Big teams struggling - first season

Anyone else seeing the traditional big teams struggling? Half way through the first season and Tottenham are 15th, Liverpool are 14th, Manchester United are 13th and City are 7th.

Only Arsenal (4th) and top of the table Chelsea are doing as expected. 

How are the big six getting on in your save?

1 hour ago, Dalglish said:

Anyone else seeing the traditional big teams struggling? Half way through the first season and Tottenham are 15th, Liverpool are 14th, Manchester United are 13th and City are 7th.

Only Arsenal (4th) and top of the table Chelsea are doing as expected. 

How are the big six getting on in your save?

Happens on my saves and lots of people i know have said the same.

Yet another unrealistic issue within the game. As if there wasnt enough.

2 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

Happens on my saves and lots of people i know have said the same.

No its not. Sometimes unusual things happen. I for one don't want too see a game where the top six places are set in stone. Sometimes it would be nice too see somebody like say Leicester win the title.

37 minutes ago, bones2 said:

No its not. Sometimes unusual things happen. I for one don't want too see a game where the top six places are set in stone. Sometimes it would be nice too see somebody like say Leicester win the title.

Errr, yes its unrealistic if it happens in lots of peoples saves all the time, in all the different leagues. that's just silly.

If its a total one off fluke, I agree. If lots of people see the same issue, it ceases to be unusual.

The problem with a game like FM is that it’s programmed so ‘flukes’ or unusual cases are generally impossible to see. If you simmed 1 million games you’d never see Leicester win the league as that cannot happen within the boundary of the rules set. You’ll get variation in the top teams winning it but that’s it - unless the human player controls them of course and finds exploits. 

10 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

Errr, yes its unrealistic if it happens in lots of peoples saves all the time, in all the different leagues. that's just silly.

If its a total one off fluke, I agree. If lots of people see the same issue, it ceases to be unusual.

Personally I would like the game to be programmed in such a way that small teams could have a possibility, however small, of winning the league otherwise it get too boring. At least in real life small teams have a tiny chance, that is how it should be in FM.

I am talking about AI managers by the way.

13 hours ago, FMunderachiever said:

I don't think it's an issue at all as it doesn't happen in everyone's game. In my save the top 6 have been the top 6 in both seasons, none of the managers have been sacked. Both Bayern and juve have dominated their leagues both years, and top 3 Spanish teams have been the top 3 both years with only zidane getting sacked as Madrid didn't win anything.

Only Chelsea and Man City have won the league up to the end of 21/22.

2017/18

Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Tottenham H

2018/19

Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham H

2019/20

Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Stoke

2020/21

Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal

2021/22

Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, Stoke

Conte is still managing Chelsea

On my save the league finished as Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Southampton (me), Spurs. 

Klopp got sacked, he was the only manager in the top 10 to get sacked, the bottom 10, 8 clubs changed their manager. 

On my Liverpool save where I won the league, followed by Arsenal, Spurs, City, Utd, West Ham and Chelsea. 

So no not really seen it to be honest. 

As soon as you press continue everyone's game is different. 

So far, other than Spurs, top 6 is normal for me. Man city were struggling at one point and sacked Pepe in December after he failed to get out of the CL group stage. They're now 5th. Spurs are 7th after Pochettino was kicked out in January. He's now with Newcastle. Simon Davis is still Man City interim manager though. I wonder who they'll get in the summer.

Archived