The Return of the Manchester United Thread v1.3 - The Future Starts Hereâ„¢

foobR

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I'll make do with my snide Argentina 'Heinze 4' t-shirt for now icon_cool.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The ones that look like Tesco carrier bags? icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah icon_biggrin.gif

You seen the pictures from the SU party on their website? Looks like a good night icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NHR-57:

I've heard it's because of this crazy new invention called "transfer window", or something like that. Silly really. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahaha icon_biggrin.gif

Nice work

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

You seen the pictures from the SU party on their website? Looks like a good night icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>yes icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

I was trying to cower away and squint with the flash.... icon_biggrin.gif

icon_frown.gif

Just thought - assuming Rooney escaped today because the referee didn't see the incident (and going from what most people are saying, he should have gone), chances are he's going to get a belated Christmas present from the FA in the form of a 3-match ban. Leaving just Smithy of the fab four upfront icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by atvkwkad:

Hi all, Villa fan here icon14.gif

How many (if any) players are you expecting to be missing injured/suspended for the game on Tuesday (barring RVN, as I know he's out)

icon_smile.gif

*yes, Im clutching at straws in the vain hope we may pick up a point icon_frown.gif* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd expect a full strength team apart from Ruud.

Carroll, Nev, Silv, Rio, Heinze, Ron, Scholes, Keane, Giggs, Smith, Rooney

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by atvkwkad:

How many (if any) players are you expecting to be missing injured/suspended for the game on Tuesday (barring RVN, as I know he's out)

icon_smile.gif

*yes, Im clutching at straws in the vain hope we may pick up a point icon_frown.gif* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary Neville was missing today but I'd expect him to be back. Scholesy should be ok after coming on as sub today. Our only problems seem to be upfront - RvN and Saha are out, and Rooney might be banned (although I'm not sure the FA will have enough time to act before then).

Oh, and Kleberson's out as well icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACou2000:

If it does happen I actually hope we get the ban out the way quickly whilst we're still playing well... atm I can see us winning even if we had a Smith & Bellion/Rossi partnership.

Or maybe I'm being over optimstic. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure how quickly the FA are likely to act, but with any luck, it won't be until after the Villa game, meaning he'll only miss two league games (Boro + Spurs) and the Exeter game he would probably be rested for anyway.

If they don't act until after Boro, he'll only miss one league game (Spurs, + Exeter and Chelsea in the CC).

icon_smile.gif

Gary Neville was missing today but I'd expect him to be back. Scholesy should be ok after coming on as sub today. Our only problems seem to be upfront - RvN and Saha are out, and Rooney might be banned (although I'm not sure the FA will have enough time to act before then).

Oh, and Kleberson's out as well icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The FA reconvene on Wednesday so any ban would only be active for the Middlesborough match.

Rooney pushed him harder than McCann did for Villa against Thome in the Carling Cup semi I think it was last season, and McCann got a straight red so I fully expect a ban myself.

I'm not hugely fussed anyway tbh, as Nick says a Ryan-Smith-Ronaldo front three should see us ok.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ryan Giggs believes Sir Alex Ferguson's decision to rest him at the beginning of November is the major reason for his current stunning run of form.

The 31-year-old sat out the Premiership encounters with Manchester City and Newcastle, plus the Champions League victory over Sparta Prague at Old Trafford, leading some to question his Red Devils' future. Those doubts are still there, but purely because of Giggs' failure to agree a new contract extension - any lingering doubts over his influence on Ferguson's newly-constructed United side have been dispelled by a succession of superb performances.

Struggling Bolton felt the full impact of Giggs' force on Sunday as he netted the acrobatic ninth-minute volley that enabled United to maintain their pursuit of table-toppers Chelsea with a 2-0 win, and Giggs acknowledged the Scot's contribution to his well being by admitting: "The manager rested me about six weeks ago and I am really feeling the benefit now."

"I feel really good and my confidence is high, so hopefully I can carry on playing like this for quite a long time. It's not just me either. The form of the whole team is good just now and that rubs off on everyone.

