Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

Hello!

(My english is bad.)

I want to create a 32 teams Champions League, just with second divisions winners plus english 2-3-4-5. division winners.

Where/how/what I need set the teams that working well?

Thanks

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/12/2022 at 22:53, Luke Cro said:

is it possible to make clubs to get professional status in certain division??

I think I've seen similar option in advanced rules (not sure if this year's or earlier). And I believe that if a clubs in this certain level are pro or semi-pro, the board will automatically try to change status to pro/semi-pro.

On 14/12/2022 at 00:03, GreatMarinho said:

Hi, is it possible to set somewhere that a club owner wants to sell his club?

I'm not sure there's a option in editor but I believe if you set chairmen loyalty attribute to some low value, he will try to sell the club. But I'm not 100% sure so I could be wrong.

On 18/12/2022 at 12:44, joebailey141 said:

Hi!

Just bought FM23 and downloaded some database files to fix things like incorrect names. I have them all ticked (see image below) but only some changes have worked.

As you can see, two Brazilian team names have changed but not the rest:

Any help very much appreciated!!!

Thanks.

database.jpg

brazil.jpg

For reference, I have saved the downloaded files in to this location.

files.jpg

Licensing 'bypass' can't be discussed on forums I'm sorry. You can ask on the forum you've downloaded this files from and I'm sure they will reply.

On 19/12/2022 at 22:52, Domoboy23 said:

What does moral do in the pre-game editor on the club overview?

What is moral?

On 22/12/2022 at 01:53, Frakaya said:

Hi! Question about transfer preferences in national market. The value high profile only or fairly high profile what exactly means. Is about the profile of players?

It's probably reputation thing.

On 02/01/2023 at 06:40, AceCream said:

Hi! Does anybody know how I can change Napoli's 3-letter name from "PAR" to "NAP"? I have already done the real-name fix from FM scout but it appears to not change the 3-letter name.

Thanks in advance!  

ojj par.PNG

Licensing issue, can't discuss this over here. Ask on fmscout forum to get help.

I have only “visited” the pre-game editor. I have found teams, kits, aso., but never ever edited anything.

I have found that  some unplayable lower leagues teams have only one or no kits defined. Still, those teams can be called to friendlies,

and so I would like to be able to add those kits. I am also making a kit pack, and those kits need to be created before they can be updated...

I think that I can find teams with one or no kits. I can find Add-button in Kits window aso. But... how to make a mod where only those changes (made by me) are saved?

When you make a save in pre-game editor - does it mean ‘the whole database’ by default or is there an option ‘only changes’?

Are there any "don't make this error" things?

With the mod, does it just go to Docs>FM23>Editor data? 

Does these kind of changes need a new game to be started? These are "only" graphics things...

There were all three kits and GK kits in editor, but where are kits for special competitions, like UEFA Cup? Or, how to get that part work?

And if I would like to make a mod to update those kits, what has to be put into that config file?

Thanks.

By the way, do you know any “good” manuals for pre-game editor?

Hello,I have a simple question but I don't achieve to find the answer.

I want to make a perfect player, with all the stats at 20. I put all the stats at 20 in the editor, but ingame the player just have 16 in all the stats. I have read that this is because the CA isn't enough high, but I put it at 200 in all the cases.

It seems to be impossible for me, but I checked in YouTube and there are plenty experiments of perfect players with 20 everywhere.

What did I missed ?

On 04/01/2023 at 07:41, Bigpole said:

What is moral?

I do believe he is referring to "morale".  

That's an attribute that helps the team get better results in the game, to raise morale, you need to win matches, bad results, and if they are consecutive, will lower the morale of the team, which can be or not correlate with their happiness.

How do I set up an exception for host teams qualifying for international competition? Specifically with knockout games

I was trying to set up a U18 world cup and didn't want to have to remove the host for the wc in each of the confederations.

On 02/01/2023 at 23:04, themodelcitizen said:

When you duplicate an award, you need to change the "short" name along with the "long" name. These look like default awards, but I wonder if the same step would fix it. Often that step is skipped, because you're just duplicating another competition's "Player of the Year", for example, and just changing the long name but leaving that short name. A duplicated award with an unchanged short name will often show up blank in areas that use the "short name" like that.

You can literally just change it one letter, click/tab away, then go back in to "short name" and change it back. As long as it registers a change (you can see an award's "changes" at the bottom of its editor entry under history).

Thanks this fixed it

20 hours ago, krakonico said:

I do believe he is referring to "morale".  

