[FM18 SKIN] CFM SKIN 2018 BETA

pikawa94

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work so far, absolutely love the club overview screen. Once you carry them over the panels from the DF11 Base skins work great as well. One recommendation I can give would be the possible Inclusion of a dark/er theme for the social feed tab in the final release. Thanks a ton. 

SCREENSHOT_2017-12-25 23_18_55-Greenshot.png

SCREENSHOT_2017-12-25 23_22_30-Greenshot.png

SCREENSHOT_2017-12-25 23_24_39-Greenshot.png

Great work once again, pikawa! Thanks a lot for your efforts.

The only thing I'd love to have improved is the match screen as the space for goals, cards etc. is too limited (see screenshot "cfm" which - in fact - isn't from the CFM skin but has the same structure). Would it be possible to implement a different structure such as in screenshot "tempo" (Tempo Skin)?

How could this be done?

From my point of view, a combination of both would be perfect:

1. Team view from CFM with condition and stats - opponent not needed!

2. Match stats as in Tempo Skin, could be shortened in order to also implement focus of attacks beneath.

3. Overview such as in Tempo skin but maybe a bit more narrow (because team view is more broad) and covering the complete height of the screen to display all goals and cards.

4. Shirts or club crests in overview would be awesome!

cfm.JPG

tempo.JPG

Those screens look fantastic but when I follow the instructions for the custom CFM skin, the post match review screen looks like this - "review" and "pitch" are empty, only "analysis" shows data.

review.jpg

Bravo. Grabbed this last night and gave it a try. I've been using Wannachup but this one is right up there. Probably my new go-to skin for FM18. Got the city pics working and its looking slick.

I didn't notice one thing and I have no idea if its related to the skin or something else. I watch matches on Comprehensive highlights. Been  using 2D with Director's Cam for goal replays. Never had any issues with other skins but when I was playing a couple of matches last night, the goal highlights would flicker really oddly in black and white. I switched to another 3D cam and it was the same. Anyone else see anything like this?

Edit - switched skins and still doing it, so not related at all to this skin. 

Thanks, D_LO_.

I followed the instructions and overwrote the existing panels but you're probably right and I missed something. I'll try again and if it won't work, I hope for pikawa to include it anyway in a later version.

I have all the panels for my skin how I like them but I really like the menu/title/sidebar how it looks here. I was just wondering what I would need to copy panels/graphics wise to my skin to get this outside piece? or if it's even possible.

6szCCDh.jpg

Cheers :thup:

10 minutes ago, ben carter said:

I have all the panels for my skin how I like them but I really like the menu/title/sidebar how it looks here. I was just wondering what I would need to copy panels/graphics wise to my skin to get this outside piece? or if it's even possible.

6szCCDh.jpg

Cheers :thup:

start with the client object browser.xml, sidebar menu table, header, titlebar.  in the game and generic folders. You will need to read each of this to see whch graphics it points at as well, and take those froom the skin graphics folder.

21 minutes ago, wkdsoul said:

start with the client object browser.xml, sidebar menu table, header, titlebar.  in the game and generic folders. You will need to read each of this to see whch graphics it points at as well, and take those froom the skin graphics folder.

Cheers, I'll give it a shot later.

7 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Worked a charm. Cheers :thup:

11 hours ago, parsdaft1982 said:

Is anyone able to re-zip and re upload this skin or put it on steam workshop for me please? No matter what programme I use it just doesn't want to unzip for me :(

You can download 7-Zip :thup: 

On 2018-01-11 at 12:22, parsdaft1982 said:

Is anyone able to re-zip and re upload this skin or put it on steam workshop for me please? No matter what programme I use it just doesn't want to unzip for me :(

I have exactly the same issue :(, using 7-zip, and file cant be unzipped for whatever reason. Too bad cause this skin looks ace..

19 minutes ago, poma said:

How can I remove, edit or modify this news/message window? I absolutely hate everthing that has to do with Apple!

5a5a2ea8cba16_MikaelAxelsson_News.thumb.png.50c1037d33ea40d242fb318c97fb7c96.png

\skins\CFM Skin 2018 BETA\graphics\cfm\cfm competitions - contains the apple image either delete it change to another from another skin,  I think Vitrex last year contains load of image files from other sites sky/bbc/espn/goal etc to replace it with. 

2 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

Help for a newbie:

I want to aply this in my own skin:

4.jpg

5a305c0807af0_DesktopScreenshot2017_12_1

What files do i need to copy?

Please :(

Competition news panel for a start. and then all the flies="xxx" an graphic="xx" files it points to in the cfm folders in graphics and panels. 

You make FM 2018 experience far better with this skin. This is probably the best skin for us, low-res laptop users. I was about to beg people to make a laptop friendly skin.

The skin is work of art. The news and social media tab was the least interesting aspect of the game and now, oh I love reading it. So amazing!

One small thing I'd ask, the background picture of the news tab seems a bit blurry and weird. It might be better to go with some solid color, like plain white, or a different picture

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 21.16.56.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, update would be awesome but... my SSD with system and all FM data broke (that was actually some time ago). I did not have any backups or things like that on my HDD so the progress I have made is simply lost...
Few days ago I started recreating everything again (layout). It will take a while to create everything again (especially panels...) but I will try... 
If You guys noticed any bugs in current version (resolution bugs, something is missing etc.) just let me know right now so I will be able to fix that before next bigger update.

Here is what I have got for now...

Football Manager 2018 Screenshot 2018.03.05 - 22.20.33.58.png

On 05/03/2018 at 21:27, pikawa94 said:

Yeah, update would be awesome but... my SSD with system and all FM data broke (that was actually some time ago). I did not have any backups or things like that on my HDD so the progress I have made is simply lost...
Few days ago I started recreating everything again (layout). It will take a while to create everything again (especially panels...) but I will try... 
If You guys noticed any bugs in current version (resolution bugs, something is missing etc.) just let me know right now so I will be able to fix that before next bigger update.

Here is what I have got for now...

Football Manager 2018 Screenshot 2018.03.05 - 22.20.33.58.png

Excellent news to hear that you are back creating the skin after losing all the progress you made before.

One thing that I prefer from your last beta skin is to make the sidebar and title bar a solid colour instead of being transparent. The outline around these that joins together I really like and that looks good as it is but if the red section of the graphic is solid and not transparent then that would be great.

Maybe you could provide different transparency options as addons for users who like to have a solid or transparent sidebar or title bar.

Another thing that may be good is to put the club logo on the sidebar at the bottom but above the upcoming fixture graphic.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived