Football Manager 2018 *Official* Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would just like to say a big thank you to SI for putting out such a quick fix for the scouting costs rather than have us waiting potentially another month. It's the small things like that which keeps people buying the game year in year out.

3 minutes ago, stevemc said:

Nice to see SI have balanced scouting costs within scouting ranges - is there any more specifics on this though?

I've not had chance to delve in.

2nd this. Have been waiting to go into LLM beccause of this. Would be nice if anyone could clarify further?

On 11/15/2017 at 18:43, warlock said:

You'll need to explain why, because a long-time player (such as myself) thinks the scouting system in FM18 is not only excellent, but obvious. The game even tells you when you're about to incur additional costs. We can argue whether the costs are realistic (I don't have the faintest idea) but I just don't understand the complaints on the forum.

Well, they just changed the costs in the latest update, so clearly there was an issue with that.

In addition, apparently there were significant costs that were not being shown. So we were paying to scout players within the packages we purchased, but the game DID NOT tell us that was happening, only when we scouted outside of the package. I don't know if that is still the case with the update today, but it certainly was/is an issue.

Maybe you're not understanding the game as well as you thought. ;)

Edited by django_z

2 minutes ago, pizzachips said:

Board Bug:

Man Utd first season.. board under confidence - competitions are pleased im on course to win league "considering we looked like relegation stragglers earlier this season, the success is even more impressive"

Bugs forum, please.

5 hours ago, Rober82 said:

2nd this. Have been waiting to go into LLM beccause of this. Would be nice if anyone could clarify further?

Seems to be a lot cheaper to me.  Would have been nice before I spent like $300k in scouting in my first season doing the dafuge challenge, but whatever.

Edited by Warhawk

1 hour ago, pablito15 said:

Lag still makes it unplayable. 5-10 seconds on the squad depth screen. Bug thing submitted. It's like playing multiplayer on an average connection..

I am not experiencing  any lagging issues, its even quicker with the 18.1.2 patch.

8 hours ago, Sticx said:

This is really annoying and happening way too much for me. A lot of my goals against come from a totally free attacker from a set piece. Don't really understand how something like this can make it into the full release of the game.

Yeah I completely agree, already posted twice, just to check wheter it's just me or it's a general issue, set pieces situations definitely need a finetune...

When I get the scouting reports sent to my inbox, it includes reports from agents telling me their client has been offered a new contract. Is it possible to not get this info? There is no value in it for me and just means I need to click through more scouting cards.

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are the new fixes all save game compatible? Or will I still have issues with scouting costs in my beta save? 

The pinned thread specifically mentions the update being compatible with existing saves. :thup:

Started a save on the beta, three seasons and 63 hours invested in it. For absolutely no reason, since the latest fix, the tactics I've successfully been using, have gone from being one that sees me comfortable in mid-table to losing eight games on the spin without scoring a goal. 

Three seasons of the tactic been perfectly fine and now it's unusable, and nothing else has changed. Same players, no unhappy players, same AI managers and styles. I just get ripped apart now. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Started a save on the beta, three seasons and 63 hours invested in it. For absolutely no reason, since the latest fix, the tactics I've successfully been using, have gone from being one that sees me comfortable in mid-table to losing eight games on the spin without scoring a goal. 

Three seasons of the tactic been perfectly fine and now it's unusable, and nothing else has changed. Same players, no unhappy players, same AI managers and styles. I just get ripped apart now. 

Could be just coincidence as there is no new match engine in the update.

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Could be just coincidence as there is no new match engine in the update.

Seems to happen to me every year tbh, so who knows. 

Start beta save > do well, stay for multiple seasons and build squad > patches start coming out > can't buy a win > sacked

Probably is coincidental. 

STILL have not fixed custom views on the tactics screen. The single most irritating thing in FM18 for me. Simply cannot fathom how this got through testing.

I hasten to add that generally I'm loving the game, but please, please fix this.

There's something weird going on with my game. When I save a game with a new file name, it seems to save as normal, but the saves don't appear in the list of saved games. If I try to save again with the same file name, I get the "already exists" message. If I click yes to overwrite it, the game freezes. After checking the save folder, it seems the files are saved but without the .fm extension. Manually adding the .fm extension seems to work, but it's not a very convenient way to go about things... Any idea how to fix this?

