FM18: Leeds Utd - MOT

Here is a thread for exchange of stories/info etc for anyone starting an FM18 Leeds Utd save

I am just completing pre-season on my save. Squad looks like this

5a0996ba2da79_LeedsUnited_PlayersPlayers-2.thumb.png.19c6a8461e5e2229fe3d2cb3b5c77b2a.png

Observations:-

GK

Wiedwald looks ok and has performed well in friendlies. Lonergan (not in above screenshot) may be useful as backup only

Defence

Needed improving a lot. Jansson is only real star, followed by Ayling who has not done that well in friendlies. Cooper looks only useful but CBJ may be ok.

Pennington and Berardi start game injured for a few months. time will tell

Have recruited Sebastien Bassong on a free to fill a gaping hole at DC. Also signed Arthur Boka on a free for the DL/WBL gap and Marnick Vermijl for 200k as general backup at DL/DR

Midfield

Vieira starts as good but his potential is superb/star player. Need to develop him carefully

Anita is very good and I think will be better in midfield rather than at DL/DR. I wish that he was used in midfield in real life

Okane and Philips only good but latter has better potential than expected. Klich has been injured

Shaughnessy needs developing also. Not sure whether to do this as a DC or MC

Have recruited Jan Kirchhoff on a free as a DMC but also can play DC and MC. This appears to have been the bargain signing of pre-season, as his value now showing as 9m

Attacking Midfield

Looks strongest area of the team

Hernandez and Saiz both VG with Alioski superb. Dallas and Roofe both good with latter having VG potential. Sacko and Cibicki both fairly good with some potential

I have high hopes for this area of the team and will be using a 4 2 3 1 to (hopefully) take full advantage. See below for comments on tactics to be used

Striker

Lasogga has good stats and showing as VG. Has scored a few good goals in pre season but that was only against  lower Portugese teams whilst I was on tour. I am hopeful that he will prove worthy of his substantial wages of 25k per week and the monthly fee of 160k!!

I did consider cancelling his loan but searching for good replacements proved difficult. I decided to stick with him. I just hope that he performs better than in real life when he has just drifted around for the last couple of games without appearing to put any effort in. The few goals he got early on seem a long way away now

Roofe and Cibicki will have to cover as striker until something better presents itself

Finance

Transfer funds of approx 5.5m available at start, with a bit left in the wage budget

*Essential tip* - There is just over a million to be had from selling future transfer clauses re Luke Garbutt. 75% of this then available for transfers

Scouting

Upgraded to the Europe package but then had to ask the board to extend the range of scouting. Board initially said no but I persisted and said it would be better for the club. It was then approved

Staff

I think that some of these have variable stats and I wasn't happy with the Asst Man, Head of Youth Dev and some coaches. Had a bit of a clearout

Signed Ray Wilkins as Asst Manager, Phil Cannon as Head of Youth Dev (Absolutely amazing stats), and Kevin Keen and Patrick Kluivert as coaches

Also upgraded and added to Physios

Some trimming of recruitment team also necessary to keep board happy

Tactics

Having read Cleon's excellent posts on the 4 2 3 1 in the tactics forum, I have adopted this as my starting point. I am using a DM version and will see how this goes. For the 2 DMs I will be using Anita, Kirchhoff and Vieira. Slightly concerned that the likes of Okane/Philips/Klich are going to get annoyed but will deal with that when it happens. Hopefully the team's strengths in the AM area will make this a successful tactic

Transfers

My transfers in may seem a bit unadventurous but I found it very difficult to find and attract players I wanted in the defence and striking areas. Quite a few of my targets failed at the player stage having got the clubs on board. Also faced a bit of an inconsistency in getting a player on loan from Man Utd. Axel Tuanzebe (apologies if spelling incorrect) was available on loan but Man Utd were unwilling to loan out to a rival club despite Leeds already having one of their players on loan (CBJ)

I still have most of my funds available and will see what else I can do prior to the transfer deadline

No players sold yet

Looking forward to a good season. I am hoping it does not mirror the way the real life one is going!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much the same for me. Alioski and Saiz both on fire. Lasogga got injured and Grot is just not doing anything for me. 
Signed Michael Lindeman as Ass Man. Top of table after 5 matches and would be much more comfortable if I could have got a good lone Striker. Signed Rossi after reading the 2017 thread but waiting for his injury to clear up too.

Same boat as you guys, not much funds to start with unlike some of the other championship teams. Defence is a huge focus area as cannot relay on Pontus 'Magic' Jansson to do it all by himself.

