Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

cant understand why no matter what i do, when i create a new world CLUB cup, the game NEVER uses the right teams from other continents besides Europe and South América

i set up the 5 continent champions and create just one league phase

then the game ALWAYS create a league like Flamengo, Palmeiras, Real, Chelsea (the last 2 European and South American champs) and the five team is something random

what do i need to do?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go under "teams", "qualified teams" and check the box for "clear current list of qualified teams" or whatever it is. It thinks those teams have already qualified for the default 24-team version and has them at the top of the list. So use that option to clear the list and then just use "get last winner" in other settings

Only 5 continental champions? No love for OFC? :lol:

24 minutos atrás, themodelcitizen disse:

Go under "teams", "qualified teams" and check the box for "clear current list of qualified teams" or whatever it is. It thinks those teams have already qualified for the default 24-team version and has them at the top of the list. So use that option to clear the list and then just use "get last winner" in other settings

Only 5 continental champions? No love for OFC? :lol:

actually i merged south america and north america

asia africa and oceania

and europe

i just use 3 teams on world CLUB cup, just say 5 as an example

the north/south america champion is always right

the european too

but the third team is always something wrong

trying to do what you tell me now i got and error saying that i got 4 teams on world CLUB cup and rankings only got 3 xD but i dont know why the game say i have 4 teams, never set any other team

getting this 4 teams error everytime i put on advanced rules and i dont know why XD

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by newsuzanoebok

It qualifies teams in the background for the CWC every time teams win their CL (and it's both finalists for Europe, and for some reason 3 teams for Africa). So it has a hidden list of qualified teams it thinks need to be used in every comp. So follow my instructions above and also make sure "all qualified teams play in competition" is unchecked (you'll need to check the box on the left just to make sure the box that pops up on the right is unchecked)

34 minutos atrás, themodelcitizen disse:

As a result of dropping the hard-coded qualifying, I wouldn't use that qualifying setup you have, just use "get last winner" in the "teams" list or "qualified teams" for all the competitions you wanna use

works 100% thank you very much

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

ok. im not quite sure how exactly to say this but. in ireland there was this cup called the ea sports cup but in fm23 i would like to un extinct it and make it playable again. and there was also a team but they went bankrupt back in 2019 i think anyway there in the game but they are extinct also . what im trying to ask is how do i make both of them playable again.

Edited by lenso
spelling mistakes

how can i exclude teams qualified for champions league play for europa league on advanced rules?

im recreating the european cups, champions, europa and conference, but the best teams from each country are playing in the 3 competitions xD lol

edit: and if a just use normal rules without advanced, the teams that won conference or europa, doenst classify to europa or champions

edit2: another question: how can i "ignore" a stage for competition awards? like if the first round of any cup doesnt count for goals/assists/average rating in the final award/stats?

Edited by newsuzanoebok

18 hours ago, MRC said:

Which european countries, apart from Liechtenstein, have their amount of starting spots for european competitions/the champions league hard-coded?

None.

Liectenstein are just a special case on account of not having their own league and instead all their teams compete in the Swiss Leagues, hence they're not eligible for the league based qualification spots every other country gets.

On 17/08/2023 at 17:21, newsuzanoebok said:

how can i exclude teams qualified for champions league play for europa league on advanced rules?

im recreating the european cups, champions, europa and conference, but the best teams from each country are playing in the 3 competitions xD lol

edit: and if a just use normal rules without advanced, the teams that won conference or europa, doenst classify to europa or champions

edit2: another question: how can i "ignore" a stage for competition awards? like if the first round of any cup doesnt count for goals/assists/average rating in the final award/stats?

Isn't there a stage flag (or "other stage flag") that does exactly that? Good for keeping playoff goals out of a golden boot race

Hi

I can't figure out how to do sub divisions that play each other, but in an imbalanced way . For example;

East conference, 12 teams, everyone plays a home and home for 22 games each. Additional, everyone plays one game against each of the 12 teams in the western conference for a total of 34 games. Is this possible?

