Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

vor 6 Minuten schrieb jam jameson:

The problem that is making me crazy is that nobody at SI tells anything about such issues being investigated, maybe they do not consider it an issue at all, while it's so plainly blatant that the set pieces are flawed and impossible to manage, that I wonder how on earth it would be possible to deny it...maybe they don't actually play the game...

There are threads with SI response in the bugs forums about set pieces:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the game makes excessive use of added time/injury time - i often see 4 to 5 minutes added to the second half.

Recently i had a game that set my record as it had added 5 minutes and my striker made the winning Goal at ~95:50 and the game finally ended at ~98:40 (plus the added minutes of the first half it was over 100 minutes that match).

I dont feel that so much added time is necessary or any realistic - if you are not Bayern Munich and have not won the game yet that is.

Edited by Etebaer

1 ora fa, KUBI ha scritto:

There are threads with SI response in the bugs forums about set pieces:

I'm sure you're read even the SI answers to the complaints of the users...as Always, it's all down to tactics and users' fault...no point to go on when this is the position of SI, in my opinion denying the issue is not a solution...

2 hours ago, jam jameson said:

I'm sure you're read even the SI answers to the complaints of the users...as Always, it's all down to tactics and users' fault...no point to go on when this is the position of SI, in my opinion denying the issue is not a solution...

What gets me about that post is that it's stated free kicks are set up like that on purpose as they don't want the game to be too easy. Like seriously...who is in charge that makes these decisions. No wonder the ME is such a mess. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Sticx:

What gets me about that post is that it's stated free kicks are set up like that on purpose as they don't want the game to be too easy. Like seriously...who is in charge that makes these decisions. No wonder the ME is such a mess. 

If you read all the response about set pieces in the bugs forum you will see that they are working on it. 

Finished second first season with Nancy. Automatic promotion to Ligue 1. I get a press conference asking me how do I feel after failing to gain promotion.

I'm sure the intentions behind the inclusion of gay newgens is sincere and without pretence.

If we are to go this route don't do it half-baked. How about mental illness? Addiction?

The medical centre and dynamics are good additions.

Scouting was one of the best aspects of the game for me. Not anymore. More clicks for less information. Bloated. Feels like a job in itself.

I don't see how the ME has progressed. A copious amount of late goals and turnarounds. Narrow formations with the three forwards. One on ones and wayward shots. Static defending and the long ball for the forward.

I am an ardent 2d player. For me the 3d kills the immersion. The player animation is poor. It hasn't progressed at an acceptable rate in my humble opinion.

Just now, jamessmith010101 said:

when   did we get the first proper big patch in fm 2017 ? been 3 weeks ish now and as far i know we have only had hot fixes really.

Every version it's at release (xx.1) around christmas (xx.2) and the transfer update in Feb/March (xx.3). Nothing has been announced, but it'd be a good guess that it'll stay the same.

5 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

do they normally do hot fixes to fix the me and transfer market or do we normally have to wait until the xmas one for this ? mind you xmas isnt that far away now !!

It'll be up to SI to decide what's urgent enough for a hotfix.

21 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

Absolutely spot on as usual. 

One of the areas they can definitely improve is making sure the definitions of the stats we use match up to those of say, OPTA. Like it or not, these are great figures people are exposed to, so if there is a disparity because your definitions are different, it throws people. Crossing stats for example. 

It's not merely stats it goes all the way. Injuries, shot maps (missed shots) -- one on ones off open play e.g. not penalties (one of the most overrated chance types in football, not due to being bad, mind, but due to their inherently dramatic nature, and pundits jazzing them up further, give me a tap-in or anything that takes the keeper out of the picture any day over any one on one). Opposition comebacks immediately getting attributed to ME glitches previous (I'm no genius whatsoever but had series of never conceding a goal past the 70th mark for in-game months in a prior edition). Which is an actually ME flaw and related to lack of pressure on ball carriers in particular deep -- didn't report it naturally as it all went my ways. :brock:Etc. etc. etc.

One problem also may be that the majority of testing is done with AI tactics / teams, e.g. soak tests. Purely looking at such numbers, may not reveal all too. In some cases its almost best to ignore GD altogether, tbh. Everybody who thinks he has a serious issue should report it in the relevant ME bug section with a pkm. I personally tend to check before reporting. Whilst TV for the most part is still preaching the supposedly all-conquering power of shot counts and possession, there's such a wealth of football info available nowadays to us mere couch potatoes, even RL shot maps (Whoscored Serie A match day last week  -- imo FM struggles to display problems with ball control under pressure visually, also forwards struggling for balance, so the guys blasting it more oftenly looks like they did totally mean that). Speaking of which, does the Lazio AI tactics etc. warrant reporting? May be also worth checking how efficient Allegri is with his 4-3-3 narrow he switches to when chasing opposition leads (comebacks). It's a trait that varioius AI managers will have, gifted by research, just as previous.