I brought in the following :-

Hugo Basto from Arouca on a season long loan and hes my 1st choice pairing with Jansson

Nuno Valente from Arouca (825k) looks like a good championship level Attacking Mid

Helder Ferreira from Vit.Guimaraes on a season long loan as back up for Saiz and Alioski

Mauro Bustamante on a free transfer but didn't get his work permit, so sending him on load in the hope I get one after the next 120 days as he looks a decent striker

Adam Maher from PSV for £1.1 Millon - My biggest expense this transfer window so far but has slotted into my 1st team perfectly

So far I'm 3rd in the Championship having won 3 and drawn 1

Transfers 2017.jpg

Evening

Spent a bunch of time scouting as per normal looking for a couple of missing pieces.  Just about to get into the season proper.

Lasogga was sent back, along with Borthwick-Jackson.  I'm not a huge fan of loans with no option to buy, and Lasogga in particular was very expensive.

Happy with the 2 signings brought in, one i found in the Beta Alex Gersbach - a 20 year old left back who looks like he could be easy good enough for 2-3 seasons, probably longer as a back up.

One I just found in the Kosovan national team, Hekuran Kryeziu.  Managed to get him for £2.1m, which is a lot by first season Leeds standards, but looks like he has some bite and will be my primary ball winner.  Quite excited by him to be honest and if all else fails I'll make money on him for certain.

So, Bolton away to start...

Edited by macca72
13 hours ago, macca72 said:

Evening

Spent a bunch of time scouting as per normal looking for a couple of missing pieces.  Just about to get into the season proper.

Lasogga was sent back, along with Borthwick-Jackson.  I'm not a huge fan of loans with no option to buy, and Lasogga in particular was very expensive.

Happy with the 2 signings brought in, one i found in the Beta Alex Gersbach - a 20 year old left back who looks like he could be easy good enough for 2-3 seasons, probably longer as a back up.

One I just found in the Kosovan national team, Hekuran Kryeziu.  Managed to get him for £2.1m, which is a lot by first season Leeds standards, but looks like he has some bite and will be my primary ball winner.  Quite excited by him to be honest and if all else fails I'll make money on him for certain.

Good to see this year's thread up and running. Line Macca I've spent time looking for players and also attempting to sell players from the existing squad. I've found the latter to be impossible and I'm unsure at this point if this is intentional for the game this year or not. Identifying players who clubs are prepared to sell, or get work permits or are better than the existing squad is also proving very difficult. As I can't move players on, I'm going to limit myself to five or so additions and these will be DL, DR, DC, MC, ST. Of these I'll definitely be in for Gersbach at DL - good find Macca. I'll post my recruitment later.

I have just finished season one and limped over the line as Champions! :D. I was 7 points clear with 7 games to go but suffered horrific injuries to key players and endup up having 3 players from my U23 getting starts for the run in- not ideal! I got most of the first team back for the last game of the season where a draw against QPR was enough, just!

table.thumb.jpg.eece22f2c71eaacea2dc19f6b9f032fd.jpg

The squad is well suited to 4-2-3-1, but I prefer to play 4-3-1-2, so as I ended up going down that path an unexpected squad overhaul took place as I searched for the correct balance and some more consistency to the team.

transfers.thumb.jpg.111a28989d97161fb0cd4e51a250b03d.jpg

It is worth noting that OKane and Shipplock are both on their way out too (deals agreed, but havent actually left yet) and Roofe is also up for sale. I definitely wouldnt sign Nugent or Shipplock again- both not good enough and as a result i blooded this young man a lot towards the end of the season... 

temen.thumb.jpg.1b475c82ff47b87e5f7acaa7cdcd4f90.jpg

I also cleared out the backroom staff and signed all my own becasue quite frankly most of them werent good enough.

The switch in midfield was key to getting some consistency and finding a way to get Saiz, Hernandez and Alioski into the same team playing 4-3-1-2. Firstly Alioski was retrained to be a False 9 and play off Lasogga- I had to play him as a target man attack because I found him dire in any other role. He scored a fair few goals, but I wont be signing him. Hernandez play as the number 10 with Saiz as a Mezzala alongside a deep playmaker on defend (Viera, Watson or Cook- yes I got him back on loan in Jan!) and Phillips as a Carrilero.

So on to next season, the board have given me £35m and an extra £200k per week in wages to spend, moving to Cat 1 academy and improving the training ground.

We are heading in the right direction, but I need a new GK, CB (x2), CM and striker x2 to have a chance of staying up.

