Jump to content

Simple questions about editing - just ask in this thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.  Quick question.  I'm trying to improve the quality of newgens from certain countries.  I'm changed the Youth Rating (to 200) and Reputation of the nation (to 5000) - I've holiday'd to 2025, but still only got one 138 and one 168 player, and lots of 130-135's

I noticed on the excellent @Sangue Blu talented world file, he also increased the newgen parameters for each country, through using the Resource Achiver - please could someone explain this part to me - I have no idea how to use the Resource Archiver.

spacer.png

 

Thks. 

Edited by Sapa
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I have a couple questions.

First off is it possible to make a club like Celtic. In which I mean a club in England that has a majority, say, Irish following for example. Instead Of the English flag being at the home games, It would be the Irish flag. Is this what Nation and Based nation are? If I make my clubs Nation Ireland but base it in England and say the city they play out of is like Brighton. Will this work? Or will it just **** finances because the games thinks we are playing out of Ireland. I wanna repeat that I would like the club to be an English club but is culturally another nation, Like Celtic in Scotland.

Another question I have is on the youth teams screen. Does "Reserve teams to create" mean You can ask the board for the teams you put under this category? I don't wanna start with youth teams, but I would like the ability to ask for them in the future

With ownership what does "Ltd" and "PLC" mean in terms of member-owned? Which would be more realistic in terms of a fan owned team?

Any other Tips would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance if you can answer any of these!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm changing a team to pretend it was just created, but I can't delete the "most league goals by a player" and "Most League Apps by a player" data no matter how much I remove from the history of the player who has them, not even in the team file. Do you know what I can do?

Thanks a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/12/2020 at 06:32, signmeupgaffer said:

Quick question regarding player creation. When putting in the values for their attributes (mental, physica, technicall etc..) are these the values they start the game with, or the values that they will potentially reach depending on their PA?

you also just fill in the player position, and CA and leave everything else blank...the game will fill those in based on the CA, position and age

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm creating some retired players as staff, just made Eric Cantona. When loading a game to test he was showing and working correctly, all seems to be fine, except the game has given him a random face from the sortitoutsi mega pack. It's not the end of the world, but I'd rather it were blank than wrong. I've absolutely no idea how the game handles assigning faces to people, so if anyone can help would appreciate it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/12/2020 at 10:27, Sapa said:

Hi.  Quick question.  I'm trying to improve the quality of newgens from certain countries.  I'm changed the Youth Rating (to 200) and Reputation of the nation (to 5000) - I've holiday'd to 2025, but still only got one 138 and one 168 player, and lots of 130-135's

I noticed on the excellent @Sangue Blu talented world file, he also increased the newgen parameters for each country, through using the Resource Achiver - please could someone explain this part to me - I have no idea how to use the Resource Archiver.

spacer.png

 

Thks. 

Hi @Sapa, I don't have the link to the tutorial but if you google it right then you will find something :) Anyway to edit the editor you need to have some basic knowledge of html. My memory is short, I would have to remind which file I edited to unlock these parameters but I believe that you are smart and can do it too :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am currently working on a new Canadian/American league system, but for some reason Inter Miami will not stay in my top division. I move them there, and then when I go to test the competition, I am missing a club (Inter Miami). 

I'm also finding out that Nashville and Austin aren't staying in the 2nd division. This may not be a "simple" question anymore!

 

Edit: I realized it's hardcoding, so I just duplicated the problem teams and added them with no issues!

 

Edited by hoffspur
Fixed
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

In the pre game editor, the staff and players I create as free agents never appear in the game.

I have tried loading every player in the country as I read that tip somewhere but that didn't solve it.

To run tests to try and solve this I have a staff member, he has all his personal details filled (DOB/ Gender, Ethnicity, City of birth etc), I gave him some basic Non Tactical Attrributes, gave him a CA that it recommended and a PA. He has no contract and is based in England. Yet no matter what I do I can't get him to load with the game.

Hopefully it's something simple I'm missing, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Uma said:

Hey,

In the pre game editor, the staff and players I create as free agents never appear in the game.

I have tried loading every player in the country as I read that tip somewhere but that didn't solve it.

To run tests to try and solve this I have a staff member, he has all his personal details filled (DOB/ Gender, Ethnicity, City of birth etc), I gave him some basic Non Tactical Attrributes, gave him a CA that it recommended and a PA. He has no contract and is based in England. Yet no matter what I do I can't get him to load with the game.

