The Return of the Manchester United Thread v1.3 - The Future Starts Hereâ„¢

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scatter:

if saha is back for the scouser game, i think he'll probably shunt rooney out to the left, with smith and saha up front. icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've not played 4-4-2 for ages. icon_confused.gif

It'll be 1 up and 2 wide, probably Smith up with the other two wide and Ronaldo on the bench, but Ronaldo could still play with a striker on the bench.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scatter:

if saha is back for the scouser game, i think he'll probably shunt rooney out to the left, with smith and saha up front. icon_frown.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've not played 4-4-2 for ages. icon_confused.gif

It'll be 1 up and 2 wide, probably Smith up with the other two wide and Ronaldo on the bench, but Ronaldo could still play with a striker on the bench. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

only because we've been missing the players to a certain extent.

before rooneys ban we were playing with smith up, rooney playing deeper off of him, two wingers, and two in the middle.

if saha is fit for the scouse game, i'd expect him to play in the rooney role, with rooney shunted out left.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedBlood:

Anyone think we should cash in on ronaldo and but swp and snijerder <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SWP would still be too expensive probably. And I'm still praying that Ronaldo comes good.

I would prefere to see Saha up top and Smith in center mid like he was(and was fb) against lyon with Wazza on the left and Ronaldo on the right, and fletcher no where near the first 11. Then we have a bit more attacking zest from the middle in scholes and smith. And Smith can cross the ball 300000000x better than ronaldo, but then again so could Caroll. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedBlood:

Anyone think we should cash in on ronaldo and but swp and snijerder <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SWP would still be too expensive probably. And I'm still praying that Ronaldo comes good. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would love to see swp in a red shirt (not arsenals)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Keyser:

I want him dropped, not sold. give Eagles a chance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to see Eagles, if what Eric Harrison has to say about him he is defiantly a star for the future. And im sure he can put in a decent ball now and again. Would be better for him working with the first team rather than being stuck with the second string where everthing looks 10x harder.

Ralphie,Ralphie

Ralphie, Ralphie,Ralphie

Ralphie,Ralphie

Ralphie,Ralphie Milne

Oh Ralphie Milne!

Ralphie Milne!

Oh Ralphie Milne!

Ralphie Milne!

Ralphie,Ralphie

Ralphie, Ralphie,Ralphie

Ralphie,Ralphie

Ralphie,Ralphie Milne

Oh Ralphie Milne!

Ralphie Milne!

Oh Ralphie Milne!

Ralphie Milne!

Ralphie,Ralphie

Ralphie, Ralphie,Ralphie

Ralphie,Ralphie

Ralphie,Ralphie Milne

Oh Ralphie Milne!

Ralphie Milne!

Oh Ralphie Milne!

Ralphie Milne!

Ralphie,Ralphie

Ralphie, Ralphie,Ralphie

Ralphie,Ralphie

Ralphie,Ralphie Milne

Oh Ralphie Milne!

Ralphie Milne!

Oh Ralphie Milne!

Ralphie Milne!

Anyone think we should cash in on ronaldo and buy swp and snijerder <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What with the money raised from selling Ronaldo? You might have enough for Shaun's left leg

And what foobR said \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blaine:

It seems to be working. I don't think we really stuck to it in the second half last night. Bellion was far too close to Smith most of the time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We didn't. We moved to 4-4-2, with Bellion up and Scholes right. Then Bellion went right side again when Rio went up front.

Maybe when they're both back we could stick Wes Brown at DR and G. Neville at MR as a temporary solution, although Gary won't beat many players his crossing is generally superb, and Wesley has shown much attacking potential this season. Defensively would provide a solid right flank, and Gary will stick his foot in to help Keano/Fletcher etc.. in midfield too

only because we've been missing the players to a certain extent.

before rooneys ban we were playing with smith up, rooney playing deeper off of him, two wingers, and two in the middle.

if saha is fit for the scouse game, i'd expect him to play in the rooney role, with rooney shunted out left. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's been smith, Rooney as one wide forward and Giggs/Ronaldo as the other. The wide forwards interchange and come more central as they please when we have the ball, but you can see better the formation when we lose it, as it becomes 4-5-1, and you see Rooney and the other wider player tracking right back to help the full back at times. When Rooney, Giggs and Ronaldo have played as well as Smith, it's been more flexible, but generally Giggs was playing as one of the midfield 3.

It's been the same formation we've at least started with for ages now, since one of the european games at home (Lyon?). You don't have to just believe the caption your local broadcaster puts up with the formation as 4-4-2 on it, you know icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Scholes' Regen:

Maybe when they're both back we could stick Wes Brown at DR and G. Neville at MR as a temporary solution, although Gary won't beat many players his crossing is generally superb, and Wesley has shown much attacking potential this season. Defensively would provide a solid right flank, and Gary will stick his foot in to help Keano/Fletcher etc.. in midfield too <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif You're not serious I hope

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Scholes' Regen:

Course I am, I think you're forgetting Gary single handedly demolishing Charlton, Lyon and some other team these past two seasons with his swashbuckling attacking play icon14.gif

His delivery from the flanks is as good as anyones icon14.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is able to do that because he's breaking from a full back position, where he is far less likely to be marked by the oppositions wide midfielder. Put him up against a full back, who's sole job was to mark him, and he'd look no better than Miller or Kleberson do out there, if not worse. He's able to cross well partly because he generally has no-one to beat when he does so.

