Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

5 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Ah yeah, I was gonna say you need to actually remove the changes, not just reverse them.

Yeah my English maybe are not the best. I just picked all the last changes I did and I removed them. Anyway it worked but now it seems that if I want to change a colour in one of these teams I will have to do it in both files 😂😂😂.

Anyway for the moment it's solved 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, vourtsio said:

Yeah my English maybe are not the best. I just picked all the last changes I did and I removed them. Anyway it worked but now it seems that if I want to change a colour in one of these teams I will have to do it in both files 😂😂😂.

Anyway for the moment it's solved 

Just to clarify, are you removing the changes here:

20230411173224_1.thumb.jpg.76d90fa50c434cc780fdc147159abaa8.jpg

And then clicking "Reload Database And Apply Undelete Changes" once done?

If you do that it should be as if you never changed them in that file, so it shouldn't affect any other files anymore.

For a long time I've had it working that teams promoted from my 9th tier to 8th tier turn semi-professional. I've made a change somewhere that has stuffed this up and they're now instantly turning professional on promotion - usually destroying their financial position while the clubs that started as semi-pros are staying that way.

Can anyone tell me what setting I might have messed with to cause sides to jump directly from amateur to professional without going via semi-pro. The contract types for both divisions are unchanged from my last game. The only alteration I've made is slightly improving division and team reputation - but I still don't see why this would only affect promoted teams.

If it's any clue this file was created on the 20.3 database but is being played on the 20.4 patch.

EDIT: I think it's because a couple of the starting teams in tier 8 were set as professional rather than all being semi-pro. Running a test season to find out.

EDIT 2: I was right, I don't know how many teams will trigger it to change but if everyone is set as semi-pro that's what promoted teams will change to. Leaving this up for the benefit of somebody who might Google for an answer later.

Edited by Supermercado99

Is there any way for me to mass-delete playing histories from a bunch of players?
Using the editor how I do, there's only one way I know of, and that's going through them one by one - but I would have to do that for thousands of players.

9 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Just to clarify, are you removing the changes here:

20230411173224_1.thumb.jpg.76d90fa50c434cc780fdc147159abaa8.jpg

And then clicking "Reload Database And Apply Undelete Changes" once done?

If you do that it should be as if you never changed them in that file, so it shouldn't affect any other files anymore.

That's exactly what I did!

In Nation Rules I have the numbers set to the number of teams in the division, however when I test rules this happens (basic rules) does anyone know what I've missed?

image.png.2b82feea0a238ce10c75ec127f2094f8.png

Edited by Vakama2619

If you've got all your league dates and cup dates manually set up to avoid clashes, is there any reason to use the "check for clashes with" option in league schedule settings for anything other than internationals? I found that despite having set dates for both it was stopping the entire league season of my FA Cup semi-finalists while it waited for the game to be played - despite the league games being on Saturday and cup games on Sunday, so it could have just postponed the games of the qualifying teams instead of giving all the teams the weekend off. 

Just want to confirm this is most relevant domestically when you're relying on the AI to generate a fixture, not when you've set your own specific match dates.

image.png.c55ffc823c2f419594e7861add3a60b9.png

Edited by Supermercado99

1 hour ago, Supermercado99 said:

If you've got all your league dates and cup dates manually set up to avoid clashes, is there any reason to use the "check for clashes with" option in league schedule settings for anything other than internationals? I found that despite having set dates for both it was stopping the entire league season of my FA Cup semi-finalists while it waited for the game to be played - despite the league games being on Saturday and cup games on Sunday, so it could have just postponed the games of the qualifying teams instead of giving all the teams the weekend off. 

Just want to confirm this is most relevant domestically when you're relying on the AI to generate a fixture, not when you've set your own specific match dates.

image.png.c55ffc823c2f419594e7861add3a60b9.png

That's my understanding as well. If you've manually set each date and there aren't clashes, it shouldn't matter. If there are clashes, and you only want league games postponed if that team is playing a cup game, then "none" will work (as long as the league's "fixture priority" is lower)

If you're leaving a lot of the scheduling to the AI, those options can help for sure. Or if you know certain international tournaments might crop up (like, if your national team might qualify for them) and want them accounted for with a break in those circumstances (although that might also be contemplated by "stop for internationals" under fixture rules)

So like, im very very new to FM database editing (FM23) and I have a couple things I wanna ask about it.
- Is there a way to add a new player to a team (I.E. Creating a player from scratch)
- Can I remove a player's face?
- Is there a blanket option to remove every player in the game so I can create entirely fictional ones?