Hopefully it's something simple I'm missing, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

did you select your file when creating a new game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/12/2020 at 23:16, Sangue Blu said:

Hi @Sapa, I don't have the link to the tutorial but if you google it right then you will find something :) Anyway to edit the editor you need to have some basic knowledge of html. My memory is short, I would have to remind which file I edited to unlock these parameters but I believe that you are smart and can do it too :)

Hi mate - so I downloaded the properties file, then extracted the Nation Properties and found the hidden attributes - however, no matter what I do in the notepad file (and then re-archive), I cannot get them to appear in the editor.  Am I missing something?  Cheers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need a little help with this
I created a new league system for Chile and what I can't fix is that for some reason the season starts in December 2019 but all season 20 there are no games to plays, the game just skip it and the league starts the next year.
I can't get the matches to start in season 20 :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sapa said:

Hi mate - so I downloaded the properties file, then extracted the Nation Properties and found the hidden attributes - however, no matter what I do in the notepad file (and then re-archive), I cannot get them to appear in the editor.  Am I missing something?  Cheers. 

Yes, it should appear, at least in FM20 editor, I didn't check in 21. I honestly can't remember the details.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Bigpole said:

did you select your file when creating a new game?

Yep, I've been using variations of the db to play on. There are over 150k changes that work fine, but my free agents never appear. I've only been using the editor for the last couple of editions of the game, but have always had the problem.

If they have club contracts then it is all good, but the free agents just don't load in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Uma said:

Yep, I've been using variations of the db to play on. There are over 150k changes that work fine, but my free agents never appear. I've only been using the editor for the last couple of editions of the game, but have always had the problem.

If they have club contracts then it is all good, but the free agents just don't load in.

upload the file

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Uma said:

The last change is the staff member I talked about, Johnnie Ambrose the free agent.

WWOPAF some staff.fmf 1.51 MB · 0 downloads

image.thumb.png.c8951ed75b060ad1b462764d5584eb8e.pnglooks fine for me. And I've loaded database with all players/staff based in england so should work on full 400k database with all players/staff as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Bigpole said:

image.thumb.png.c8951ed75b060ad1b462764d5584eb8e.pnglooks fine for me. And I've loaded database with all players/staff based in england so should work on full 400k database with all players/staff as well.

Ok so I'm messing up the game setup options. Is there something I should be doing in addition to this?

Thanks for your help dude

 

Edit: It works, I must've missed one of those options off like the dumbarse I am.

 

Untitled.png

Edited by Uma
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to set in pregame editor a wish to leave a club? No any favourite club -100, just a leave club in ambition reason. This status appears in game, but I can't how to set this by editor

Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 ore fa, Ivs ha scritto:

I already tried this draw rule. I even added the line "don't randomise home and away team", but still no success. All the ties appear random.

What I want to achieve is that each higher division bottom team plays the geographically closest playoff winner from a lower inactive division. How can I sort my system?

@krlenjushka, I tried different rules, but still no luck. These are the latest settings I have.

 

Spoiler

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

Should I set a specific seeding method maybe?

 

Edited by Ivs
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys!

Im looking to start a new save in Eredivisie, but want to remove some loan restrictions first. There are two loan restrictions with max 8 loans out that seems to apply to most european leagues (e.g Eredivisie, Bundesliga, Ligue 1, Eliteserien...). I have checked advanced editor for Netheraldns and Eredivisie, but couldnt find and remove them there. It might be another rule that applies to all leagues maybe? Can someone please help me out so i can start with FM21 :)? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Andy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! Is there a way to change manager wages in general? I'm playing with lower league brazilian teams who are paying something like 4,000 p/month when they should be paying 150 p/month. How do I change that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got 'Get Last Winner' of my competition going into the African Champions League and 'Get Last Runner Up' going into the African Confederations Cup but instead of acknowledging the playoff final winning team as champion it's judging them on league position.

In the league playoff stage "don't process winners as champions" is unticked and the fate actions have the winning team as champions of the league and the winners/losers of the playoff to go into the appropriate continental cup. Also, Continental Cup Rules under 'other stage rules' is set correctly.

I'm just happy that it's giving me the top two teams at last after dozens of test games where it was putting random teams in for season two but anyone got ideas how to qualify the championship final winner to the #1 continental cup under these circumstances?

