Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

On 30/12/2020 at 16:07, krlenjushka said:

I will take a look.

EDIT:  @wkdsoul i cant find any solution to add this to filters. However only way to see this is to take a look at competition-->licensed kits section i guess. 

So ok i figured a workaround, i just moved my kits into the extracted 'graphics' folder and archived it up over the original.

Screenshot-2.thumb.png.8a8d6bb7b707e43fee6507b2f5d1fe3e.png

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am currently trying to add Indian Super League teams to the Indian I league in the FM20 editor

I have managed to do this with the default size I league of 11 teams however when I try to change the max teams to 15 and validate I get this error message

" Require maximum of 11 teams for League found 15 "

I have changed number of teams to 15 under Stages>Stage 0 > General but it doesnt seem to be working.

Also in general setting under valid years I have maximum teams set to 15

Looked everywhere to see if I am missing another option to change the maximum teams allowed and I cant find the option so hoping someone can take a look and tell me what I am missing ?

India.fmf

On 29/12/2020 at 16:14, Jogo Bonito said:

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but using the Pre-Game Editor, how would I go about adding a points deduction to a club? I saw an option to put them in to administration but didn't want to do that. Thanks in advance.

Hello everybody. Sorry, not wanting to seem impatient, but does anybody know if this is possible or how I can do it via PGE? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Hello everybody. Sorry, not wanting to seem impatient, but does anybody know if this is possible or how I can do it via PGE? Thanks in advance.

In basics rules its located in division----> other

In advanced ---> other stage rules

Hi guys,

Is it possible to create a mid-season scenario for the game which mirrors real life? In other words, a database where the start date is today with the real-life league tables as they stand.

For example, as a Celtic fan I like the idea of taking charge in their real-life situation, 19 points behind at the halfway stage, and trying to turn it around.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys,

Simple question : is there a maximum size for the saved games to be loaded without crashing?

It appears I can create a normal save but if I quit the game I cannot load it anymore (game crashes in the middle of loading) if the savefile is too heavy (ex: too many leagues selected).

Edited by LaUne

Hi all!

I'm woriking my own file for countries data and I would like to know what exactly does de sponsorship tab? In my opinion the values seem to be low, but I may not understand it correctly. Is it the total amount per year each club receives from sponsorship according to their reputation?

image.thumb.png.333ac8db7abe24cfcbd1c5ec5157862d.png

On 06/01/2021 at 11:31, SPUDSPUD said:

Am currently trying to add Indian Super League teams to the Indian I league in the FM20 editor

I have managed to do this with the default size I league of 11 teams however when I try to change the max teams to 15 and validate I get this error message

" Require maximum of 11 teams for League found 15 "

I have changed number of teams to 15 under Stages>Stage 0 > General but it doesnt seem to be working.

Also in general setting under valid years I have maximum teams set to 15

Looked everywhere to see if I am missing another option to change the maximum teams allowed and I cant find the option so hoping someone can take a look and tell me what I am missing ?

India.fmf 37.52 kB · 0 downloads

Have you tried to change in the club information, the cup nation from English to Scottish?

Hi, hoping for some help with how the game loads fmf files. 

In previous years, naming a file with leading 0 or A would lead the game to load that particular file before all others in the editor data folder. This meant that you could be sure player IDs would be the same for a specific lead file regarless of the other files used. 

However, it does not seem to work this year. Could it be to do with how the files are named within the editor?

Does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks

So i've created a 10 tier fantasy league system in the USA. I have 540 teams in total.

I want the US Open Cup to be like the English FA Cup with 3 or 4 preliminary rounds before the First Round Proper

Basically i just want more than 10 total rounds, maybe 15 or 16?

Can anyone work out how many teams should enter each round? Or let me know how to work it out

Thanks

Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 13.34.55.png

Edited by oJMPx

Within the Database changes - how/can I change the Order of the changes? I've got some existing graphics assigned by Unique ID and when I want to merge changes I'd like to move them into the right order for those Unique IDs to still apply to the same graphics as in my other save. 

2 hours ago, giglet13 said:

Within the Database changes - how/can I change the Order of the changes? I've got some existing graphics assigned by Unique ID and when I want to merge changes I'd like to move them into the right order for those Unique IDs to still apply to the same graphics as in my other save. 