Edited by Svenc

6 minutes ago, jamessmith010101 said:

yeah cool. im sure they were a lot more pro active last yr and prev years though when there were bugs in the game. loads are complaining about the me. the dyamics and the transfer market so i would have thought these were impotant enough to warrant a hot fix. 

There are always complaints.

5 ore fa, HUNT3R ha scritto:

Every version it's at release (xx.1) around christmas (xx.2) and the transfer update in Feb/March (xx.3). Nothing has been announced, but it'd be a good guess that it'll stay the same.

So if i’m Right between the moment we paid the game and the moment we may hope to have a half decent one around two months...good job...

1 minuto fa, HUNT3R ha scritto:

Obviously. In 3 million lines of code there are bound to be.

Usually such bugs should be solved BEFORE the launch, not after, particularly when they’re so annoying as this’ year ones...it’s not complaint, it’s just an ordinary business rule...

Just now, jam jameson said:

So if i’m Right between the moment we paid the game and the moment we may hope to have a half decent one around two months...good job...

I'm playing a much more than decent game right now. 

Just now, jam jameson said:

Usually such bugs should be solved BEFORE the launch, not after, particularly when they’re so annoying as this’ year ones...it’s not complaint, it’s just an ordinary business rule...

"such bugs"?

2 minuti fa, HUNT3R ha scritto:

"such bugs"?

What do you want to know about it? The bugs and flaws list? I’m happy you are enjoying the game but maybe (just maybe) your feedback may sound a bit ‘biased’ toward a LIKE, isnt’it? Anyway it’s useless to discuss with the mods, you’re kind in replying but your answers never admit an issue, a problem, a bug, so that makes the discussion kind of one-sided, thank you nevertheless for the effort 

9 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

What do you want to know about it? The bugs and flaws list? I’m happy you are enjoying the game but maybe (just maybe) your feedback may sound a bit ‘biased’ toward a LIKE, isnt’it? Anyway it’s useless to discuss with the mods, you’re kind in replying but your answers never admit an issue, a problem, a bug, so that makes the discussion kind of one-sided, thank you nevertheless for the effort 

Apologies if i've missed it; but what exact bugs have you mentioned, apart from the possible Level 10 player amount?
Which also can be a plausible happening due to generated players being created over time, due to out-of-vanilla game the players don't exist.

Some issues you have might be subjective. Some might be bugs.
Without saying what they are, and reporting it in the right forum it doesn't really help you nor SI.
Not saying you haven't reported anything because i do not know.

'What do you want to know about it? The bugs and flaws list?'.
In essence, yes. What is your bugs and flaws list?
They can't fix anything if they don't know about it.

I checked a few posts you responded to. Some of those issues i see myself and some i don't. For the ones i don't it may indicate that it's not necessarily the game but can be the user.
May very well be bugs that i've been lucky enough to not have happening. But say exactly what you think/are certain they are and you might get a more satisfactory answer.
In worst case you'll be directed to the Bugs Forum, where you can actually report your issues to the ones who can do something about it.

14 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

You keep posting in vague terms. If we have issues (and we do) we do it properly and post it in the bugs forum. Stop thinking we have to defend the game, because it isn't the case. We have minds and opinions.

Just wondering how other people's World Cups have been going. Mine was a very odd one (mostly as England didn't win in a version of FM!) as 16 out of the 31 teams who qualified in my game didn't qualify in real life. I know SI cannot use the real tables, but would this suggest something is off?

I have all World Cup games simulated on full detail, and wasn't involved with any team. Some very odd teams did well, and the winners were Slovenia. Their run through to the final had them play no teams whatsoever that actually qualified in real life either.

Obviously one off freak tournaments can happen, hence why this isn't in the bugs forum, but it was certainly extraordinary, so I was wondering if this sort of thing is common. I'm still in shock England didn't even qualify, they virtually always win in my FM experience.

4 ore fa, HUNT3R ha scritto:

You keep posting in vague terms. If we have issues (and we do) we do it properly and post it in the bugs forum. Stop thinking we have to defend the game, because it isn't the case. We have minds and opinions.