Edited by Supermercado99
Link to post
Share on other sites

How does the "Randomise kits" option work? Do the colors change at the start of every new career? I've been trying some tests and it seems to change when you reduce the number of custom databases loaded

can anyone clear it up for me? thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zanchin said:

How does the "Randomise kits" option work? Do the colors change at the start of every new career? I've been trying some tests and it seems to change when you reduce the number of custom databases loaded

can anyone clear it up for me? thanks!

I believe it only randomizes the kits for selected option (all/nation/division or something like that). It doesn't change throughout the game though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 ore fa, Bigpole ha scritto:

I believe it only randomizes the kits for selected option (all/nation/division or something like that). It doesn't change throughout the game though.

Oh ok

I noticed the colours of the kit and logo changed at the start of the game depending on how many databases are loaded

I really don't understand how this option works 🤣 thank you for your explanation! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Is it still just Business, Interference, Patience & Resources attributes that effect a Chairman in game?

and board confidence to determine how much he wants to stay at the club.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all Help and advice would be appreciated

Having seen a few longer test saves in the future it seems brexit hits England HARD

To counter this my idea is to give all the top rep teams in England B teams 
but I don't want them to go straight into a league I want them to come in to league level naturally 

Using a Level 10 DB as a starting point I have added b teams and increased reps 

other than that what other settings can I change so that they have a better chance to appear in my league pyramid 

Currently running a test with next division set  any suggestions would be great

The DB I was using had no relegation at level 10 so I made it an inactive league but now I am seeing some clubs go sideways in level 9 when relegated?

Edited by calvg
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, very new to the forum so I apologize if this is in the wrong place:

 

All I want to do is change the subs rule in the English Premier league mid-game from 7 on bench, 3 subs max to 12 on bench to 6 subs max.

I am in my second year as coach and had an awesome first season along with a good team, so I am reluctant and hoping I can just do some sort of fmf/xml file edit without having to restart the whole game just to change the Advanced Rules settings. I've tried to change the "comp editor.fmf" with the Resource Archiver, but when I loaded it up, it didn't work properly.

My question is:

Can the subs rules be changed mid-game without having to restart? How can this be accomplished? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jamstertrouble said:

Can the subs rules be changed mid-game without having to restart? How can this be accomplished? 

 

Of course not ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/12/2020 at 16:21, calvg said:

Having seen a few longer test saves in the future it seems brexit hits England HARD

To counter this my idea is to give all the top rep teams in England B teams 

how do English B teams help counter the effects of Brexit?

why not just remove Brexit if you dislike it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. Does anybody where the option has moved to to edit tv and and prize money in fm21 pre game editor. Thanks. For as long as I can remember its always been I  the same place in advanced rules but this year I cant see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible to configure a players Agreed Playing Time in the pre-game editor? I'm adding a loan player to a team and it insists on making him a Star Player when I start the game and I don't want that, if I manually loaned him I would be able to negotiate this down to Regular Starter, but I can't find a way to set this in the editor...  is this just not possible?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Two of Timo's leagues stopped working with the 21.2 update. I even tried opening them in the updated editor and saving them; the files saved without error and did change slightly (size and timestamp) but they still do not appear in the available league list when starting a game, despite being selected in the editor files list. The leagues are Guinea and DR Congo; any ideas what else I can try to fix them? Since they did work before, I would imagine there is something pretty simple that would make them compatible again but I have no experience with the editor so I don't know what I am looking for.

Edit: I've sort of identified the problem, but not sure how to fix:

image.png.f26a0869cdb4ffae8cfdb08ef635f714.png

Edited by woolymuffler
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Laming1 said:

When trying to search for players in Editor, when filtering by player attribute, I get 0 results. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, but can't work out what?!

 

image.png.89dc3ad253e362e6c452f22edd0672d7.png

its known issue - waiting for fix. Try to exit your editor and

delete your C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Editor 2021 directory to clear the app's cache and reload it, that will fix it for a while.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, woolymuffler said:

So I've identified the error up to a point with Timo's DR Congo file but I don't know how to see what the actual broken entry is or how to actually change it. Is there a good beginner's guide to using this editor? 

image.thumb.png.cd2357b9387be4e0d6b041f2091f04e8.png

You can see - error is related to new added teams. Just go there and add that missing team.

Have some video tutorials here but you can find many on youtube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, the part I couldn't figure out was how actually see the entry it was trying to update. Thanks for the info on videos, I'll check youtube when I'm off work and see what I can figure out. It's possible Timo will just fix them and save me the trouble, but I may be the only person in the world actually using DR Congo and Guinea, so maybe not...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...