That's an attribute that helps the team get better results in the game, to raise morale, you need to win matches, bad results, and if they are consecutive, will lower the morale of the team, which can be or not correlate with their happiness.

smells like team spirit

I am trying to get the Oceania Champions League and Fifa club World Cup file to work together. 

The Oceania champions league has been recreated with the original version removed because it had some glitches. 

Now the Fifa club World Cup obviously isn’t going to pick the winner of that competition as in the database’s eyes that competition does not exist. 

Do I need to merge the files?

8 minutes ago, TheBigPog said:

I am trying to get the Oceania Champions League and Fifa club World Cup file to work together. 

The Oceania champions league has been recreated with the original version removed because it had some glitches. 

Now the Fifa club World Cup obviously isn’t going to pick the winner of that competition as in the database’s eyes that competition does not exist. 

Do I need to merge the files?

Do you mean you've created new rules for it? Or do you mean you've literally deleted the old competition and created a brand new one? If the latter I'd recommend against that. Running any other editor files alongside that file could break things. It'd probably only break the awards, but still it's always better to use existing competitions so that have a fixed Unique ID Number. Competitions that Get Last Winner always go based on the UID too, so if there was a competition like that it would still pick up the winners of that competition even if you created an entirely new ruleset for it.

That said, the CWC doesn't Get Last Winner anyway. It uses Get Qualified Teams, so you just need to add a qualify fate action to your OFC Champions League, basically just copy this from the default setup:

20230107212825_1.thumb.jpg.1a60a73fec6c980b07ff41bf0106321d.jpg

On 06/01/2023 at 11:15, simanon said:

How do I set up an exception for host teams qualifying for international competition? Specifically with knockout games

I was trying to set up a U18 world cup and didn't want to have to remove the host for the wc in each of the confederations.

With great difficulty. It can be done via Other Stage Rules > Stage Actions though.

Here's an example of a setup that would do it. This is for a group stage, but the concept is the same, just change Get League Stage teams for Get Cup Round Teams instead.

20230107213615_1.thumb.jpg.3b8698c4486fcbe56e4445898a4c9e43.jpg

20230107213632_1.thumb.jpg.b500050ab2865b6a49e66e7fb3baf1ac.jpg

The Competition is the competition they should qualify for and the Stage Index is the Stage where the knockout stage you want to qualify teams from is. You want to set up a series of Get Teams From Team Pools there. On each one tick the Max Number Of Teams In Overall List box and choose the total number you want to qualify. It will then qualify teams from the team pools in top to bottom order (so you want the latest rounds at the top and the earliest rounds at the bottom) until it has enough teams. In each Team Pool, add Get Host Nation Team (choose the finals competition) and tick the Ignore Team box, that will ensure the host is missed out. Then add Get Qualified Teams For Comp and choose the finals competition, again tick the Ignore Team Box, this will ensure previously qualified teams are missed out too preventing duplicates here and ending up with not enough qualified teams. Then add Get Cup Round Teams and choose the round name, you can sort by results if you want to give priority to the winners of the round or whatever else. Then in your next Team Pool have the same setup except choose the next round down, eg. if your first Team Pool got teams from the Final then the 2nd one should get teams from the Semi FInal). Keep doing that until you've got enough rounds to ensure it'll have enough teams regardless of the host being there or not.

Then if it all works correctly it should skip over the host and qualify the next best team from that round for the finals competition instead,

Le 05/01/2023 à 10:30, Pedro_SMC a dit :

Hello,I have a simple question but I don't achieve to find the answer.

I want to make a perfect player, with all the stats at 20. I put all the stats at 20 in the editor, but ingame the player just have 16 in all the stats. I have read that this is because the CA isn't enough high, but I put it at 200 in all the cases.

It seems to be impossible for me, but I checked in YouTube and there are plenty experiments of perfect players with 20 everywhere.

What did I missed ?

Nobody have the solution ?

Le 03/12/2022 à 07:36, rusty217 a dit :

What did you set as their Based Nation when you moved them over?

IIRC national restrictions in transfers and squad registration apply to the Based Nation, rather than the Nation. So if you were to restrict transfers to no foreigners that might work still.

@rusty217 

If I understand correctly:
I place Italian teams in France but they remain based in Italy and I apply the rule that French teams cannot recruit Italians, this will not apply to Italian teams playing in France?

To go further, if I apply this also in Italy as Italian teams can't recruit French players, Italian teams playing in France won't recruit French players and French teams won't recruit Italian players?

For the Squad Registration if I ask to have 15 players from the same nation it is required to have 15 players from the nation in which there is this Squad Registration (e.g. in France 15 French players including for a club based in Italy I think)

6 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

@rusty217 

If I understand correctly:
I place Italian teams in France but they remain based in Italy and I apply the rule that French teams cannot recruit Italians, this will not apply to Italian teams playing in France?

