Serie A Non-EU Transfer/Registration FM18. What Am I Not Understanding?

Correct if I'm wrong, but in previous versions if we attempted to acquire a Non-EU player and the current squad was already at the limit for that season of Non-EU Registration, there would be a red prompt at the bottom of the transfer screen warning you that you could not register that player for the current season IF the transfer/loan went through. 

Before acquiring this player I saw this and assumed I had one NON-EU slot remaining this year:

Benedetto.thumb.png.0f52d4eb156203ee1143eabf63ecd369.png

The transfer went through and I received this message:

Tarnsfer_Delay_Ben.thumb.png.9f11341b231603c6b633fbcd560a607a.png

Can't register him of course:

Registration_Ben.thumb.png.964f48bc460baf64ded2910cb918d505.png

So what am I missing here? Has the message for Non-EU limits in the Transfer screen been moved?? Help out an idiot please. :(

Thanks in advance

15 hours ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Correct if I'm wrong, but in previous versions if we attempted to acquire a Non-EU player and the current squad was already at the limit for that season of Non-EU Registration, there would be a red prompt at the bottom of the transfer screen warning you that you could not register that player for the current season IF the transfer/loan went through. 

Before acquiring this player I saw this and assumed I had one NON-EU slot remaining this year:

Benedetto.thumb.png.0f52d4eb156203ee1143eabf63ecd369.png

The transfer went through and I received this message:

Tarnsfer_Delay_Ben.thumb.png.9f11341b231603c6b633fbcd560a607a.png

Can't register him of course:

Registration_Ben.thumb.png.964f48bc460baf64ded2910cb918d505.png

So what am I missing here? Has the message for Non-EU limits in the Transfer screen been moved?? Help out an idiot please. :(

Thanks in advance

Sounds and looks like a bug mate get it reported. I had a similar fault but with AS Roma. 

Yeah, definitely a bug.  From reading I thought you meant the message had gone, but it's there and looks wrong.  Who are your two non-EU currently?  Is there anything special about them?  Could be the bug there, or could just be that the transfer screen is counting wrongly.  Definitely should be uploaded though.

2 hours ago, monkeywool said:

I'm guessing Dalbert is the issue as he's probably not been added to the squad in the registration screen as he's only just joined IRL so he's not played for them yet in game.

Dalbert was already registered when I put in the transfer for Benedetto and is taking up the one Non-EU slot. That should leave one more slot remaining. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Dalbert was already registered when I put in the transfer for Benedetto and is taking up the one Non-EU slot. That should leave one more slot remaining. 

Thanks

You've also got Yuto Nagatomo and Assane Gnoukouri, both who have been with Inter for a while longer. The former who's selected in the squad.

Now I could be wrong and they are the ones not registered as they're already at the club before 1/7/17 come to think of it. Maybe the game is registering Dalbert as a non eu correctly and not recognising they are there from the transfer screen but are on the news screen. 

Either way it's a bug, for sure. 

Serie A rules about extra EU players are more complicated than just ''max 2 players''.
For example : 
-Teams who had more than 2 extra eu players in the season before (16-17) can buy others 2 but one of them had to play  in total at least 5 matches with his NT o for at least 2 matches in the last year'. The other can be whoever but had to be in substitution of another extra eu player in the team''.
-Teams who had 2 extra eu players in the season before (16/17) can buy max 2 extra eu players. Same rules of above but the first player doesn't need to have played in the NT.
Etc  :) 

Here you can many infos here (articles in italian):
http://it.eurosport.com/calcio/serie-a/2016-2017/liste-serie-a-2017-18-tra-extracomunitari-vivai-e-italiani-come-sono-messe-le-squadre_sto6224226/story.shtml
http://it.eurosport.com/calcio/serie-a/2017-2018/le-nuove-liste-tra-extracomunitari-vivai-e-italiani-come-sono-messe-le-squadre_sto6274168/story.shtml

If I missunderstood your problem sorry :D 
Unfortunately serie A rules about extra eu are too bad. Fortunately at least we can buy the ones playing in Italy without limits :D 

@ParanoidBuddha, thanks for posting that. The rules are very confusing.

21 hours ago, TCSawyer said:

I play with Inter, Dalbert is the problem here. You actually are told on the first screen (in the news) when you load up about Dalbert filling the spot. 

So are you saying this is a bug and Dalbert is taking up the last spot but it's not registered?

Archived