Thanks

9 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

That's my understanding as well. If you've manually set each date and there aren't clashes, it shouldn't matter. If there are clashes, and you only want league games postponed if that team is playing a cup game, then "none" will work (as long as the league's "fixture priority" is lower)

If you're leaving a lot of the scheduling to the AI, those options can help for sure. Or if you know certain international tournaments might crop up (like, if your national team might qualify for them) and want them accounted for with a break in those circumstances (although that might also be contemplated by "stop for internationals" under fixture rules)

Thanks for that, I've just set the top two divisions to international only so hoping in my new season (my 16th restart since 'finalising' my FM23 editor file) it won't mess around with the fixed match dates as much.

6 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

Thanks for that, I've just set the top two divisions to international only so hoping in my new season (my 16th restart since 'finalising' my FM23 editor file) it won't mess around with the fixed match dates as much.

I've taken full control by running a bunch of sims and seeing which matchdays are used for international dates, qualifiers, friendlies etc (seems to be on a 2-year cycle mostly). Then planning for those in my scheduling and still going with "none".

And 16th is nothing, haha don't think of it as a false start, think of it as tweaking the database so it's the best it can be... editing is the fun part anyway! :lol:

19 hours ago, NataNataNataKo said:

So like, im very very new to FM database editing (FM23) and I have a couple things I wanna ask about it.
- Is there a way to add a new player to a team (I.E. Creating a player from scratch)
- Can I remove a player's face?
- Is there a blanket option to remove every player in the game so I can create entirely fictional ones?

Thanks

1. Yes, just choose this option here (bottom right):

20230419225818_1.thumb.jpg.fba5bb65cdff57dd0a3074fac5001e02.jpg

You can then add them to a team on their "Contract" page.

2. You should be able to. I don't really deal with the graphics side of things, but you can add/change player faces, so surely you can remove them too.

3. No. I'm pretty sure you'd need to manually delete them all. You can CTRL+A to select every player on the page at once to speed up the process, it's still going to take awhile though. I think some people have shared blank databases they've made in the past, so if you have a look around you might be able to find one.

Thank you to both @themodelcitizen and @Samuel77 for your help with the Groups.

I think I've messed up somewhere else though, as for some reason despite the leagues now working fine I cannot get the custom cup competition to appear in the game,.

I can manually add it to the Competition list, but it won't show in the mini menu on the left hand side.

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 15.50.49.png

How do I go about setting up a Supercup-like competition (meant to start in summer, drawing in last season's winners of certain competitions as participants) if there aren't any participants for the first season and I want it to only start at in the 2023/2024 season in the advanced rules?

Essentially, the competitions whose winners participate in that Supercup are new ones, meaning they don't have winners for the previous season. And I would prefer not to just define some teams as previous winners in order for it to verify.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb themodelcitizen:

"Start year" or whatever it is on the competition rules (when you click the competition name itself on the list of rules in the bottom left)

Unfortunately  it still doesn't verify if I choose a start year.

I can work around it by specifying every single year starting from 2023 via "Valid Years" at least, it just feels a bit clumsy to do it this way.

Thank you for your response, it's very much appreciated!

Il y a 8 heures, adamjdyer a dit :

It's quite strange, when I load your DB there is no trace of Liberty Open...

image.jpeg.45281c181937f26fb6db1186c90743fa.jpeg

image.jpeg.83902ca15431c83e365369a833d8c123.jpeg

image.jpeg.b0cb2eb6f0275856512a7039c9306d57.jpeg

But there is his ghost !

image.jpeg.2ffeb948ede9590904e347f5a71545d7.jpeg

It is also included in the Changes Database.

Honestly I don't know how to help you. Maybe try recreating it to see if the "new" Liberty Open appears. Add something to its name (e.g. Liberty Open TT) so as not to confuse it.

