Deep lying targetman

While we wait for SI to bring in a deep lying targetman role (think Fellaini) to complement the wide target man and regular target man roles that already exist....

Does anyone have any idea how to recreate the role as best as possible with the current options available?

35 minutes ago, SophJay182 said:

I'm talking about the AMC slot. You're probably right though and i've just been smoking too much strikerless influence

The DLF on support plays at AMC though and is the same thing. I don't think we will ever see a central AMC targetman role tbh.

Or alternatively if it must be someone in the AMC slot then use the AP role and have the targetman player play there. It'll give you the exact same results and bias that you're seeking. 

I did just that in my current save. Created a AMC(S) custom role - shoot less, hold position,more risky passes,hold up ball. I primarily play really tall and strong players there. (Player plays like an engache with hold up ball.)

In my tactic i defend deep , and need a forward player to hold up the ball while building up play.

Pros:

*Holds up the ball , while my deep midfield moves into attack.

*Sometimes effective on the counter.Holds up is slightly detrimental obviously.

*Using a "plays with back to goal" ppm player is effective. Makes it even harder to push off the ball.

*High possesion. (60-70%, playing with a low tempo.)

*Tend to work well, as most opposition BWM, and quite a few opposition DMs , tend to be short players with low strength.

Cons:

*Primarily plays , between centre of midfield and the beginning of opposition third. Not really a contributor in box/final third.

*Heading ability not coming into play often enough. So not really a deep lying target man. (This is because the tactic is not very Direct, as well as the support duty causes the player to not get forward enough.)

*Not effective when the opposition has a high strength DM.

*Not a goal scoring AMC.

*Needs a tall,strong player with good passing, vision.i.e. a technical target man.

The above are from playing  Target Men in the AMC, with no position familiarity. (Retraining in progress.)

Note:I actually realized that FM has a save preset button for saving custom roles.Useful.

9 minutes ago, Jean0987654321 said:

If you really want to get that working, maybe aim goal kicks to the AM if you want him to use his head often...

Good idea, but i'm playing with a libero and trying to build from back. Overall i'm happy with how it works since i designed the role to suit possession not counter attacks.

8 hours ago, shakey.bridge said:

Give a DLF(S) Dribble less, move into channels and roam from position and he becomes a mobile Target Man, There was a good post about this last year.

Think it would be useful if the player also had the ppm comes deeper to get the ball

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 14:31, SophJay182 said:

While we wait for SI to bring in a deep lying targetman role (think Fellaini) to complement the wide target man and regular target man roles that already exist....

Does anyone have any idea how to recreate the role as best as possible with the current options available?

I was trying to create the same thing and I've had some success with lasogga at leeds playing as false9 acting like a deep TM as i didnt want to use a tradditional TM as Fullbacks kept thumping ball from too deep. Reading the role description and looking at his stats it shouldn't be great but he gets to use his physicality like a tradditional TM to rather than nouse associated with a f9. Think more around midfield having "more dirext passing", plays killer balls etc. And less about how u set up the actual f9 Put the player u want to use as st, role as f9,  set midfield to more direct and see if he acts as you want.

I do play with lone striker tho, if he was in a pair i suspect the midfield would hit the alternate forward too often... if a either side are scoring for fun and lasogfas still "looks" much like a TM

Archived