Edited by st.cronin

9 hours ago, st.cronin said:

Hi

I can't figure out how to do sub divisions that play each other, but in an imbalanced way . For example;

East conference, 12 teams, everyone plays a home and home for 22 games each. Additional, everyone plays one game against each of the 12 teams in the western conference for a total of 34 games. Is this possible?

Yep, it's possible. Easiest way to do stuff is to look at an existing competition that does something similar and copy that. eg. the Brazilian Sao Paulo State League (not what you want, but can easily be altered to do what you want)

Basically you want something like this:

20230822223842_1.thumb.jpg.341f305f1ebb1ad3c9c21e4d60bb67d6.jpg

That's telling the game that every team in Group 0 (East?) should play every other team in the group twice, home and away. Same for Group 1 (West?) Then it's telling every team in Group 0 to play every team in Group 1 once (randomly drawn between home/away).

You could make it even more unbalanced by inserting something in the No. Teams In Other Group box. eg. if you want them to only play 10 teams from the other group instead of all of them.

47 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Yep, it's possible. Easiest way to do stuff is to look at an existing competition that does something similar and copy that. eg. the Brazilian Sao Paulo State League (not what you want, but can easily be altered to do what you want)

Basically you want something like this:

20230822223842_1.thumb.jpg.341f305f1ebb1ad3c9c21e4d60bb67d6.jpg

That's telling the game that every team in Group 0 (East?) should play every other team in the group twice, home and away. Same for Group 1 (West?) Then it's telling every team in Group 0 to play every team in Group 1 once (randomly drawn between home/away).

You could make it even more unbalanced by inserting something in the No. Teams In Other Group box. eg. if you want them to only play 10 teams from the other group instead of all of them.

Thanks, just what I was looking for!

10 hours ago, sweetcarroll92 said:

Hey there!

I am still on FM22, and have looked around to see if such an editor file exists but I cannot find what I am looking for. Is there any way to get Mexican (and maybe US) teams back into the Copa Libertadores?

I've got an idea to scrap the CCL and put them all in an expanded Copa Libertadores. This will be for FM23 but you could take the same format into FM22. Will work on it next week when I'm back at my laptop

What determines the ability of teams with mostly greyed-out players? I'm trying to edit the Saudi league to become the dominant league in Asia but one chinese club called Shanghai SIPG has won the AFC CL 9 out of 15 times. They dominate in every save. This was after i lowered the reputation of the club and league below the Saudi clubs and league. What else could i try?

Edited by hxp

4 hours ago, hxp said:

What determines the ability of teams with mostly greyed-out players? I'm trying to edit the Saudi league to become the dominant league in Asia but one chinese club called Shanghai SIPG has won the AFC CL 9 out of 15 times. They dominate in every save. This was after i lowered the reputation of the club and league below the Saudi clubs and league. What else could i try?

It should be rep. Although how you're running the ACL matters a lot too. Try running the ACL in full detail instead, then it should properly simulate the matches. IIRC by default the game only sets competitions you're actually in to full detail.

The default ACL format will always come down to 1 game anyway, east vs. west, so even if the Saudi league is pre-eminent you'll never get, like, an all-Saudi final. Obviously they can still dominate the winners' list, but the representative from the east (usually a team from China, S. Korea or Japan) will always have a fighter's chance in that one-off game

Hi!

I created files with changes, e.g. I merged two Koreas and made a large country of Kamchatka from the North. I changed citizenships, cities, etc. and finally stripped all clubs from those regions of their league affiliations.
Based on these changes, I created two files with advanced rules for the United Korea league and for Kamchatka.
The files conflict with each other, because when loading both, the game remembers the changes that the clubs have been castrated from the league.
I can merge both files, only then a lot of changed entries are duplicated.
I have no experience here. Is it possible to simply delete duplicate entries?
Does it matter in the final analysis that these duplicate entries exist?

I can of course compare files, find recent entries, leave only those entries, save and merge without duplicates, but I'd prefer a faster solution.

Greetings!

