Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to sort the groups as stages of one sub-competition. But for competitions with 3 league stages and 1 relegation playoff, testing rules says that that compentation is not finished until the season update day. I tried everything, also set up fixture dates (all 3 league stages starts and ends on the same time with 15-16 teams), but still... no effect. Any idea?

If needed I can upload my database to check it out.

fm19_hungary_nation_rules.png

fm19_hungary_nation_rules__fixture_dates_for_competition.png

23 minutes ago, scythian12 said:

If I have a leage schedule with a break 22nd Dec to 1st Feb in it,

image.thumb.png.02bc8d749d9ed0c131db94aee5dbe5a7.png

then why does the break end around 25-28th Feb then?

image.thumb.png.88b683d090125d84dd754cb55841ff20.png

I've set break dates in basic rules and everything works okay.

Hi all - basic question:

You can only use the in-game editor to change nation rules for one nation per save - is there a text file or something i can edit to change the default settings and edit them all at once?

I want to create a mod set that would effect basically every countries pyramid systems so piling standard save files seems really impractical.

I have a few issues currently with a database if anyone could help

1. Some reoccurring injuries are still are showing on a players (most of them were non-players and i've now made them younger and into players.

2. A Future transfer I made and now have taken away is still happening

3. Some players relationships i have changed are not showing in game

4. Some clubs favourites/non favourites are not changing either

5. Relationships in the editor for some poeple are showing blank names, but showing in game

Can anybody help?

thanks, 

Hi did anyone ever manage to add transfer restrictions to clubs in the editor? Ive searched but only found old answers I want to add basque only players rule to a lower league basque club any help appreciated 

Playing fm17 by the way

Edited by Cpwfos

27 minutes ago, Cpwfos said:

Hi did anyone ever manage to add transfer restrictions to clubs in the editor? Ive searched but only found old answers I want to add basque only players rule to a lower league basque club any help appreciated 

Playing fm17 by the way

I think club transfer restrictions are hardcoded and can not be set in pre-game editor.

On 31/01/2019 at 17:38, Cpwfos said:

Its a shame , i wonder if i vreated a club and used athletic bilbao c as the team it would then have thw restrictions still that I wanted ?

Update on this, I tried the above last night and it does work , athletic bilbao c are now K K Bilbao and sodlupe (low rep Basque team )are kow K K Bilbao B and the basque only transfer rules are in place

Edited by Cpwfos
Spellings

Hello there,

I chose not to open another topic for discussion and I'm really expecting the help of you guys in this matter, once you are my last hope. hehehe

I'm messing arounf with FM editor, and created a league structure for the South Region of Brazil, as I did many years ago. I used Venezuela as the existing country to edit the new one, deleting all the players, cities, stadiums and everything concerning to Maduro's country. The work was pretty thorough, mas I'm facing two main problems right now:

First, even the nation's language being portuguese, the generated players and staff still have spanish names. Both the newgens and the players generated for clubs that don't have enough players.

Second, there is a venezuelan stadium that was deleted from the database in the country infrastructure:  the CTE Cachamay. I don't see where I can modify that. 

Thank you very much.

On 03/02/2019 at 14:29, GJS93 said:

apologies if its been asked before but when adding a player on loan to a squad, do you need to put a figure in both % wages paid by loaning club and £ wage or is 1 enough in either box?

no need of putting 2 figures in 2 boxes.

On 05/02/2019 at 11:19, pantatanjing said:

how can i change number of substitution allowed in premier league such as  12 from 12 instead of 3 from 7 using advanced rule?

x.thumb.png.521fa7fd865884cbc2e09839df795e92.png

How do I add this logo to my game? I replaced Cardiff City with a new team that I created and want the this logo to be my new teams logo. I successfully added the large logo that appears in game, but there is a small logo file where the logo appears in standings that I can not seem to get right. 

Minutemen Logo.png

I’m having issues with a set host stadium for a customised friendly cup I’ve created for my macedonia file.

Every year, Tikves Kavadarci hold a friendly cup called the Vuko Karov Tournament where they invite up to 6 teams from Macedonia (and sometimes one guest team from Serbia, Bosnia or Bulgaria). It’s held on one day and teams play 45 minute matches in a league setting. All matches are held at Tikves’ stadium, Gradski stadion.

Of course, this is impossible to recreate on FM so I’ve set it so that it’s played like a standard cup with four teams (Tikves, two Macedonian clubs and a randomised team from either Serbia, Bulgaria or Bosnia). This part works as it should do, but I’m having issues with the game holding all matches at Gradski stadion. I’ve set it so all rounds are played at “Specific Stadium: Gradski stadion” but upon testing the file, the games are still being held at the stadium of whatever team happens to be set as the home team. 

