Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

vor 3 Stunden schrieb bielsadidnothingwrong:

anyone know how to move an MLS team in the Eastern Conference into the Western? 

Bring up the competition -> Teams -> add, add the team that you want from the Eastern Conference into the Western, make sure to fill the Eastern up.
I tried switching FC Tulsa and Oakland, went to Nation Rules to test and it verified without problems. Can't test it ingame right now, but perhaps you can.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, MRC said:

I don't know unfortunately, but this should be quite easy to test provided you have the ingame Editor.

Alas I do not have the ingame editor to test this myself. Planing to start playing on the game pass version see if I like FM23 or not, if I do I'd then be buying it on steam probably so don't want to go spending money on the ingame editor for a version I'll not be using that long.

5 hours ago, Guilha said:

I put exactly the same CA as the recommended (104) for the sake of the screenshot (with PA 156, just as test). - I don't know if this matters, but player is 14yo.

What confuses me the most is attributes, in general, seem ok to me, and most are what they should be or near so, so CA/CP should be fine, but then there are some examples like Dribbling/Passing (that I showed) or Aggression/Pace where 1 attribute in Editor is higher/lower than the other, but then in-game they're the other way around without apparent reason.

I understand the Editor in general, but this thing I really don't get.

Well there goes my theory, I've created a pile of players for my save, Talking close to 100 at this stage but never noticed anything drastic like this. Sure a few ones can be out by 1-2 points but never a jump like you seen. In positions what is the role used to fill in attributes set too? Could it be his age? Try making them older 17/18 and see if the same thing happens.

16 minutes ago, CurnRaisin said:

Well there goes my theory, I've created a pile of players for my save, Talking close to 100 at this stage but never noticed anything drastic like this. Sure a few ones can be out by 1-2 points but never a jump like you seen. In positions what is the role used to fill in attributes set too? Could it be his age? Try making them older 17/18 and see if the same thing happens.

i can't be assed right now, but I will for ure look into this again, tweaking his age or position, maybe that's the issue, which - in my opinion - still wouldn't make any sense, but...

Anyway, thank you for trying to help anyways.

6 hours ago, MRC said:

Bring up the competition -> Teams -> add, add the team that you want from the Eastern Conference into the Western, make sure to fill the Eastern up.
I tried switching FC Tulsa and Oakland, went to Nation Rules to test and it verified without problems. Can't test it ingame right now, but perhaps you can.

Which competition? MLS EC and WC are empty, and MLS clubs as a whole aren't separated into conferences. 

vor 8 Stunden schrieb bielsadidnothingwrong:

Which competition? MLS EC and WC are empty, and MLS clubs as a whole aren't separated into conferences. 

My bad, I pulled up the USSL Conferences. Not too well versed with the US system, although I've heard it can be a pain to edit.

But I'll try for the MLS:

Go to Nation Rules -> add lower leagues to existing structures -> USA; then pull up the MLS

This is without me testing but it might be worth a try. I believe the Teams are separated by info set in Teams -> Registered Teams.
So you can go in there, put one team from 0 to 1, the other from 1 to 0 (I would just recommend swapping teams in a setup like this, at least to see if it works), then save, verify, save again and see if it works ingame.

Edited by MRC

Hello!

I still play FM 21. Where can I edit in pre game editor the CL, EL, UECL fixture dates? Because I don't want to play the group stages from october (I think reason is COVID.) If I send my file in pm, someone can help me?

Thanks!

Hi all,

How would I go about making it so a country I have added to the game play in European Championship qualifiers/World Cup Qualifiers etc as currently as far as I've simulated (3yrs) they don't seem to be

Thank you in advance

Joe

Hi folks,

Im kinda new to FM and would like to start using the editor to mess around,

is it ok to ask a few questions?

If i load the FM23 data and then edit it, is it possible to save that DB and then have it availiable to re load and edit again? i tried it but must habve mucked it up as i lost changes and it was back to the fm23 data?

also,

are there any good tutorials on YT ect that would help me?

thank you

Il y a 5 heures, bigbeezer a dit :

i load the FM23 data and then edit it, is it possible to save that DB and then have it availiable to re load and edit again? i tried it but must habve mucked it up as i lost changes and it was back to the fm23 data?

Yes, this is possible. You save the backup you have edited, e.g. Edit01, and then reload it when you need to edit it again.

For YT I never look, I guess there must be some good Tuto but I don't know.

On 16/03/2023 at 16:25, Joe Horn said:

Hi all,

How would I go about making it so a country I have added to the game play in European Championship qualifiers/World Cup Qualifiers etc as currently as far as I've simulated (3yrs) they don't seem to be

Thank you in advance

Joe

If you activated an extinct country like "Ireland pre-1922" etc, and "move" one country to Asia (i.e. Kazakhstan), you won't have troubles, maybe just the first season, but after that your new country will play all qualifications, and the clubs will play in all European leagues.  I had a save that currently has three European countries (with it's perks)

Good evening all

I want to transfer my FM22 Lyon squad to FM23 (so basically recreate newgens by myself won't be hard, just take a bit of time) but in EPL - so I created a new team (don't want to rename old ones)

How do I put my U21 and U18 teams in their divisions? I've tried to set a divisions but it seems it doesn't work the way I want.

