The Official Chelsea Premiership Champions Thread 2005/06

JoeyM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lampers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beffrey:

But Keenan is what, 23? 24 now? I'm suprised he's still with us.

Let's give him to Brntford or QPR for a year. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets just sell him or give him to a feeder club. I really enjoy seeing our youngsters coming through because it proves we have our own talent to growing. But i just think it is going to very hard for any youngster/reserve to get a chance at our club. I dont like the fact that they are just getting chucked from club to club every season...like CC or MF. Surely the players would prefer to play at a club were they know they can prove their ability and get a game week in week out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why can't they do that when they're out on loan?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MickE:

Just watching Eurosport, and the commentator for the Spurs match mentioned Essien has been injured in the Peace cup and is out for three months, apparantly a horror tackle. Might scupper a move for him, at least for now. Cant find any linkage atm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was Abidal who broke his foot and is out for 3 months. Essien just got sent off.

Taken from Sky Sports Website...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Didier Drogba has suggested that it was Jose Mourinho's tactics that stopped him being a hit in English football with Chelsea.

The powerful striker believes that he was made to do far more running than any other main striker, suggesting that it was his work-rate that made the likes of Frank Lampard and Joe Cole shine.

"We'll see whether any other great striker will be ready to defend like a maniac for the good of the team like I did last season," Drogba told The People.

"I'll try thinking more about me next season - so that I don't finish 15 goals behind Thierry Henry again.

"I did decide to sacrifice myself for the whole team last season while forgetting my own scoring figures.

"I did think that I would spend less time running after the ball.

"I do have reservations about our game, especially in the second half of the season.

"The only way we played was with long balls towards me. I prefer playing football with people putting the ball at my feet.

"It's true that injuries unbalanced us, but that does not explain everything.

"I made Lampard and Cole shine. I sacrificed myself in the interests of Chelsea." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does anyone else think he is attempting to make himself unwanted at the club so he can leave?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I made Lampard and Cole shine. I sacrificed myself in the interests of Chelsea." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is a pretty bold stement to make, and one that I don't think is very accurate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beffrey:

A thread already on what Drogba said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK...why should I not mention it in the thread that is for the team he plays for?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LokedOut420:

A thread already on what Drogba said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK...why should I not mention it in the thread that is for the team he plays for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because you're only having a discussion with Juni here. If you want to do that you may as well do it on MSN.

Thread found on page 3. SHAMBLES.

Michael Ballack seems to have made himself available now, apparantly saying that the time is right to join one of the "great" european sides. Whatever the means.

Wonder if we'll stick in a bid if Lyon continue to be arseholes. £12m is the price being touted around as his contract is up in 12 months so he'd be a hell of a lot cheaper than Essien.

I quite like Liverpools new signing, the midfielder Sissioukio or something, seems like a proper hard bastard player like Maka.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chelseablue P.I.:

...seems like a proper hard bastard player like Maka. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that a joke?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bicks:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chelseablue P.I.:

Is that a joke? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Closely followed by you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bicks:

Is that a joke? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Closely followed by you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon13.gif Does that even make sense? icon_rolleyes.gif

Correct me if i am wrong but you described Claude Makelele as a 'hard bastard', which he is the complete opposite of?!?!?!? icon_confused.gif

You 2 are talking some $hit right now... Makelele is probably the softest midfielder in the Premiership. I dont think ive ever seen him pick up a booking for a hard tackle or even try and make a 50/50.

Makelele gets his bookings by being devious a clever and by making tactical fouls... however this does not make him a hard player.

JT = Hard player

Makelele = soft player

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

Makelele is easily one of the best players in the Chelsea team. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You dont have to tell me that, he is the most underated player in the premier league, i voted for him as player of the season this year.

The arguement is not about his undoubted ability, but about them 2 divs harping on about him being a hard player, when he really really isnt!

Who the hell is this Bicks fool?

Makelelelele probably the softest midfielder in the Premiership?

Ahahahahahaha icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Please man, stop, you are giving all of mankind a bad name with your obvious lack of football knowledge and understanding. May i ask are you blind? Do you watch football in any sort of form? Do you understand the game properly? Do you know what a hard playing footballer is? Please, dont reply to this post, just shuffle off back to doing whatever it is you do. Its safe to say you dont watch any Chelsea games.

Maka was the most underated player in all the Premiership last season, its no secret that our awesome defensive record was 80% down to him STOPPING opposition players running through, STOPPING opposition teams from arsing about with the ball trying to create chances. Add to that, he has been pubicly praised by not only people from within Chelsea but other people in football as to being the key behind Chelsea's great season. But after all, any old fanny could do what Maka does, he's a puff. icon14.gif

Quote from Claudio Ranieri: "Claude Makelele is the battery to my watch"

I can't name many harder midfielders to be honest. Sure he doesn't go crunching in like Roy Keane or Lee Bowyer all the time, but for his height around 5'7" i think, he is extremely solid. As shown already preseason and all of last season he is great at holding people off using his body.

Maybe you would trust the ratings given to him in the FM database which i believe to be pretty accurate work in most cases by Juni. Tackling 17, Aggression 16, Bravery 17, Dirtiness 15, Strength 18. Pussy tbh. icon_rolleyes.gif

Help me Abramovich, you're my only hope!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Essien makes plea to Abramovich

Lyon midfielder Michael Essien has begged Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to bring him to Stamford Bridge.