11 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

It's quite strange, when I load your DB there is no trace of Liberty Open...

image.jpeg.45281c181937f26fb6db1186c90743fa.jpeg

image.jpeg.83902ca15431c83e365369a833d8c123.jpeg

image.jpeg.b0cb2eb6f0275856512a7039c9306d57.jpeg

But there is his ghost !

image.jpeg.2ffeb948ede9590904e347f5a71545d7.jpeg

It is also included in the Changes Database.

Honestly I don't know how to help you. Maybe try recreating it to see if the "new" Liberty Open appears. Add something to its name (e.g. Liberty Open TT) so as not to confuse it.

No worries bud. Appreciate you helping either way! 

On 21/04/2023 at 00:04, adamjdyer said:

Thank you to both @themodelcitizen and @Samuel77 for your help with the Groups.

I think I've messed up somewhere else though, as for some reason despite the leagues now working fine I cannot get the custom cup competition to appear in the game,.

I can manually add it to the Competition list, but it won't show in the mini menu on the left hand side.

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 15.50.49.png

You need to add rules for it. The rules and competition additions are done separately.

Click on the List page, above United Kingdom, then click Add on that list. That should add Other to the dropdown box, select that one and then change its competition to Liberty Open. That Other entry will now show as Liberty Open. You'll still need to add all of the rules of course, it will be completely blank to start with.

On 19/04/2023 at 17:58, themodelcitizen said:

I've taken full control by running a bunch of sims and seeing which matchdays are used for international dates, qualifiers, friendlies etc (seems to be on a 2-year cycle mostly). Then planning for those in my scheduling and still going with "none".

And 16th is nothing, haha don't think of it as a false start, think of it as tweaking the database so it's the best it can be... editing is the fun part anyway! :lol:

Turns out this didn't help, but for anyone having the same problem I've realised it's because I still had 'number of dates' ticked and set to 38 in the League Schedule > General section. The division match days are Saturday/Wednesday, and I can see the second round of the season was played on a Wednesday even though I didn't have that in my dates list. Unticking this doesn't cause any verification issues so that needs to be done to be absolutely sure you're going to get your schedules the way you want them. 

21 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

Turns out this didn't help, but for anyone having the same problem I've realised it's because I still had 'number of dates' ticked and set to 38 in the League Schedule > General section. The division match days are Saturday/Wednesday, and I can see the second round of the season was played on a Wednesday even though I didn't have that in my dates list. Unticking this doesn't cause any verification issues so that needs to be done to be absolutely sure you're going to get your schedules the way you want them. 

Interesting, that must tell the game to generate its own fixtures from your start and end date and ignore any other instructions. Good to know, I've probably been affected by that and never realized what the issue was

How do I block B teams from being able to advance into the first league and from playing in the same league as their first team  via Advanced Rules again?
I am looking at Promotion/Relegation and I'm a bit confused by the whole "Allow Teams to be promoted from lower division" and "Allow teams to be promoted into lower division". Seems like I'm setting the rules for the second league via the first league here, or am I mistaken?

Anyways, I had none of them ticked because I didn't want B-Teams to be promoted that far up the ranks, but testing showed that they would get promoted.

I've been playing with an amateur team that I took from the third level in the Netherlands to the Eredivisie and it's been great so far. I'm now at a point where I'm running into the issue that I have no homegrown club players (trained at club 15-21) that are anywhere near good enough to play for my 1st team in international competitions like the CL. Is there any way for me to add a B-team or "jong" team (like Ajax/Feyenoord/AZ/Utrecht etc have) and have them play in the 2nd level of the Netherlands so my youth players that are coming through now can get some experience at a decent level? Right now I've got a reserves team and u18s but they're not in any competition, just playing friendlies

Would someone mind taking a look at my file please?

My League is setup so that there are two 'Premier' divisions (elite and super) and each of these have 2 relegation places (so 4 in total).

Below them is the Developmental Leagues of which there are 4, each with 1 promotion place each (so 4 promotion places in total).

spacer.png

For some reason I cannot get the two leagues to match up when it comes to Promotion or Relegation. The Premier Divisions are okay I think, but the Developmental Leagues tend to confuse it. 

