"The club know I want to leave and I have kept them informed at every stage - but they are behaving very badly over this," added Essien.

"I have made it clear to them I will not play for them again.

"I have heard the Lyon president saying other clubs from the Premiership are interested in buying me - including Arsenal and Manchester United - but I've no desire to play for anyone else but Chelsea.

"I will not go to another club, even Real Madrid. Chelsea want me and I want to play for them, that is why I am so disappointed with the situation.

"They are telling me one thing and doing another and that is not healthy for me, the manager of Lyon or the rest of the squad. The sooner Lyon resolve this, the better."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully Chelsea will sit on their hands for the time being and wait for Lyon to contact them, and therefore Chelsea will gain the Power in the negotiations.

But knowing Peter Kenyon (the ***** that he is) he will get all excited and get straight on the phone to Lyon and ask them to name their price or something.

I've been against this deal from the beginning, and no recent developments have caused me to change my mind.

We still don't need him, and if this continue the way they are, we may get him for A LOT cheaper in january or next summer (albeit in January he'll be CL tied.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Won 5-4 on pens, missed all of them bar Saarelma's because BBC's stream sucks, but we've got Barca in the Final tomorrow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Juni, will they broadcast the final on live streaming?

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why don;t you think Cech will play, and even more strangely, why don't you even put him on the bench in your team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said that I think Mourinho will give squad players a chance and Cudicini played in most cup games last season, so there's a good chance he'll be out on Sunday. As for my team, I like giving young players a chance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why don;t you think Cech will play, and even more strangely, why don't you even put him on the bench in your team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said that I think Mourinho will give squad players a chance and Cudicini played in most cup games last season, so there's a good chance he'll be out on Sunday. As for my team, I like giving young players a chance.

Come on th Community Shelid, i think Arsenal will struggle without Paddy in their first REAL game without him.

Incidently, i was at the Bridge on Thursday and filmed for 2 seconds and was on Football Focus earlier today.

*And i did not come in the thread to state this

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chelseablue P.I.:

Come on th Community Shelid, i think Arsenal will struggle without Paddy in their first REAL game without him.

Incidently, i was at the Bridge on Thursday and filmed for 2 seconds and was on Football Focus earlier today.

*And i did not come in the thread to state this </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Course you didn't icon_wink.gif

Archived