Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/04/2021 at 15:16, Sad0wl said:

And one more question, about Sweden DB, i have error first screen shot, i convert to basic rules as i dont see anything about relegation in advanced one and see that relegation numbers for division 3 and 4 are same(screenshot 2 and 3) where else i can look for relegation/promotion rules 

Sweden1.jpg

Sweden2.jpg

Sweden3.jpg

I have a database failing for the exact same reason and I don't know what to do. The forum doesnt seem to know either

Posted this wrongly elsewhere ... wonder if anyone knows a work round here

So I’ve done some test editing with a summer update in mind.

So I’ve changed league/cup winners but unlike previous FM’s where the ‘Super Cup’ fixture automatically changes based on the last competition winner. In this FM this isn’t happening.

For Example. I’ve changed the last PL and FA Cup winner to Man City and Chelsea respectively. However when I start a save I am still getting the Arsenal/Liverpool fixture from the previous season as the community shield (super cup)

Same thing happened when I altered the CL and EL winner yet still had Bayern/Sevilla super cup game.

Never had this issue in previous FM’s. Is there something new that needs to be done to implement these changes? 

I have a problem. I create a new nation rules for Cyprus and i almost finish everything but i have a small problem. I use offset dates for my league fixtures to play half fixtures on Saturdays and half fixtures on Sundays with different times. In the Cypriot Second Division there are 18 teams so every week there are 9 games and i configure them 5 fixtures on Saturdays and 4 fixtures on Sundays but i want to set 2 fixtures on Saturdays to be televised and 2 fixtures on Sundays to be televised and i think i tried almost everything but it doesnt work.

Can you help me please? :D

On 29/04/2021 at 12:30, keleboo said:

How do I delete the option of "minimum of 6 absolute first-year players in the squad" in the Portuguese first division? I cant find it in the pregame editor. Thanks.
894076189_6jugadores.png.5378bc7bccc694a5bb87849cd6e10e48.png 

On 27/04/2021 at 15:56, apcooolj said:

Hi there,

I'm trying to take the foreigner rule our of MLS, Russia, Ukraine and China leagues. I can't seem to locate it in the advanced rules. 

Could anyone nudge me in the right direction please?

Both of these are done in the advanced nation rules.

Check the fixture rules of your competition:

image.thumb.png.6c3e2f5eac71a9fa6011bcb7d033e861.png

And then edit under fixture rules like so:

image.thumb.png.7229189ab51b4c37a8f1de57ce0de2b0.png

On 30/04/2021 at 15:17, Cheez3y said:

I found a french DB which goes down to the 6th tier, the Regional 1.

But I only want a DB which goes down to the 5th tier, the National 3.

How can I disable or deactived the 6th tier?

when selecting the countries just select 5th tier or higher.

Probably a stupid question, but anyway:

I'm having problems changing a club name through an .LNC file. Everything else works (kit graphics, logo), but no luck with the club name itself, despite having the correct Unique ID. My previous club name changes have been successful, this is the first time I'm struggling.

I'm using the USA Real Life Expansion by Uncle Sam.

Further information:

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/mvdwo6/lnc_file_name_change_not_working/

I am working on a rework to the Northern Irish league structure to make it resemble the current English Pyramid. I am wanting to add a minimum stadium capacity for certain leagues to force clubs to increase stadium size while moving up the leagues as the stadiums are all quite small and want them to develop somewhat naturally rather than me just going through and editing every stadium in the league.

The problem is I cannot seem to find an option to do this in basic rules and even advanced rules does not seem to have it. Is this possible to do or is it something hard coded?

8 hours ago, Broodilicious said:

I am working on a rework to the Northern Irish league structure to make it resemble the current English Pyramid. I am wanting to add a minimum stadium capacity for certain leagues to force clubs to increase stadium size while moving up the leagues as the stadiums are all quite small and want them to develop somewhat naturally rather than me just going through and editing every stadium in the league.

The problem is I cannot seem to find an option to do this in basic rules and even advanced rules does not seem to have it. Is this possible to do or is it something hard coded?

I'm pretty certain it's in the advanced rules, will have a look later and get back to you

i need a little help with the advance rules...i created a Jamaica league system, the second tier is four regional leagues that uses a four team playoff to decide who gets promoted. 

the teams the finish first in the four regional leagues goes to the playoffs, two from the playoffs get promoted to the Prem the other two back into the regional league.

problem is i can't seem to get the teams that go to the playoffs to be recorded as title holders even though the table shows them as champions (see pic). 

any help in getting it right will be appreciated.

image.thumb.png.1d7cb99d0bb67df91acab337cfb403e4.png

Hello boys, can you tell me if you can change the "club culture" that appears when we are at the beginning of a save to choose the team? Change the preferences to hire players from x nationality etc ... this in the clear editor

1 hour ago, unr4ted said:

Hello boys, can you tell me if you can change the "club culture" that appears when we are at the beginning of a save to choose the team? Change the preferences to hire players from x nationality etc ... this in the clear editor

Yes. In the editor just go to the team you want to change and go to "club vision" you can remove them there or add new ones.