I'd rather say general terms more than vague; I've already posted specifically about set pieces, long ball behind the defence, awful stadia, the lack of the chance to have ALL the names on the pitch, bad cameras. But since I've received few to nothing answer about the chance that this issues be resolved, I think that it's useless keep being detailed and wasting time uploading, this is a general discussion (the name of the thread), therefore let's keep it polite but general

Untitled.thumb.png.dc25f03fec7c1a0207d2b0daad3ee2b4.png

Anyone any clue how a striker with 16 Finishing and 12 Composure, who's confidence is sky high because hes already scored, fails to hit the target from that?

I'm having to deal with this from all four of my strikers, while the opposition strikers, who are worse, are rifling them in from twenty yards consistently.

7 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

Obviously. In 3 million lines of code there are bound to be.

Also the costumers have this weird attitude, that they demand perfection out of everything, including video games. Human beings are weird. :p

Edited by grade

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Untitled.thumb.png.dc25f03fec7c1a0207d2b0daad3ee2b4.png

Anyone any clue how a striker with 16 Finishing and 12 Composure, who's confidence is sky high because hes already scored, fails to hit the target from that?

I'm having to deal with this from all four of my strikers, while the opposition strikers, who are worse, are rifling them in from twenty yards consistently.

While I don't agree with the team talk Russian roulette I do accept that it exist, a player can have 20 finishing and 20 composure and all the other stats that matters and still be crap, because he is nervous, over or under motivated and whatever conditions the game is programmed with that effect what level of stats he has at the second he tries something. 

Team Talks (both your own and the oppositions), press conferences, important of match and other pressure issues, is all coded to make it so Messi can be the horrible or make the 15 year old crap regen over perform. In my current Everton save I sometimes give up on the supposedly key players and play my 2 ish star or lower up and coming players, really funny seeing them beat Arsenal and Man Utd 3-0, where my star players would loss the same match 0-6. Well, maybe not funny, it is rather sad actually.

1 hour ago, Miravlix said:

Team Talks (both your own and the oppositions), press conferences, important of match and other pressure issues, is all coded to make it so Messi can be the horrible

Just as illogical/nosensical as it was the last time around. There is an element to it, but man management mainly affects but a few mentral traits (as it should). This was tested in prior iterations where players deliberately talked crap to their teams, and confirmed by SI staff multiple times. Everything else is punditry cliche plus random chance being mistaken by "form" in real football, and in-game (finishing streaks happen in football all itself on all levels for every forward in the world as they face few scenarios where they are expected to score). The proof of the pudding is also to be found in any player rage where the supposedly poor opposition forward playing for the bottom of the table that hasn't won in ten matches easily buries the shots in space gifted to his. It is also in editor experiments that show if forwards pop up consistently in space, or work such for their own, they'll score. Plus the guy has already acknowledged his guy was confident anyway.

How about the following:

a) The forward has to trap the ball at pace
b) He has to control and aim  to not merely get the shot on target, but also preferably in a way that may challenge the keeper rather than hitting him
c) The same keeper who's come out to close the angles and make such more difficult for his (the likelyhood of putting the ball wide increases)
d) The forward has a limited time frame of doing so, as he's also being closed down by the defenders
e) During all he can mishit/misjudge/a variety of things

However:

f) FM struggles to visually display the nuances (forward trying to keep balance, ball probably being too bouncy on the night)
g) It also very likely isn't accurate (it may try though, and as such checking a few stuff may be of benefit)
h) it may still be poor at modeling this, who knows?

What it isn't either way is a team talk causing a guy to turn from Messi to local pub player, or it single-handedly causing a player to mishit shots. Everything else (opposition scores at will) is glorious perception bias or defensive holes as big you could drive a truck through for whichever cause. I'd advice anybody experiencing such in big numbers reporting it though, as whilst from my experience there (justified) has never made a big time overhaul to finishing, there is individual tweaks, plus one time a certain kind of one on one being adressed. It's the narrow one such as this, as it is pretty apparent that the guy was fed from a central ball, given that there is no players advanced to support his from any angle. Think football, not nonsense, or terrible pundit cliche, and you may be getting somewhere. As argued, give me a one-on-zero over any one-on-one any day.

Edited by Svenc

7 minutes ago, Svenc said:

Just as illogical/nosensical as it was the last time around.

Player motivation is the difference between 3 players getting direct red cards or you totally owning the opposition.

While overachieving most likely take a combination of many factors. Give me a match against a rival team and I can 100% of the time get my team to get direct red cards.

