[FM18] Uncle Jimbo's Icelandic Sound Explosion, (featuring other Countries, hopefully, if I get lucky, maybe). (You know, if there is an award for the longest thread title I have a sneaking suspicion that I might just be in with a chance of a nomination).

Jimbokav1971

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't look back in Angers. Europa League. 4th Qualifying Round. 1st Leg. HK. Aug 2021.

This is getting a little silly now. :(

At this point I would like to remind you that I am not a whizz at this game like @dafuge or some of the amazing Youth Only guys in here like @Jupjamieand @Makoto Nakamuraand I am simply having a bit of fun with the game and using an IR button to simulate the matches for me. A lot of the time this season I haven't even bothered to go back and watch the highlights of games, because the truth is I'm not overly bothered. I don't really start get properly "in" to a save until about this time, and I'm not feeling this one at the moment because I am resigned to the fact that I will probably have to leave HK sooner than I would like because of a debt created largely by inaccurate scouting costs, (that I "think" have now been resolved in the most recent update. I have 3 different tactics that I use depending on the game and which players I have available but they are all pretty basic really. There is nothing fancy about them and they are all tactics that I have just created myself. I'm ok at the tactics side of the game, but I'm no Cleon or Rashidi. The problem is this......

4586812593b794996cf8c63e5c9688d8.png

We won 4-1 away to Angers and we even missed a penalty. It's just not right. We should be nowhere near this level yet.

a2183722d2311451eb9121b2634b0641.png

That's more like it. :lol:

732ef56d15a67c702ad33cd3e65c5dc4.png

Loaded. 

3408d8f9b9acfb36a0db6bf9e0bc7dc9.png

Records Broken

7862b98d923c3dbd9ed3bb1015097034.png

08405564375dc704264fa5b6d36684a3.png

Astonishingly, we don't have the lowest coefficient of teams in the Group stage. Finnish club KuPS are below us. 

4e12b231f3bdba968cc0618a561aa23e.png

Oh my actual God! :eek: I've just seen that FH have also qualified for the Group stages too. I'm not sure if this is ridiculous, or amazing, or both. I think it's both. (I think my game is broken). :lol:

f1f7771cdaed2fa9ad77055b0e91337f.png

93dfa578d303d345a80648f38b7004c1.png

Maybe this ridiculous run has given me reason for false optimism, but I have at least a small chance against Besaksehir and Zorya don't I? :stop:

da06c855a78127d8a59e0db5094c5de0.png

On the other hand, I don't see FH getting much out of Liverpool or Real Sociedad, (but you never no). 

I will leave you with this. :lol:

dbebc7a9cf590be8d84cbfe7352e9412.png

On 19/11/2017 at 14:56, Jimbokav1971 said:

Good riddance to Steve Evans at Peterborough. Oct 2020.

It would be fair to say, I'm not the biggest fan of Steve Evans. 

6f2d6d8092a12649de6790e2a65eab02.png

Peterborough currently sit 18th in League 2. Their facilities are not great, but their finances are at least ok. I particularly like the 3rd philosophy so it seemed worthy of further investigation.

Darragh MacAnthony is Irish, but interestingly there is only 1 Irishman at the club, (no wonder Evans was shown the door). This would seem to be a reasonable option to progress up the ladder a little, but I don't know where I sit in terms of relative reputation. I don't want to go there, struggle with the original reputation issues and then get bombed out. Might make a sneaky media declaration and see what happens. 

Which part of Evans in particular do you not like?

Just now, endtime said:

Did you get knocked out on purpose :lol:

It might look like that but no. 

I played a weakened team away to Napoli, but in all the other games I tried to get some sort of result. I tried to get a draw at home to Napoli, (and nearly managed it), I went for the win away in Zorya, (and it was a mistake), and then we were just poor in the last game at home to the Turks.

I can't believe we haven't qualified after the 1st 2 games. 

Money on my Mind. HK. Dec 2021.

