Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

I am making a world league, and I want a limit for number of foreign players allowed, how do I do that?

When selecting that option in the editor, even players from same nation as the club are listed as foreign.

Ps! Only using simple rules in the editor

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/03/2021 at 07:22, rstebbing1709 said:

Apologies if this has been asked before or is a stupid question but is there anything I can do at all to improve the speed of the pre-game editor? The time it is taking to process changes removing the contracts of 5000 players at a time for example will take upwards of 30 minutes. 

My laptop is pretty powerful but it's driving me mad it being this slow, any tips? 

Thanks

Not too sure there is a solution, sadly.  I have a computer optimized for data analysis (and almost no graphical ability) and changing 5000 players still takes a significant amount of time.

However--one thing I've noticed is that changing 1000 records seems to take less than one-fifth of the time of 5000.  It might just be my imagination, but it's worth a try.

Hi guys, i'd like to display all these 538407 results found to edit them, but the editor keeps filtering the results displayed to show only first 100.000, how can i make it stop filtering that way and show all records found?

image.png.cdb5a281f30b24b8337898635d3e6158.png

Edited by emersonjr

Hi, I posted on the general feedback thread but I want to know how to list Gomez and vvd of Liverpool as injures. Their injuries are in the data editor but they are not injured in my game 

thanks

Hello, I have a couple of questions about the editor. What does the Fixed Value and Renew Income under a club's Other Income finances mean? Even if I tick or untick the boxes in the editor over the years, I don't really notice any difference?

Finance.png.59557e4b3583921b6a512c133e7d5760.png

And for Weekly Wage Values under a nation's Transfers and Contracts section, players' wage demands still don't change even if I have edited it.

1159732581_WeekylWageValues.png.a1e0e9b00cb79dc87cf088cc19e72186.png

Hi
I'm creating a custom database and created all the teams that I wanted but when I select in-game to create missing players for playable teams they are not added.

What can cause that problem? I thought it would be automatic from FM to add the players if the teams is playable, which are.

This may seem like an odd question but I have my reasons.

Is it possible to change all of the KO times to 3pm or earlier in the game? Can this be done in the Editor?

The reason I ask is I believe my graphics run smoother in day fixtures. I have no idea why but I am fairly certain they do. It could be less demand on graphics card as no artificial light, I have no idea but there are less glitches in my day fixtures. I know I can turn my graphics level down but I am reluctant to do this.

Also in my current save I have a black footballer who appears white in the game. I can change his hair, hair colour and hair style but can I change his skin colour. This is not the first time I have had this issue.

Any help or guidance much appreciated.

Is it possible to print out information from the FM20 pre game editor? I've gone to Database>>Nations>>Add Condition>>Youth Rating and created a list of all 224 countries and the youth ratings as shown below but I'd like to know if it's it possible to print out the list or export it to a spreadsheet.

1158492060_editorschedule.png.2426a879db273367e1b77a0c466e3fa1.png

Didn't find this anywhere...

Is there a reason why the editor randomly will duplicate changes? I've noticed it's almost always rivalries, club visions, and/or "other income"  (there will be like 4-5 copies of each one)...this greatly increases the number of changes and significantly slows down my editing quite a bit. I have about 30 new clubs and every time I come back to a file it always has duplicates of these...one of my new clubs has 256 club visions, where the original was 4...

If there is a "reason" for this, how do I fix it?

EDIT: included club visions...and number of duplicate changes

Edited by VolBadger

Having been put on furlough for another month and FM21 being able to smoothly play with a larger pool of teams I have decided to create a world league I have been knocking around with the idea of for a while. I am pretty confident with editing up the league structure. But it will mean making a from scratch continental club system which is a part of the editor I have never used before. I am sure I will have loads of questions when I get there. But for now a simple one, would I have to put all the leagues into the same continent e.g. Europe, or could I pull teams from a league system in multiple continents? 

When I have had a quick look it does seem you are able to but I don't want to get half way through editing up a huge database and multiple nation rules only to find that it isn't possible.

Thanks 

Edited by chris011

16 hours ago, chris011 said:

Having been put on furlough for another month and FM21 being able to smoothly play with a larger pool of teams I have decided to create a world league I have been knocking around with the idea of for a while. I am pretty confident with editing up the league structure. But it will mean making a from scratch continental club system which is a part of the editor I have never used before. I am sure I will have loads of questions when I get there. But for now a simple one, would I have to put all the leagues into the same continent e.g. Europe, or could I pull teams from a league system in multiple continents? 

When I have had a quick look it does seem you are able to but I don't want to get half way through editing up a huge database and multiple nation rules only to find that it isn't possible.

Thanks 

I recommend you go see Fenech world league file, to have the best idea how he did it. It is the best way to learn.

