FM18: Liverpool FC - Pace Abuse

cezar.sl

Just finished season 3 and had a good season. Won the premier league and FA Cup, I did however lose to Barcelona in the Champions League semi-finals (I was gutted with this one, as we drew the away leg 1-1 and then at home we lost 2-0 which really upset me). 

A couple of things, Dybala has been AMAZING! By far the creative juice in my team. Origi has come of himself and become a goal scoring machine, scored 30 goals for the season. I signed Rugani in defense with Van Dijk and they have formed a formidable partnership. Onto the next season!

liv8.png

liv9.png

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finishing up the first season.

I struggled at first, in fact, I sucked. I tried making my own tactic and they just never worked.

So I grabbed someone elses tactic, a formation I normally never use, 4-2-4.

It worked amazingly!! I have been unbeatable pretty much since. Won EPL and League CUP, FA Cup and ECL to come!

So Bobby is quite a big-game player it seems.  I'm almost finished with my 1st season and we just beat Real Madrid away in the 1st leg of the UCL semi-final after Firmino scored from distance, off the top cross bar, in the 94th minute.  It would be harsh to say that he's been ineffective in the league, but he's scored 13 in 10 (7 starts) in the Champion's league and only 6 in the league.  Despite this we walked the league, but it would be nice to see Firmino somewhat replicate his UCL form in the league... 

image.thumb.png.ff0a589d55a322147730de01fedcd87c.png

21 hours ago, cezar.sl said:

I thinks it's hard because he already has a high stat for long shots.

I remember reading that it's easier to teach a player PPMs that he has good stats for, so the opposite must be true as well.

Determination attribute plays the biggest role when learning or unlearning PPMs. 

1 hour ago, yonko said:

Nice result. How have you set up the team to play? The big 4 all scoring too.

It was a really basic 4-3-3 standard/flexible.  No TIs and only PIs were for the front 3 to close down slightly more, the cms to shoot less and Mignolet to distribute to the flanks.  Their fbs were play extremely aggressively and killed them in transition.  
image.thumb.png.ee26d75ffa2ccd154decb457700338cd.png

I tinker a decent amount with my tactic, but my base tactic is this.
image.thumb.png.1eade12de7300bb1800e5f38a65357df.png

October in first season and i just sold Sturridge to Barcelona for £48m. Hes on 130k a week and hes just too injury prone for me to rely on. I have Dolberg who is not that far behind him skill wise, and has potential to be better than him, along with Woodburn and Brewster. So i dont think i will get a better deal than 48m.

Edit: And Milner to Spurs at end of season for £40m! Hes on 140k a week for a backup 31 going on 32year old in an already crowded midfield, which gets even more crowded next season. I dont think i can get better than 40m now. Hes leaving at the end of season so he can still tutor until then.

Damn, just looked at Milners dynamics screen....he has right respect for me and we have a close relationship.....i feel awful now....maybe i'll cancel his transfer...

17 minutes ago, jakem016 said:

It was a really basic 4-3-3 standard/flexible.  No TIs and only PIs were for the front 3 to close down slightly more, the cms to shoot less and Mignolet to distribute to the flanks.  Their fbs were play extremely aggressively and killed them in transition.  

So which variation did you use to beat Real M 6:0? The top one or your base?

7 hours ago, cezar.sl said:

Doesn't the team complain when you sell him because he's influential?

Surprisingly only lallana had a slight concern and I got hendo to talk to him and all was well

1 hour ago, Siven said:

Damn, just looked at Milners dynamics screen....he has right respect for me and we have a close relationship.....i feel awful now....maybe i'll cancel his transfer...

I can absolutely understand why people want to sell him to cut the wages and because is getting a bit old. But I'm really glad I kept him because he's been instrumental for us. Great avg rating, scoring goals, vice captain, very versatile and a good tutor. Plus a lot of players respect him so getting on his good side will be beneficial with the dynamics.

That being said I'm not entirely sure how he will fit into the team next season with Keita coming in. Will just have to wait and see I guess.

