Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

22 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

Sorry frazT, are you referring To my screenshot of odd away attendance? Do you think would be useful to raise in the ME bug section with PKM added? Thanks

No, I was answering @Maleven

However, if you consider that there is a bug in the game,it is always worth reporting it, regardless of the level of importance.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, janesy20 said:

can someone explain Brexit in the game please? I've reached 31st August 2019 and no mention at all yet. Does it get a message? Does the date vary? 

Not sure if there is a specific date that kicks in (I think it can be any time after 2018) but you will get messages in your inbox regarding it. I received 2 pre-Brexit messages warning me it was close in 2018, the second message even hinted I was getting the 'points Brexit', and then nothing and now in 2020 and it still has not happened.

Best way to check what rules you have if you have is to go to Competitions > Click your League to view the table > Overview > Rules > Work Permit Rules 

Best way to check if your nation is STILL in the EU: Click on nation flag > On the main Overview screen in the top left is 'Agreements' which on mine states 'European Union'.

how do you show player names?

Theres an option in preferences to show/unshow player condition during match.

If you deselect it, it removes the names, as well as the condition.

Is there a way to have your teams name showing, without the condition?

I play matches with highlights of great chances, so it would be useful if the skip replay button was much closer to the top right corner (where the pause button is). This is because this pause button is where I keep the pointer during a match.

Thanks

During the match, when the computer fast forwards to the next highlight, there is some useful information on the scrren.

In the middle box, there is some information on Match Stats.

It would be useful if the match stats text here was a link to the match stats screen (at hte moment it is unselectable)

Thanks

This is not a bug, but annoying thing that happens. I'm managing Benfica, that has many good young players. At every tranfer window, I receive the same transfer offer, or very similar, over and over again until the transfer window closes. An example, I have a very good central back, Ruben Dias. I ask for 40 million + bonus, and PSG, Barcelona and Man City offer me 20 million + bonus. I negociate, they reject. And then they come with the same offer over and over again. And that gets annoying. I know I can reject automatically all offers lower than the value I want, but I don't think that teams make the same offer from 15 July to 31 August almost every day, specially if they are far from what is asked.

Edited by shadster

15 hours ago, jam jameson said:

Just to understand what to expect, how long it takes to take notice of the reported bug? not to solve it, just to tell the user 'ok we're in charge of it, it's under review'

There is no guaranteed time frame but since you reported it at the weekend, there may be some delay in getting to it depending on other outstanding threads

vor 7 Minuten schrieb axehan1:

Why? Is that the rules?I'm not allowed to say I think I've paid out for a very poor game.

You did that already. This thread is for feedback to help to make the game better. If you can't explain what should be improved, it does not help at all.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

Why? Is that the rules?I'm not allowed to say I think I've paid out for a very poor game.

To be clear, we can't listen if there is nothing to go on. Constructive criticism means being critical but giving feedback that is meaningful and actionable. Saying it is a "shockingly poor game" not only doesn't help us, it doesn't help you either. How is anyone supposed to help you if you can't explain your points of view? It's nothing to do with not being allowed to criticise at all, in fact we welcome criticism that isn't a flippant remark in a feedback thread.

On 12/10/2017 at 14:34, Artin said:

pls fix set pieces because this has happened to me twice already -- https://i.imgur.com/NwRTVF6.jpg

the ball is still in the air but my defenders are already running away as if we're on the counter! of course each time this has happened my opponent has scored an easy goal and i'm forced to replay the match. :(

this happened to me AGAIN (and of course my opponent scores an easy goal) -- https://i.imgur.com/0XpEEvK.jpg

i can't believe i'm the only one experiencing this! maybe i should try to re-download the game because of a corrupted file?

i've posted two screenshots here and if you check my post history, i've also posted a video of this same incident happening to me for a third time!

i don't have the pkm or whatever it's called because i'm about to replay this game. i don't want glitched goals whether i scored it or my opponent...

Edited by Artin

5 hours ago, Artin said:

this happened to me AGAIN (and of course my opponent scores an easy goal) -- https://i.imgur.com/0XpEEvK.jpg

i can't believe i'm the only one experiencing this! maybe i should try to re-download the game because of a corrupted file?

i've posted two screenshots here and if you check my post history, i've also posted a video of this same incident happening to me for a third time!

i don't have the pkm or whatever it's called because i'm about to replay this game. i don't want glitched goals whether i scored it or my opponent...