When you merge files just use merge order as you wish. For example first club from second file will be asigned with first avalaible uid in editor. If you merge files in different order uids will be different.

2 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

When you merge files just use merge order as you wish. For example first club from second file will be asigned with first avalaible uid in editor. If you merge files in different order uids will be different.

Thanks I've managed to make it work using this approach. Is there a way to adjust order though out of interest? Or would it just be a case of merging the file at the right point so the next UID's available would match the existing graphic assigned position? 

59 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

Is there a way to adjust order though out of interest? Or would it just be a case of merging the file at the right point so the next UID's available would match the existing graphic assigned position? 

Not sure i understand this...

Not sure i understand this...

So on the Database changes, the list is in order they were actioned. If you (for example) have overlapping data from across two DB edits and the order of those UID's doesnt quite match up - can you go to this list and move items up/down the list to change which UID they're assigned?  The solution you've provided works for me so not a big thing just wondering if its possible.

2 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

So on the Database changes, the list is in order they were actioned. If you (for example) have overlapping data from across two DB edits and the order of those UID's doesnt quite match up - can you go to this list and move items up/down the list to change which UID they're assigned?  The solution you've provided works for me so not a big thing just wondering if its possible.

I dont know - i tried once to change database records order and i made a mess. If no need for that - dont do it.

If you create a custom continental cup (in my case rebuilding the African Champions League/Confederation Cup), does it affect changing competition reputations? I see in my game that the European leagues are still going up and down but in Africa my custom league and South Africa both have blank competition reputation graphs.

image.png.ca3f85f482b6315395f69b0b273db8fa.png

It's not the end of the world but it would be annoying if the game didn't pick up the significance of clubs winning high profile competitions.

Given that there are only 19 teams in Italy's Serie C/C due to Trapani dropping out a couple of matches into the season, if I just move a club from one of the lower semi-professional leagues will they take the 20th spot in the division and everything else work OK?

I assume all I'd need to do would be edit the new team to make them professional and edit the division under competitions to Serie C ? Or is there something else I'd need to update?

On 06/01/2021 at 14:48, krlenjushka said:

In basics rules its located in division----> other

In advanced ---> other stage rules

You kindly gave me this info about using the PGE to put a points deduction in to a particular club, but I'm not smart enough to have seen these places in the PGE. Where would I see the basic rules or advanced rules part to start that process off? Sorry for being a but thick, I just didn't see the starting path and don't know where to begin.

If I wanted to take a team out of the champions league for season 2020/21 and put them in the europa league how would I go about doing that? I've tried swapping the team over to the Europa League however my game starts with them still in the Champions League.  Thanks for helping :)

On 19/01/2021 at 13:26, Jogo Bonito said:

You kindly gave me this info about using the PGE to put a points deduction in to a particular club, but I'm not smart enough to have seen these places in the PGE. Where would I see the basic rules or advanced rules part to start that process off? Sorry for being a but thick, I just didn't see the starting path and don't know where to begin.

Not sure how you do it in Basic but in advanced rules it's under the competition > other stage rules > points deductions.

There's an advanced rules thread that talks you through the process of accessing them, but simply, go to the top left and click Rules . add nation rules > choose country > add lower divisions to existing structure > Ok. Then go to Rules again, top left, and click Convert yo advanced rules. Each competition in that nation will be available to edit in the drop down menu that appears. 

Random Q. The NZ premier league seems to be one of the few that accept a team from another nation (as Pheonix reserves have nation set to Australia). is this hardwired into the game as an exception or is there a way to make a domestic league allow teams from outside of that country? For example, allowing Celtic to play in the Premier league whilst keeping their nation as 'Scotland'?

image.thumb.png.6d15d4632573dd1b96c5d55202238cdb.png

Quick question (it may have been asked but can't find it... so sorry for potential repost). I'm working on a super league project and renamed the english divisions but when i start the game some names have changed and some other haven't. I've changed the fields "Name", "Short Name" and "Three Letter Name" but none of them have changed. The names has changed when i start a save and choose which division i load but not after starting the save

Edited by olivier95160

Does anyone know if you can have a promotion/relegation break within a tier structure in this Editor?

For example, I've got England down to tier 10 and I wanted to add tiers 11-17, but want no relegation from tier 10 and no promotion from tier 11 (for a fantasy db)

I've set the promotion places at tier 11 to 0 and relegation places at tier 10 to 0, got everything verified in basic rules but when I go to load the file, it only loads the standard tiers 1 to 6 and I don't know what's causing the issue.