I made a custom Celtic Nations database for FM23. Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland teams all playing in one league system. It's under the auspices of the FAI because the international/European editing is so far beyond me (so I made placeholder leagues for the other nations.) I've tested it by actually playing it now, and it's 90% there, but FM is coming up to a new release soonish, and I don't know if it's possible to carry over the base editor files to the new FM editor version? 

Has it been possible to load a previous FM's editor files in the new game's editor files? And is there much work in it? With FM24 being the sign off to the old FM I'd really like to get this working on the new game. 

Few quick questions about a custom database I'm finishing off.  Bit of info first, it is a custom Irish league system, alongside other changes there is a substantial bump in reputation of leagues/clubs and lots of extra money added in, this is spread between prize money, TV money, and reoccurring sponsorships/grants to every team in my league pyramid (both renew income and fix values ticked). My nations top league reputation sits it about 10th in the rankings, so similar to the Scottish premiership. I also have another editor file to use alongside it that adds in a continental competition between Ireland, N.Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, The Four Nations. 

I've loaded it up and simmed many years into the future multiple times and I've noticed a few concerning observations,

First thing I noticed is that my leagues reputation always seems to plummet, latest one had it drop from 10th to 95th in the rankings. (For what ever reason in my latest test the Scottish leagues also did, not sure if this happened in other tests) I'm currently testing without the additional editor file for my Four Nations competition as that is the only thing related to Scotland I changed. I loaded a game up without my league system and, this never happened, if fact over 10 years it the Irish leagues got a slight bump in reputation.

While teams have plenty of money and even 2nd and 3rd tier teams can have large transfer budgets they rarely spend it. This gets progressively worse as the years go by, wages also creep up and up so even very small teams end up having their terrible players on thousands a week. Is there any way to bump the transfer frequency so teams spend more?

On 05/09/2023 at 23:24, Little Miss Lump Kicker said:

I made a custom Celtic Nations database for FM23. Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland teams all playing in one league system. It's under the auspices of the FAI because the international/European editing is so far beyond me (so I made placeholder leagues for the other nations.) I've tested it by actually playing it now, and it's 90% there, but FM is coming up to a new release soonish, and I don't know if it's possible to carry over the base editor files to the new FM editor version? 

Has it been possible to load a previous FM's editor files in the new game's editor files? And is there much work in it? With FM24 being the sign off to the old FM I'd really like to get this working on the new game. 

I believe you can use editor files from a previous version, not sure how advisable it is though. I've loaded up my FM19 files and while they seem to be working I'm still working some things out.

On 07/09/2023 at 10:48, CurnRaisin said:

Few quick questions about a custom database I'm finishing off.  Bit of info first, it is a custom Irish league system, alongside other changes there is a substantial bump in reputation of leagues/clubs and lots of extra money added in, this is spread between prize money, TV money, and reoccurring sponsorships/grants to every team in my league pyramid (both renew income and fix values ticked). My nations top league reputation sits it about 10th in the rankings, so similar to the Scottish premiership. I also have another editor file to use alongside it that adds in a continental competition between Ireland, N.Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, The Four Nations. 

I've loaded it up and simmed many years into the future multiple times and I've noticed a few concerning observations,

First thing I noticed is that my leagues reputation always seems to plummet, latest one had it drop from 10th to 95th in the rankings. (For what ever reason in my latest test the Scottish leagues also did, not sure if this happened in other tests) I'm currently testing without the additional editor file for my Four Nations competition as that is the only thing related to Scotland I changed. I loaded a game up without my league system and, this never happened, if fact over 10 years it the Irish leagues got a slight bump in reputation.

While teams have plenty of money and even 2nd and 3rd tier teams can have large transfer budgets they rarely spend it. This gets progressively worse as the years go by, wages also creep up and up so even very small teams end up having their terrible players on thousands a week. Is there any way to bump the transfer frequency so teams spend more?

I believe you made a thread regarding the custom continental competition too, they solution there will also solve the reputation issue you're having.

As for the money, did you edit the transfer/wage values set under the nation? Those are the averages the game aims for depedent on reputation, so should have a pretty big impact if you update the finances elsewhere but not there.

