Jump to content

Simple questions about editing - just ask in this thread


Recommended Posts

In the new FM21 Pregame Editor, if I start with a clean database and then add Nation rules for England (choosing "Add To Existing Structure"), then just run a test of rules without changing anything, it fails finding the proper number of teams for the Vanarama leagues and various U23 and U18 leagues.

Is this just me? Is this a bug? Can anyone make English rules validate yet? I just want to tweak the youth intake age and remove Brexit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BedeviledEgg said:

In the new FM21 Pregame Editor, if I start with a clean database and then add Nation rules for England (choosing "Add To Existing Structure"), then just run a test of rules without changing anything, it fails finding the proper number of teams for the Vanarama leagues and various U23 and U18 leagues.

Is this just me? Is this a bug? Can anyone make English rules validate yet? I just want to tweak the youth intake age and remove Brexit.

Been raised in the forums, a few people have noticed this with various leagues. 
 


keep an eye on that thread for a fix/update.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Palk said:

Is it pssible to merge 2 database files so that the Editor will generate new Ids and resolve id conflicts?

Yes, it does.  Even you can have the two original databases running also,  I got three databases like that, and they are running fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very simple and perhaps stupid question, but how do I actually search in the pre-game editor e.g. I am trying to find a club, but its not obvious how I do that?

 

 

Found it now - drama over!

Edited by malolo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anybody else experience records loss (custom clubs, players, stadiums etc.) when importing database from Editor 20 to Editor 21??

I have database of almost 100.000 changes and now is worthless, because all records in new Editor 21 are not shown / available. IDs are messed up too.

Edited by Luke Cro
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Luke Cro said:

Did anybody else experience records loss (custom clubs, players, stadiums etc.) when importing database from Editor 20 to Editor 21??

I have database of almost 100.000 changes and now is worthless, because all records in new Editor 21 are not shown / available. IDs are messed up too.

see the <record no found> thread under this one 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Poyples said:

My editor just isn't loading the database? I get the "loading database" progress bar but then once it's complete there are no records in the editor at all. Any clues?

Nothing shows up until you search.

Click Database, Then below choose clubs. On the right, Add Condition. Nation, Contains, type "England", hit Apply Filter. Should be 1000+ records found.

Edited by BedeviledEgg
Link to post
Share on other sites

How can I get my third kit to show up in game for a custom club? The home and away works fine and shows up on the main club page, but the third kit still shows the generic version even though it's in the same folder/config file as the other 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carterr said:

would anyone be able to tell me how to create a worldwide transfer embargo up until january 1st? I know how to individually add it to a team 1 by 1 but that's obviously so long winded. Any help would be appreciated 

just check the "Disable First Window Transfer Activity" on the Game Setup screen? or does that not do what you want?

Link to post
Share on other sites

alguien sabe donde se puede cambiar para que un club fiche jugadores de la misma region? por ejemplo el Athletic de bilbao solo ficha jugadores vascos, pues me gustaria poder cambiar que un club solo fiche jugadores de su misma region. gracias

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crisamado_90 said:

alguien sabe donde se puede cambiar para que un club fiche jugadores de la misma region? por ejemplo el Athletic de bilbao solo ficha jugadores vascos, pues me gustaria poder cambiar que un club solo fiche jugadores de su misma region. gracias

not possible in editor, it's hardcoded

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to add myself and 2 friends into the game as young wonderkids.  However, I want it to be random as to our position and nationality.  Position is easy, nationality seems impossible though.  Any way to set it so that we are included without locking ourselves into being American every time?  Seems unfair to grant the USA 3 -10 potential wonderkids each playthrough.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, Im trying to create regional cups, and I added regions to teams that dont have them and ended up with 43, but the cup just wont take 43., the other region had 32, worked lovely, this not so much, Im dredding the bigger regions (107+143)

 

any tips ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've activated the Russian 3rd tier to the point it appears in game setup but at manager adding stage, the league is not available. All rules were verified in the editor so I have no idea what I've missed.