The 22-year-old Ghana international again underlined his desire to join the Blues, but knows they will not be able to buy him cheaply.

Essien told the News of the World: "I have the feeling Lyon will not sell for anything less than £35m.

"My last hope is Abramovich. It is he who has to make the decision. I hope he will meet their demands."

Essien has already been the subject of £17m and £18m bids from Chelsea this summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1-0 against Milan, good result even though they (AC) weren't at full strength. Didn't see the game personally, from what I hear Robben was our best player, SWP did some neat little turns and moves when he came on, Carlton Cole continued his good form and Geremi made more mistakes. Anyone watch the match to confirm or give some details?

How the f*ck Geremi gets played is beyond me. He's sh*te. How can you let Scott Parker go and keep Geremi and Tiago Jose?

Your still a f*cking legend and are forgiven for this hienous act. icon14.gif

Who the hell is this Bicks fool?

Makelelelele probably the softest midfielder in the Premiership?

Ahahahahahaha icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Please man, stop, you are giving all of mankind a bad name with your obvious lack of football knowledge and understanding. May i ask are you blind? Do you watch football in any sort of form? Do you understand the game properly? Do you know what a hard playing footballer is? Please, dont reply to this post, just shuffle off back to doing whatever it is you do. Its safe to say you dont watch any Chelsea games.

Maka was the most underated player in all the Premiership last season, its no secret that our awesome defensive record was 80% down to him STOPPING opposition players running through, STOPPING opposition teams from arsing about with the ball trying to create chances. Add to that, he has been pubicly praised by not only people from within Chelsea but other people in football as to being the key behind Chelsea's great season. But after all, any old fanny could do what Maka does, he's a puff. icon14.gif

Quote from Claudio Ranieri: "Claude Makelele is the battery to my watch" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea season ticket number 252549! Matthew Harding Lower, Block 10, Rov V, Seat 304

you need to check yourself before you reck yourself! you muggy little cvnt!

agree 100% with your last paragraph mind, although i did mention above that i voted for him as Chelsea player of the season last season. But you clearly have some kind of reading problems.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blueistheonlycolour:

I can't name many harder midfielders to be honest. Sure he doesn't go crunching in like Roy Keane or Lee Bowyer all the time, but for his height around 5'7" i think, he is extremely solid. As shown already preseason and all of last season he is great at holding people off using his body.

Maybe you would trust the ratings given to him in the FM database which i believe to be pretty accurate work in most cases by Juni. Tackling 17, Aggression 16, Bravery 17, Dirtiness 15, Strength 18. Pussy tbh. icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wisey was 5ft 6" and he was a dirty/hard/tough player who flew into chellenges when needed.

Makaelele is 5ft 7" or whatever, but he is just a very very clevel player, who will make tactical fouls and blocks as opposse to jumping into 50/50 tackles.

I would take Makelele over Wise every time, but dont try and convince me that Claude Makelele is a fcuking hard player cos he fcuking aint.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

Ge's not hard in the sense that he tackles hard, but he's not soft which would mean that he backs out of tackles and winces out of 50-50s.

So you're both very wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive seen Maka pull out of tackles many a time

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

Ge's not hard in the sense that he tackles hard, but he's not soft which would mean that he backs out of tackles and winces out of 50-50s.

Ive seen Maka pull out of tackles many a time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about that - if he has it would probably be when he hasn't needed to go to ground and is better off anticipating the next touch.

He wouldn't be half the player he is if he didn't get stuck in - and I don't mean diving around the place and flying into tackles, because he's more than that.

Ive seen Maka pull out of tackles many a time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about that - if he has it would probably be when he hasn't needed to go to ground and is better off anticipating the next touch.

He wouldn't be half the player he is if he didn't get stuck in - and I don't mean diving around the place and flying into tackles, because he's more than that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed

I watched the match last night against AC Milan, first half Chelsea were by far the better team, Duff and Robben on the counter attack looked threatening everytime, Eidur was very impressive again in his centre midfield type role. Whoever said Geremi was crap i have 2 disagree, he was very solid defensively and some very good passing, Johnson was worse imo. SWP looked very impressive, i didnt think he was as fast as he is, 5 yard lead Nesta had on him and he jus jogged round him lol, looks promising.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boroboi:

Who scored the goal? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Robben, angled ball in from Makelele, low shot to the keepers left bottom corner.

Watching the highlights they should of had more with Drogba missing a header (no surprise there).

You 2 are talking some $hit right now... Makelele is probably the softest midfielder in the Premiership. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's talking what now? icon_confused.gif

Thats why i slated you, because that right there is a load of b*llocks. icon14.gif

Makekelele isnt a typical hard type midfielder tho, he doesnt need to be. Rarely do you see him flying into a 50:50 challenge, he just sits and plugs the gaps in their back line or if they are caught out giving a sly foul away to relieve the pressure. I wouldnt put him into the hard man midfield role at all, he just goes about his business effectively for the team.

He's solid. Nuff said.

And according to Lampard, has the biggest penis he's seen on a man. icon_biggrin.gif

My point is, that Disposable Razor, or whatever his name is said he was the softest player in the premiership. That's cack from an alleged season ticket holder.

Archived