Simple questions about editing and the editor - just ask in this thread

KUBI

Is there any way to give teams the ability to have more regens from a certain country, or second nationality, at least?

So, if I was to say do Sydney United 58, as it was in the older FMs, they have a very high chance of creating Australian Croats. First nationality was Aussie, second Croat = which I think was the most accurate. 

I believe one way around was to switch nation to the nation you wanted regens from, but then that team almost exclusively had single nationality from that country you chose, but made it very unrealistic. Is there a way to replicate the older FM Sydney United 58 regens style?

Cheers

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Yuko said:

General comment, but what's the point of this thread when 9/10 questions are never answered? 

Some are. They're only going to get answered if somebody that knows the answer actually sees the question though. I check this thread ocassionally and help when I can, but a lot of things I don't know. Plus, some have regularly come up before and could be answered quite easily by searching for similar topics.

On 13/11/2022 at 23:08, aaaawren said:

Would it be possible to use the editor to convert a file from an older game to the one of the editor?

Yes. In the editor choose Load Editor Data, change the location to the editor data folder from a previous game, select the file and press load. That's it, done. Been doing it with FM22 > FM23 files no problem. Just tested FM20 > FM23 and that worked too.

You may need to make some adjustments to ensure things still work though.

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Yes. In the editor choose Load Editor Data, change the location to the editor data folder from a previous game, select the file and press load. That's it, done. Been doing it with FM22 > FM23 files no problem. Just tested FM20 > FM23 and that worked too.

You may need to make some adjustments to ensure things still work though.

Thanks for the advice but they don't show up, guess something changed between 18 and 19

I want to try a "win a title in every country" journeyman save. Game lets me load 255 editor files, but some countries are not being displayed in the league setup list. Is there still a maximum amount of editor files in FM22?

I tried to delete the missing nine nations and added them again to my editor folder, without avail. (Nations are: Afghanistan, Chad, Eritrea, Gabon, Guam, North-Korea, Mauritius, Namibia and South-Sudan)

Edit: deleting those files and take them from another megapack helped. :)

Edited by Jorgen

This is an advanced rules question, but there must be a simple answer that I'm missing.

I've got four divisions and while all of them verify, and all show in tests during the editor, when I load a game Division 2 doesn't exist. The game skips from 1 to 3, and while the teams play in cups there is no league season.

The four leagues are showing under the competition/division levels under the nation rules, and I duplicated all four from the same source division so they should all show up. When I start a game it says "you have selected four leagues from one nation", and the division shows in the drop-down of how far down to simulate.

Anyone had an issue like this in the past and can offer a solution on what might be causing one random division in the middle of a system to be inactive when everything indicates it should work?

13 minutes ago, Supermercado99 said:

This is an advanced rules question, but there must be a simple answer that I'm missing.

I've got four divisions and while all of them verify, and all show in tests during the editor, when I load a game Division 2 doesn't exist. The game skips from 1 to 3, and while the teams play in cups there is no league season.

The four leagues are showing under the competition/division levels under the nation rules, and I duplicated all four from the same source division so they should all show up. When I start a game it says "you have selected four leagues from one nation", and the division shows in the drop-down of how far down to simulate.

Anyone had an issue like this in the past and can offer a solution on what might be causing one random division in the middle of a system to be inactive when everything indicates it should work?

You've got it on both the competition and nations pages? Two separate places. Has it had the correct level assigned to it in the rules?

Try testing competitions in the editor itself, that might show you why it's not running. Although if it's verifying correctly it sounds like it's not picking up the division at all, even for testing.

9 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

You've got it on both the competition and nations pages? Two separate places. Has it had the correct level assigned to it in the rules?

Try testing competitions in the editor itself, that might show you why it's not running. Although if it's verifying correctly it sounds like it's not picking up the division at all, even for testing.

Confirmed I have them in both competition list and nation divisions page. It's got the exact same settings as divisions 1, 3, 4 which is why I can't work it out. When I test in editor it shows full seasons having been played.

Will keep tinkering and post if I find a solution in case anyone else has this issue in the future.

Update - I put all four divisions under a parent competition, and now when you start a game Division 2 shows under the parent but is greyed out.