The mid season nervous breakdown team has is another one that you can cure with the right press conferences and team talks. Or I can have a totally unmotivated and extremely complacent team on the pitch with the wrong team talk after a run of good matches, but the right team talk and they will perform.

1 hour ago, Miravlix said:

Player motivation is the difference between 3 players getting direct red cards or you totally owning the opposition.

Just no. No less as it's completely ignoring the run of play to which opposition always react to (who scores first?). The players (you get consistently less booking with less aggressive/dirty players and vice versa). The ref (in particular on older releases, their traits made the difference between them handing out either  5+ or barely any bookings per match alone*). Plus the run of play eventually taking over player motivation anyway after a couple minutes  (talk effects visibly last  a few minutes into a half, upon which any in-match event takes over, e.g. goals, fouls, etc.) Likewise, no motivational strategy will make up for holes in your tactic or illogical decisions, which also can cause you to pick up added bookings all itself (and far more consistently than any talk). It also won't turn Messi into a useless player, nor does it do vice versa.

If you're on a tactic though that tends to exploit ME defensive holes, nothing much will matter anyhow. Likewise if all you "manage" is changing a few talks and not being able to anticipate what is tactical and what isn't, they will be perceived as complete game changers all their own, which is also why you find the biggest myths on this on many FM fansites (traditionally dominated by download sections with tactics that are meant to be plugged in and then "press continue" and/or of that exploit type drawing player quality bust itself). One function of all of this is indeed managing complacency creeping in, though. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it's the one assessment that is somewhat "logical".

* Speaking of which, I wonder whether in some leagues that may still be the case at least lower end (the extreme ends have always been unrealistic going by RL referee booking stats, and arguably shouldn't be drawn impossible by research, but by the ME team)

eNT5ngJ.jpg
7wPjwY1.jpg

Edited by Svenc

12 hours ago, hluraven said:

Just wondering how other people's World Cups have been going. Mine was a very odd one (mostly as England didn't win in a version of FM!) as 16 out of the 31 teams who qualified in my game didn't qualify in real life. I know SI cannot use the real tables, but would this suggest something is off?

I have all World Cup games simulated on full detail, and wasn't involved with any team. Some very odd teams did well, and the winners were Slovenia. Their run through to the final had them play no teams whatsoever that actually qualified in real life either.

Obviously one off freak tournaments can happen, hence why this isn't in the bugs forum, but it was certainly extraordinary, so I was wondering if this sort of thing is common. I'm still in shock England didn't even qualify, they virtually always win in my FM experience.

If you`re talking about the 2018 World Cup, I didn`t follow it in my game, but from what I remember, it was Germany, Spain, Argentina and Brazil for the semifinals, and Argentina won it.  Will take a closer look when I get home now that you`ve mentioned this.

5 hours ago, Miravlix said:

While I don't agree with the team talk Russian roulette I do accept that it exist, a player can have 20 finishing and 20 composure and all the other stats that matters and still be crap, because he is nervous, over or under motivated and whatever conditions the game is programmed with that effect what level of stats he has at the second he tries something. 

Team Talks (both your own and the oppositions), press conferences, important of match and other pressure issues, is all coded to make it so Messi can be the horrible or make the 15 year old crap regen over perform. In my current Everton save I sometimes give up on the supposedly key players and play my 2 ish star or lower up and coming players, really funny seeing them beat Arsenal and Man Utd 3-0, where my star players would loss the same match 0-6. Well, maybe not funny, it is rather sad actually.

It's mental. He'd scored a goal in the first half by beating three men and slotting in from an identical position. His morale was "exceptional", and he was "looking calm", he also "enjoys big matches" 

I understand that players can miss chances, but there's just no reason someone with all those boxes ticked doesn't even hit the target there. It's like I'd used up my quota of shots on target for the match. 

12 hours ago, hluraven said:

The qualification stuff probably isn't too bad - there's quite a few sides that likely should have qualified, and with a flutter of a butterfly's wings and all that you could have had a much different looking tournament.  Slovenia winning it is odd though, as they are honking.

I do wonder what they use to calculate the results that happened prior to the save starting though.  I've seen plenty go purely by reputation - I started a save with just the Italian leagues right around the time that Italy crashed out of qualifying in real life.  I had hoped to have a narrative whereby I eventually take over the National team to erase that hurt, but they had battered through the group up to that point and were sitting top.  However, I've also seen cases where England finished 4th in their group, behind Slovenia, Slovakia and Scotland (come to think of it, Slovenia won that group too I think).  I know it won't purely be down to reputation, but it does seem very changeable between saves.  I guess it's hard given they can't use the real results, some kind of weighted random is probably the best worst option.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's mental. He'd scored a goal in the first half by beating three men and slotting in from an identical position. His morale was "exceptional", and he was "looking calm", he also "enjoys big matches" 

I understand that players can miss chances, but there's just no reason someone with all those boxes ticked doesn't even hit the target there. It's like I'd used up my quota of shots on target for the match. 