 

4af14ac16fa80d196e76500d4a0f36bf.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I've created a custom nation in Europe, I've added all the leagues cup's etc. they work fine however I cannot select the the national team. I cant manage it neither can I click on it to view the nation in an actual game. I used Crimea to create the nation could that be the problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, patryk18 said:

Hi, I've created a custom nation in Europe, I've added all the leagues cup's etc. they work fine however I cannot select the the national team. I cant manage it neither can I click on it to view the nation in an actual game. I used Crimea to create the nation could that be the problem?

That could be problem. From what I have seen here in the forums, the nation you should use is Ireland (pre-1922). But someone more well verse in that subject can give you more input.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How is it decided which teams come up from an inactive division? For example, the regional divisions below the conference north/south. Is it still just purely reputation?

And if so, how much affect. Is there still a chance of a team with 1000 rep getting promoted from a division with most teams having 1500-2200. Even if very slim?

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

How is it decided which teams come up from an inactive division? For example, the regional divisions below the conference north/south. Is it still just purely reputation?

And if so, how much affect. Is there still a chance of a team with 1000 rep getting promoted from a division with most teams having 1500-2200. Even if very slim?

based on reputation in most cases, plus if teams have set preferred division set (when there are north and south like in england).

5 hours ago, Suggy33 said:

I've activated the Russian 3rd tier to the point it appears in game setup but at manager adding stage, the league is not available. All rules were verified in the editor so I have no idea what I've missed.

 

4af14ac16fa80d196e76500d4a0f36bf.png

I verified in basic rules and had the same problem. Had to convert to advanced rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Because the combination of nation rules and continental rules seemed to be bugged beyond belief in this version I thought I'd try and get my nation into the African competitions by just overwriting Zanzibar.

When I accidentally had real Zanzibari sides still under the renamed nation they turned up in the African Champions League/Confederations Cup. When I deleted them and added two of my custom teams to the registered competition teams (showing finishing positions of 1/2 in the league last year) the game just doesn't load any teams from the country and gives an extra bye in the first round. I've fast forwarded a year to see if it picks up once somebody really does win the league and the same thing happens again. I can't believe there's hardcoding involved in this, so does anyone have a clue on what I can do to get custom teams from a real nation (albeit renamed and turned into playable leagues) showing in the continental cups?

UPDATE - I transferred my league to Oceania instead, where I got continental and nation rules playing on the same editor database. Now it goes through the verification process, says verified in the editor then isn't there when you're picking leagues for a new game. It must be to do with continental rules, because with just national rules loaded everything worked without a hitch. Is there a way to trick the game into thinking leagues have been officially verified?

 

Edited by Supermercado99
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

Because the combination of nation rules and continental rules seemed to be bugged beyond belief in this version I thought I'd try and get my nation into the African competitions by just overwriting Zanzibar.

When I accidentally had real Zanzibari sides still under the renamed nation they turned up in the African Champions League/Confederations Cup. When I deleted them and added two of my custom teams to the registered competition teams (showing finishing positions of 1/2 in the league last year) the game just doesn't load any teams from the country and gives an extra bye in the first round. I've fast forwarded a year to see if it picks up once somebody really does win the league and the same thing happens again. I can't believe there's hardcoding involved in this, so does anyone have a clue on what I can do to get custom teams from a real nation (albeit renamed and turned into playable leagues) showing in the continental cups?

UPDATE - I transferred my league to Oceania instead, where I got continental and nation rules playing on the same editor database. Now it goes through the verification process, says verified in the editor then isn't there when you're picking leagues for a new game. It must be to do with continental rules, because with just national rules loaded everything worked without a hitch. Is there a way to trick the game into thinking leagues have been officially verified?

 

Just realised you can separate the nation and continental rules and it works fine. I feel like a clown but happy to have finally got to where I wanted to be after a day of frustration.

Link to post
Share on other sites

изменил название молодежной команды в редакторе, а в игре стандартное название (u21) что делать? чтобы имена в игре отображались как в редакторе? ПОМОГИТЕ

 

changed the name of the youth team in the editor, but in the game the standard name (u21) what to do? so that the names in the game are displayed as in the editor? HELP

20201126153504_1.jpg

Edited by arman.arkalik
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bigpole said:

based on reputation in most cases, plus if teams have set preferred division set (when there are north and south like in england).

