The Return of the Manchester United Thread v1.3 - The Future Starts Hereâ„¢

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Carroll to Arsenal? ofc he's not allowed to speak to them or any other "domestic rival" yet anyway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got a feeling its a team we are playing in the not to distant future.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pjburrage:

But didn't Campbell sign a pre-contract with Arsenal while he was at Spurs?

What about Bellion, he signed a pre-contract with us in the January. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those rules seem to change almost every year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ericcantona7:

can't we agree a contract with Gravesen without speaking to Everton?

as for the youngsters falling out, icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no as we're in the same country, stupid rule if you ask me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about Bellion, he signed a pre-contract with us in the January. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the rules must have been changed then, because I remember Gill pointing out that Carroll could only talk to foreign clubs.

Carroll to Arsenal? ofc he's not allowed to speak to them or any other "domestic rival" yet anyway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got a feeling its a team we are playing in the not to distant future. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it, I don't think Rafa would go for a keeper anyway, and if he did he'd be looking at someone more proven.

Got a feeling its a team we are playing in the not to distant future. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it, I don't think Rafa would go for a keeper anyway, and if he did he'd be looking at someone more proven. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The rumour is that they went for Scott Carson from Leeds this week, and that Kirkland will be going in he summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mark g:

Trying to think who the ugly player would be. Phil Neville is married, and Chadwick has gone icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>To jog your mind, here's tonight's reserve team to face Villa icon_wink.gif

Tom Heaton, Phil Picken, Lee Lawrence, Adam Eckersley, Floribert Ngalula, David Fox, Chris Eagles, Keiran Richardson , David Jones, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake & Giuseppe Rossi.

Subs: Poole, Crockett, Cooper, Collett, Hogg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mark g:

I doubt it, I don't think Rafa would go for a keeper anyway, and if he did he'd be looking at someone more proven. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The rumour is that they went for Scott Carson from Leeds this week, and that Kirkland will be going in he summer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carson won't be 1st team though, I doubt it anyway.

Carson won't be 1st team though, I doubt it anyway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have said he was there to backup Dudek, and maybe challenge soon. I think Carroll would be the same except he'd be hoping to challenge now. Don't forget, Carson is already an England U-21 international.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blaine:

Trying to think who the ugly player would be. Phil Neville is married, and Chadwick has gone icon_confused.gificon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>To jog your mind, here's tonight's reserve team to face Villa icon_wink.gif

Tom Heaton, Phil Picken, Lee Lawrence, Adam Eckersley, Floribert Ngalula, David Fox, Chris Eagles, Keiran Richardson , David Jones, Sylvan Ebanks-Blake & Giuseppe Rossi.

Subs: Poole, Crockett, Cooper, Collett, Hogg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

check's pictures on FM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juni:

Chelsea have all but signed Carson, not Liverpool. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I knew that. That's why i said it was a rumour they had gone for him. As he won't sign for Liverpool now, there's no way to be sure they were ever really interested.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blaine:

Subs: Poole, Crockett, Cooper, Collett, Hogg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

check's pictures on FM <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its jones i think

Carson won't be 1st team though, I doubt it anyway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have said he was there to backup Dudek, and maybe challenge soon. I think Carroll would be the same except he'd be hoping to challenge now. Don't forget, Carson is already an England U-21 international. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly, he can be back up here at worst, or back up there and maybe play. Or even be 1st choice at Arsenal, Liverpool would be my last choice.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juni:

/o\.

Any news whether Cuda is heading north? icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're selling him abroad with a clause in the deal saying he can't be then sold to an English team for 3 years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedBlood:

Its jones i think <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

David 'FA Cup Ears' Jones icon_biggrin.gif

Crikey if he can get a girl, I must have a chance.*

*although I don't play premiership football. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nor does he.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

/o\.

We're selling him abroad with a clause in the deal saying he can't be then sold to an English team for 3 years. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

of to Sporting Lisbon for 3 years then icon_biggrin.gif

/o\.

We're selling him abroad with a clause in the deal saying he can't be then sold to an English team for 3 years. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isnt he already 31/32?

/o\.

