High injury risk issue

Hi all,

So it seems I've constantly got 5+ players out injured, and the medical report is constantly telling me a load of players are 'Very high injury risk' status.  

It's because of the training workload, now the thing is training has never interested me in FM, so I've always left that to my backroom team - I have fairly good staff (managing Ipswich in the Prem), so I'd expect them to manage this a little better?  Is this an issue for others?  I really don't want to be forced into delving into training as like I say it just doesn't interest me and will slow me down.

Just leave training on Average, that tends to remove the issue. If you are running higher training, you need to rest your players a lot more (and you should probably be resting your players who have Heavy match load for a couple of days after a match anyway).

I don't know if it's a bug or what it was like in previous games but i found the hard way that you should never let your staff do training for you or much else, the AI seems to be really stupid. They set team training to very high and individual training to heavy leading to 3 instantaneous injuries. I can only imagine what would have happened if i didn't pay attention, probably my entire squad would've been injured before the season start.

Another problem i have is that the assistant manager, u23 manager and u18 manager are supposed to be arranging friendlies but i have yet to see them do that. I have only 3 friendlies pre-season for my senior squad so clearly i need more, i don't know if he waits until last second or if the feature is not working at all. I guess that's another thing i need to take care of myself.

Little bit off-topic rant there but so far AI in this game has been bad.

• SI Staff

It would be worth raising anything that appears wrong to you in the bugs forum, found here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/582-football-manager-2018-bugs-forum/

27 minutes ago, Rancor said:

Another problem i have is that the assistant manager, u23 manager and u18 manager are supposed to be arranging friendlies but i have yet to see them do that. I have only 3 friendlies pre-season for my senior squad so clearly i need more, i don't know if he waits until last second or if the feature is not working at all. I guess that's another thing i need to take care of myself.

I believe that friendly arrangements is a known issue, but certainly worth raising your example in our bugs section along with accompanying save so that we can confirm that this is the case.

Regarding staff running training, staff have different styles/preferences (can be seen on their profile) which will inform the training decisions they make, there is also a hidden 'Hardness of Training' attribute, which does what it says on the tin. It would be worth paying attention to these when deciding on how to approach training.

16 hours ago, mrdanbartlett said:

So it seems I've constantly got 5+ players out injured, and the medical report is constantly telling me a load of players are 'Very high injury risk' status.  

5/6 is about average, so no issue there. Players being at a high risk of injury is of course not ideal in the long term but in the shorter term it is unavoidable if not even acceptable if you wish to push your players in training; harder training = more likelihood of attribute improvements, but of course harder training also means more likelihood of injuries, as is to be expected.

Archived