18 hours ago, bigbeezer said:

I can see "merge editor data" or "save editor data as"

I would like to keep this DB seperate from the main FM 23 DB if poss.

Save editor data as, then just give it a name. When you start a new save there should be an option for which editor files you want to load, just make sure it's ticked there and it'll be in your game.

All editor files are separate from the main database, it's not possible to overwrite it.

Hi,

For several days I have been trying to make an update with the "real life results". I'm creating the results of all the championships so that we can start in March or in the summer of 2023 with the real results of 2022-2023.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to put the cup results. For example, how can we get the real result of the League Cup between Manchester United and Newcastle? In the same idea, I can't get the real World Cup or Champions League calendar.

I have the impression that for the cups, you can't really do what you want, whereas for the leagues it's very easy (even if it's very long) to put the real calendar with the real results.

Can I get some help? Any advice? Some screenshots?

Thank you very much

I need a little help.

I'm editing a division that includes teams from another nation. In other to do that, I need to change all the temas from that nation. But somehow, although everything works fine in the pre-game editor, when I try to start a new carrer, the game seems to keep the basic nations rules over my changes.

So, my try to workaround this is to find this basic rules and erase those.

So, my question is, where do I find these rules and delete them?

On 22/03/2023 at 09:55, rusty217 said:

Save editor data as, then just give it a name. When you start a new save there should be an option for which editor files you want to load, just make sure it's ticked there and it'll be in your game.

All editor files are separate from the main database, it's not possible to overwrite it.

Thanks ,mate,

appreciate it.

Il y a 6 heures, CRN711 a dit :

Hi everyone,

Do you know if there is a way to put a "transfer rule" to force a club to only buy players from a specific country ? 

A bit like the Athletic Bilbao and basque players rule

No, but I think you can force a club to have no foreigners. From then on I imagine that the club in question will not recruit any foreigners. It is also possible to force clubs based in country A playing in country B to recruit only players from country A.
This is in squad registration.

Hi,

what is it that dictates if a player is selected by the AI? is it his CA? or CR? 

Also, is there any correlation between club rep and the rep of a player they will or wont sign?  Say if his CR is low will they still sign him?

cheers

Hi,

is there anybody with extensive knowledge of the editor i can have a chat with? i have been editing but want to make sure i am doing it right regarding all the different atts for players/managers and what affect they have on CA etc, etc.

Lots of questions and would really appreciate a wee bit advice.

thank you

Hello There, I’m doing a Global league based in Liechtenstein and would like for the teams involved not to participate on continental competitions. Better yet, is there an easy way to remove all continental competitions?

First, I'm not familiar with the Editor, but I'm in a "team" making a lower leagues pack.

So, when you explain me something in Editor, use "easy" language...

Problem: when years pass, those teams which promote/relegate CAN start 'moving' their location.

Or, a team from south can end up playing in north aso.

How can this be avoided?

Or is this country based problem - there just should be more local area levels (to the lowest division), but there isn't in every country? Any way to add these?

There are Mods like England lower leagues working OK, so this has to be possible.

Thanks.

Hello,

when making changes in the editor to a players attributes, you get a suggested CA from the editor.

What happens if you dont put the suggested CA in? Does the player revert back to his old CA and old ATTS? 

THANKS

3 hours ago, hrmantovani said:

How can I change this in the editor? I'm trying to take on a 2-manager San Marino challenge (Italy and San Marino leagues) and I want to bring the best Sammarinese prospects to Italy before they turn 18.

image.png.7c0bb4c9203880c011aaa5d97f22c877.png

Adding San Marino to the EU should reduce the age limit to 16.

What is the recommended way to edit advanced rules of international competitions like the CAF Champions League?

I found some old manuals where they have added this competition to a nation to make it visible in advanced rules for this nation.

But I also found some files where this was implemented in a different way, see screenshot attached.

I just need to know how to navigate to this view to edit this competition.

Thanks in advance!

caf.png

11 hours ago, mi.fritsch90 said:

What is the recommended way to edit advanced rules of international competitions like the CAF Champions League?

I found some old manuals where they have added this competition to a nation to make it visible in advanced rules for this nation.

But I also found some files where this was implemented in a different way, see screenshot attached.

I just need to know how to navigate to this view to edit this competition.

Thanks in advance!

caf.png

IMO this is the best way:

The important part is that while you need to open nation rules to get access to the rules, the file needs to be setup as a continental rules file in order to work.

Also note that while you can edit the tournament itself, you can't edit the qualifying system. Last I checked it wasn't possible to edit the European or Asian competitions without causing issues either. Africa, North America and South America can all be edited fine though.