On 05/09/2023 at 21:33, cioldan said:

Hi!

I created files with changes, e.g. I merged two Koreas and made a large country of Kamchatka from the North. I changed citizenships, cities, etc. and finally stripped all clubs from those regions of their league affiliations.
Based on these changes, I created two files with advanced rules for the United Korea league and for Kamchatka.
The files conflict with each other, because when loading both, the game remembers the changes that the clubs have been castrated from the league.
I can merge both files, only then a lot of changed entries are duplicated.
I have no experience here. Is it possible to simply delete duplicate entries?
Does it matter in the final analysis that these duplicate entries exist?

I can of course compare files, find recent entries, leave only those entries, save and merge without duplicates, but I'd prefer a faster solution.

Greetings!

I'm not sure I understand the issue here. Did you use the same clubs in both leagues or something?

Otherwise the game just applies the list of changes you give it. So if one file takes the clubs out of that country and puts them elsewhere they'll stay there unless another file specifically tells them to be added back to that country.

6 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I'm not sure I understand the issue here. Did you use the same clubs in both leagues or something?

Otherwise the game just applies the list of changes you give it. So if one file takes the clubs out of that country and puts them elsewhere they'll stay there unless another file specifically tells them to be added back to that country.

Hello,

It's working fine. The issue was, that I made general changes in one file. Then on this file I built two national_rules files with only few changes in database, but different in both file. It occurs that I need to merge files to get it work. But when i merged it, all the previous changes have duplicated. But I discovered that it doesn't matter in game. But overall changes doubled and so size of file grow as well. 

7 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I believe you made a thread regarding the custom continental competition too, they solution there will also solve the reputation issue you're having.

As for the money, did you edit the transfer/wage values set under the nation? Those are the averages the game aims for depedent on reputation, so should have a pretty big impact if you update the finances elsewhere but not there.

Yeah so far I've seem to have fixed the reputation issue, mind you the "fix" I implemented isn't quite working as intended, but it did solve the reputation problem, which in turn seems to have solved or mostly solved the transfer problem and at least alleviated the wages problem. I'm going to go back and tweak the wages/transfer values a bit to see if I can fine tune them a bit better. But right now since the reputation isn't plummeting the ability of players getting the inflated wages are a lot better so its not as bad of an issue.

Is there a list somewhere, preferably in game, of when all the international windows are. Like "3rd Wednesday of May to 4th Sunday of May?" I know you can check something to avoid clashes with international windows but if I'm setting dates manually for cup competitions I'd prefer not schedule them for those dates.

On 27/06/2023 at 23:02, camcaio said:

Hello.

Its my first time messing with the FM Editor and I am trying to create a "Global League"

I've created a new league (in Liechtenstein), added 20 teams, and it loaded normally. The issue that I am having is: how can I add a second, third, forth (etc) tier for this league? From what I could see, I can only create like a secondary league for the country, not a tier below for the league that already exists.. Can someone help me out on this one?

I will also be creating a Global Champions League. For me to do that, do I need to remove all the cups that the teams play in their countries (FA Cup, Carabao, Copa Del Rey, etc) from the database? How can I set this cup in a stage format (first round, second round, third, etc until the final)

Sorry if thats too much at once, and thanks in advance

You have to do it via Nation Rules like you did with your new league. 

Trying to apply the finishing touches to my custom nation/league, currently working on balancing the money side of things. Is there any way to give a bump to sponsorship amounts that are created/generated while playing? Or does anyone know how these are calculated? I know I can manually set them in the editor, but this is quite limited I would rather it be more dynamic.  I know I can set a sponsorship to a set amount have it set to renew and have a fixed amount, but this is very ridged. For example if I set the amounts to renew and be fixed, and have the amount a team gets be dependant on their current division level but then then a team gets a few back to back promotions/relegations they are now going to be either at a massive advantage/disadvantage depending on where they started and where they ended up. 