By the way Van Dijk has been begging me to come get him all season. Finally gave in and signed for 45M even though I'm well set with Matip and de Vrij. Barca are hot on the trail of Matip though, and I couldnt resist the temptation of having two Dutch central defenders. :brock:

6 minutes ago, Blinklys said:

I can absolutely understand why people want to sell him to cut the wages and because is getting a bit old. But I'm really glad I kept him because he's been instrumental for us. Great avg rating, scoring goals, vice captain, very versatile and a good tutor. Plus a lot of players respect him so getting on his good side will be beneficial with the dynamics.

That being said I'm not entirely sure how he will fit into the team next season with Keita coming in. Will just have to wait and see I guess.

By the way Van Dijk has been begging me to come get him all season. Finally gave in and signed for 45M even though I'm well set with Matip and de Vrij. Barca are hot on the trail of Matip though, and I couldnt resist the temptation of having two Dutch central defenders. :brock:

Funnily enough my plan for Jan is to try and sell Matip (Barca want him too) and buy Van Dijk. Tall, Strong and great leadership, which is what we lack.

37 minutes ago, yonko said:

The low concentration and decision attributes is why I don't rate Van Dijk that highly really. My main targets for CD are Laporte (because of his passing ability and he's left footed) and De Ligt (the best youth CD prospect).

I have de vrij and de Ligt. Injuries to both Matip and lovren have forced me to play these 2 more than I would have and they are doing great. Barca are sniffing around lovren and Madrid want Matip. If I get some big bids for them I think I’ll consider it. 

I think gini will be next out of the door as I just don’t have room for him and he is already  complaining about lack of first team football.

coutinho is making noises about moving to Barca so I’m bracing myself for a busy jan window!!

5 hours ago, jakem016 said:

what is the thick line between players on that tactic ? ones on the flanks plus ones that link the middle 3? How do you do that ?

Those lines represent that those players have great chemistry with each other. If you play the same players in the same roles for enough games and they produce results, a green line will form that basically says, "these two guys play well together."

2 hours ago, TheYurpman said:

Those lines represent that those players have great chemistry with each other. If you play the same players in the same roles for enough games and they produce results, a green line will form that basically says, "these two guys play well together."

Cheers man :thup:

I've switched to 4-2-3-1 deep from the 4-1-2-2-1 i started with.

It just seems to work better, more support for the striker and with the 2 DM, more solid at the back. I just need to get Mane and Salah working consistently and inside forwards which i something i cant seem to do. 

Finally got a save going in in Jan of Season 1 going ok so far haven’t signed anyone yet I’ll will at seasons end Bayern made a 76 mill bid for Coutinho which I rejected it I want 90mill plus to join at seasons end also rejected offers for Lovern & Matip both bids were made by Barcelona already out of the league cup got drawn against RB Leipzig in the knockout stage of the champions league interesting since Keïta plays for them sold Flanagan & loaned Markovic out hope to sell him in season 2.

So, finished 3rd in my first season - was top for a while but then I had so many draws and was always 1-2 points ahead or behind Utd/Arsenal but then Utd pulled ahead and won by two points. Unfortunate but that's how it goes sometimes. Ended up winning the Europa and League Cup so that's something.

21 wins, 15 draws (!) and 2 losses - had the best defence in the league and Mignolet won golden glove as we conceded the least throughout the season. If I'd have won in about 2-3 of those draws, I would have won the league! I was only three points behind.

Dolberg was my best player by far, most goals (22) and assists (16), with Mane, Fekir and Couts on 9 goals a piece, although most of Fekir's were from penalties.

Managed to get more out of Mane by using him as a winger and switching between support and attack. 

Harry Wilson was the star of the second half of my season - 8 goals and 7 assists for him and he kept Coutinho and Salah out of the team with his solid and consistent performances. 

Unsure how I am going to tinker with the squad as there's some inconsistent players and also with Keita coming in, I was thinking about switching to a 433 and also thinking of having a BWM to wreck everyone with. 

Finally got one cranking that feels ok.

At start of game, first thing to do is scout your but off for players  as there seems to be quite a few Regens that the game generates, 10-15 of them are class and you should be over them like I am all over Double Chocolate Mud Cake with whipped cream on top.