He missed a chance he shouldn't. These things happen to the best strikers in real-life, not sure why you're making such a big deal about it...

30 minutes ago, Mons said:

He missed a chance he shouldn't. These things happen to the best strikers in real-life, not sure why you're making such a big deal about it...

Exactly, just because a player has scored before, doesn't mean he's going to do it again. Players will miss many more shots than they score. FM is no difference.

Good example: Kane is in exceptional form real life. Has a conversion rate of just over 10%

The Premier league. 1º - 44.000.000 € (good)

Bundesliga. 1º - 122.000.000 € (a lot)

La Liga Santander. 1º - 4.000.000 € (WTF??!!)

Serie A. 1º - 4.000.000 € (WTF??¡¡)

Ligue 1. 1º - 4.000.000 € (WTF??¡¡)

I do not want them all to be the same, but...

in Spain, the one that remains first earns 144.000.000 in reality.

I only say balance...

palco23.png

5 hours ago, Mons said:

I can understand that, I'm not daft, it just seems ridiculous he couldn't hit the target there. 

Since penalties, which unlike one on ones from open play actually favor the forward heavily (ball is static/doesn't need to be controlled, forward has unlimited time to make his pick, keeper isn't allowed to move off his line, this one is even further out), can go off-target, it doesn't really take much to figure this one out... the question can never be how can this go off target. The only question can be how often it does (and in an abstract sim, to make it appear "believable",). Everything else is illogical. Plus trying to balance it all by gut-feeling and random youtube compilations, and watching MOTD may not be the best idea to do it. :)

Edited by Svenc

Guest El Payaso

I don't know. The so called football that this engine produces simply is too much for me to be able to enjoy it. Was supposed to do it this year but it's just pain to watch. 

A short delivery from a goalkeeper to a full back and a long ball to either a winger or the striker who both have tons of space to receive and also the same in midfield: ball is either with full back or centre back, the opposition/or mine midfielders drop too close to the centre backs and there you have it: a free passage to the midfield. No wonder that teams sum crazy amount of passes as even the low block defending is so awful and on the other hand the game doesn't produce any high press either like it never has. 

Watched a game with two AI teams for example: Málaga vs Atlético. Málaga obviously defended with all their players but still: having seven or eight players defending deep and still allowing Fernando Torres to freely collect every long ball in the game and by that allowing him to set-up his team mates. No wonder that people are reporting two or three striker tactics being over powered. The strikers basically are the only players in the ME that make active and aggressive movement so that is highly utilizable in the ME. Midfielders on the other hand don't seem to have any desire to rush forward and by that score goals or offer passing options. 

Simply laughably bad stuff to me all this. 

30 minutes ago, El Payaso said:

I don't know. The so called football that this engine produces simply is too much for me to be able to enjoy it. Was supposed to do it this year but it's just pain to watch. 

A short delivery from a goalkeeper to a full back and a long ball to either a winger or the striker who both have tons of space to receive and also the same in midfield: ball is either with full back or centre back, the opposition/or mine midfielders drop too close to the centre backs and there you have it: a free passage to the midfield. No wonder that teams sum crazy amount of passes as even the low block defending is so awful and on the other hand the game doesn't produce any high press either like it never has. 

Watched a game with two AI teams for example: Málaga vs Atlético. Málaga obviously defended with all their players but still: having seven or eight players defending deep and still allowing Fernando Torres to freely collect every long ball in the game and by that allowing him to set-up his team mates. No wonder that people are reporting two or three striker tactics being over powered. The strikers basically are the only players in the ME that make active and aggressive movement so that is highly utilizable in the ME. Midfielders on the other hand don't seem to have any desire to rush forward and by that score goals or offer passing options. 

Simply laughably bad stuff to me all this. 

You keep saying this. But you also offer no Pkms. If you hate it that much, why are you still playing it? It's starting to become less constructive and more general moans. 

Guest El Payaso
1 hour ago, themadsheep2001 said:

You keep saying this. But you also offer no Pkms. If you hate it that much, why are you still playing it? It's starting to become less constructive and more general moans. 