There has been a fair bot of finance-related discussion in a few Youth Development threads this week so I thought I would have a little look at it, 

Overview. The income from the qualifying games in Europe would have been goon on their own, but getting to the Group stages, (and then winning 2 Group games), is just the icing on the cake. The finances were not looking good before that.

904f17e2cc652daffd1dc8da512e1dba.png

Income

aaaf3cc66b55a119b2a831c811c93f68.png

Expenditure. Things look like they have snow-balled a little in terms of expenses, but I don't think I have had much option. The big blue wedge in the middle is travel costs and as we have just played away in Ukraine, I think you will understand why. We are only approx 3 months into the new financial season and we have already  spent  £82,660 on travel costs when we only spent £158,815 all last season. Player wages have gone up, but I am starting to secure some of our better prospects to longer term contracts and this is the cost involved. 

cd6df53460e5c538483e53f7c3936dde.png

The Masterplan. HK. Jan 2022

Although my style has been and will remain to be very much focused on Youth, I have allowed my DoF to make some signings in this save and he has also been active in the loan market. With the money from last season's European adventure safely tucked away in the bank giving me a little breathing room financially, I am thinking about declining most of the deals that the DoF arranges this season. 

I'm going to try and rid the club of players who are not home-grown where I can, and just throw the kids in and see how we go. The expectations are still only a top half finish, but before too long we will be expected to challenge for the title and KR are looking like they are going to prove a tough nut to crack. 

GK. I absolutely 100% will not be having a GK in, (either as a transfer or a loan). They are all teenagers but who cares. We have plenty of ability in this area and still significant room for player development too. None of these GK's have scored for me as yet and it's not something I'm considering at this time. 

92bb2829cb1d15d4ddf9207519d87903.png

DL. Our only DL with any real potential is actually a DC, so we have often used a loanee in this position. I am thinking about persisting with Davíð Örvar Kristjánsson HG this season though and so will see how successful the re-training goes. 

2d879ec219484909b4b04df227b1d8a4.png

DC. We usually have at least 1 centre-half in on loan, (and sometimes 2). We are weak in this area with 2 potential players for the future. If we still get loanees in at centre-half then I will step up the playing time of the 2 prospects significantly. Davíð Örvar Kristjánsson HG is the left back I mentioned, leaving just (20c) Orri Giss (Unamb) * and (18k) Atli Gíslason (Bal) as prospects. I think I might just leave this lot to it and see how they go.

b71d64b4ac2649045ddf2ac7ab1e5982.png

DR. I've eventually managed to tie (19b) Dagur Ingi (Bal) * down to a long-term contract, (2 years + 2 year option), but he now has a release clause of £200k to foreign clubs that I just couldn't escape. He is one of the 1st names on the team-sheet. We have very little depth below him. 

5b2d38533219066ccb096129955551be.png

DM/MC. At first glance it appears as if we have some strength in depth here, (at least as far as PA is concerned), but actually no. The #1 player on the list is actually our starting striker, (although I might be forced to play him in midfield this season), and the 4th, 5th and 10th players on the list are actually centre-backs who can play DM, (sort of). Add in that the 11th player is more of a wide attacker, it effectively leaves us with much less depth than I would like in a key area.

4637dc6af9d05cb9fe42cdd683a115a0.png

AMCAndri Freyr (Unamb) * is our 1st choice here and (21c) Samúel (Sport) will be given game-time to aid his development. Additionally, Stjarnan were relegated last season but STILL Ágúst Leó (Amb) * won't join a team that got 2 wins in the Group stage of the Europa league and finished Runners up in the league! :mad:

ae6390a387c1f3521f33ecb920a52dd3.png

AML. Our starters were Brynjar (F.Pro) and Donal McDermott but McDermott has an on-going issue with his ankle it seems and is often injured. I am ready to throw the top 2 in this season on a regular basis from the start.