Signed
Diawara
de Ligt
Koulibaly

Out
Ings
Markovic
Klavan
Grujic

And loads of useless players for 2-3k each.

Players that look the darn Goods!! (Stars)
Wilson
Gomez
Woodburn
Origi

Good Youth Squad/Backup Players
Tagseth
Brewster
Ojo
McAuley
Dhanda
TAA

Wilson is who I am most excited about, never had him look this good before so never used him!

Yeah, Wilson looks absolutely ridiculous in this version and it's seemingly come from nowhere.

After a glitch screwed over my Sunderland save, I'm really wanting to revisit Liverpool but they might be a bit too easy this year.

good squad this year with yougnsters.  TAA is developing well on mine - better than clyne already.

Whilst I'm playing well - The 2 manchester clubs on my save are dominating everything - I can't get close to them yet

Just finished my third season. Won the league second year in a row as well as community shield and CL. With my carapaow cup win first seson and FA cup + league win second season, I kind of feel done with this save so I'm not too sure if I'll continue for my fourth or start a new slightly more difficult save. Have been pondering a tactic without wingers/IF's to make good use of mezzalas, so I might give it a go one last season. That would mean selling off at least Mane, Salah and Malcom though.. I will probably play out the transfer window and see how I feel.

My team for the season (sold Origi in january, but he hardly played. Grabara is not in the picture. Played 7 games, avg. rating of 6.90. He has become a competent keeper, but will never challenge Donnnarumma.)

5a1cdeadedd7b_Liverpool_PlayersPlayers.thumb.png.a8a4cc375604759db69248842498dfc7.png

Competition overview:

5a1cdf8e77b3b_Liverpool_Competitions.thumb.png.80aa7f2ec2af3065b0ec50b968247fea.png

CL-run:

5a1cdf91e6c8a_Liverpool_SeniorFixtures-2.thumb.png.c9439ca5bc84ba3f652b19256bde0d2b.png

Got my revenge against Atletico who knocked me out of the semi-finals last year.

Fun fact: Moreno won champions league defender of the year. Quite the turnaround, indeed.

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:01, DawsLFC88 said:

Yes January second season. After his initial injury he put in some good performances but then got injured a couple more times so thought I would cash in on him. 

Interesting! Similar problems I'm having with him! When he's fit he is one of my best players but just not fit enough of the time!

12 hours ago, Tullekunstner said:

Fun fact: Moreno won champions league defender of the year. Quite the turnaround, indeed.

I really like Albie irl, but he's amazing in FM.  Last year in my Liverpool save he was the first player to become a club icon.  I just finished my first season and sold him to Barcelona for 45 million pounds because he was asking for ridiculous money and it broke my heart (especially because Man Utd swooped in and stole Alex Telles at the last minute after we had agreed to a deal).  

On 27/11/2017 at 09:20, eastley said:

Something off for me in this years game.

I have restarted my save 10 times I reckon, each time something feels wrong and I restart!

I had the same problem tried t least 5 times to get moving, but for me when I turned the editor and first transfer window budgets off I got going. Starting off my third season using my own tactics and am loving it

So I'm nearing the end of my first season and I have to say that the U23 and U18 squads are absolutely dominating in all competitions. Both are either in the finals or semi finals of every youth competition that they can play in. (I forget the names of them all.) The U18 squad especially is amazing. Gerrard deserves coach of the year, for sure. Some of the guys who have really stood out are Paul Glatzel and Edvard Tagseth. And Rhian Brewster, no surprise, is killing it for the U23 squad. Tons of talent all around.

Hows everyone doing for keepers?

Jan first season i can get Donnaruma for 67m (release clause) but he wants 190k a week for an 18 year old. In 3 seasons he will be homegrown though which could be useful. But his next contract wage will be massive.

Another cheaper option is Rajkovic, work permit is a problem tho. Butland is another option, bonus is he's English too.

Mignolet is doing ok, but i do want to replace him and sell Karius asap. I'm going to use Grabara as my backup keeper. Brought in Peiser to tutor him and Krabara is no a model citizen.

Archived