Check again in the bugs forum if I have or not provided pkms because I have. Not as much as previous years and certainly not providing more but I've done my part. 

And I'm not playing that much. 

Positive note though is that on round 8 in La Liga the AI managers finally rotate. I don't know if it is a right place for Zidane to rotate in El Clasico but at least it happens. Simeone also played Torres for the first time this season along with Vietto who is getting game time which is good. 

I wonder if there's any user here, who've seen a goal after  striker dribbling past the GK? I haven't seen anything like this since FM 16 or even FM 15. I think that in real life the strikers in one on one situtations do it very often. In FM they mostly shoot straight at the keeper. Generally speaking, striker's behaviour when facing the GK is one of the most annoying things in current FM. Hope, that SI will look at that.

I like the idea of the pre-match tactical advice summary, but i find it being pretty useless in areas.
Like, Team Instructions To Add.
In my current pre-match advice i'm being advised to "Be More Disciplined" and "Stick To Positions".
Reasons - Would improve our chances of a result.
That's great.
Then i want to see how and why my assistant thinks those will improve our chances and i get this:

6af2106b650328b4f5e08f0376185c13.png

Cool. But i want to know why he thinks that. This doesn't tell me anything.
Had someone given me that advice, the person giving it would've told me why. If not, then i would've asked why.
Stick To Positions gives me the same.
That is not a reason.  That's just a statement of belief based on nothing/something. The way the advice is presented to me, it gives me nothing.

Same with Formation.
"I think 4-4-2 would be suitable ahead of our next match.
Ok, i'm listening. Why do you think so?
Because i recommend it!
Ok....?!".

Of course the assistant might be wrong with his advice, but i would learn something from it.
And the advice could probably work against a different team. But it would still be up to me to identify if it would work or not against this particular team.

It's like the advice is given just because.

When clicking the advice given in the news item it would've been nice to be given some context, when clicking the reasons.
As in, why do you say what you're saying?

Edited by roykela

transfers is ruing the game for game me 

not 1 single bid in 6 years for my players arsenal where interested in the 22million rated viera and would have to bid 30 million for the" 89million realease clause " thats about the only sniff ive had , i have transfer listed 20 million rated players let them go for nothing and pay there wages as part of a free transfer 

just 1 example luke ayling rated 17.5 million offered him around for 5 million no offers offer him for free and aston villa bid but want me to pay 5k of his 16.5k wage which i agree to as its non nego of he goes to villa who pay him 28k a week unreal i thought the 5k was because they couldnt afford him , but then a AI team will bid 15 million for a 10 million rated rightback who wasnt as good as ayling its like its coded to stop you from getting transfer money and the AI just bid amongst them selfs 

i have now resorted to cheating and making up a fake manager who takes over a team just to buy my players at market value as its the only way to sell players and its ruining the game for me 

oh and the 3k regens you bid they want 40mill you refuse and stick to 5 mill they refuse but sell to there AI coded team for 300k must be my stupid tactics :) 

please sort it out 

21 minutes ago, roykela said:

I like the idea of the pre-match tactical advice summary, but i find it being pretty useless in areas.
In my current pre-match advice i'm being advised to "Be More Disciplined" and "Stick To Positions".
That's great.
Then i want to see how and why my assistant thinks those will improve our chances and i get this:

Had someone given me that advice, the person giving it would've told me why. If not, then i would've asked why.
That is not a reason.  That's just a statement of belief based on nothing/something. The way the advice is presented to me, it gives me nothing.

Same with Formation.
Because i recommend it!
Ok....?!".

Of course the assistant might be wrong with his advice, but i would learn something from it.
And the advice could probably work against a different team. But it would still be up to me to identify if it would work or not against this particular team.

When clicking the advice given in the news item it would've been nice to be given some context, when clicking the reasons.

I very much agree. Not saying they should be 100% right. But seeing reasoning would be more useful and also more immersive

19 minutes ago, roykela said:

That's great.

Same with Formation.
Because i recommend it!
Ok....?!".

It would be great if staff AI was improved, particularly advice AI of highly rated staff (e.g tactical knowledge = 20). For example: "I think we should tell the players to stick to positions / be more disciplined, because they were pulled out of position in our last game against Man City which left our centre backs exposed" - There could then be a highlight to watch which demonstrates this.

I imagine that this is the type of conversation and analysis that goes on all the time between manager and backroom staff.

I honestly believe there for years there has been no difference in the quality / relevance of advice from staff linked to their attributes.