Edited by Supermercado99

12 minutes ago, Supermercado99 said:

Confirmed I have them in both competition list and nation divisions page. It's got the exact same settings as divisions 1, 3, 4 which is why I can't work it out. When I test in editor it shows full seasons having been played.

Will keep tinkering and post if I find a solution in case anyone else has this issue in the future.

Update - I put all four divisions under a parent competition, and now when you start a game Division 2 shows under the parent but is greyed out.

Are you running any other editor files alongside it? That can sometimes mess things up, especially if you're using newly created competitions rather than ones in the default database.

Other than that not much I can think of other than having another look over the division rules, maybe there's something ticked that shouldn't be. Or maybe there's something wrong with one of the teams in that division. This isn't a US league, is it? I know sometimes MLS teams (usually the new expansion teams) can bug out when placed in new leagues.

Edit: Or what about the actual database settings (not rules) of the division? Is it set as a domestic division of the right level, with the correct nation and not set as extinct etc.?

Edited by rusty217

Hello everyone,

is there a simple way - without building the WC Q and EC Q from scratch - to get rid of the UEFA Nations League and go back to the old qualify format for the World and European Cup in Europe? (FM23)

The goal behind this: reduce the number of games during the season for the players.

I would appreciate any help or ideas.

15 hours ago, p1lleez said:

Hello everyone,

is there a simple way - without building the WC Q and EC Q from scratch - to get rid of the UEFA Nations League and go back to the old qualify format for the World and European Cup in Europe? (FM23)

The goal behind this: reduce the number of games during the season for the players.

I would appreciate any help or ideas.

No.

Not sure how exactly WC qualifying has changed, but you might be able to just edit that slightly to your liking, that'd be the easier part and shouldn't be affected by a removal of the Nations League.

Euro qualifying is linked to the Nations League though and would definitely have to be edited too. Plus I'm fairly sure the Euro qualifying rules don't actually show up when opened in the editor, so you would have to re-build them from scratch.

The easiest way to do it would be to use an existing international file where those competitions have already been done, then edit them to your liking. But even then it's going to be a fair bit of work and you'll need to be pretty familiar with the editor to do it.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb rusty217:

No.

Not sure how exactly WC qualifying has changed, but you might be able to just edit that slightly to your liking, that'd be the easier part and shouldn't be affected by a removal of the Nations League.

Euro qualifying is linked to the Nations League though and would definitely have to be edited too. Plus I'm fairly sure the Euro qualifying rules don't actually show up when opened in the editor, so you would have to re-build them from scratch.

The easiest way to do it would be to use an existing international file where those competitions have already been done, then edit them to your liking. But even then it's going to be a fair bit of work and you'll need to be pretty familiar with the editor to do it.

Ah crap, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the information, then I' ll have to take a look at what's possible.

Is there already a known file for FM23 where EC and WC incl. quali were created?

42 minutes ago, p1lleez said:

Ah crap, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the information, then I' ll have to take a look at what's possible.

Is there already a known file for FM23 where EC and WC incl. quali were created?

I expect so. A lot of people don't like the 48 team WC format, so it's likely there's a 32 team WC file out there somewhere.

I've personally done a 40 team WC as an alternative already, if there isn't a 32 already that could probably be adjusted down. https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/570079-fm23-40-team-world-cup/

vor 3 Stunden schrieb rusty217:

I expect so. A lot of people don't like the 48 team WC format, so it's likely there's a 32 team WC file out there somewhere.

I've personally done a 40 team WC as an alternative already, if there isn't a 32 already that could probably be adjusted down. https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/570079-fm23-40-team-world-cup/

This File looks really nice! Thanks!

I'm not sure those are recognized in-game, I think you still have to set the "date" in other places as, like, the first Monday after blah blah. Although some of the lunar holidays aren't capable of being set like that. Then it's just a label you can call in via TV dates etc. I could be wrong

21 hours ago, SOH972 said:

How can I set a date beyond 2100?

I'm doing a 32 teams World Cup and setting the hosts myself, but I can only do it til year 2098. Is there a way to set up host nations beyond that year?

Try 2098 with an offset date?