To go further, if I apply this also in Italy as Italian teams can't recruit French players, Italian teams playing in France won't recruit French players and French teams won't recruit Italian players?

For the Squad Registration if I ask to have 15 players from the same nation it is required to have 15 players from the nation in which there is this Squad Registration (e.g. in France 15 French players including for a club based in Italy I think)

You'll have to test it out. I don't do much with squad registration rules, sorry. Usually I only make it less restricted than the default settings, not more.

Does anyone know what this error means?

I've created a custom u23s tournament but I keep getting this error when trying to validate the rules. The Lash u23 cup is my custom tournament and there are no pre arranged fixtures so it shouldn't be trying to add any. Every time I validate, its a new fixture with different teams in the error that pops up.

Please note, I duplicated this custom tournament from my u19 tournament which validated with no issues.

Picture1.jpg

Il y a 10 heures, themodelcitizen a dit :

Rusty's right but I think if they get in CL they'll need to have homegrown players of their "nation" (not "based nation")

@themodelcitizen I'm Sorry, I did not see your answer 
Do you mean that there could be a risk that, for example, Italian players playing in the French league would not be recognised as "homegrown player for Nation" in the UCL because their club is based in Italy although playing in France?

1 hour ago, Samuel77 said:

@themodelcitizen I'm Sorry, I did not see your answer 
Do you mean that there could be a risk that, for example, Italian players playing in the French league would not be recognised as "homegrown player for Nation" in the UCL because their club is based in Italy although playing in France?

I believe I had that issue with putting Celtic and Rangers in the English Prem. It worked anyway because they had enough English-trained players already. Maybe you could add Italy to "nations counting as non-foreign" in France's rivalries information or something like that

il y a une heure, themodelcitizen a dit :

I believe I had that issue with putting Celtic and Rangers in the English Prem. It worked anyway because they had enough English-trained players already. Maybe you could add Italy to "nations counting as non-foreign" in France's rivalries information or something like that

Yes, thank you!
In my idea I would have to reconstruct the continental cups so I would probably use "Homegrown Players From Club or Nation".
However it seems that by going through the standard continental qualification system only clubs based in the nation qualify...

Anyone knows how to make an attribute for a created player be exactly what you want?
For example i created some players and even though i chose Acceleration Pace 15 when i start the game he has 12 or 13.
I set up CA=0 and PA=125 and age 16 btw.
How do i make him have exactly 15 in a specific attribute even if he's like 16?

9 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

IIRC they changed something a version or two back regarding how homegrown players work for Cardiff/Swansea, I'd assume that would apply to other teams in the "wrong" nation too.

Setting them to count as non-foreign wouldn't affect homegrown players. Not sure whether the nation, based nation or continental cup nation decides which nation players count as homegrown for, but given the Cardiff/Swansea change mentioned above I'd assume it shouldn't have any issues (or they'd be issues in the default rules database too).

Edited by rusty217

17 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

IIRC they changed something a version or two back regarding how homegrown players work for Cardiff/Swansea, I'd assume that would apply to other teams in the "wrong" nation too.

Setting them to count as non-foreign wouldn't affect homegrown players. Not sure whether the nation, based nation or continental cup nation decides which nation players count as homegrown for, but given the Cardiff/Swansea change mentioned above I'd assume it shouldn't have any issues (or they'd be issues in the default rules database too).

I'd guess they're hard-coded (like all the craziness around the Canadian teams in MLS) but could be wrong. I thought it came up with Celtic/Rangers but maybe I need to try all the various combinations of nation and based nation 

I've just downloaded the editor for FM23 form Steam, I want to edit Portsmouth as they don't get an TV money when promoted to the Premier League, but I can't find them, I loaded the database and it loads 500 records, but no League 1 or League 2 clubs in England, so how do I get the right ones loaded as I can't find an option - I'm using the default database.

Cheers

7 hours ago, pompeyfan said:

I've just downloaded the editor for FM23 form Steam, I want to edit Portsmouth as they don't get an TV money when promoted to the Premier League, but I can't find them, I loaded the database and it loads 500 records, but no League 1 or League 2 clubs in England, so how do I get the right ones loaded as I can't find an option - I'm using the default database.