Edited by Coolio5

So, first window signings.

Players:

Dede, DC at CEC £500K.

Alex Gersbach, DL Rosenberg £525K. Thanks Macca.

Saleh Gomaa, MC at Al Alhy £350K.

Thalles, ST at VDG £1.9M.

Angelo Henriquez, ST at Dinamo £975K.

Juan Ignacio Duma, AMR/L/ST free.

Yarouba Cissako, DR free.

I was amazed that Dede would come and took a pay cut to do so.  All got work permits where needed, Dede, Gomaa & Henriquez immediately and Thalles at appeal. Duma & Cissako are squad players.

Staff:

Phil Cannon 4* shooting.

Sergio Zanetti 4* attacking.

Massimo Neri 4.5* fitness.

Physio

Andy Renshaw, better than what you start with.

Scouts:

Derek Langley (20 scouting on PA, 17 scouting on CA ), but limited knowlege.

Joost Volmer (13/13) but good scouting knowledge.

Mar Van Osselaer (13/13) again good scouting knowledge.

Barry Simmonds (15/12) again good scouting knowledge.

So, a better scouting range to identify targets with Langley to look them over.

I've not replaced the Ass Man or HoYD at game start as I'm hoping that better candidates will become available.

Best bit of advice I can offer is cancelling Lasogga’s loan ASAP then offering him another loan a week or so later, got his wages down to 20% wage contribution, no fee!

I also got Ajer in on loan from Celtic to parter Pontus, with a 6.25 mil future fee, currently my best averaging player

Evening gents, come back to this version after an absence of a couple of years!

First season didn't really want to change too much (plus the squad is good enough anyway). Also brought in Ajer on loan for the season, as well as Ben Watson from Watford to add some quality in midfield. Playing a 4-2-3-1, much like in real life and finished 2nd comfortably, losing the title in stoppage time on the last day of the season when Ipswich scored a 96th minute winner.

As mentioned above, offered 34 mill budget and 550k p/w wages. Wages have been the real problem, plenty of decent cheapish players out there but 550k doesn't stretch far, had to tinker about with the budgets a bit.

Vieira, Jansson and Saiz still 1st team starters in March 2019, with a few hanging around as squad players. Rajkovic a quality signing in goal, Iheanacho on loan from Leicester 3rd top scorer in the league so far, but without doubt my best find was Tobias Svendsen (1.2 mil from Molde) and Nedelcu in midfield from Bucharest.

Had a few very rocky runs, but currently sitting in 13th, 13 points clear of the drop with 7 games left.

Also had a notification that due to Brexit from the summer of 2019 the old work permit system is going and been replaced by a maximum of 14 foreign players quota (not including EU nationals already in your squad before summer 2019.

Exciting summer ahead!

Evening all

Found another player worth a mention, was playing Cordoba in my final pre-season friendly and had a mooch through the squad.  If you're playing 3 at the back or want an extra central defender take a look at Jose Antonio Caro, he can also play naturally at right back.  Looks good and can be had for 750k.

I've signed him for back up so Shaughnessy can get time in the reserves as I don't fully trust him.

Bad news is Gersbach got injured for 4 months - hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Edited by macca72

Currently In January in my Second Season. I destroyed the championship in my first season. 105 points which was annoying i was only 2 off beating the Sunderland record!

During my championship run i played my old faithful 4-1-2-2-1 with (Bizarrely) Kemar Roofe absolutely killing it as my Complete Forward.

Premier league proved a much tougher start, first time in a long time that the AI has worked out how to counter my formation, but i see it as a good thing as  the game is far more interesting this year.

Huge recruitment drive in the summer , and only now starting to gel. Sitting 6th in January. Cant be unhappy with that.

19 hours ago, Mardy said:

Best bit of advice I can offer is cancelling Lasogga’s loan ASAP then offering him another loan a week or so later, got his wages down to 20% wage contribution, no fee!

Ha, nice work. Unfortunately I might have to look at that as a bug, but possibly shows how we really overpaid for him in reality. Originally we backed out of the deal due to his wages, but with Wood gone and the window shutting I think we were left with little choice if we wanted an "established" striker through the door.