If anyone is able to take a look at my file please then let me know and I can upload it.

1 hour ago, gibbo11 said:

Does anyone know if you can have a promotion/relegation break within a tier structure in this Editor?

For example, I've got England down to tier 10 and I wanted to add tiers 11-17, but want no relegation from tier 10 and no promotion from tier 11 (for a fantasy db)

I've set the promotion places at tier 11 to 0 and relegation places at tier 10 to 0, got everything verified in basic rules but when I go to load the file, it only loads the standard tiers 1 to 6 and I don't know what's causing the issue.

If anyone is able to take a look at my file please then let me know and I can upload it.

Ignore this, fixed it.

I had to go into each individual league at tier 10 and select number of relegation places = 0, and not just the parent division

Hello everyone, been a lurker for a while and this forum has really helped me over the past few weeks...thank you!

I've searched for an answer to this question, but never found a fix for it...only that people had been experiencing it as well and it had been identified as a bug:

Sometimes after I do a player search with filters the views all disappear, making it impossible to interact with any of the results...sometimes I can exit the editor and it magically fixes itself, sometimes it takes even a few reboots, sometimes the view will even fix itself if I just select another field such as "nations"...but the problem is now even impacting the "starter screen" before I load editor data...and has appeared to have even impacted my two backups...so I cannot interact with anything after I use filters to search for players

Is there a way to reset the views or some other fix? Going to be extremely frustrated if it turns out I've wasted hours making 15ish teams and never be able to play with them the way I intended.

Thank you for any help!

30 minutes ago, VolBadger said:

Hello everyone, been a lurker for a while and this forum has really helped me over the past few weeks...thank you!

I've searched for an answer to this question, but never found a fix for it...only that people had been experiencing it as well and it had been identified as a bug:

Sometimes after I do a player search with filters the views all disappear, making it impossible to interact with any of the results...sometimes I can exit the editor and it magically fixes itself, sometimes it takes even a few reboots, sometimes the view will even fix itself if I just select another field such as "nations"...but the problem is now even impacting the "starter screen" before I load editor data...and has appeared to have even impacted my two backups...so I cannot interact with anything after I use filters to search for players

Is there a way to reset the views or some other fix? Going to be extremely frustrated if it turns out I've wasted hours making 15ish teams and never be able to play with them the way I intended.

Thank you for any help!

Try this - go to  C:\Users\Your pc name here\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2021

Delete editor 2021 folder and start editor after that.

If you cant see AppData folder go to view and thick "hidden folders" option.

5 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

Try this - go to  C:\Users\Your pc name here\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2021

Delete editor 2021 folder and start editor after that.

If you cant see AppData folder go to view and thick "hidden folders" option.

That worked! Thank you so much...felt my heart drop when I saw it was happening program wide...did I essentially clear the cache? 

FM21 Community, I could really use some help. Using FM21 Editor I created a league with 12 fantasy teams using the Scottish Premier league, but failed to add a stadium to each team. Unfortunately, I have spent countless hours getting the league ready in the game itself and find myself in a situation where known of my teams have a stadium. I have tried everything without success. Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the Unique ID of a new competition?

I'm creating several in several databases that will be loaded into one save, so adding graphics gets complicated. I can use the random IDs to ensure the right graphics show for each competition, but if I'm creating dozens of new competitions and sub-divisions, this will make a while. Setting the IDs would ensure each competition is viewed by the game completely uniquely and then easier to add graphics to.

Any ideas whether this is possible? I've tried creating 100 new entries and deleting the first 90 but when I reopen the file, the ID's change to the lowest available again. Also tried editing the XML and importing but the same thing happens. 

image.png.089517fd465f3b7c7cae50b840872c31.png

5 hours ago, L55DS said:

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the Unique ID of a new competition?

I'm creating several in several databases that will be loaded into one save, so adding graphics gets complicated. I can use the random IDs to ensure the right graphics show for each competition, but if I'm creating dozens of new competitions and sub-divisions, this will make a while. Setting the IDs would ensure each competition is viewed by the game completely uniquely and then easier to add graphics to.