But to answer your question, if you want a world league system with pro/rel between the leagues, I think you might want to drag all teams to the same nation (again look at Fenech file).

Edited by grade

7 hours ago, grade said:

I recommend you go see Fenech world league file, to have the best idea how he did it. It is the best way to learn.

But to answer your question, if you want a world league system with pro/rel between the leagues, I think you might want to drag all teams to the same nation (again look at Fenech file).

Hi

Thanks I have looked at this in the past and pre fm21 this is exactly how I have  done it before (all be it much smaller). But with a bit of time on my hand I am attempting something a little different. I find with this all in one approach within a few years the top leagues are just full of the usual champions league level teams with little chance for much outside Europe's elite. So my idea is to make something that over time that evens the playing field. The basic plan is to split the world into 8 groups by country (3 based in Europe, one in South America, one in North America and then 3 split between Africa, Asia and Oceania just working out some roughly balanced boundaries there). Each one is based in a different nation and is in its own right a full league system, with a over-all cup for the who region and individual ones for the teams original country of origin. 

For Example my Northern Europe section is based in England and has teams from the UK, Germany, Holland, Belgium and Scandinavia in it.

The idea is all leagues have the same (static) reputation and prize money so over time say a team who consistently performs well in Africa could get to a level pegging with one in Europe (if it actually works that way who knows but I can't find anything similar to find out).

I have had success building one nation rules on top of another in the past all be it on a much smaller scale two or three fmf files. But I have never tried anything like building a completely new continental competition from scratch before, in fact when I have played around with it testing ideas I am baffled by it. 

So to start with I am looking to create one competition that draws teams from the top league in 8 different countries ideally based in different continents (if that's not possible 8 countries all based in Europe). Over time I plan to add to that allowing some level of continental competition between teams further down the league pyramids (but that's further down the line and not a priority). 

Edit so TL:DR version thanks but I am going for something that wont work that way (I find using so many leagues with sub divisions becomes a headache, either it becomes so massive you can't play past the first couple of divisions without the game running slow or teams unless you code every single one to every possible division you want them in can get promoted and relegated to the wrong regions league even if you have set all the paths so they shouldn't)

So my question still stands can a continental club competition draw teams from multiple continents? 

Edited by chris011

On 26/03/2021 at 16:03, FCArsenal said:

Hi, never used the in-game editor before. I am second season in spanish league and I want to change the subs from 7 to 12 and the allowed changes from 3 to 5. Is it possible?

Does anyone know?

On 01/04/2021 at 17:35, chris011 said:

Hi

Thanks I have looked at this in the past and pre fm21 this is exactly how I have  done it before (all be it much smaller). But with a bit of time on my hand I am attempting something a little different. I find with this all in one approach within a few years the top leagues are just full of the usual champions league level teams with little chance for much outside Europe's elite. So my idea is to make something that over time that evens the playing field. The basic plan is to split the world into 8 groups by country (3 based in Europe, one in South America, one in North America and then 3 split between Africa, Asia and Oceania just working out some roughly balanced boundaries there). Each one is based in a different nation and is in its own right a full league system, with a over-all cup for the who region and individual ones for the teams original country of origin. 

For Example my Northern Europe section is based in England and has teams from the UK, Germany, Holland, Belgium and Scandinavia in it.

The idea is all leagues have the same (static) reputation and prize money so over time say a team who consistently performs well in Africa could get to a level pegging with one in Europe (if it actually works that way who knows but I can't find anything similar to find out).

I have had success building one nation rules on top of another in the past all be it on a much smaller scale two or three fmf files. But I have never tried anything like building a completely new continental competition from scratch before, in fact when I have played around with it testing ideas I am baffled by it. 

So to start with I am looking to create one competition that draws teams from the top league in 8 different countries ideally based in different continents (if that's not possible 8 countries all based in Europe). Over time I plan to add to that allowing some level of continental competition between teams further down the league pyramids (but that's further down the line and not a priority). 

Edit so TL:DR version thanks but I am going for something that wont work that way (I find using so many leagues with sub divisions becomes a headache, either it becomes so massive you can't play past the first couple of divisions without the game running slow or teams unless you code every single one to every possible division you want them in can get promoted and relegated to the wrong regions league even if you have set all the paths so they shouldn't)

So my question still stands can a continental club competition draw teams from multiple continents? 

This is a bit beyond my knowledge, but adding a continental club competition is not that different from a cup. You simply have to pick the nations in question and go for it.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can help you or try it yourself. SI intent for the editor is self-discovery. ;) sorry if i can't help you much.

Hello all, I am playing as Newcastle on fm touch and I have new ownership who are expanding the stadium to just under 60,000. I’m wondering if someone could please check in the editor for me what the maximum expansion capacity for st James park is please?