So my 1st season done and dusted...finished 2nd after beating 3rd place QPR in the final game of the season. Won my last three games to close a 5 point gap to 2nd place

Signing of the season has to have been Adam Maher (AM/C) from PSV - £1.1 million, 42 games, 7 goals, 16 assists and 7 Man of the Match and Hugo Basto (D/C) from Arouca for an intial loan of £79k for the season but was made permanent in January 17 for £1.2 million

Player of the season was Kemar Roofe who was played as an advanced forward and hit an incredible 31 goals in 41 games including 5 goals in a 6 - 0 defeat of Notts Forest

Onto pre-season and looking to strengthen the squad to keep us in the Premier League

Lewis Cook is unhappy at Bournemouth as he wants 1st team games and Everton have just been relegated, so might be few pickings from that team

New Goalkeeper, striker, left back, right back and central defender and possibly attack mid/winger needed I think

final league table.jpg

Welcome Marcos Llorente! 2.3 million :eek: absolute bargain. 30K wages, joins Jan 2018. 

Perhaps could of got him on a free but there was a lot of clubs sniffing around.

Scouts already rate him a good prem player, with 5 star potential

5a16edbe3c420_ScreenShot2017-11-23at15_47_07.thumb.png.baacc501b0b59f15ea17392b0e6c5eea.png

11 hours ago, Mardy said:

Welcome Marcos Llorente! 2.3 million :eek: absolute bargain. 30K wages, joins Jan 2018. 

Perhaps could of got him on a free but there was a lot of clubs sniffing around.

Scouts already rate him a good prem player, with 5 star potential

5a16edbe3c420_ScreenShot2017-11-23at15_47_07.thumb.png.baacc501b0b59f15ea17392b0e6c5eea.png

Absolutely brilliant. He scores loads of goals for me from long shots

Just started with Leeds. No signings, giving the youth a chance where needed such as McKay at CB to cover Jansson.

Beat Bolton 5-1 in first game, Alioski with a hat-trick and then beat Lincoln 4-2 in the cup. Played Preston and they equalised in the 92nd min.

Need a new striker and hoping Ekuban can start scoring too. I'm playing Saiz just off him, Alioski on the right and Hernandez on the left and they are a danger every game.

On 11/20/2017 at 06:45, macca72 said:

Evening

Gersbach is a great player for us Aussies. He will be a future premier league player

So, season 2 and now in the Premier League. Here were my incomings and outgoings.

transfers.thumb.jpg.aee8625ea9b7206ff48c25993849761a.jpg

Signing the two young forwards from Italy go aginst my principles really- much rather I was developing my own players, but I needed some cost effective quality up front. Cutrone has been brilliant so far.... 10 in 10. They will sell him to me for £40m so thats one for next season maybe.

cutrone.thumb.jpg.9a7c175ff116b3b546840324264890ae.jpg

Dwight Gayle has done well for me too. Nedlecu joins in jan when he recovers from his cruciate injury to add further competition to my midfield. Jack Stephens been excellent at the back too.

Decent start to the season, but the fixture list has been kind to me so far. Narrow loss at Arsenal was dissapointing and unjust! 

results.thumb.jpg.aa7e09570839dfb2f289e969452c81c4.jpg

Edited by Coolio5

Hi,

I'm will play with leeds, using a 3-4-3 based tactic with Saiz (AF role) and Alioski (CF role) as strikers.

But I'm having dificulties to have enough english players in the team.

What do you guys suggest for first buys?

I need a left WB, maybe a right  WB (anita maybe can do the job as backup) and probabily a striker, because I don't like the type of loan with Lasogga (to expensive).

For the CB, I will get Bassong and Ajer.

7 hours ago, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

I'm will play with leeds, using a 3-4-3 based tactic with Saiz (AF role) and Alioski (CF role) as strikers.

But I'm having dificulties to have enough english players in the team.

What do you guys suggest for first buys?

I need a left WB, maybe a right  WB (anita maybe can do the job as backup) and probabily a striker, because I don't like the type of loan with Lasogga (to expensive).

For the CB, I will get Bassong and Ajer.

Luke Ayling has been excellent for me as fbA. Had the chance to bring Byram back but decided not to.

Cooper and Pontus are both decent for championship although i moved Cooper on as soon as i got promoted. 

Strikers- tough when in championship.

1 hour ago, Coolio5 said:

Luke Ayling has been excellent for me as fbA. Had the chance to bring Byram back but decided not to.

Cooper and Pontus are both decent for championship although i moved Cooper on as soon as i got promoted. 

Strikers- tough when in championship.

WBR Petter Strand (great squad all rounder) & will cost around £700K.

WBL Naser Aliji decent enough for a free.

DC Diego Polenta (£600k & agent buy out), Cleberson (£825K) at ATP gets w/p at appeal.