Hi,

i have been editing players in the pre game editor, i have done quite a lot of work. There is an option to merge? Can i merge my work with the latest update?  I have only changed attributes, not moved players to different clubs.

thanks

4 hours ago, bigbeezer said:

Hi,

i have been editing players in the pre game editor, i have done quite a lot of work. There is an option to merge? Can i merge my work with the latest update?  I have only changed attributes, not moved players to different clubs.

thanks

Just load it up with the latest version of the game/editor downloaded and save it. That should be all you need to do.

Merge is used to combine it with other editor files, so it's not something you'd need to work with an official update.

4 hours ago, AhmedUK1 said:

Hi

Any idea if/how I can give a league more European places? I used to be able to do it with coefficients in the details page of the competition but I cant find it now

The coefficients section is on the nations page. I believe it's always been there, not the competition page.

20230406084610_1.thumb.jpg.c57ab5c0d261e52334855a8ccddb8eb4.jpg

Is it possible to give minus points for a defeat when setting the league point system? It's like the rule "The team that wins the match wins 3 points, the team that loses loses 3 points"

It can be +1/-1 here, for example, the number doesn't matter. The feature of the system is that the losing team loses as many points as the winning team wins.

I've noticed that the editor only allows for a minimum of 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss. I'm wondering if there's any way to make my point system work within the FM universe or if it's just not possible.

Not exactly an editing question but here is my confusion.

I am working on 2 different files.

The one contains name changes of clubs, completion etch and the other one is only for competition and club colours.

When I start a new game I can't see the colour changes I've made, for some reason game reads first the file that I didn't make colour changes.

Is there a way I can "force" the game to show the color changes I've made?

53 minutes ago, vourtsio said:

Not exactly an editing question but here is my confusion.

I am working on 2 different files.

The one contains name changes of clubs, completion etch and the other one is only for competition and club colours.

When I start a new game I can't see the colour changes I've made, for some reason game reads first the file that I didn't make colour changes.

Is there a way I can "force" the game to show the color changes I've made?

Game will read all files in alphabetical order so you can change names.

I'm relatively experienced in using the editor, the resource archiver etc but this has stumped me. I want to add international rules but the editor is only allowing me to add random nations from a particular continent when I want to add specific teams. The "teams" section is greyed out. What do I have to change in the resource archiver to activate the ability to add specific teams to International Rules?

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 15.17.28.png

15 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

Game will read all files in alphabetical order so you can change names.

Just named colours as A.name.fmf abd the name changes as X.name.fmf but it didnt work!!! What's going on?

I knew the game reads alphabetical but this time NOOOO!

WTF

2 hours ago, Hibeesbounce said:

I'm relatively experienced in using the editor, the resource archiver etc but this has stumped me. I want to add international rules but the editor is only allowing me to add random nations from a particular continent when I want to add specific teams. The "teams" section is greyed out. What do I have to change in the resource archiver to activate the ability to add specific teams to International Rules?

Screenshot 2023-04-10 at 15.17.28.png

Don't suppose you can do it in advanced rules instead? It's a completely different screen there and lets you choose specific teams, as well as a bunch of other options.

1 hour ago, vourtsio said:

Just named colours as A.name.fmf abd the name changes as X.name.fmf but it didnt work!!! What's going on?

I knew the game reads alphabetical but this time NOOOO!

WTF

It sounds like there's something wrong with your colours file. If both files are editing different things then they wouldn't even affect each other so load order shouldn't matter.

On 02/04/2023 at 08:30, bigbeezer said:

Hello,

when making changes in the editor to a players attributes, you get a suggested CA from the editor.

What happens if you dont put the suggested CA in? Does the player revert back to his old CA and old ATTS? 

THANKS

any ideas?

thanks

2 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It sounds like there's something wrong with your colours file. If both files are editing different things then they wouldn't even affect each other so load order shouldn't matter.

So, when I started the History fix file I also edited the colors of all teams from Ligue 1 - National 2, after this the idea of the colour changes file was born. Now yesterday I thought to revert the colours in the  History fix file as it was in the original DB and that's what I did. But when I combined them 2 happened what I described in my other messages. The crazy thing is that the teams from L1 to national 2 had the original db colours but in all others I could see the changes I've made, that drives me mad. Anyway after I found a solution and I discarded all the changes I've made in those teams and now I can see the changes.

Very confusing but anyway....

8 hours ago, vourtsio said:

So, when I started the History fix file I also edited the colors of all teams from Ligue 1 - National 2, after this the idea of the colour changes file was born. Now yesterday I thought to revert the colours in the  History fix file as it was in the original DB and that's what I did. But when I combined them 2 happened what I described in my other messages. The crazy thing is that the teams from L1 to national 2 had the original db colours but in all others I could see the changes I've made, that drives me mad. Anyway after I found a solution and I discarded all the changes I've made in those teams and now I can see the changes.

Very confusing but anyway....

Ah yeah, I was gonna say you need to actually remove the changes, not just reverse them.