One of our biggest attacking threats was Rio ffs, our most expensive and best defender was one of best attacking threats icon13.gif At one point I was actually screaming for him to send Rio upfront which he did in the end, by which time it was too late.

Ronaldo needs a good talking to by Fergie if that doesn't work send Smithy & Keano after him. Too many times you see him go for the hard option rather than squaring it to someone on the edge of the area. Amusing watching Smith screaming at him after but he thinks hes gods gift at the mo and needs sorting out. Same with Rooney he needs a bloody good talking to, gets himself banned again or owt stick him in the reserves for a game and see how he likes that. Too many young players getting too big for their boots.

If we can't cross the ball were gonna have to start player more through central postions, something we've never been too good at considering the amount of central midfielders we've got, all our buildup play is down the wings but that isn't going to work with Ronaldo at current form and no Giggs. I say give Richardson a chance while Giggs is out, he didn't do too bad aganist Arsenal in CC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by foobR:

You know, if you had told me 1 year ago that our 2 of our best performers this season would be Alan Smith and a South American who wasn't Kleberson, I'd have punched your face in for being Wicom-like. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

next season your best performers will be Phil Neville and an Australian icon_cool.gif

I don't think Ronaldo's problems are down to him thinking he's gods gift. I think he's out of form, so he's trying too hard to do something spectacular rather than playing the simple ball. I think he feels if he's not beating three men and scoring a spectacular goal, he's not contributing. He just needs a bit of time out of the firing line, and an arm round his shoulder.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ericcantona7:

has everyone got their Birmingham tickets? I've not got one but I haven't got an e-mail either. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chubbed tbh icon_frown.gif

Ring up the TO and pester them. If you get someone helpful, they'll tell you if you were successful or not. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ticket arrived this morning tbh.

People expect too much from Ronaldo. He may be first choice for Portugal and a star, but he's still so young. How many players his age are playing every week for a big club?

The problem is he's playing much more than Fergie would allow if everyone was fit, but the fact is United need points and Ronnie can't be rested right now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

People expect too much from Ronaldo. He may be first choice for Portugal and a star, but he's still so young. How many players his age are playing every week for a big club?

The problem is he's playing much more than Fergie would allow if everyone was fit, but the fact is United need points and Ronnie can't be rested right now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is we're picking up points in spite of Ronaldo, not because of Ronaldo. Plus he needs a long rest and the longer that gets left, the longer he'll need.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

The problem is he's playing much more than Fergie would allow if everyone was fit, but the fact is United need points and Ronnie can't be rested right now. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is we're picking up points _in spite_ of Ronaldo, not _because_ of Ronaldo. Plus he needs a long rest and the longer that gets left, the longer he'll need. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh god, it's happened again.

Here we go.

Deep breath.

What Keyser said.

*shudders*

icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, he can be left out now. He shouldn't have played against exeter and chelsea, and Rooney will back, if not Saha as well, in time for Liverpool. If they both are, he can go on the bench for 2-3 weeks. That should be long enough. As i said before, though, it's not just a rest he needs, but a bit of a confidence boosting talk from the manager as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SirZ:

i dont think there are many 19 year old who played as much football in 2004.he just looked burnt out and out of ideas <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was supposed to get a rest. We assumed it would be 3/4 weeks. It turned out to be a single game. icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mark g:

The thing is we're picking up points _in spite_ of Ronaldo, not _because_ of Ronaldo. Plus he needs a long rest and the longer that gets left, the longer he'll need. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh god, it's happened again.

Here we go.

Deep breath.

What Keyser said.

*shudders*

icon_biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

He does need to adjust his game, too. NO MORE STEPOVERS icon_mad.gif

He just needs...an arm round his shoulder. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'll throw himself to the ground before Fergie gets within touching distance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James07?:

He just needs...an arm round his shoulder. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'll throw himself to the ground before Fergie gets within touching distance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

interesting that both Ronaldo and Reyes, after flying starts to their time in England, are experiencing big dips in form. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They'll both come good I reckon, before the end of this season.

By that I mean start performing consistently, as long as they're not over loaded

Chelsea having the nerve to steal youngsters from our feeder club icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sporting Lisbon have lodged a complaint with Fifa after three of their teenage players trained with Chelsea.

Lisbon claims the 15-year-olds, who were due to join the Portugese club, have trained with Jose Mourinho's side without authorisation.

The club said Chelsea had "tried to recruit players by ignoring the most elementary Fifa rules".

Porto complained to Fifa over Chelsea's approach for manager Jose Mourinho last season, before he moved in the summer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived