Jump to content

FM18 Midsomer Flat 442 Knap


Recommended Posts

Wanted to take the time to thank you for this awsome tactic.
Am a huge man city fan and this tactic beat all my previous fm 13 to fm 17 records.
 

It achieved 114 points second season which is quite incredible. won all trophies too
Sane jesus sterling are just custom made for this tactic, i strongly recommend it if u like to play with city

Thanks again knapp

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea man utd were a real pain. Btw i scored a lot on corner and there were a lot of penalties too. especially on the 114 season with some 2 1 or 1 0 wins. corner setups are really good on this tactic.

anyway keep up the good work and thank you again for making us enjoy the game each year.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the corners work because of having wingers compared to narrow tactics.

Only 2 draws in that all conquering season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i believe you need specific players for this tactic, having tested quite a few different dudes. especially the f9, wide midfielders( winger) and wing backs. having tried it with other teams i didn t get the same results. IF oriented players don t work and advanced forward type strikers don t work either.
Hope that helps you. good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Removed all injuries
  • Removed all loans
  • Removed all bans
  • Removed all media stuff
  • Occurrence ratio for all injuries set to 0.000001
  • Removed every other competition, team and person in the whole world to increase testing speed
  • Removed the need to register players in the league
  • Added Transfer Embargo for all clubs
  • Modified all players in the league to have 10 in "Important Matches"
  • Modified all players in the league to have 20 in "Loyalty"
  • Modified all players in the league to have 20 in "Professionalism"
  • Modified all players in the league to have 20 in "Adaptability"
  • Modified all players in the league to have 20 in "Consistency"
  • Modified all players in the league to have 1 in "Injury Proneness"
  • All staff in the two test teams have 200 Current Ability
  • Removed all PPM's (Player Preferred Moves) for all players in the two test teams.
  • Added the German language on all players (so that they can understand each other)
  • Made all players retire after season, to avoid unhappiness
  • Set all players nationality to the same as the league to avoid homesickness/unhappiness
  • Set test teams' "Tactical Attributes" to 10
  • Set test teams' reputation to match their expected position in the league.

How can a tactic be tested like this and then be expected to be used to play the game as this is unrealistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to start a new save because I was waiting for your 4-4-2. Anyway I made a few changes:

- I change wide midfielders  to support duty because I felt Salah and Mane were advancing too much and making the team lose the midfield battle. 

- I removed offside and change defensive line to normal. 

 

And the result were:

axnE7pj_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

 

qpo2rvp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

 

buz9PA5.jpg

- 11 winning streak. 

- 0 goal conceded in league and UCL while facing Napoli, Arsenal, Real Madrid and Man city (the last two were away matches)

- Dominating City, Arsenal and Napoli 

- Real Madrid match was tricky because I dominated the first 70 min and could have easily been 5 or 6 ( fm18 to rescue) but the last 20min was hell, I could have easily conceded a goal or two. 

Tactic changed to be made:

I will start experimenting with deep lying forward role.

Players changes: 

Salah is kind of underperforming. Although he has 8 rating but the shooting to much and rarely cross. But I still have no idea which player I’m going to replace him with.

Firmino’s lack of pace sometimes bothers me. I might buy Werner to replace him or maybe jesus if city willing to let go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I Did you try a SUS against Real?

Interesting tweaks will look at those later and have a Lpool test game.

Edited by knap
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, knap said:

I Did you try a SUS against Real?

Interesting tweaks will look at those later and have a Lpool test game.

Against RM I used the same tactic with defensive line and WM in support role

I played few matches with the deep lying forward and it appears it is somewhat effective against bus parking team that uses 5 at defense. But  further testing and tweaking is required of course for deep lying forward role. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is FMT so no editor. This is not ideal and would be better to at least minimise  injuries for all teams.

The testing league is to control variables and applies to all teams in league, so the test will always be best side against best side, in order to compare tactics. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, knap said:

It is FMT so no editor. This is not ideal and would be better to at least minimise  injuries for all teams.

The testing league is to control variables and applies to all teams in league, so the test will always be best side against best side, in order to compare tactics. 

knap, the 442 midsomer, 424 beowulf and 343 wof works at the 18.1.3?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, knap said:

May be better to try 3 at back away.

 

Well then it's not a 442, the system is the most important for me, i just dont download the best tactic and use that, if i dont like the system.

Nest season i try to play counter away and switch the WB to S and a much deeper def line.

Edited by Herbie2100
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, knap said:

Did you identify any particular problems away? Conceding from any particular area?

Yeah i would say that in both home and away games, 75% of the goals come from a  deep midfield pass past my defenders and their strikers scoring one on one.

So 2 solutions, sit deeper or stop the pass from their midfield . i will try the first, because i dont know how to fix the second one :-D

 

i Think the problem is, both CD is stopper, so they push high up + a much higher def line, it's just to high

Edited by Herbie2100
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, knap said:

It is in OP but was added later so you may have missed it 1 st time round.

 

4 minutes ago, knap said:

I posted a tactic with a dropped D Line, as the high line of original could be a problem.

Cool i will try it next season.

Think i did pretty good with West Brom, close to CHL with one game left. Hope away games will be better next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ME doesn't seem to like 442 - I'm sure I saw a three where someone won PL in 1st season with Palace with a 442.

Switching the WM to Support is a good tactic for away games, it basically plays like a solid 442, the WM(A) makes it like a 424.

As always Knap, great work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2017 at 11:24, BamBamBam said:
  • Removed all injuries
  • Removed all loans
  • Removed all bans
  • Removed all media stuff
  • Occurrence ratio for all injuries set to 0.000001
  • Removed every other competition, team and person in the whole world to increase testing speed
  • Removed the need to register players in the league
  • Added Transfer Embargo for all clubs
  • Modified all players in the league to have 10 in "Important Matches"
  • Modified all players in the league to have 20 in "Loyalty"
  • Modified all players in the league to have 20 in "Professionalism"
  • Modified all players in the league to have 20 in "Adaptability"
  • Modified all players in the league to have 20 in "Consistency"
  • Modified all players in the league to have 1 in "Injury Proneness"
  • All staff in the two test teams have 200 Current Ability
  • Removed all PPM's (Player Preferred Moves) for all players in the two test teams.
  • Added the German language on all players (so that they can understand each other)
  • Made all players retire after season, to avoid unhappiness
  • Set all players nationality to the same as the league to avoid homesickness/unhappiness
  • Set test teams' "Tactical Attributes" to 10
  • Set test teams' reputation to match their expected position in the league.

How can a tactic be tested like this and then be expected to be used to play the game as this is unrealistic.

I don't think you understand what the purpose of testing like this is. It's not realism but comparability between his own tactics. It's the same with Mr.L's tactic testing, they try to eliminate as many not tactic related variables as possible to ensure that random injury streaks or player issues don't have a large influence on testing tactic A and no B or whatever tactic he is at.

It certainly makes sense to test in this way if you want to compare just the tactics but of course you are right saying that the results aren't realistic, but they give a good indication on which of his tactics do the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...