Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

I have download a file that activates Greece third league called Football League. At the first year the league is professional and so are all teams. But from the second year it automatic change all teams to semi-professional. Can I change this via editor and stay for good so it will be professional always?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Is there any change in reputation between seasons or a message in the game regarding teams turning semi pro? That might give you a hint why it is happening

No, no message. Its not 1 team. All teams change to semi-pro the next year.

Is there a help guide to using the editor? I'm new to it and I can't seem to be able to get started.

Does FM need to be loaded when you run the editor? I don't see any data available to view when the editor is open.

Also, my FM game files are saved to an external drive, so does the editor know this or is it still searching for my data on the C drive? 

54 minutes ago, Cougar Ric said:

Is there a help guide to using the editor? I'm new to it and I can't seem to be able to get started.

Does FM need to be loaded when you run the editor? I don't see any data available to view when the editor is open.

Also, my FM game files are saved to an external drive, so does the editor know this or is it still searching for my data on the C drive? 

1. There's no official guide for editor. For now at least.

2. FM must be installed (Because editor loads database from game files), the game itself doesn't need to be started.

3. There's a load/save location option so you don't need to save files in default location.

2 hours ago, Bigpole said:

1. There's no official guide for editor. For now at least.

2. FM must be installed (Because editor loads database from game files), the game itself doesn't need to be started.

3. There's a load/save location option so you don't need to save files in default location.

I get the Load Database and it shows a bar that gradually fills. Although the screen then shows 0 records found.

Is there a way to tell the editor that my game is on my F drive?

2 minutes ago, Cougar Ric said:

I get the Load Database and it shows a bar that gradually fills. Although the screen then shows 0 records found.

Is there a way to tell the editor that my game is on my F drive?

1. It shows 0 records found because you didn't search for anything. Add filter, search for player/s and you'll see records.

2. Editor knows that because it won't start properly if partitions for game and editor are mixed.

18 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

1. It shows 0 records found because you didn't search for anything. Add filter, search for player/s and you'll see records.

2. Editor knows that because it won't start properly if partitions for game and editor are mixed.

ok thanks.

I'm wanting to set up a custom league which involves moving clubs between countries/divisions. IS this fairly easy to do?

New one for me. 

I have created a file which verifies fine in the editor. It shows as verified when selecting a new game. When you get to the end of the "loading game database" bar, however, I get that windows "there is a problem" noise and the database is not loaded.

Furthermore if I run in the test competitions in the editor, it makes a CTD. Anyone ever come across this before? 

vor 1 Minute schrieb sporadicsmiles:

New one for me. 

I have created a file which verifies fine in the editor. It shows as verified when selecting a new game. When you get to the end of the "loading game database" bar, however, I get that windows "there is a problem" noise and the database is not loaded.

Furthermore if I run in the test competitions in the editor, it makes a CTD. Anyone ever come across this before? 

Are you loading any other database? It could be a conflict with another db.

Just now, KUBI said:

Are you loading any other database? It could be a conflict with another db.

Nothing other than this. I was just trying to load it alone, no other files or leagues, in order to check that things were actually working. It is very strange. I will try to convert to advanced rules to see if it pops up any extra errors. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb sporadicsmiles:

Nothing other than this. I was just trying to load it alone, no other files or leagues, in order to check that things were actually working. It is very strange. I will try to convert to advanced rules to see if it pops up any extra errors. 

Try also exporting the db (it will be saved as xml) and then loading the xml file.

Seems there was some weird crap going on with reserve teams that I either totally missed when creating this (it is a convert from FM19, so it s possible I simply missed it when I checked everything), or something weird happened after I verified or ran test competitions in the editor. Either way, I fixed the two issues like this I found and it loads. I'm not really any the wiser what was happening mind. 

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Was the problem that you ended up with an extra (or two) reserve teams in one of your competitions?

The problem seems to be some of the reserve teams were being converted into actual separate first teams. But apparently not fully, so if you double clicked them it took you to their parent club as expected. But if you deleted the 2nd team and then readded it, the original 2nd team was still there. And when you click on this team, it is its own team. I noticed because these teams were going missing in the league when I was scrolling through. So really it was missing a reserve side rather than gaining one when you loaded the database. 

I still have a file version from before I fixed this, if this would be useful for anyone else (although given on a personal basis since I am not ready to share the database proper with the wider world yet).

Hi, I have a file which does not verify and I can't figure out why.

It's an expansion of the Finnish competitions up to the Tier 4, where I tried to replicate the real leagues structure with the differences between 2019 and 2020.

If I run "Test Competitions" testing the whole structure, everything is fine. Also if I test the competitions checking up to Tier 2 or up to Tier 3 is fine.

But if I test the file checking only Tier 1, then at the end of the 2nd season, it says that the relegated teams from Tier 2 do not match the promoted from Tier 3. It actually says that there are 0 relegated teams from Tier 2, but when I run the whole thing, the relegated teams are correct (3).

So I cannot verify the whole structure. If I verify the single tiers separately, I can verify Tier 2, 3 and 4 but still Tier 1 does not get verified. 