Well, to be blunt, that doesn't really help.  They can't act on a video or a screenshot, they need the pkm file to do the digging and work out what exactly has gone wrong.  Next time it happens, be sure to get that pkm and upload it, otherwise, if you indeed are a rare case, then it could very well never get fixed - how can it if they've not got a reproducible case?

Edited by forameuss

5 ore fa, Artin ha scritto:

SI told me to upload properly the issue, and they would have checked it...I did since I Always try to trust people, but at the moment no feedback at all, neither an hint that they're looking into it...not that I expected much more, to be fair, but...

46 minuti fa, forameuss ha scritto:

Well, to be blunt, that doesn't really help.  They can't act on a video or a screenshot, they need the pkm file to do the digging and work out what exactly has gone wrong.  Next time it happens, be sure to get that pkm and upload it, otherwise, if you indeed are a rare case, then it could very well never get fixed - how can it if they've not got a reproducible case?

Good piece of advice...I did it, created a thread in the bugs section, uploaded as asked, but at the moment with no different answer, i.e. no answer at all...

8 minutes ago, jam jameson said:

Good piece of advice...I did it, created a thread in the bugs section, uploaded as asked, but at the moment with no different answer, i.e. no answer at all...

Great.  But that doesn't change that there's a much better chance of an answer the way you did it than no pkm at all.

32 minuti fa, forameuss ha scritto:

Great.  But that doesn't change that there's a much better chance of an answer the way you did it than no pkm at all.

Ah ok, thanks for the reassurance, I feel much better now, having even a slight chance that SI would bother to review such a blatant and absurd issue...

4 hours ago, jam jameson said:

SI told me to upload properly the issue, and they would have checked it...I did since I Always try to trust people, but at the moment no feedback at all, neither an hint that they're looking into it...not that I expected much more, to be fair, but...

Looking quickly, you've had replies to the posts you've made in the bugs forum. If it's been a while and you haven't had a reply (I didn't look very far back) while others did, it may have been missed, so just bump it.

6 hours ago, forameuss said:

next time it happens again i'll try to finish the game and get the pkm. it's just that my first reaction whenever a glitched goal happens is to alt+f4 because it's an undeserved goal whether i scored it or my opponent. i can take player mistakes because that happens IRL too but stuff like this at the level of Barca players?

even if i upload the pkm i'm guessing this will be waaay down their priority list since it's only happening to me and i think @jam jameson as well (so two of us out of millions of players lol) so for now i'll just "fix" it myself with alt+f4. :lol:

maybe the problem is with my tactics? maybe the AI doesn't like it if all of my defenders are inside the box and want at least one or two guys outside the box in case of a counter? i'll switch my set pc tactics around and see if helps...

Edited by Artin

1 ora fa, HUNT3R ha scritto:

Looking quickly, you've had replies to the posts you've made in the bugs forum. If it's been a while and you haven't had a reply (I didn't look very far back) while others did, it may have been missed, so just bump it.

Maybe you're referring to my own quote of this morning, just to throw a stone in the water...

On 10/12/2017 at 19:07, 2feet said:

I play matches with highlights of great chances, so it would be useful if the skip replay button was much closer to the top right corner (where the pause button is). This is because this pause button is where I keep the pointer during a match.

Thanks

You can just use space bar instead of keeping your mouse pointed to pause a game. 

Edited by BlueAnderson

1 hour ago, jam jameson said:

Maybe you're referring to my own quote of this morning, just to throw a stone in the water...

I was referring to this thread : 

I didn't see another recent thread, but like I said - if you didn't receive a reply after a while, just bump it to make sure it wasn't missed. When it gets busy, threads can get missed sometimes or the issue looked at, but they could have been too busy to go back to reply with all the other threads and issues reported. :thup:

18 hours ago, themadsheep2001 said:

If you're not going to offer constructive criticism, please do not post here.

17 hours ago, KUBI said:

You did that already. This thread is for feedback to help to make the game better. If you can't explain what should be improved, it does not help at all.

16 hours ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

To be clear, we can't listen if there is nothing to go on. Constructive criticism means being critical but giving feedback that is meaningful and actionable. Saying it is a "shockingly poor game" not only doesn't help us, it doesn't help you either. How is anyone supposed to help you if you can't explain your points of view? It's nothing to do with not being allowed to criticise at all, in fact we welcome criticism that isn't a flippant remark in a feedback thread.