3a72bbecb82ae97541df67d5002d3ded.png

AMR. This is an area of real strength. I inherited the 2 Bergs, but now have 3 other options that I want to play ahead of them. As good as they are, I will allow them to leave if they wish, (or we get a decent deal). 

2096b31b4216922e5538177b3e8a51ef.png

SC. My stand-out player is (18c) Harald Skúlason (Amb) *, but as mentioned I am considering playing him in the middle of the pitch to allow me to blood both (21a) Breiðdal (Hon) (2021) * and (20a) Óttarr (F.Pro) (2020) *. We will be weaker as a team this season, (ie. in the short term), but this should set us up nicely for the following season, (just so long as we aren't rubbish and I get sacked).

85e20247dc822ca499f0472bd02f3e7d.png

Summary. I think I need a left back and a centre-half in on loan. (I hope the DoF is listening), and I wouldn't be upset if a physical MC also arrived. It's ok starting kids, but at least I want to give my Ass Man the opportunity to bring someone else on at HT, (remember that I'm using an IR button for all games). 

I'm considering binning the HoYD because I'm overloaded with GK's, AMR's and SC's and am desperate for players in other positions. He's got 9 months left on his contract. In fact, I'm going to create a job advert for HoYD and see what sort of level applies for the job. That will tell me if I should bin him. 

I might also do that to the Ass Man

Leaving? HK. Jan 2022

As much as I have a plan, (a masterplan), I also don't intend staying at HK forever. 

I only have a minimal reputation even after my sojourn into Europe. 

13b7e2a636bb96f75e0e162a01f2ebe6.png

Although there has been interest and offers from within Iceland, there has been nothing from further afield, (although that might change once I get the National C License). 

The reason that this is suddenly an option is this. 

5d2d9b054e9f0aa3ea047b6499edf8d3.png

I am a Barnet fan in real life and so is my in game manager, (I think). I think I need to get up to 2* reputation before applying for jobs such as the Barnet job though. If they got relegated to the Conference I would definitely apply. 

Watford are too big. 
OB are too big.
PNE are too big.
SK Brann are too big.
Walsall are in League 1.
Honefoss BK are probably too big. 
Barnet would be an option if they were relegated, (and I might just declare an interest in the job now). 
Carlisle. There was a lad who was a bit of a rising star at Carlisle a few years ago and used to post in these forums, (Matty something I think), who didn't make it and has drifted out of the game. That makes me want to give them a go but they are probably a little too big right now. 
Scunny. I would hate managing Scunny because I don't think I can write the fill name of the club without setting off the swear-filter. Scunthorpe
Skovshoved. They are certainly an option in terms of current reputation, but their facilities aren't great and the Danish structure at that level has just confused the hell out of me. 

[Edit]

Ahhhh. Scunthorpe is no longer a naughty word. :lol::thup:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

HK. 2021 Season Summary

You already know what happened in the League Cup, (who cares), and Europe, (Group Stages), and let's not even mention pre-season, so that just leaves us with the League and Cup. 

League Fixtures.

fdf6fff275553e9721c4689f7ca95df9.png

League Table. Comfortably 2nd was mighty impressive when you consider that we played 14 games in Europe and International call-ups have started to be a right royal pain in the backside. 

000fa35f4c034d91725fb844324bbca4.png

Cup. I played a rotated team and paid the price against another Pepsi-deildin side. 

87155ab762514e36c79bf7d7dc305e31.png

3 minutes ago, nie jem frytek said:

How could I have missed this thread for so long?

Reveal hidden contents

I think it has a rubbish name and that puts people off.

