The Official Chelsea Premiership Champions Thread 2005/06

JoeyM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chelseablue P.I.:

Carvalho waste of money? Get real sunshine, over inflated price maybe, but its Chelsea. And did you watch any of the last third of the season? The guy was f*cking AWESOME. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry,can't agree with that.

He was good, but not great, and looked a bit desperate at times, uncomposed etc.

Gallas is still head and shoulders above him in my book.

He'll undoubtedly improve this year though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha you fool, carvalho was awsome for you last season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errr... how many Chelsea games did you watch to call me a fool?

He did improve towards the end, but not enough to justify being called "awesome" for us, or "incredible".

He wasn't imo. And I watched 90% of all Chelsea games.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Looks like Essien's close, £23m </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a bit like that dom jolly sketch with the one pound lighters.

"how much is this overpriced player? £30m And this one? £30m"

I agree with JoeyM about Carlvalho, i saw most of Chelsea's games last season and he looked anything bar incredible, Chelsea's defence weakened towards the end of the season and although his performances picked up I always thought Gallas was a better performer at Centre half.

Although he looks like Bam Margera so all is forgiven,

From what I can tell, Chelsea's squad: Cech, Drogba, Duff, Jarosik, Johnson, Tiago, Wright-Phillips...can't tell you who else is out there.

For DC United: Boswell, Gomez, Kovalenko, Moreno, Olsen, Prideaux, I think Rimando is net...can't say who else....

DC's actually looking pretty solid except for miserable finishing. Chelsea is sitting back for counterattacks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YankeeMofo:

31st minute, DC United scores on a corner kick, Boswell. Beautiful execution. Boswell was completely unmarked, not a man around him for 5 feet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mon the DC. icon_cool.gif.

Its on Chelsea TV bling which is only on Sky, wankers.

WOW, laser shot from Damien Duff off a Shaun Wright-Phillips free kick in the 36th minute. Amazing left footed finish. The cross was from the right side of the box over everyone's head and Duff was waiting for it. What a goal. icon_eek.gif

1-1, 36:01

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YankeeMofo:

31st minute, DC United scores on a corner kick, Boswell. Beautiful execution. Boswell was completely unmarked, not a man around him for 5 feet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Drogba was marking him then when Boswell ran to the ball, Drogba ran into Jarosik(i think) and left him unmarked icon_biggrin.gif

AHAHAHHA just as Terry was being interviewed some guy shouted:

"Jose Mourinho is a W/\NKER" icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

The commentator said, it was probably an Arsenal fan.

Who said Americans dont have a sense of humour.icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oz:

AHAHAHHA just as Terry was being interviewed some guy shouted:

"Jose Mourinho is a W/\NKER" icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

The commentator said, it was probably an Arsenal fan.

Who said Americans dont have a sense of humour.icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty hilarious.

What was funny about it was that the theme of the interview by Terry was "I like it alot here, this is great!" Man, some courtesy for the visiting side. icon15.gif

It was still pretty classic. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Oz:

Bwahaha, Terry is talking icon_biggrin.gif The interviewer is FIT though. Low top and everything. we need more of those back home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was probably Brandi Chastain. She's doing sideline work on the MLS broadcasts this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Lyon quer Tiago e 46M€ para vender Essien

O Lyon quer receber 46 milhões de euros e o passe do médio português do Chelsea, Tiago, para vender Michael Essien, segundo avança esta sexta-feira o Daily Mirror.

De acordo com o clube francês, o montante pedido representa aquilo que os blues iriam pagar ao Liverpool por Steven Gerrard.

Já Tiago seria a compensação por não conseguirem um substituto para o lugar de Essien num curto espaço de tempo.

Segundo a mesma fonte, o multi-milionário Roman Abramovich vai encontrar-se com o presidente do Lyon, Jean-Michel Aulas, na próxima semana. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

translation:

Lyon wants €46mil plus Tiago for Essian

€46mil? omfg :|

give them like €20mil + Tiago

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hernan Crespo admits he became so depressed during his first spell at Chelsea that he considered retiring.

He joined Chelsea in a £17m deal in August 2003, but spent last season on loan at AC Milan after a disappointing first campaign at Stamford Bridge.

The 30-year-old Argentine striker is now back at Chelsea after helping AC Milan reach the Champions League final.

He said: "Depressed is a big word but when I finished the season I thought seriously about not playing again."

