FM18 Midsomer Flat 442 Knap

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is just a normal save, there is nothing special. Start unemployed, holiday to 1st game of season, and take over any club. The test league is modified to test tactics against each other, and I leave that to others.

This tactic is working wonders for me on my Monterry and Brighton saves. Better than BlueMatter or 433 on any of my other saves, and more fluid than any of the strikerless tactics of last year. I use a tweaked version of Volante-Anchor (pulling on of the F9 to AM-A) for bigger teams or when teams are the bus, other than that its Midsomer all the way.

Most importantly I love the way it plays, with WMs and F9s folding in and out of play nicely, and beautiful crosses from WBs (been a while since I've had a nice tactic with crossing). CMs don't feel incapable agains 3-man midfields (442s weak point). Only weak point for me so far is the WBs bombing too far forward and getting caught out, this can be counteracted with S or D duty but it definitely takes away from the attack. I suspect quick WBs with decent mentals like Work Rate etc could also counteract this.

Thank you Knap

• 3 weeks later...

Ran a little dry in my Monterry save but have now won 4 titles using a hybrid of Midsomer and Volante (simply pulling down CM-D to Segundo Volante-S). Tried a few other tweaks but only one that has stuck is changing ST-R to a Complete Forward on Support. That tweak drastically improved my strikers performances, F9 has more space and CF-S is a more spearhead outlet for crosses, also finding space out wide occasionally and supplying crosses (this striker needs half-decent Jumping Reach and Anticipation). Since that tweak I haven't had to change anything and results have just streamed in!

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler
13 dakika önce, knap said:

Hedef insan ve kanat rolü bu kadar iyi çalışmaz ve diğer rollerle karşılaştırıldığında daha iyi performans gösterir. Genelde taktik roller oyunculara verilen rollerden daha önemlidir.

Elimde bir 92pt taktik olan bir Hedef Adam'la bir Volante 442 var.

!! FM18MMVOLANTE442KnapP103TMPOACHP92.fmf

@knap  I would like to thank a similar tactic

dOkyWV.jpg

Edited by huseyinbayram19

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

knap, I've been using a 442 from 18.2 pretty much  exclusively with great success. I must be blind, I can't find it posted here anywhere but here is the tactic as you named it:

5a6e21119d8b7_!!FM18.2.2MM442KnapP100.fmf

I'm coaching AC Milan with a quality squad. I dominate Serie A and win most CL matches except against top clubs and coaches in Europe that give me trouble, like Mourinho at Man U. 

What 442 tactic(s) would you currently recommend against the toughest competition? One using Volante?

Thanks

In OP 2nd tactic as been updated to 18.3. Volante is based on MM 442 but more defensive, and Anchor being most defensive

Edited by knap

Knap - Which would you say is the best of your tactics for Everton? I tried Ash but didn't have much luck and quit after a few games anyway.

Also are any of your tactics lower intensity? I know high intensity works great in leagues but I tried ash during the world cup and my players were almost dead from match to match and there is no option to rest them as an international manager. Although it did work great and got me to the final but my best players were unable to play in it due to tiredness and Brazil scored a lucky goal.

1 minute ago, knap said:

This is a Cup Final with West Ham (FM17) showing the amount of tiredness you can play with and still win.

588a39fd48351_WestHamvArsenal_OverviewOverview.png.c1bb2f4698bd16827c8f3a3c62f7b2e5.thumb.png.371abd4f2810d0210800271519541c40.png

True. A few of my players were injured and Brazil got pretty lucky too.

13 minutes ago, knap said:

I would try underdog Volante.

Thanks. I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

When underdog try VOLATE ANCHOR, ARGUS 343 . When Top Try BLUE MATTER 433 or most other tactics.

Alternative Try GOODBYE 4231 Home Tactic and GOODBYE 451 Away. These are White Europe tweaks in GOODBYE 4231 Thread.

You may need to send me your game.

If not FMT you should put tactic in the 3 slots and play at least 10 games to make fluid.

Let AM take training team talks and all press, but no OIs.

Replaying games is not a good idea as other factors may be involved,

The latest is always 1st tactic in OP, but you need to change it from attacking to counter. The  AI started on full attack and when stung on the break changed to counter themselves which nullified their dominance.

• 1 month later...