In Macedonia, this tournament is highly regarded among the Macedonian football community so I would like to at least get the stadium issue sorted.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Hey - is it possible to edit a player's role? So if I wanted a player to be a natural at AML, but I specifically want him to be a natural at say winger and not inside forward, how would I do that? I can only see that you can increase/decrease their suitability out of 20 for the position itself (centre back, AML, S etc)

2 hours ago, Cookie Boy said:

Hey - is it possible to edit a player's role? So if I wanted a player to be a natural at AML, but I specifically want him to be a natural at say winger and not inside forward, how would I do that? I can only see that you can increase/decrease their suitability out of 20 for the position itself (centre back, AML, S etc) 

you can't edit role, you can edit player's attributes to 'suit' the role.

I have a conundrum that I cannot work out. All help is appreciated.

Currently I'm working on some "Minor Leagues" in the USA. I also am adding a Canadian league. I am aware that to edit Nation Rules for the USA and Canada I would need to create a separate file for these nations.

My conundrum is I have a Pro League which is the "top" league in the USA. I also want two "minor leagues." The only issue I am having is that I want the top league to start in the year 2017, as I am using the FM18 editor. This is working almost better than I had thought. I need one of these minor leagues to start in February of 2019 and the other to start in the Spring of 2020. The issue I am running into is that the league rules are unable to verify due to the minor league starting outside the "Nation Rules" general tab start and end dates.

Is my only option to create two shell nations (such as the U.S. Virgin Islands) for each minor leagues so I can use their season start and end dates to fix the verification issue?

9 hours ago, Stereo said:

Hey all. Just wondering if its possible to edit a countries population or if indeed it has any impact.

I have adjusted City populations but the Nation population remains unchanged.

my theory is editing cities only affects cities popularity. Editing population of LOCAL REGION will affect nation population.

3 hours ago, Bigpole said:

my theory is editing cities only affects cities popularity. Editing population of LOCAL REGION will affect nation population.

Thanks for the response Bigpole. I went into the regions (Northern Irish counties) and adjusted the population for each region (previously blank) but the population is still the same!

Hi I created a custom league system that has 5 tiers, the bottom two are regional divisions that each have 3 leagues each.

Everything going smoothly enough so to add some life to the database I created some basic awards for each league and then a few Overall winners for the regional divisions most of these work fine but the "Flair Player" "Of the Year" for the regional divisions takes players from every tier/league not just the 3 that make up that regional division. The same thing happens in both the regional level 3 & 4. The other awards I made in the same way work, I have a "Overall top goalscorer" and  both "Overall player/young player of the year", these work as intended and only take from the 3 leagues contained in the regional division.

Any ideas on how to keep this contained to the 3 leagues? The main problem is that it always takes winners from the top two divisions.

Hello. I haven't played FM in ages and never used the editor other than to edit kits or city population size. So what are the chances that I could use advanced rules and successfully create a database with 3 divisions in a new country, without creating real players, but adding cup and super cup competitions, stadiums that are shared by numerous teams across all 3 divisions, without knowing actual finances of most clubs or promotion funding, TV or ad revenue etc., with the requirement for clubs in the top division to have B clubs? 

Oh, and could devote 8-9 hours per week for this I guess. Any idea how many months this would take?

Edited by spc

Hi Guys. 

This question is related to the pre-game editor in FM18 and I apologize if this has been asked and answered previously or in another thread, however I couldn't find a definite answer to my issue. I'm having 3 friends over soon to play some FM18 and I've been working on a little database, where I'm making the Girbraltar League playable, having only 4 teams and all players in the world are on Free Transfer. The League and Team I can get to work perfectly, however where I'm struggling is when it comes to CL and EL qualification. I have two different scenarios in mind:

1. All 4 teams qualify to the Champions League group stage
2. Top 2 teams qualify to the Champions League group stage & bottom 2 team qualify for the Europa League group stage.

How do I make this happen? I can't seem to find anywhere, where I can alter how many places in the different stages each league gets?

Bonus questions: I know that I can remove all the registrered teams for eg. CL og EL in the advanced rules, but if I do that, how does the game calculate what teams should qualify for the tournaments? And does the national coefficient decide how many places each nation gets? 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Hi! Okey, so I wanted to add some sell on clauses missing for my Swedish GIF Sundsvall save. So under finances and sell on clauses I just searched for the players I wanted to add for but when starting the game there is nothing there. Any ideas why?

Also one of the players are immediately transferlisted as I start the game. Why and how can I change it?

Cheers

Edit: Turns out I had to do the same but for the club he is now :ackter:

Still though, any ideas why a couple of players are instantly transferlisted?

Edited by oggyninho
Spelling and addition

9 hours ago, oggyninho said:

Still though, any ideas why a couple of players are instantly transferlisted?

It has to do with players reputation mainly. I mean when we researchers create or update the players, we can not set player on transfer list (because in reality there's no such thing, only the 'availability' for transfer) so we can 'modify' few lines in player stats and he can be listen in default database 'by game'. But other factors could be club philosophies or manager philosophies.

9 hours ago, Bigpole said:

It has to do with players reputation mainly. I mean when we researchers create or update the players, we can not set player on transfer list (because in reality there's no such thing, only the 'availability' for transfer) so we can 'modify' few lines in player stats and he can be listen in default database 'by game'. But other factors could be club philosophies or manager philosophies.