Cheers

You need to search for them. Click Add Condition at the top of the window

20230120131512_1.thumb.jpg.2b082a7c8598f2141f9145448f690417.jpg

Click on one, eg. Name or Division, then fill in what you want it to match like this:

20230120131518_1.thumb.jpg.aaa78121142e841383141fc0cac7a8b1.jpg

Hit the enter key, or click apply filter, and it should then show you clubs that match your search, like the above search for clubs named Portsmouth.

Although if they're not getting EPL TV money that sounds like it should be posted as a bug report, rather than something to change in the editor.

Hello everyone! I want to create a league with two groups of teams (A & B) . These groups will have different status: А - top teams (14 clubs), B - less cool teams (16 clubs), but  formally groups A & B - one league.  A-Teams (14 clubs) will play part of the season in their own group, and B-Teams (16 clubs) will play part of the season in their own group. After that there will be another split into groups: а) Top-8 from Group A - battle for the title; b) Teams 9-14 from Group A & Top-4 from Group B - battle for the right to stay in the group A; c) Teams 5-16 from group B - relegation round (5 worst team will be relegated in second league).

I understand what this is about parental competition. But how to make leagues with different status? And that between groups the transfer of teams was carried out?

For example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995–96_First_League_of_FR_Yugoslavia 

Edited by RinusLoijde

15 hours ago, RinusLoijde said:

Hello everyone! I want to create a league with two groups of teams (A & B) . These groups will have different status: А - top teams (14 clubs), B - less cool teams (16 clubs), but  formally groups A & B - one league.  A-Teams (14 clubs) will play part of the season in their own group, and B-Teams (16 clubs) will play part of the season in their own group. After that there will be another split into groups: а) Top-8 from Group A - battle for the title; b) Teams 9-14 from Group A & Top-4 from Group B - battle for the right to stay in the group A; c) Teams 5-16 from group B - relegation round (5 worst team will be relegated in second league).

I understand what this is about parental competition. But how to make leagues with different status? And that between groups the transfer of teams was carried out?

For example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995–96_First_League_of_FR_Yugoslavia 

I think the easiest way would be to just have them as two separate divisions. 1 at tier 1, the other at tier 2. Then use a relegation/promotion playoff for bottom teams from Group A and B, while the remaining teams in group B go into their own relegation playoff.

Why in God's name has the company not yet unlocked the ability to change in the editor which kits are displayed during games?

Some of the clashes are ridiculous. Some of the logic, such as derby matches played in the away kits, are preposterous.

This is a dead easy alteration and many of us have been asking for it for years, so it's frankly astounding to me that SI can't haven't done it. 

What happens to the players attached to a club if I delete all the clubs in a country?

If I create new clubs, with no players (only fake players created in a new save) will these new clubs try to get the players not attached to a club?

42 minutes ago, Motobaka said:

What happens to the players attached to a club if I delete all the clubs in a country?

If I create new clubs, with no players (only fake players created in a new save) will these new clubs try to get the players not attached to a club?

They'll become free agents.

Any clubs in the game will be able to offer them a contract if they want them, providing they're actually loaded into the game. Depending on their ability/reputation and the leagues you load some of them might not make it into the save.

hace 26 minutos, rusty217 dijo:

They'll become free agents.

Any clubs in the game will be able to offer them a contract if they want them, providing they're actually loaded into the game. Depending on their ability/reputation and the leagues you load some of them might not make it into the save.

Thanks.

If I don’t create rivalries, will they get established based on what happens in the game? I would like to make a Fantasy League from scratch and want the rivalries to be “organic”, “dynamic”, but if they are not going to be created I guess I rather just invent them.

5 hours ago, Motobaka said:

If I don’t create rivalries, will they get established based on what happens in the game? I would like to make a Fantasy League from scratch and want the rivalries to be “organic”, “dynamic”, but if they are not going to be created I guess I rather just invent them.

Dynamic rivalries are a thing, if teams play in games like a cup final enough they apparently increase their rivalry. Not sure about the finer points

hace 1 hora, themodelcitizen dijo:

Dynamic rivalries are a thing, if teams play in games like a cup final enough they apparently increase their rivalry. Not sure about the finer points

That is what I was looking for.  Thanks.

Is there a way to "force" teams to buy better players? I created some leagues with high reputation and big prizes and most of the clubs don't spend pretty much anything on transfers (I simulated for 15 years and still nothing changed).

Edited by Fire0Fart

On 31/01/2023 at 14:56, Fire0Fart said:

Is there a way to "force" teams to buy better players? I created some leagues with high reputation and big prizes and most of the clubs don't spend pretty much anything on transfers (I simulated for 15 years and still nothing changed).

You basically need a combination of

• high reputation clubs
  • high reputation leagues
  • players of high reputation in the squads
  • continental football