Edited by themodelcitizen

12 hours ago, Sapa said:

I've tried uploading a new edited file to Steam a few times, however, the thumbnail stay greyed out, the info is not displayed and it says the file is "hidden".

Any ideas what is happening?

Thanks

Finally found the answer to this.  It was because the image attached to the workshop item was too big (1.3mb).  Reduced the size to 300kb and it uploaded fine. 

This time I'll ask questions here instead of creating new posts:

1. Is it possible to set the league so that matches never end in tie but there are penalties after a draw? There is an option for win/lose points on penalties in the advanced settings so I hope you can set no ties.

2. What happens when I duplicate a club like Athletic Bilbao or Bermuda Hogges FC. Will the duplicate club adopt the same rules of operation? Anyone tried?
I change Crimea into leagues where I want to place one extinct team from each European country, clubs can register players up to 23 years old, they have great schools, I set "is institution", but they buy players of any nation anyway.

Edited by cioldan

45 minutes ago, cioldan said:

This time I'll ask questions here instead of creating new posts:

1. Is it possible to set the league so that matches never end in tie but there are penalties after a draw? There is an option for win/lose points on penalties in the advanced settings so I hope you can set no ties.

2. What happens when I duplicate a club like Athletic Bilbao or Bermuda Hogges FC. Will the duplicate club adopt the same rules of operation? Anyone tried?
I change Crimea into leagues where I want to place one extinct team from each European country, clubs can register players up to 23 years old, they have great schools, I set "is institution", but they buy players of any nation anyway.

1. Yes. On the league settings page there's a Match Rules setting, tick the box next to that and it will enable a drop down menu to the right with various options such as penalties. I've used it a bunch of times for group stages in competitions. The league table page will also update with additional columns if you set up different points for penalty wins/losses. It turns out like this:

20221203190033_1.thumb.jpg.dda4e07ef79f15f0857db27021e90c3a.jpg

2. No, it won't. Those things are hardcoded and tied to the Unique ID Number of the club, that isn't duplicated. For your Crimea issue, if you go to the Nation Page, under Transfers and Contracts there are Nation and Continent Transfer Preferences. If you put all the continents in the Continent Transfer Preferences and set the rating to -1, that should stop them from buying players from abroad.

20221203190818_1.thumb.jpg.bd243c1402457e335f06f75347e94261.jpg

You could also set up incredibly harsh transfer window rules too. Italy have a rule that limits the number of non-EU players they can sign per season, you could probably do something like that but change it to foreign players and set the limit to 0. Maybe make the transfer window only last 1 day per year or something too.

Edited by rusty217

I was editing the base in the evening and indeed missed the option with the rules of the match. Checked and everything works fine now, thank you:).

As for the second point, I set what I can, but I'm afraid to set national restrictions, because in one of the previous versions I set an option for Poland that clubs will not do transfers from abroad, but at the same time I introduced the Ukrainian club from Lviv to the Polish structure and this club also only bought footballers of Polish nationality. So I am afraid that all these clubs from all over Europe will be forced to buy people from Crimea, and there are no Crimeans people in game. I want every club to buy only from their country, so AC London from England.

I read somewhere that selecting "is institution" will make them only generate players and not buy any. However, the option didn't work, and with 10 years of simulations, I didn't see any differences with the option checked or unchecked.

4 minutes ago, cioldan said:

As for the second point, I set what I can, but I'm afraid to set national restrictions, because in one of the previous versions I set an option for Poland that clubs will not do transfers from abroad, but at the same time I introduced the Ukrainian club from Lviv to the Polish structure and this club also only bought footballers of Polish nationality. So I am afraid that all these clubs from all over Europe will be forced to buy people from Crimea, and there are no Crimeans people in game. I want every club to buy only from their country, so AC London from England.

What did you set as their Based Nation when you moved them over?

IIRC national restrictions in transfers and squad registration apply to the Based Nation, rather than the Nation. So if you were to restrict transfers to no foreigners that might work still.

Not sure how simple this is, but

How do I change a national team's record goalscorer? Specifically, the Russia national team has USSR's Oleg Blokhin as the top goalscorer with 42 goals. He only exists as a 'retired person' in the editor, without any data other than the name. The national team profile doesn't have any goalscoring records listed and I don't know where else to look. IRL USSR records are not counted as Russia's or anyone else's.