Crespo has been welcomed back by Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho and scored in the 2-1 friendly win against DC United in Washington.

He said: "I had personal problems. I was looking for an apartment, my English is not good.

"It was even a problem trying to use my phone because I couldn't explain what I wanted. It was a problem for me to sign a contract for a house.

"If the electricity bill came, it was a problem as well. Those things would occupy my mind every day.

"There was nobody to help me. There was no one to tell me whether to live near Chelsea or the training ground.

"And when you change your country, don't speak the language and you feel alone, it's the worst thing." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just been reading that on the bbc site. can't believe that tbh. of course it'd be hard to move countries and everything, but ffs he's a multi-millionaire and at a football club. surely the club would have sorted this sort of stuff out for him, or if not (which i'd find hard to believe) he could pay someone who is bilingual in english and spanish to help him out.

i really can't believe it icon_biggrin.gif

I wouldn't mind something like £20m + Tiago.

It solves a lot of my worries about the overcorwding of the squad, and the getting ripped off (everytime we make an offer Aulas demands an extra £5m!).

Jarosik can then be our back-up to EG,FL,ME central midfield trio who will "battle" for the 2 spots, with Joe Cole filling in when necessary (I believe Jose played him in the central midfield role in last night's firendly)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

I'd rather we didn't get rid of Tiago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For Essien? You'd rather have both? Wouldn't you prefer dropping Joey C into deep if 2 of Essien/Eidur/Lamps are out rather than playing Tiago there?

It would get him more games since at the mo I don't see him getting many ahead of our super-three wingers.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Chelsea target Michael Essien is to miss Lyon's opening league match due to a stomach complaint.

The Ghanian midfielder has been the subject of the summers longest running transfer saga with his clubs president demanding over £30m for the player.

"Michael Essien will not go to Le Mans. He is suffering from gastroenteritis. The diagnosis has been confirmed by (club) doctor Jean-Jacques Amprino today," Lyon said on their official website.

Reigning champions Lyon are away to Le Mans tomorrow evening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting. Like SWP he is suddenly ill before a match. Unless it is true though, Lyon themselevs are in on it. Looks like we will get him then, though hoepfully not for the ridiculous demand of £32m + Tiago.

B*stard. I was going to post that!

Anyhoo, Houiller has been quoted as saying He's isnt sure when Essien will be back.

Well' its probably an adverse effect of the prawns he was eating with Kenyon last night, on a purely social and coincidental meeting you understand.

Hopefully Essien will refuse to play for Lyon from now on and we can sort out a sensible deal. I would do 20m with Geremi, who now serves absolutely no purpose since Shaun Wright-Phillips arrived. Tiago should stick around, Jiri Jarosik can go.

If Essien wants to go then i am sure a deal will be struck. Heard Mourinho on the news today saying "Chelsea will not be held to ransom" - i guess we're getting near. Chelsea wanna early-20s million and they want 32 off plys Tiago so i reckon they can settle around 25 plus Tiago (don't know why they brought him anyway !).

Also, Geremi seems to be used a make shift right-back at the moment ... maybe he's letting him linger around for that -/ (no idea why they brought Geremi either !!)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan:

I can see a very important problem if essien is missing all these games - where's his pre-season gone, and what state is he going to be in when he gets here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just missed that one game iirc. He was playing in the Peace cup in the far east etc.

• Administrators

Try Neil Barnett, he deals with everything. That said, the club make it specific on the site that training sessions are closed.

I need to enquire whether that means Youth team games too as I'm hoping to get to a lot of them.

Try Neil Barnett, he deals with everything. That said, the club make it specific on the site that training sessions are closed.

I need to enquire whether that means Youth team games too as I'm hoping to get to a lot of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will be disappointed if they are as I need to get up there to orgainse something for a special occassion. (Can't go inot details as the person it's for may be lurking). Hence why I wanted to write to the club and seek permission as it were!

Neil Barnett it is then.

Im off down the Bridge on Thursday for a tour, im taking my son who's 3 on staurday. Only a tenner, and he was free!

Loads of pics in the dugout tbh

It's a relatively boring game.

Interesting that it looked like our strongest side out with Cole being played ahead of SWP (understandable I guess at the moment), but more intriguingly Cudicini being played ahead of Cech.

Although I expect JM still has Petr as 1st choice.

Drogba may well have played himself into the starting 11 for the Comm. Shield now though.

Archived