Any ideas whether this is possible? I've tried creating 100 new entries and deleting the first 90 but when I reopen the file, the ID's change to the lowest available again. Also tried editing the XML and importing but the same thing happens. 

image.png.089517fd465f3b7c7cae50b840872c31.png

IFf you use multiple files you need to ensure that your files are loaded in game in specific order. In last couple years that order was controled in alphabetical order (i think) but i think someone wrote something about this for fm21. Its changed somehow - not sure about this. One question - why you use multiple files for one save? Can you add everything to one file?

I've posted this in a couple of other locations, but having just come across this thread I think this is a question that is more appropriate here...

Good afternoon everyone.

I've never skinned before and I have no clue about coding or anything similar, so to call me a novice would be an understatement!

I have what is probably quite a simple request to many of you, but as the above suggests I haven't got the foggiest!

I want to make player values (and their pay, if possible) appear more in line with football manager games of old.

What I mean by this is, if a player is valued at a quarter of a million pounds then in the recent versions of the game this is displayed on his profile as £250K, whereas on much older versions of the game this would appear as £250,000. If his value is one point eight million then it appears as £1.8M whereas older games it would have appeared as £1,800,000 and so on. Equally, if a player is paid two thousand five hundred pounds a week, it appears as £2.5K, and older games as £2,500. (I am aware that hovering the cursor over these values does display the "fuller" number on a pop-up).

I realise that I am probably the only player that cares about this, but I want to know if there is a way of editing any code somewhere, like skinning, that will make these values appear in their "fullest" (£1,800,000, not £1.8M for eg) format on player profile pages by default.

Many thanks in advance.

IFf you use multiple files you need to ensure that your files are loaded in game in specific order. In last couple years that order was controled in alphabetical order (i think) but i think someone wrote something about this for fm21. Its changed somehow - not sure about this. One question - why you use multiple files for one save? Can you add everything to one file?

I'm making changes to the advanced nation rules of multiple nations, and possibly some continental changes too. Merging them together causes glitches sometimes, but do you think that's a better way of doing it?

One file if possible is the way to go. If you use multiple files, only do so when absolutely necessary, or when you are absolutely certain the changes in the various files won't interfere.

I've found that merging files with different nation rules sometimes prevents you from being able to edit them properly. For example here, where I've merged an English Advanced nation rules database with a Welsh one, and it no longer treats Wales as a nation, or loads that nation's competitions as it should. 

It's tricky because my goal is to create more connections between the home nations, so for example I'm creating a team based in Dublin that plays in the Premier League but also plays in some Irish competitions, including their U18 side. The way I'm doing this is to move the defunct Dublin City FC into the Premier League in the England database and apply all changes there, and then going into the Irish database and adding Dublin City as a 'specific team' to the comps I want them to enter. 

Generally, this approach has worked fine for me so far, with 4 separate files doing separate things. In the end I'll have 6 (one for each nation of the British Isles and one for a new continental qualification system) so I'll have to see if that causes any problems. For now, I'm making sure changes made in one don't affect the others, and the only issues are coming from the Sortitoutsi real names fix, which overrides some changes I've made. 

image.png

Edited by L55DS

3 minutes ago, L55DS said:

I've found that merging files with different nation rules sometimes prevents you from being able to edit them properly. For example here, where I've merged an English Advanced nation rules database with a Welsh one, and it no longer treats Wales as a nation, or loads that nation's competitions as it should. 

It's tricky because my goal is to create more connections between the home nations, so for example I'm creating a team based in Dublin that plays in the Premier League but also plays in some Irish competitions, including their U18 side. The way I'm doing this is to move the defunct Dublin City FC into the Premier League in the England database and apply all changes there, and then going into the Irish database and adding Dublin City as a 'specific team' to the comps I want them to enter. 

Generally, this approach has worked fine for me so far, with 4 separate files doing separate things. In the end I'll have 6 (one for each nation of the British Isles and one for a new continental qualification system) so I'll have to see if that causes any problems. For now, I'm making sure changes made in one don't affect the others, and the only issues are coming from the Sortitoutsi real names fix, which overrides some changes I've made. 

image.png

You cant do it that way. Only possible way is to delete basic editor part from xml and to copy/paste all competitions to 1 file - also all database changes must be copied to 1 file. Do you have different changes in all files? You didnt add any same change to all files? Like when you want to change name of champions league pr something like that.