I edited the xml in order to add a line to "manually verify" the file and test it in game, but it still bothers me. I upload the xml here, if anyone can help me. Thanks

Finland 100 xml.xml

I am trying to download the level 10 database but the Steam workshop seems to be down, can anyone confirm if that is correct please? Also, I have tried to download it straight from the links on Dan's page here:  https://community.sigames.com/topic/498100-wip-fm20-e20-england-to-level-20/

However, I just get the messages that I have shown in the screenshot below. It is a new laptop, so I have not downloaded any of these files on it before. Can anyone please help me and tell me what I have to do? Thanks

FM database problem.png

22 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

The problem seems to be some of the reserve teams were being converted into actual separate first teams. But apparently not fully, so if you double clicked them it took you to their parent club as expected. But if you deleted the 2nd team and then readded it, the original 2nd team was still there. And when you click on this team, it is its own team. I noticed because these teams were going missing in the league when I was scrolling through. So really it was missing a reserve side rather than gaining one when you loaded the database. 

I still have a file version from before I fixed this, if this would be useful for anyone else (although given on a personal basis since I am not ready to share the database proper with the wider world yet).

If I run into it, I might contact you for the file. No need at the moment, but I am not at that level with the Iron Curtain mod.

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

If I run into it, I might contact you for the file. No need at the moment, but I am not at that level with the Iron Curtain mod.

Go for it, always happy to help.

While I am here, a question about setting regional divisions. If I set two divisions at the same level, will it indicate to the game that the team can go into division A or division B? Or will it just confuse things?

This probably can't be done but - is it somehow possible to export/import player from one editor version to another?

For example, I want to create wonderkids from FM 2019 to FM 2015, and I'm wondering what is the fastest way to do that.. other than copying all player info from 2019 to 2015 for each player individualy.

Thank you

vor 1 Stunde schrieb nikolaosaek:

Where can I set the state of a league to be professional, semi-pro or amateur???

You can set the contract types for the leagues --> amateur, non contract, part-time or full time

Good Morning

How can I change the "chairman status" attribute? UD Almeria was recently acquired by new investors and they are trying to sell the club just from the beginning of the game, which is clearly a huge mistake

Thanks

Hi sorry if this has already been asked but there’s far too many messages to read through. 

when adding a new player to a database it doesn’t allow me to choose which club I want them to be part of. In club contract section it only allows me to choose the date they joined. Anyone know why? Thanks in advance 

Am 3.2.2020 um 11:05 schrieb schmoo10:

when adding a new player to a database it doesn’t allow me to choose which club I want them to be part of. In club contract section it only allows me to choose the date they joined. Anyone know why? Thanks in advance 

You can choose the club as well:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-06 um 21.05.15.png

2 minutes ago, lloyd starkey said:

Can anyone help? I’m trying to change foreign players amount in a league to 0, how do I do this?

Is that foreign players allowed = 0, or no player is seen as foreign?

On FM17 Editor, I tried to make the Copa America 16 teams. However I keep getting an error for the final. It keeps saying "number of teams in final of Copa America should be divisible by 2". I've set it to 2 and it didn't work. Set it to 0 and it didn't work. What's the issue?

Hi there,

can anyone please tell me, is it possible to mod the fan flags, without having to affect the adboards? If so, would they be in a folder called banners? I presume they would need their own config file to re-write the code. 
I haven’t seen stand alone fan flag mods.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by Musestar

I have a brand new laptop that is pretty decent. It FM20 fast enough with a fair few leagues added. It runs everything else I do, like browsing the internet, fast too.

However, the FM20 editor is going RIDICULOUSLY slow. It never seemed to go this slow at first, but it seems the more files I edit, the slower it goes. Like clicking to add a rival club, or someone's favourite club, etc. 

It was never like this on any other FM. Is this a known issue? Is there any way I can speed it up? Because it is taking me forever to do basic editing and it's becoming very boring.

What is your RAM and memory usage?

The editor is heavier on the system than previous version, and especially in cases of big searches (1000+ results), but the way you describe I haven't encountered.

9 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

What is your RAM and memory usage?

The editor is heavier on the system than previous version, and especially in cases of big searches (1000+ results), but the way you describe I haven't encountered.

I don't know huge amounts about computers but I get by. I have 8GB RAM, easily enough for FM isn't it? I have looked at my memory usage and it says 6.7/7.9 GB (85%). 

As I say, I don't know loads, but that seems quite high to me, is that right? It's not like I have any other programs open (that I know about).

As I am looking in Task Manager to see what is taking up the 85%, I have three apps open and it says this:

FM Editor 2020: 3,614.2 MB

Google Chrome: 1,429 MB

Task Manager: 22.3 MB

Now, I have got about 15 web pages open right now, which I know I can close, but they are open for research purposes (leagues to edit for FM, cup competition links, etc).

Surely the editor shouldn't be using this much of my RAM/memory (is that the same thing?) it seems extraordinarily high to me. On FM19, on a much worse laptop that only had 4GB of RAM and a far worse processor, I used to have FM19 running AND FM19 editor running at the same time absolutely fine.

And this isn't just when I'm doing searches either. I know that when you do searches for loads of players, etc, it can take a while to load. But this is for small things like just adding a favourite club to a player, it takes about thirty seconds to act before I can click on anything else. Adding an attribute to a player, all things that can normally be done so quickly and simply. It's just taking ages and this can't be normal. Something must be wrong, I just have no idea what.