Apologies guys, I was on a very bad run of form last night and decided to have a brain fart moment,I'd hope if you looked back at my posts especially in previous FM's(Man United Good player and team guide) you'd see that I have really enjoyed playing FM.

1 hour ago, BlueAnderson said:

You can say that but you’re not contributing anything to making it better, so your comment is pretty much useless. 

You on the other hand didn't really need to have any input.

29 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

Actually, I’ve posted several times in this topic offering constructive feedback, plus also took part in the BETA and reported bugs in the forum. That’s my main point - SI are a small team. We should help them make the game better, they’ve provided us a platform for this. 

Edited by BlueAnderson

40 minutes ago, axehan1 said:

Apologies guys, I was on a very bad run of form last night and decided to have a brain fart moment,I'd hope if you looked back at my posts especially in previous FM's(Man United Good player and team guide) you'd see that I have really enjoyed playing FM.

You're allowed to say you're not enjoying FM. But whenever that is the case, what we would like, and indeed need to hear us why? It's not about being positive or negative, just constructive. 

Have been really enjoying the Dynamics feature but |I always had a concern that it wouldn't have a 'memory', and unfortunately that has been proven to be the case.

I had a young midfielder in my recent save with FC United, he attracted interest from Partick Thistle and indicated he wanted to discuss terms with them. After selling him I approached Thistle to loan him back (as I'd forgotten to include that in the actual sale negotiations), they happily accept the offer and the player rejoins my team without even missing a match.

The problem is his partnership with the other two players in my midfield has been reset and my tactical familiarity has fallen a few notches as it would if I had bought a player who had no knowledge of the club. Apparently less than a week in Scotland completely destroyed his memory.

I have to say this is a pretty large disappointment as I had wondered if in long term saves I'd be able to reunite past players who had formed strong bonds in previous teams and have some nice continuity, but apparently that's not the case.

It does, potentially, highlight one of my issues with the franchise as a whole. Every year new features are added with a great deal of potential, but then in following years little progress is made to fulfil that promise. The Media Interactions is a great example, it has remained relatively static since it was introduced, as have the majority of the news items (there is relatively little difference in winning the Premier League with Rotherham United for the first time in their history as their is winning it for the 23rd time for Manchester United). 

So I fear while the Dynamics module has plenty of potential we may never see it due to focus being shifted towards whatever is next years new shiny feature.

Some matches the ball is red - while of course the pitch is green. For me being colorblind red/green it is almost impossible to follow the ball. I see no reason why the ball couldn't always just be white as normal :( 

On 12/10/2017 at 18:41, 2feet said:

how do you show player names?

Theres an option in preferences to show/unshow player condition during match.

If you deselect it, it removes the names, as well as the condition.

Is there a way to have your teams name showing, without the condition?

During a match select the cog icon to get to the match options and unticking the 'show player condition during match' option will display just the players name above the player.

1 hour ago, Dingusen said:

Some matches the ball is red - while of course the pitch is green. For me being colorblind red/green it is almost impossible to follow the ball. I see no reason why the ball couldn't always just be white as normal :( 

From the Preferences -> Interface -> Skin colours menu you can change the ball colours. (Though you may need to restart the game for the changes to take affect). Though if the ball is bright red then that sounds like a bug and is worth raising in the bugs forum.

18 minuti fa, michaeltmurrayuk ha scritto:

During a match select the cog icon to get to the match options and unticking the 'show player condition during match' option will display just the players name above the player.

Michael, can you please confirm that is no longer available the option to show ALL THE PLAYERS' NAMES on the pitch? It was a great addition from the last year, why did you remove it???

Just now, jam jameson said:

Michael, can you please confirm that is no longer available the option to show ALL THE PLAYERS' NAMES on the pitch? It was a great addition from the last year, why did you remove it???

Michael is a mod. He doesn't work for SI.

1 minuto fa, michaeltmurrayuk ha scritto:

The best thing to do is to raise the issue in the bugs forum.

What kind of issue? I just would like to know whether  it is still possible to show ALL THE PLAYERS' NAMES on the pitch? a Yes/No question, simple as that. No bugs, no issues, just a clear answer about a feature that was and seems to be no more. thank you

1 minute ago, danpker said:

No fixes for Mac performance, at this point I don’t think SI are listening to the people on the Mac/Linux forum :(

There should be performance fixes for both PC and Mac, just because the change list doesn't specify Mac only doesn't mean they're not in there.

Give it a go and let us know if you still suffer any performance issues.