I verified in basic rules and had the same problem. Had to convert to advanced rules.

Does this mean if I mass edited each team in the inactive league to the same rep, say 1700, they'd each have an equal shout of going up?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this file for a pyramid in Northern Ireland with lower league cups I've been working on and I have 2 issues:

The start date is locked at the start of the 2019/20 season

The cup competitions (lower leagues) always says there is one extra team (i.e the competition requires 37 teams and it has 38 teams) I remove one team from a random division and it swaps and it says the opposite (competition requires 38 teams and has 37) I've attached my file below if anyone would be willing to have a look at this and see where I am going wrong

ni.fmf

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just started a new save with Farnborough, but the commentary text colour is unreadable. It is yellow text on a white background. Is there a way I can change these colours without requiring a new save game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2020 at 10:53, kahuna399 said:

Hey everyone, Im trying to create regional cups, and I added regions to teams that dont have them and ended up with 43, but the cup just wont take 43., the other region had 32, worked lovely, this not so much, Im dredding the bigger regions (107+143)

 

any tips ?

43? Yes, you can make a cup with that number:

1st round: Enter 22 teams, 11 winners

2nd round: 11 teams from previous round, 5 new teams,

3rd round: 8 teams from previous round, 8 new teams,

4th round: 8 teams from previous round, 8 new teams,

5th round:  8 teams from previous round,

6th round:  4 teams from previous round,

7th round: 2 teams from previous round, (winner)

 

Cup with 143:

1st round: Enter 30 teams, 15 winners

2nd round: 15 teams from previous round, 49 new teams,

3rd round: 32 teams from previous round, 32 new teams,

4th round: 32 teams from previous round, 32 new teams,

5th round: 32 teams from previous round,

6th round: 16 teams from previous round,

7th round: 8 teams from previous round,

8th round: 4 teams from previous round,

9th round: 2 teams from previous round, (winner)

 

Cup with 107:

1st round: Enter 22 teams, 11 winners

2nd round: 11 teams from previous round, 53 new teams,

3rd round: 32 teams from previous round, 32 new teams,

4th round: 32 teams from previous round, 

5th round:  16 teams from previous round,

6th round: 8 teams from previous round,

7th round:  4 teams from previous round,

8th round: 2 teams from previous round, (winner)

Edited by krakonico
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abaddon879 said:

I've just started a new save with Farnborough, but the commentary text colour is unreadable. It is yellow text on a white background. Is there a way I can change these colours without requiring a new save game?

No, sadly, you need to change the club's color in the pre-game editor, kits, home and visitor, (only those you want), then start a new save.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Il 17/11/2020 in 16:58 , AtlasFR ha scritto:

Hello there,

Do you know if it's possible, through LNC files or another method, to grant a different gender (not English language ; here French) for a short name club and a long name club (same club) ?

I know the string CLUB_GENDER_CHANGE (LNC file) which works correctly but will define the gender of the two names (long and short). The strings CLUB_LONG_GENDER_CHANGE and CLUB_SHORT_GENDER_CHANGE work, but they too change the genders of the two different names at the same time.

So that was my question, I know a lot of you play in the English language (so no gender) but I sincerely hope that someone knows the answer here (I'm truly desperate and French ; horrible combo).

Thank you in advance in any case already for having read me. Good day to you !

I have the same issues.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another quickie: do FM20 editor files work with FM21? I've not yet started a new save, but loading up my FM20 (which I've had since FM17 IIRC) injuries editor file with the FM21 editor does not seem to work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Viking said:

Another quickie: do FM20 editor files work with FM21? I've not yet started a new save, but loading up my FM20 (which I've had since FM17 IIRC) injuries editor file with the FM21 editor does not seem to work.

People here said they've changed some lines in xml in editor so for example imported clubs/players are not working. So the best bet is to check this thread

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2020 at 00:22, Domoboy23 said:

What impact does the ''nearby stadium'' have on teams stadiums? Does it affect ground share's if a team is upgrading it's stadium etc? 

It can mean it used for a ground share yes. Iirc can also mean fixtures are not played at the same time/date.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...