If I say there are 4 promotion places across the Leagues it says that they're 16 promotion places. But If I change it to 1 promotion place it says that 1 isn't enough?

spacer.png

I've toggled between changing the rules to Flexible Format etc, but it didn't seem to make a difference.  What am I missing there?

Thanks in advance.

NFA.fmf

I just realized that some clubs have multiple of the same supporter objectives with different importance. How does it work? I doubt they stack because in that case it should've been 10+6 instead of 10+2+4.

image.thumb.png.468100cb196de487baac82129a747bb0.pngimage.thumb.png.b716aec1a2d0a3827c305e0fc50cca0c.pngimage.thumb.png.5efa9e33dd7cb759ebc77e84469b3c3f.png

Edited by Germaniac

Am 26.4.2023 um 16:38 schrieb adamjdyer:

Would someone mind taking a look at my file please?

My League is setup so that there are two 'Premier' divisions (elite and super) and each of these have 2 relegation places (so 4 in total).

Below them is the Developmental Leagues of which there are 4, each with 1 promotion place each (so 4 promotion places in total).

spacer.png

For some reason I cannot get the two leagues to match up when it comes to Promotion or Relegation. The Premier Divisions are okay I think, but the Developmental Leagues tend to confuse it. 

If I say there are 4 promotion places across the Leagues it says that they're 16 promotion places. But If I change it to 1 promotion place it says that 1 isn't enough?

spacer.png

I've toggled between changing the rules to Flexible Format etc, but it didn't seem to make a difference.  What am I missing there?

Thanks in advance.

NFA.fmf 46.51 kB · 1 download

Unfortunately this was apparently created on a previous database, so loading it now does **** it up to the point where I can't work with it.

I did have a similar issue recently, however, with a slightly different layout and here's what fixed it:
1.) If it is a multi-stage competition (I had league phase, split the table, then championship group and relegation group), it is of utmost importance to go to your relegation stage (and promotion/championship stage) -> League Settings -> Matches from other stage -> Check Extra League Games -> Add one line, do nothing with it

2.) I did have one league that consisted of 4 groups. So that works slightly different than yours, probably - did you create these leagues as subdivisions to a parent division, right? Anyways, with those 4 groups in 1 league, I had to set the promoted teams to 1 but minimum and maximum to 4; not quite intuitive because the league settings say "All groups" which could be interpreted as setting the total amount, but it turns out that it applies that one rule to all groups.

Could someone help on setting the board members of a new club? it insists on not working.

I created a new club at pre-game editor but every time I add the board members they simply dont appear in game. They are there in the editor but the game generate new people instead of using the ones I created.

I even tried to replicate everything in Chelsea so to have the same type of chairsperson but still it doesnt work.

Below you can see the in game President and Director of Football and the other director:

image.png.c0396b6fd4998665acfbfb39e0bb55d9.png

below you can see the editor file where they are there in the board:

image.png.13c8c5f8e5046a3e80bcdf766e0370c2.png

I even entered a non-player history for each one of them in the same team and finally, I set the same config on ownership as chelsea to have the same result but it still doesnt work:

image.thumb.png.eae27ee72c3e30e0d83363d91f3bd63b.png

waiting for some expert to help.

thanks

il y a une heure, Oultre a dit :

Pretty sure they just adds another home jersey, not an away one. 

Ahah you can be more than pretty sure I'm sorry :lol:

It's supposed to be below Home Jersey with the Third and GK's too.
Can you send your file ?

2 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

Ahah you can be more than pretty sure I'm sorry :lol:

It's supposed to be below Home Jersey with the Third and GK's too.
Can you send your file ?

Sure. It's technically someone else's Norwegian file. I just meant when you look at clubs with H/A/T it has a heading for each one. That's why I think it just adds another to the home jersey. 

Lower League Norway.fmf

On 29/04/2023 at 01:30, Oultre said:

I'm trying to add an away kit to a club in the pre game editor that one has a home kit in custom db; and I cannot figure out how to do it.

example.PNG

Click on the Filter box at the bottom left and untick the option there.

Looks like you might have the option on that hides any pages that don't already have data on them.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

Click on the Filter box at the bottom left and untick the option there.