I fully understand why Chelsea are doing that, but ****ing hell that is so unsporting.

can't we agree a contract with Gravesen without speaking to Everton?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no as we're in the same country, stupid rule if you ask me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the rules must have been changed then, because I remember Gill pointing out that Carroll could only talk to foreign clubs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The rule is still that you can sign a pre-contract with anyone once your inside the last 6 months of your contract as far as i know. Carroll or Graveson can just sign for anyone they want without the club being able to do a thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scatter:

there is NO six month ruling anymore. anywhere.

carroll could sign a one year contract extension with us tomorrow, and then sign an agreement with arsenal on the sunday to join them once that extension has expired... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I distinctly remember when Gill was asked about Carroll being able to talk to other clubs in Jan he replied "only foreign clubs".

Resi's are 4-2 up and it's not even HT yet icon_biggrin.gif

Richardson with 2, Blake and Rossi icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ended 4 all. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds like a good game, i would like to get mutv to watch these games but £6 a month is just to steep

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ryno:

You can get it now for the rest of the season for about £20 I think.

That's what the weekly e-mail said anyway. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just checked my email and it is for the website not tv channel

Ricardo pleads for Man Utd chance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Manchester United outcast Ricardo claims he is the answer to the Old Trafford outfit's goalkeeping problems.

Ricardo, a £1.5m signing from Valladollid in 2002, was farmed out on loan to Racing Santander after conceding a series of penalties.

The 33-year-old said: "Tim Howard and Roy Carroll have both been number one and I have had to wait.

"But I believe I should be the first choice in any team in the world, and I think one day I will get my chance."

Ricardo conceded a penalty on his debut against Everton and was discarded by boss Sir Alex Ferguson after giving away other spot-kicks.

Howard and Carroll have both proved to be error-prone and Ricardo is ready to step up if called upon.

Ricardo said: "I think going to Santander helped Tim and Roy as they were able to move up in the pecking order.

"But the treatment I have had from Alex Ferguson has been very good, and he speaks with me a lot."

"I think I have the game to succeed in England but I need to have consistency. I know I conceded a penalty against Everton - but I saved it."

Ricardo's contract expires at the end of the season and his days st Old Trafford could be numbered.

He said: "If I leave United then my aim is to stay in England as I want to prove to people here what a good keeper I am.

"I want to remain at Old Trafford but I also need to play football and that is why I went back to Santander.

"I have heard nothing about a new deal and if you don't play you don't expect one.

"At the moment I'm concentrating on United and being ready if I am called upon, although I suppose part of me is wondering what will happed in the summer." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snipersdream:

_Missing Persons Appeal_

Anyone know where BBB is these days? Don't tell me he's found life outside the internet. icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

he had to get rid of the internet, he's still alive though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snipersdream:

_Missing Persons Appeal_

Anyone know where BBB is these days? Don't tell me he's found life outside the internet. icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

he had to get rid of the internet, he's still alive though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers ec.

(Ah, its like a big family in the United thread icon14.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by foobR:

I was thinking about him the other night in bed (ooo-er), and how I'd MUCH rather have a young keeper as number 3 rather than a forinner <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Young Steele is doing well at Coventry by all accounts...

Did he never sign up for a free ISP? Wasn't the problem that he had to get rid of his broadband, but wasn't at the end of his contract or something? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think his contract ran out, and he was planning on moving so he didn't renew it, not sure though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Becks backs Morinentes

David Beckham says Liverpool have landed the new Teddy Sheringham in Fernando Morientes. Becks insists the £6.3million signing from Real Madrid will terrorise defences the way Sheri did in his heyday with England, Spurs and Manchester United. But England captain Beckham is desperate for Morientes to flop on his debut against Manchester United at Anfield tomorrow. He said: “He will pose a threat for every defence he plays against because he is like Teddy Sheringham was. He is not only great in the air — he is skilful and holds the ball up well. He is an all-round tough player to face. To have that in your team will always cause problems for opponents and if he were to score against Manchester United, Liverpool fans would hail him as an instant hero. As a United fan I hope he doesn’t score, but as a friend of his I hope he does well.â€

Eric Beauchamp, The Sun

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did he never sign up for a free ISP? Wasn't the problem that he had to get rid of his broadband, but wasn't at the end of his contract or something? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think his contract ran out, and he was planning on moving so he didn't renew it, not sure though. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark g already said he was asking about BBB not Roy Carroll

Archived