On 24/03/2021 at 17:05, Womaz said:

This may seem like an odd question but I have my reasons.

Is it possible to change all of the KO times to 3pm or earlier in the game? Can this be done in the Editor?

The reason I ask is I believe my graphics run smoother in day fixtures. I have no idea why but I am fairly certain they do. It could be less demand on graphics card as no artificial light, I have no idea but there are less glitches in my day fixtures. I know I can turn my graphics level down but I am reluctant to do this.

Also in my current save I have a black footballer who appears white in the game. I can change his hair, hair colour and hair style but can I change his skin colour. This is not the first time I have had this issue.

Any help or guidance much appreciated.

in advanced rules you have fixture times menu and you can set all there

On 25/03/2021 at 16:43, timDeee said:

Hello, first timer here. Is it possible to start a game at a later date? I'd like to start my game after the end of the old season of 2020/2021. So, at the 1st of July 2021. Help would be appreciated.

I believe there are some real fixture date files on fansites, type fm21 real fixture dates in google and maybe you can find something

On 26/03/2021 at 23:25, djpdavey said:

Does the pre game editor allow you to set tactical familiarity for a player?

Reason for this is I want to test out at what point certain player roles behave exactly as instructed.

Not really no.

On 29/03/2021 at 17:16, Mitja said:

Why are some in game editor staff attributes without value, like  free roles, marking, offside? Will giving them value have effect?

We researchers sometimes simply don't have the knowledge (or sometimes forget) to reflect manager/coach certain attribute. Usually the game generates 'default' value for them, but if they don't have it - you can change it and it will have an effect for sure. 

Does anyone have any experience of getting bookmakers to work properly? If added to the database as bookmakers, they don't seem to appear if searching for them in the game. I also noticed that most odds offered before games come from media sources rather than bookmakers e.g. FourFourTwo. Would you need to add Bookmakers as if they were actually magazines etc? I guess if this is the case, they would then be asking questions in press conferences, which wouldn't really be all that realistic.

Thanks

Edited by joe5p

32 minutes ago, joe5p said:

Does anyone have any experience of getting bookmakers to work properly? If added to the database as bookmakers, they don't seem to appear if searching for them in the game. I also noticed that most odds offered before games come from media sources rather than bookmakers e.g. FourFourTwo. Would you need to add Bookmakers as if they were actually magazines etc? I guess if this is the case, they would then be asking questions in press conferences, which wouldn't really be all that realistic.

Thanks

Sorry, ignore last post, had loaded the wrong fmf, all working. Thanks

Hi, looking for a bit of help with the pre game editor. I’m trying to use the FM20 pregame editor to make changes to a custom english lower league database that I downloaded. however, when I go to load a database in the editor, it only gives me the option to load the default fm20 databases (20.3.0 or 20.4.0 updates). In my files, the custom lower league database is in the editor data folder, but I still can’t access it in the pregame editor. Do SI only allow you to load default databases into the pregame editor or do I need to do something else?

Are there any teams which represent multiple nations? By that I mean the opposite of say China, where one nation (China) has China PR, Hong Kong and Macau teams. I want the opposite, where say there is one team representing France and Monaco. The reason is I want to create a competition in game which takes the best players from Europe against the best players from South America, so I need a template where the best players from more than one nation are chosen. It may not be possible though.

Can anyone help?

I am using the Digi US database and have added a few teams. I have noticed that when you go unemployed and then apply for some jobs that you do not get a response and on the jobs screen it says “ available” rather than applied. It also then prevents other managers from taking over. A lot of the teams also are managerless throughout the season. Is there anything that I can do in the editor to allow teams to be managed as even going into the second season there are a lot of unmanaged teams. Many thanks!

Quick question - in most versions of FM you could set up a future transfer for managers/staff in the editor but in the FM2016 editor there doesn't seem to be that option.

Was there another way of doing this in that game?

Hi all,

I'm trying to create something similar to the new european super league that was announced but i cannot figure out how to do 2 things in the editor since the winter update to the game.

How do you set certain teams to be in a competition every year please?

How would I fill up the remaining places in the competition with random teams from the top division of the countries involved in the competition please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Dai

And one more question, about Sweden DB, i have error first screen shot, i convert to basic rules as i dont see anything about relegation in advanced one and see that relegation numbers for division 3 and 4 are same(screenshot 2 and 3) where else i can look for relegation/promotion rules 

Sweden1.jpg

Sweden2.jpg

Sweden3.jpg

I have added a created team to the Russian First Division, but when I try to create a new save, and select the new editor data, there is a little sign and a message saying it needs to be 'tested and validated' - 

In the editor, the rules/test rules option is greyed out. I tested a decade of the Russian first division and appeared to show no problems - anyone know what I need to do to have properly 'tested and validated' my edits? 

Thansk,