Okey, so how can I modify the reputation for certain players to avoid this? Are there any guidelines for this or do I just have to find this out from case to case? Also, could this start a chainreaction? Like by modifying player A:s reputation maybe player B in the same squad will be transferlisted instead because of club philosophies etc?

Edited by oggyninho
Spelling

Is there any way to change the "kit selection" for your team?  I was looking at Man City and it has us wearing our third kit at home to Leicester and we never actually wear our away kit, for games away against teams in blue we wear the purple third kit. 

Is there a way in Football Manager editor to apply possible relegations depending from number of regional teams relegated in upper division (Like in French National 3, Spanish Tercera División and German Regionalliga)?

1 hour ago, Tonao said:

Is there a way in Football Manager editor to apply possible relegations depending from number of regional teams relegated in upper division (Like in French National 3, Spanish Tercera División and German Regionalliga)?

On 03/03/2019 at 15:40, oggyninho said:

Okey, so how can I modify the reputation for certain players to avoid this? Are there any guidelines for this or do I just have to find this out from case to case? Also, could this start a chainreaction? Like by modifying player A:s reputation maybe player B in the same squad will be transferlisted instead because of club philosophies etc?

You have to find out case to case.

Is there a way of changing a club name in the pre-game editor?  Nuneaton Borough are appearing as Nuneaton Town on the ‘choose team to manage ‘ screen and I’d like to change it. I can sort it in game with an lnc file but would like something which doesn’t require a save game reload, if possible.

I have attempted to change the club name in the editor using both basic and advanced rules, but nothing seems to work. I’ve done this in both the standard database and another English database I tend to use.

I’m quite new to this so would appreciate it if somebody is able to walk me through the steps I need to take to make the necessary amendment. 

Thanks in advance.

Not sure if this is the right place

I've seen on this video, that there is / was the possibility to edit the attribute of the regens in a nation, instead of just the rank from 1 to 200

but in the editor on FM19, there is only the possibility to edit the nation "rank".

Is it normal ?

I'm not sure if this is the right place for these questions or not as I don't know how simple it is to do. I'm new to editing Football manager files and still not used to where everything is in the editor so any help is greatly appreciated.

How do you remove a Transfer embargo from a team on FM19 specifically Birmingham City? (I have found some old threads from a few years ago but not sure if the process has changed as there are boxes relating to a transfer embargo on every clubs page in the editor now which i don't remember from earlier versions).

Also where do you add a points deduction for a team, do you do it on the club's page or the league page of the relevant club please?

I've started a save with Solihull Moors and I've used the editor and gave them a transfer ban until 2080. I've also changed their focus on youth to 20 but left the facilities as they were originally. 

The problem. I'm having is almost every youth player that comes through is unambitious. 

Is this something I've done? 

24 minutes ago, sm23 said:

I've started a save with Solihull Moors and I've used the editor and gave them a transfer ban until 2080. I've also changed their focus on youth to 20 but left the facilities as they were originally. 

The problem. I'm having is almost every youth player that comes through is unambitious. 

Is this something I've done? 

if you have head of youth development, check his personalty.

11 minutes ago, sm23 said:

Thanks for the reply. His personality is balanced. 

Maybe personalities among your staff are bad, Or you can create mentoring groups.

On 11/03/2019 at 00:42, funnylittlefrog said:

Is there a way of changing a club name in the pre-game editor?  Nuneaton Borough are appearing as Nuneaton Town on the ‘choose team to manage ‘ screen and I’d like to change it. I can sort it in game with an lnc file but would like something which doesn’t require a save game reload, if possible.

I have attempted to change the club name in the editor using both basic and advanced rules, but nothing seems to work. I’ve done this in both the standard database and another English database I tend to use.

I’m quite new to this so would appreciate it if somebody is able to walk me through the steps I need to take to make the necessary amendment. 

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you might have a name change file selected, either from editor Data or the inc file, because it should already be Borough in FM19 by default I can promise you! 

Are you using multiple files?

7 hours ago, BruceyNTFC said:

Sounds like you might have a name change file selected, either from editor Data or the inc file, because it should already be Borough in FM19 by default I can promise you! 

Are you using multiple files?

I am and I resolved the issue a little while ago. For reasons I don't understand it was 'Borough' in the 19.1 database and 'Town' in 19.3. As you say, likely an issue with multiple file use, but sorted now. Thank you for responding.

I’m attempting to create a club using the full editor in FM19 and I am 90% complete but have a few nagging issues I can’t seem to solve. Any help would be much appreciated!

1. Data Analyst facilities. I can’t find where I can give my club data analyst facilities. When I start the game my club has no data facilites which obviously isn’t ideal. I can ask the board to improve but I would simply prefer to start with something.

2. U23/U18 competition. I entered my club in sky bet league 2 by replacing a current team. This worked fine for the senior team but my junior teams only have friendlies scheduled. Do I also need to use the full game editor to assign my junior teams a competition  as well?

3. Club badge. I am happy to use a generic club badge but would like at least minaml input (like when using the in game create a club feature). Where can I do this in the editor?

Thanks in advance!