11 minutes ago, Broodilicious said:

Yes. In the editor just go to the team you want to change and go to "club vision" you can remove them there or add new ones.

Yes, I tried this but nothing appears ... But when I start a new game it appears.

18 minutes ago, unr4ted said:

Yes, I tried this but nothing appears ... But when I start a new game it appears.

I think it just removes specific ones for that club such as signing players from a specific country etc. However I do not think it is possible for a club to have no vision at all. When you delete the original ones from the editor it will generate new ones that the club think are appropriate. These tend to change over time and when negotiating a new contract and before a new season starts you can negotiate to change/remove some of them. Though the chairman will never agree to completely remove all of them.

5 horas atrás, garmac disse:

i need a little help with the advance rules...i created a Jamaica league system, the second tier is four regional leagues that uses a four team playoff to decide who gets promoted. 

the teams the finish first in the four regional leagues goes to the playoffs, two from the playoffs get promoted to the Prem the other two back into the regional league.

problem is i can't seem to get the teams that go to the playoffs to be recorded as title holders even though the table shows them as champions (see pic). 

any help in getting it right will be appreciated.

image.thumb.png.1d7cb99d0bb67df91acab337cfb403e4.png

Upload your file.

Are there any good posts, videos or blog posts etc on creating a new nation, league and teams? Doesn't matter which version, but should be usable in FM21.

20 hours ago, UKFA said:

Are there any good posts, videos or blog posts etc on creating a new nation, league and teams? Doesn't matter which version, but should be usable in FM21.

My tip (as with most things) is download an existing custom database and base yours on that. For example it looks like there's quite a good looking database here that you could explore. That's what I'd do. 

https://sortitoutsi.net/content/58190/esequibia-a-new-country-in-south-america

hello guys i need help i am new with moding

I want to play FM21 with "custom/created league(DB file )" when i start the game i cant select them because they are available for 21.3 version of FM,and my version is 21.4,so how can i update league versions to i can use them on 21.4

How to change league prize money for finishing 1,2,3,4...  on custom created league?

how to change or remove limit for foreign players?

Edited by Granger123

On 12/05/2021 at 20:27, L55DS said:

My tip (as with most things) is download an existing custom database and base yours on that. For example it looks like there's quite a good looking database here that you could explore. That's what I'd do. 

https://sortitoutsi.net/content/58190/esequibia-a-new-country-in-south-america

Strangely enough, this is very similar to what i want to create. I want to create San Theodoros, a fictional banana republic from the Tintin books. It's in almost the exact same region.

On 10/05/2021 at 13:40, Broodilicious said:

In Advannced Rules, under the league in question there will be a stadium rules tab, all you need should be in there

How can I change the possible hosts of a tournament? I downloaded a file to keep the Club World Cup the way it currently is (yearly, 7 participants), but sometimes it takes place in places like England and Italy, so usually 2 huge teams play in the tournament. This doubles the challenge of winning it with a small team and I'd like to keep it as it is in real life, being hosted by countries like Qatar, China, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Japan... 

(I know it is basically worthless for European clubs but it's the biggest glory South Americans can achieve and I'll be playing there) 

Edited by hrmantovani

8 hours ago, hrmantovani said:

How can I change the possible hosts of a tournament? I downloaded a file to keep the Club World Cup the way it currently is (yearly, 7 participants), but sometimes it takes place in places like England and Italy, so usually 2 huge teams play in the tournament. This doubles the challenge of winning it with a small team and I'd like to keep it as it is in real life, being hosted by countries like Qatar, China, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Japan... 

(I know it is basically worthless for European clubs but it's the biggest glory South Americans can achieve and I'll be playing there) 

I've been working with the CWC extensively and have attached a version which retains the 7 team format. Alternative formats are being tested at the moment and I'll release a pack in a week or two.

The hosts in the file below continue to alternate randomly, but I've found it impossible to exclude certain countries from hosting. I believe the CWC host selection mechanism is hard coded into the game, so manually setting hosts does not work.  As you say, this sometimes means nations like Spain, Italy or England will host and completely change the nature of the tournament. I'm afraid this is unavoidable, unless you change the team selection system to not include a club from the host nation (For example, remove the first round entirely and have the OFC Champions enter at the Quarter finals). Happy to create this for you if you're interested. 

CWC_v1A_7 Teams.fmf

10 hours ago, L55DS said:

I've been working with the CWC extensively and have attached a version which retains the 7 team format. Alternative formats are being tested at the moment and I'll release a pack in a week or two.

The hosts in the file below continue to alternate randomly, but I've found it impossible to exclude certain countries from hosting. I believe the CWC host selection mechanism is hard coded into the game, so manually setting hosts does not work.  As you say, this sometimes means nations like Spain, Italy or England will host and completely change the nature of the tournament. I'm afraid this is unavoidable, unless you change the team selection system to not include a club from the host nation (For example, remove the first round entirely and have the OFC Champions enter at the Quarter finals). Happy to create this for you if you're interested. 