Looks like you might have the option on that hides any pages that don't already have data on them.

Thanks!

I basically wanna make Arsenal crap, and rebuild them. Like move them down to a low division and rebuild their reputation. What’s the easiest way to do that? Can I bulk edit the players stats so they aren’t all way too good for lower level? 

Am 4.5.2023 um 07:09 schrieb Mobius:

I basically wanna make Arsenal crap, and rebuild them. Like move them down to a low division and rebuild their reputation. What’s the easiest way to do that? Can I bulk edit the players stats so they aren’t all way too good for lower level? 

The easiest way would be to just remove those players from Arsenal entirely, which is way quicker than editing all their attributes one by one until they are bad enough.

Bulk-editing is possible, but you're essentially turning all players into copies of each other that way, which probably isn't what you want.

I put together a little database that might be for your needs:

I edited Arsenal's reputation and finances to resemble those of a better Vanarama National Team, put them into the Vanarama National (and filled up the rest of the leagues by just promoting one team from the lower league to keep some realism).

I removed all of Arsenal's players and staff, including youth players. I did allow the youth teams to stay in their respective divisions, though. I did also allow them to keep their stadium, although I did reduce ticket prices to match/just slightly surpass VNL level. Facilities were set to roughly match those of Vanarama National League Teams.

If you load up that database, my recommendation is that you untick "Do not Add Key Staff" and to tick "Add Players to Playable Teams".
This will ensure that would will get some staff as well as generated players at Arsenal, and those happen to roughly match Vanarama National Players (Potential usually matches decently well, they might be a bit worse in terms of ability).

I also made it so Arsenal wouldn't play in the Europa League.

I thought that was the more interesting way to go about it rather than just swap the squads of Arsenal and Boreham Wood and put Boreham into the PL instead.

Arsenal in Vanarama.fmf

Hope this one does it for you.

Hi,

I am currently trying to put Bangor City back into the JD Cymru North.

However, when starting the save file, the game is only generating a wage budget of £90 per week regardless of what value i put in remaining wage budget in the editor, any ideas why?

10 hours ago, MRC said:

The easiest way would be to just remove those players from Arsenal entirely, which is way quicker than editing all their attributes one by one until they are bad enough.

Bulk-editing is possible, but you're essentially turning all players into copies of each other that way, which probably isn't what you want.

I put together a little database that might be for your needs:

I edited Arsenal's reputation and finances to resemble those of a better Vanarama National Team, put them into the Vanarama National (and filled up the rest of the leagues by just promoting one team from the lower league to keep some realism).

I removed all of Arsenal's players and staff, including youth players. I did allow the youth teams to stay in their respective divisions, though. I did also allow them to keep their stadium, although I did reduce ticket prices to match/just slightly surpass VNL level. Facilities were set to roughly match those of Vanarama National League Teams.

If you load up that database, my recommendation is that you untick "Do not Add Key Staff" and to tick "Add Players to Playable Teams".
This will ensure that would will get some staff as well as generated players at Arsenal, and those happen to roughly match Vanarama National Players (Potential usually matches decently well, they might be a bit worse in terms of ability).

I also made it so Arsenal wouldn't play in the Europa League.

I thought that was the more interesting way to go about it rather than just swap the squads of Arsenal and Boreham Wood and put Boreham into the PL instead.

Arsenal in Vanarama.fmf 18.69 kB · 0 downloads

Hope this one does it for you.

Thank you! Wasn't expecting such detailed assistance and help :) Cheers fella I will give this a crack later 

The "Final Data Update" was released on March 29, but today (May 9) they've released a "China Data Update" with 83,000 changes.

When does SI normally stop updating the database/game? It's making me hesitant to go dive too deep into a complicated project.

8 hours ago, svw said:

The "Final Data Update" was released on March 29, but today (May 9) they've released a "China Data Update" with 83,000 changes.

When does SI normally stop updating the database/game? It's making me hesitant to go dive too deep into a complicated project.

I think when they released the "final" update they did add the caveat that the Chinese update would come out to deal with their transfer window closing. That should be it, I think they're switching focus to FM24 now.