53 minutes ago, Germaniac said:

I have been trying to edit 1860 Munich's transfer budget, but it won't change from 0. Adding new incomes doesn't work either (it seems the existing ones don't work too). Seems like something hard-coded?

Are they playable in your save?

Hi Guys, I've spent the last couple of days falling deep into a rabbit hole of getting FM edited to exactly as I'd like it to look after taking a couple of years break from the game. 

The final couple of things I’d like to edit out are:

• The 'what's new' and 'sign up now' banners from the main menu panel if this is possible, I am using the tato23 skin but not sure if I am able to edit out the highlighted sections in one of the config files to make it look cleaner?
  • I'd also like to mod in official advertising boards but from what I have read I don't think this is possible due to licensing reasons which is ok if that's the case.

Big thanks to the community for all the hard work, I'm super happy with all options available out there, it makes the game so much more immersive. 

image.thumb.png.ffd34a2b0b7fd297347781ce6094b015.png

Edited by BigTed88

On 16/09/2023 at 00:52, Yuko said:

I'm guessing this could be a case where first transfer window budget is disabled.

Cannot think of another reason.

It's not. Now I realized that the whole 3. Liga has 0 budget (even the ones that has budget in the editor become 0 when setting up a new game) so it might be some restrictions on the league itself, but I can't find anything about it on the editor.

Edited by Germaniac

14 hours ago, BigTed88 said:

image.thumb.png.ffd34a2b0b7fd297347781ce6094b015.png

Dude... you spelt Forest wrong in your save. Kind of ironic since the correct spelling is just sat there in massive letters on the left too!

As for your question, I think you might be in the wrong place. This forum is for the database editor. For graphical things you'd probably be better off here: https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/18-skinning-hideout/

Hi everyone.

I wanted to convert all nations to have all equal transfer value, wage value and sponsorship. How to do that in the simple way rather than editing each country one by one.

PS: If using Ctrl + A. the option of editing the transfer values is not shown

thanks in advance

Edited by cuatrobarrington90

I've asked before and didn't get much luck. Editing language groupings and families etc. I've trawled through most of the files and know what I need to edit, but actually getting it to appear properly is a whole other story.

What I want to do is to be able to add additional language groups, subgroups and families into the game because loads are missing, and an abundance of languages even in the default database are grouped incorrectly. Now I am not expecting the devs to make every world language available in game, but the option to edit and add these simple things would mean that someone who has an interest in language and linguistics can do so much more with what's available.

On a similar note - regions (I mean like UK & Ireland, Northern Europe) it would also be great to be able to amend these and add to them to provide more diversity. I already edit most of the geographical information for countries anyway but this is somewhere else where I feel it falls short.

If there's a way of doing this, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction

On 25/09/2023 at 20:01, mannojunior said:

Might be a stupid question but I’m looking to do a create a club save in FM24. 

Are there any drawbacks to using the ‘create a club’ feature? I want to be able to add in my own custom graphics etc 

I think all you'd need to do is enable the setting that shows you the UniqueID of your club in game. Then you just write the configs for the various graphics accordingly. In all honesty though you'd have far greater control and customisation using the PGE (pre-game editor)

Are we expecting FM23 editor data work on FM 24, like in previous seasons? I'm basically finished editing my league/nation database and was planning on starting soonish then transferring the save but thinking now FM24 should be out in about a month, I could probably add or tidy up a few more things that will bring me to 24 release date and then aim to start fresh in 24 rather than trying for the save game transfer.

2 hours ago, CurnRaisin said:

Are we expecting FM23 editor data work on FM 24, like in previous seasons? I'm basically finished editing my league/nation database and was planning on starting soonish then transferring the save but thinking now FM24 should be out in about a month, I could probably add or tidy up a few more things that will bring me to 24 release date and then aim to start fresh in 24 rather than trying for the save game transfer.

Definitely. Especially now they're allowing you to transfer FM23 saves over to FM24 too.

Might need some tweaking to account for any changes, just as it did from FM22 to FM23 etc. but I don't see any reason editor data wouldn't work.