"We have some tough games coming up over the next few days but we are confident of going anywhere and getting a result that could move us that bit closer to Chelsea. They haven't slipped up yet but if they do, we need to be in a position to take advantage."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

United hope over duo

Manchester United chief executive David Gill is confident Roy Carroll and Ryan Giggs will sign new contracts at Old Trafford.

Giggs is out of contract in 18 months' time and has rejected a new deal to prolong his association with The Red Devils, while Carroll could leave the club on a free transfer at the season's end.

Long-serving Welsh winger Giggs has snubbed the offer of a one-year extension to his deal, which is club policy regarding over-30-year-olds.

The in-form wide man is holding out for a two-year deal and retains hope that the Premiership giants will break with tradition.

United supremo Gill acknowledges the current impasse in talks but remains bullish about Giggs wanting to finish his career at Old Trafford.

"I am very confident Ryan will stay with Manchester United for the remainder of his career," Gill told MUTV.

"We know Ryan wants two years and we have only offered him one, which is what we feel is appropriate for a player in their 30s and it is what we have done in the past.

"But I am sure both parties can sort something out because Ryan doesn't want to leave and we don't want him to leave."

In the case of Northern Ireland international Carroll, Gill revealed the goalkeeper has rejected the club's latest offer.

Gill, though, believes there is still reason to believe that a compromise can be reached with United's current number one.

He added: "We have offered Roy an improved contract, commencing this season and going on for a further three years.

"He has rejected it, although hopefully we can work something out there as well."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Ben Haim quiet on Rooney

Bolton Wanderers defender Tal Ben Haim has refused to be drawn on his set-to with Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.

The teenage forward pushed Ben Haim in the face towards the end of the first half of his side's 2-0 Boxing Day victory at Old Trafford.

Rooney petulantly shoved the Trotters stopper after falling under a challenge from Ben Haim but escaped a red card as referee Dermot Gallagher had his back to the incident.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson refused to condemn Rooney for his act of silliness and criticised Ben Haim for his reaction to the push.

Ferguson's counterpart Sam Allardyce also questioned Ben Haim's reaction but was adamant Rooney should have been dismissed.

Ben Haim was not going to expand on his altercation with the England international but lamented a disheartening day.

"It's been a sad day overall," Ben Haim told the Jerusalem Post.

"With what happened in Asia [the earthquake and tidal waves], the fact we didn't win or take any points from the game and even the incident overshadowed my performance.

"My manager spoke about it and that is all I'm willing to say."

Rooney will have to wait until Wednesday before learning whether The Football Association will take any further action.

The FA are awaiting Gallagher's match report and could use video evidence to punish Rooney for the incident.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Rangers have completed the signing of Manchester United winger Bojan Djordjic.

The Belgrade-born Swede will join the Ibrox side on an initial six-month contract with an option of a further two years.

The 22-year-old told www.rangers.co.uk: "This is a big opportunity and I am delighted with the move."

He added: "I always wanted to represent a big club at first-team level. Of course I have been at Manchester United but this is a really great opportunity to get my career back on track."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard has announced that he is signing for bitter rivals Manchester United once the transfer window re-opens.

But don't worry. The public admission was made by the England international while on a shopping trip in Manchester and not on Sky Sports or the BBC.

Asked by a couple of ****y kids when he'd be signing for Fergie, Gerrard replied: "Next week and I can't wait."

The incident was picked up by one of today's national newspapers so be warned if the Gerrard to Old Trafford rumours suddenly appear. Fortunately the newspaper in question made sure that Gerrard's words were reported in the manner that they should be, in that they weren't to be taken seriously!

Made me smile icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

The rooney push in the face was nothing. Manumovies have the goals and that up and it hasnt a chance of landing him in trouble. Even if the reff had seen it it wasnt more than a yellow. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so you missed the bolton game then taz? lucky you, as fletcher played quite well, and i know you wouldn't have wanted to see that icon_biggrin.gif

Archived