CWC_v1A_7 Teams.fmf 17.04 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for helping me out! I sent you a PM :)

so i just create a new team to match my preferences, after i create that club alongside all the necessary data (eg : kit,staffs,players, etc) and save it to the "Editor Data" folder. after finish that and close my pre editor, i open the game and try to make a new career with team custom db is checked but what i got is i can't access to the league and country, i also didn't change anything to the related league . is anyone know why is that happen? and how to fix it?
League : 3rd Tier aka 3. Liga

here i attach the screenshotsunknown.png.c4f86191587f5c46948f0fbadb6ca4a6.png

a.png

Edit: managed to merge the 2 editor files. Not the best solution, so happy to listen to other ideas. Thanks!

Hi,

I am working with 2 editor files I downloaded. These files have added retired legends as young players into the database - let's call them Legend Editor File 1 and 2 for my question. The issue is that some of the legends I want are only in File 1 (e.g. Bryan Robson) but some are only in File 2 (e.g. Robert Pires). Also, quite a number of them are in both Files 1 and 2 (e.g. Pele, Maradona etc) but would obviously have different stats in each file.

My question is, how do I easily copy the players I want from one file to the other? Or is the only way to manually create the player I want in one of the files, e.g. check the data for Robert Pires in File 2 and manually type them into File 1?

Alternatively, can I combine/merge the two files? But what is the consequence? E.g. I presume there would be conflicting player IDs, how would that be resolved? If that is automatically resolved by the Editor, presumably I could end up having duplicated players, e.g. 2 Peles and Maradonas? But at least the issue then is just to delete the duplicates..

Many thanks.

Edited by burnt_pig
Solution found

Is it fine if I put the question here?

I've tried making a nation be able to switch continents, but now I can't seem to do it, because when I open FM21 Editor, it just goes black. Could I get help, gettin it back to normal though?

Hey guys wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of mods that do the following

- Remove all Loans
- Remove all Bans
- Remove all injuries
- Remove BREXIT

There's a few on the Workshop but they all appear to be outdated and don't work on 21.4 - can anyone assist please? thank you.

Edit: please ignore this question. Solved it by adding rules so that the league can be recognised. cheers!

Another question..

I am trying to revive the Soviet Union High League. I have set it from "Is Extinct - Yes" to "No". However, in the game setup screen to select leagues, Soviet Union as a nation is not available, so I am not able to select the Soviet Union High League. How do I activate Soviet Union as a selectable nation?

I guess the alternative would be to move the Soviet Union High League to another nation? How do I do this?

Many thanks again

Edited by burnt_pig
Solution found

Does anyone know if a DOF having his tactical preferences (such as attacking, depth etc) has any influence in game? Like, is he more likely to hire a many that has similar preferences to him etc? Or is it purely cosmetic?

I want to create a league, then view highlights from all games in the league (for a video series). I tested this out but I am unable to view any goals, key highlights, comprehensive highlights etc. It's probably something I'm doing wrong or that I've set up wrong. Anyway if it's not possible, is there any way to set up a league so that no two games can happen on the same day, and thus I can spectate all games to record highlights?

For context I want to create a fictional nation, league and teams and present the highlights in a weekly review show, something like the MLS Review show.

Edited by UKFA
Additional info

Hi everyone, I'm interested in making an Arsenal save but to increase the difficulty (similar to how they are in real life). I'm planning on making it a self-sustaining model and basically not have it where I get a 150m transfer budget after 2 seasons. Any ideas on what I should add to make it more challenging?

How do I un-apply a mod? I downloaded the Esequibia mod and stupidly I didn't back up my files. I thought I'd deleted all the relevant files but in the Editor Esequibia still keeps coming up instead of Ireland (pre 1922).

I'm trying to create an international cup with a preliminary knock-out round then a group stage

However none of the teams from the preliminary round are going to the next round and I get an error saying I'm two teams short. I initially created the competition in basic and just went to advanced so idk what exactly the issue is.

I'm trying to create an international cup with a preliminary knock-out round then a group stage

However none of the teams from the preliminary round are going to the next round and I get an error saying I'm two teams short. I initially created the competition in basic and just went to advanced so idk what exactly the issue is.

I'm thinking of creating a Commonwealth of Nations Agreement in the editor that would basically function like the european union does.

I know I can make the agreement and add the needed nations to it, but is there a way that I could then make the nations not count players from fellow members as foreign and enable transfers of under 18 players?

Can someone explain please what excactly is the diff CA and PA at editor. we see the usually CA and PA in a players card and below we see again CA and PA. Witch one is the true CA and PA?? Thanks

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (94).png

il y a 55 minutes, nikolaosaek a dit :

Can someone explain please what excactly is the diff CA and PA at editor. we see the usually CA and PA in a players card and below we see again CA and PA. Witch one is the true CA and PA?? Thanks

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (94).png