3 hours ago, gr1nie said:

Not sure how simple this is, but

How do I change a national team's record goalscorer? Specifically, the Russia national team has USSR's Oleg Blokhin as the top goalscorer with 42 goals. He only exists as a 'retired person' in the editor, without any data other than the name. The national team profile doesn't have any goalscoring records listed and I don't know where else to look. IRL USSR records are not counted as Russia's or anyone else's.

In the editor goto russia - records - player records overall. 

On 03/12/2022 at 19:45, gr1nie said:

That page is empty, same for every other national team I looked at. Filling it with the real record didn't work.

Don't know what's wrong then, cause I added marco reus to germany's records and changed the goals to 110 and it worked perfectly

Is there anyway to edit in uncertainty in ownership using the editor? 

I want to create a little more volatility in long term saves with the sugar daddy and state owned clubs withdrawing funding or selling the club in the first 5-10 seasons of a save? 

4 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

Don't know what's wrong then, cause I added marco reus to germany's records and changed the goals to 110 and it worked perfectly

Well, Russia's actual top goalscorer tally that I'm trying to set up is lower than USSR's 42. A number higher than 42 may work but that would still be a wrong record. I just need to find a way to remove Blokhin from the records altogether. 🤔

Created new advanced rule but can't use the file in game, error message saying that it needs testing before I can create a new game

So i did this test but when saving, it is still saying I need to test it before using it. I am clueless right now, can anyone help please?

image.png

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a tip around Continental rules. I was hoping to change the Match rules for AFC Champions League etc, but can't seem to load Asia unless I'm creating everything from scratch. Many thanks in advance

This may be a stupid question since I've already created quite a few databases - but how do I get into the advanced rules of a Youth League in a country where I don't wanna build everything from scratch?

Looking the change the NIFL U18 Academy League, since apparently it doesn't work without the U18s team from Linfield FC, which isn't available to them due to my database changes (that included moving Linfield to a different country)

19 hours ago, CRN711 said:

Created new advanced rule but can't use the file in game, error message saying that it needs testing before I can create a new game

So i did this test but when saving, it is still saying I need to test it before using it. I am clueless right now, can anyone help please?

image.png

It actually needs a different test. That one is for you to personally see any errors. The one to use it in game is different. At the top left of the screen next to File there should be a Rules option click on that, then on the drop down menu choose Test Rules > All. If that's successful then you should be able to use it in game. If it's not successful it will tell you why.

Player national eligibility question

Hey guys. Is there a way to edit the time it takes (five years) for a player to be eligible for a new national team? The only thing I can find is "years to gain nationality" which doesn't change the five year eligibilty requirement. Thanks

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Is there any way to have a league created in Liechtenstein have more international spaces than just the one in the conference league?

If not, what country would you recommend to choose if you wanna build an European Super League in? Preferably not one of the big countries but one where getting more starters in eh CL/EL/ECL works well. Perhaps even revive pre-1922 Ireland?

How well does that one work with international club competition?

Edit: One more question: In my database, teams that used to play in the german & spanish league systems are still drawn into the DFB-Pokal and the Copa Del Rey every year even though they are part of a different league system now. How can I fix this?

Edited by MRC

3 hours ago, OptimusPrime said:

Have you tried editing the co-officiants?

I think they're hard-coded that way, even if you make them the best league in the world. Have to win Europa Conf. and then Europa just to get into the Champs League. Fail at any step along the way and back to the beginning of the 3 year cycle (or 4 if you don't get the one continental spot)

Does anyone know the functional differences between the affiliate types?

With all settings being the same, whats the difference between Sub and Feeder, or B, 2 and II? What the heck is a regional academy? And does shared youth teams mandate youth players?

On 08/12/2022 at 00:39, animal31 said:

Does anyone know the functional differences between the affiliate types?

With all settings being the same, whats the difference between Sub and Feeder, or B, 2 and II? What the heck is a regional academy? And does shared youth teams mandate youth players?

I was thinking the same thing.