ST Thalles (£1.9M) VDG w/p on appeal, Eduardo Sasha (£3M) INT (In Brazilian 2nd division now) has an Italian second nationality and is a top player.

Hi guys, 

I'm doing a career with leeds where I attempt to recreate the team of my childhood; O'Leary's Leeds. It's great fun and going really well surprisingly! I didn't expect the current side to play well in a 4-4-2, but they have and we find ourselves 3rd in the middle of December. If you want to read more, it's here:

My question though, is has anybody replaced Lasogga with a like for like? I've kept him as he makes sense to sue as my Viduka, but he just doesn't score. He gets so many chances in my team but his record is appalling, only 2 goals by mid december. As it stands I'm going to send him back and play either Ekuban or Grot, but I'd rather get somebody else in. What I don't understand is his attributes are amazing for this level, but he can't hit a barn door. 

1 hour ago, Ellandroadhero said:

Hi guys, 

I'm doing a career with leeds where I attempt to recreate the team of my childhood; O'Leary's Leeds. It's great fun and going really well surprisingly! I didn't expect the current side to play well in a 4-4-2, but they have and we find ourselves 3rd in the middle of December. If you want to read more, it's here:

My question though, is has anybody replaced Lasogga with a like for like? I've kept him as he makes sense to sue as my Viduka, but he just doesn't score. He gets so many chances in my team but his record is appalling, only 2 goals by mid december. As it stands I'm going to send him back and play either Ekuban or Grot, but I'd rather get somebody else in. What I don't understand is his attributes are amazing for this level, but he can't hit a barn door. 

Daniel Ciofani mate, much better IMO and cheaper. Loan with I think a 1.8 optional fee

13 hours ago, Mardy said:

Daniel Ciofani mate, much better IMO and cheaper. Loan with I think a 1.8 optional fee

I can’t seem to find him. I’ve got a large database on and everything? I’m having no luck signing Thalles either as he won’t even speak to me. Also I need. RM now as I sold Dallas for 10m and I’m playing a 442... 

HI Guys,

Miles behind you all as i have only just got the game (Only have the Demo till payday :()

Looking at the team a staff overhaul is needed?

Any Advice for the long season ahead?

What Database are people using?

Used every CM and FM going apart from last years so just catching up on new additions to the game. Is there anything worth noting in this department?

I got promoted in my first season playing a 442. Surprisingly Ekuban and Roofe were my main scorers after I sent Lasogga back in January as he couldn’t hit a barn door. 

First season in the prem, I’ve signed Albrighton to play on the right, although Saiz is pushing him there, Butland in goal, Zahore and Hugill up top. The strikers aren’t what I hoped for, but Hugill has hit the ground running and has 4 goals in the first 4 games, so I can’t complain! 

I’m still shocked that the squad worked in a 442, but it has been great! 

Evening

Need some help here...

Won the Championship breaking all sorts of records and am now trying to build a squad capable of competing.  I need a Striker and a right Winger, been searching for a while and can't quite seem to find anything that fits or who will join, any recommendations?

1 hour ago, macca72 said:

Evening

Need some help here...

Won the Championship breaking all sorts of records and am now trying to build a squad capable of competing.  I need a Striker and a right Winger, been searching for a while and can't quite seem to find anything that fits or who will join, any recommendations?

Cutrone on loan from AC Milan? I got him on loan season 2 and he was excellent. Bought him for £35m as soon as start of season 3 budgets were set.

Edited by Coolio5
20 minutes ago, Coolio5 said:

Cutrone on loan from AC Milan? I got him on loan season 2 and he was excellent. Bought him for £35m as soon as start of season 3 budgets were set.

Good shout.  

I looked at him but Milan wanted 800k per month, so I went for Mayoral instead because Madrid wanted nothing.

Problem is he’s my only striker so still want someone perm, not ideal having 2 loans as key forwards.

Found a cracking winger from Nigeria, no work permit though, gutted.

Going to be a tough first season back at this rate.

7 hours ago, Gungner said:

How do you sign all those players from the start with that wage budget? Just wondering... 

I was £5m in credit in Y1 from player sales and only spent £7m when promoted to give a bigger wage budget and loan fees. The fees for Cutrone were not as high on my save.

Y3 transfers were helped by selling Alioski for £21m to Middlesbrough. Ill post those transfers later.

9 hours ago, macca72 said:

Good shout.  

I looked at him but Milan wanted 800k per month, so I went for Mayoral instead because Madrid wanted nothing.