Unfortunately due to a mixture of me not being able to think of a better name and not really being bothered, the name remains as is. :lol:

Deja Vu. HK. Feb 2022

I looked for tracks with, "qualification, exams, raise the bar, 1st step on the ladder and C", but I couldn't find anything worth posting, (even anything that was bad). At the same time I am about 99.99% sure that I have already passed this exam, (hence the deja vu), although admittedly I haven;t re-read the thread to check. Either way, it feels like I have so I guess that's close enough to deja vu. 

e5aa623e6237e1c6b9763c8bac5de96b.png

On 11/30/2017 at 14:42, Reggiana said:

I vote for "Uncle Jimbo's Icelandic Sound Explosion"

You know what.... Although I wasn't really looking to change the name of the thread, you are the only one who offered an alternative so what the hell. Your name is better than the original one so let's go for it! :thup:

[Edit]

I'm not sure what happens to the thread name when I leave Iceland though. :lol:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

9 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Deja Vu. HK. Feb 2022

I looked for tracks with, "qualification, exams, raise the bar, 1st step on the ladder and C", but I couldn't find anything worth posting, (even anything that was bad). At the same time I am about 99.99% sure that I have already passed this exam, (hence the deja vu), although admittedly I haven;t re-read the thread to check. Either way, it feels like I have so I guess that's close enough to deja vu. 

e5aa623e6237e1c6b9763c8bac5de96b.png

Found this for "licence", it's not bad. Vid's a bit of a daft action movie.

Bad Attitude. HK. Mar 2022

When I first started tutoring "Casual" personalities I found it a real struggle. I seem to remember quite a good player at Partizan who just wouldn't be tutored by anyone, and in the end I gave up and just released him. I never managed to get him to accept a single tutoring session from anyone. A possible reason for that is that there was too much of a gap between his, "bad attitude", and the plethora of Model Pro's that I had at the club by that stage, however we are much earlier in the save here so it's worth persevering with. 

61960c77f47263a4accb3c68a0d7f0b1.png

He refused to be tutored by Muminovic (SRB) HG, (he's F.Sport by the way), Ásgeir (F.Sport) HG and Bjarni (Bal), and there was another player who wouldn't tutor him. I think it was McDermott (IRE) (Bal). I will keep a note of who else can tutor him and try again. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Haim are my favourite band at the moment. Really quirky and unusual but absolutely brilliant. 

Apologies that my progress in this save has been on the Go-Slow. Just been busy and not had a chance to play

My DoF has been busy and I have somehow agreed to sign 3 left backs on loan. As if that wasn't bad enough, (I thought I was signing 2 left backs and 1 left winger, it actually turns out that the winger is 6'8", has 18 for long throws and a certain PPM. His name has been edited to mimic that of Sam Muggleton who is an ex Barnet youngster, (son of GK Carl Muggleton), who now a York City player. MuggleQvist will be played as a WTM simply because it would be silly not to. Not sure how that will fit with the rest of the tactic quite yet. 

7b89a473a5604f95bc53a05d779ecce7.png

[Edit]

I can't believe that I forgot to mention this, but Sam Muggleton's nickname in real life is "The Weapon", either because he has a large appendage, or because he has a very long throw. :lol:

[End of Edit]

Did I mention that it was a complete accident that I signed this player at all, never mind that he had a good long throw attribute and never never mind that he had the PPM too. Have never heard of him, he hadn't been scouted and none of this was visible. :lol:

So where does that take us musically? 

A big mistake? I hope not, but possibly. (I'm torn). :lol:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

In depth tactical discussion is all the rage recently so I thought it was time for me to delve deep into the nuts and bolts of my tactic/tactics and explain in great detail why we are playing the way we are and show you examples of that.

3be018fce8d2eaf1eadd3030e25afcf1.png

Oh sorry. Wrong thread. This will have to do. :lol: Great video though. :thup:

I've never heard of Fair before but this is decent, (if a little "poppy"). They are like a soft Green Day from the sounds of this. I was dismayed that I couldn't find a sing called "no **** Sherlock").

(21a) Breiðdal (Hon) (2021) * doubtful for Breidablik game, (and all imminent games). HK. Jun 2022.

0803337b777307f7343854da9d2e6f48.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971