Problem is he’s my only striker so still want someone perm, not ideal having 2 loans as key forwards.

Found a cracking winger from Nigeria, no work permit though, gutted.

Going to be a tough first season back at this rate.

I dont think my fees were that high but i know i paid a decent amount for him. Needed a top class striker. Dwight Gayle did well as an AF but he's quite injury prone.

43 minutes ago, Coolio5 said:

I was £5m in credit in Y1 from player sales and only spent £7m when promoted to give a bigger wage budget and loan fees. The fees for Cutrone were not as high on my save.

Y3 transfers were helped by selling Alioski for £21m to Middlesbrough. Ill post those transfers later.

I meant at the very start of the save... Leeds only has £15k left for wages, but I see a lot of you has signed 4 or 5 players :) So was just wondering how that was doable :) 

59 minutes ago, Gungner said:

I meant at the very start of the save... Leeds only has £15k left for wages, but I see a lot of you has signed 4 or 5 players :) So was just wondering how that was doable :) 

It is possible to raise a large amount of money at game start (possibly easier then than one year later). Should you want to, Alioski, Anita, Saiz, Hernandez, Ayling & Dallas can be sold at game start. In January you can also sell Berardi, Klitch, Ekuban, Sacko & Cibicki. If you sign Aliji & Duma on frees you can sell them too. I raised £46M in transfer revenue in season 1. In contrast I raised £18.5M in season 2.

On 18/12/2017 at 10:00, Nicko Blaggo said:

It is possible to raise a large amount of money at game start (possibly easier then than one year later). Should you want to, Alioski, Anita, Saiz, Hernandez, Ayling & Dallas can be sold at game start. In January you can also sell Berardi, Klitch, Ekuban, Sacko & Cibicki. If you sign Aliji & Duma on frees you can sell them too. I raised £46M in transfer revenue in season 1. In contrast I raised £18.5M in season 2.

Shocked you would sell those players! Alioski and Saiz were sensational for me and continue to be in the Prem. I’ be hoping to cling on to them as long as possible. 

I have moved out Anita, Dallas, Hernandez, Itch and Berardi though.  

9 hours ago, Ellandroadhero said:

Shocked you would sell those players! Alioski and Saiz were sensational for me and continue to be in the Prem. I’ be hoping to cling on to them as long as possible. 

You can raise some good funds even keeping a few, mine are below.  I would have made more but couldn't move Anita at all in either window...

image.thumb.png.046db758f5ca6d884d357a20c4f3bf00.png

1 hour ago, macca72 said:

You can raise some good funds even keeping a few, mine are below.  I would have made more but couldn't move Anita at all in either window...

image.thumb.png.046db758f5ca6d884d357a20c4f3bf00.png

Nice. I sold Dallas for 10m to Newcastle in January 18, and Cooper and Anita for 5mill each in the next summer! 

22 hours ago, Ellandroadhero said:

I do get it, IRL they're our top players. In game I look to push up the quality of the side, I take the money when it is there and I work on the principle that there is always a better player out there; if you look hard enough. Alioski (£10.5M), Saiz (£6.5M), Anita (£7.25M) & Hernandez (£4.2M) were replaced with Sasha (£3M), Thalles (£1.9M), Gruezo (£4.2M) & Duma (free) and they may even be better players.

As I mentioned, I found the second season (first in Premiership) more difficult to move players on. I think this may be due to the relative quality of your players compared to the quality of the division that you're in. I'm thinking that one of the ways to counter this is to keep the squad a little leaner, utilise it more fully and then perhaps generate more interest from the AI's transfer algorithm. It might work and if it does it will generate more transfer revenue. because it seems to go very quickly!  To test the theory out I'm now on a new Leeds save and am using the new FuSS tactic.

You won’t be disappointed. From memory I got 116 points and won the league cup with that tactic. It’s incredible.

its also nicely balanced and I like 3 midfielders.

If you can get a good striker play Roofe on the right. He’ll get loads of goals.

6 hours ago, macca72 said:

You won’t be disappointed. From memory I got 116 points and won the league cup with that tactic. It’s incredible.

its also nicely balanced and I like 3 midfielders.

If you can get a good striker play Roofe on the right. He’ll get loads of goals.

Thanks Macca. Looking good in pre-season, conceding very little so far.

1 hour ago, Nicko Blaggo said:

Thanks Macca. Looking good in pre-season, conceding very little so far.

I think i'm going to start a home nations Leeds challenge alongside my other one - it's that good from a tactical perspective.