Is anything happening with regards regen faces? I've posted on the bugs forum and haven't even had a reply out of courtesy (from a week or so back) so I don't know if they are deemed approptiate or not. In my opinion the images are quite poor, with texturing problems, wrong colour eyes for african/asians, and the distinct lack of vareity in hair styles and a complete lack of facial hair. This is a large aspect of the game which effects the longetivity of a save. Please see attached an example from a game that features two sets of identical twins and several guys that look like they're from the same family... Just to highlight the issue.

faces.jpg

1 hour ago, pdstanbridge said:

Is anything happening with regards regen faces? I've posted on the bugs forum and haven't even had a reply out of courtesy (from a week or so back) so I don't know if they are deemed approptiate or not. In my opinion the images are quite poor, with texturing problems, wrong colour eyes for african/asians, and the distinct lack of vareity in hair styles and a complete lack of facial hair. This is a large aspect of the game which effects the longetivity of a save. Please see attached an example from a game that features two sets of identical twins and several guys that look like they're from the same family... Just to highlight the issue.

faces.jpg

thats pretty disappointing to see.. especially the identical twins

Can a mod confirm that this new 18.1.2 hasn’t fixed the screen lag (processing days ie the score bar at the top)

And still hasn’t fixed the blank u18 stats and the staff ratings graph. Were they meant to be fixed? If so they haven’t worked

or are these issues still being worked on? Thanks

51 minutes ago, xtradj said:

Can a mod confirm that this new 18.1.2 hasn’t fixed the screen lag (processing days ie the score bar at the top)

And still hasn’t fixed the blank u18 stats and the staff ratings graph. Were they meant to be fixed? If so they haven’t worked

or are these issues still being worked on? Thanks

We don't know more than it is described in the release notes. This update was mainly to address various technical issues on different systems.

2 hours ago, pdstanbridge said:

I think the twins is an issues they are looking into it.

One massive in-game frustration this year is the in-match 3d stadium design for Mansfield Town. Previous FM versions have been as close as it can be to the real look so there really was no need to change it in FM18. I understand improvements to graphics year on year etc but why has the stadium look been changed so much to a degree that it is unrecognisable in FM18. The main stand in FM18 looks embarrassing. It makes no sense when previous years there has been nothing wrong with the look of the stadium.

Our stadium now this year has a main stand that is half the size of the bottom tier and also roof posts all around the stadium in the seating areas like it is an old 1950's built stadium lol Images attached show the huge difference ingame 3d vs real.

Why also are the borders to the stands coloured yellow??? 

Surely this can be fixed easily at SI to something more realistic and fair representation to the club? Currently it just ruins the experience if you are wanting to play with your home town club....

Apologies if I am posting this in the wrong thread but was really hoping the right person would get sight of this feedback to be able to impact the fix for future patches

One Call Stadium Main Stand and Behind Goal with Roof Posts.jpg

One Call Stadium Main Stand.jpg

One Call Stadium 1.jpg

One Call Stadium.jpg

Real Main Stand.jpg

11 minutes ago, JLawson89 said:

One massive in-game frustration this year is the in-match 3d stadium design for Mansfield Town. Previous FM versions have been as close as it can be to the real look so there really was no need to change it in FM18. I understand improvements to graphics year on year etc but why has the stadium look been changed so much to a degree that it is unrecognisable in FM18. The main stand in FM18 looks embarrassing. It makes no sense when previous years there has been nothing wrong with the look of the stadium.

Our stadium now this year has a main stand that is half the size of the bottom tier and also roof posts all around the stadium in the seating areas like it is an old 1950's built stadium lol Images attached show the huge difference ingame 3d vs real.

Why also are the borders to the stands coloured yellow??? 

Surely this can be fixed easily at SI to something more realistic and fair representation to the club? Currently it just ruins the experience if you are wanting to play with your home town club....

Apologies if I am posting this in the wrong thread but was really hoping the right person would get sight of this feedback to be able to impact the fix for future patches

One Call Stadium Main Stand and Behind Goal with Roof Posts.jpg

One Call Stadium Main Stand.jpg

One Call Stadium 1.jpg

One Call Stadium.jpg

Real Main Stand.jpg

Have a look at the thread "health and safety gone mad, a trip round FM18 stadiums"

Hello Sega,

I gladly bought FM18 this year as it seemed a much better version than what we previously got, yet I can't help but feel completely disappointed by the current state of the game.

3D Engine. SEGA team, you clearly have access to much more powerful engines. It's 2017 and we're given 1998 graphics. You called the engine a big improvement over the previous version. The improvement is marginal, at best, when it comes to the graphical aspect. Why aren't we getting a proper graphical engine? I would really like to understand the reasoning behind. It's 2017 and I can't see a player perform an actual skill move. I can't see a lobbed penalty kick. I can't see an over the wall and down placed free kick. They are all the same, every time, every year. 

3D Engine bugs. We are seeing the same bugs, year after year after year. The same crosses high crosses that almost go in but hit the crossbar or keeper deflects them into corner. The same low crosses that the keeper deflects in the corner, never catches. The same balls that go magically through the defender as though the hitbox was non existant. The same clearances that hit a team mate and rebound into the opponent to get a shot on goal. The same stupid decisions made by AI all the time. The same classic backpass to the goalkeeper that gets intercepted and scored on. Why are you not learning from past experiences? This is happening year after year after year. What's happening in the alpha / beta phase of development? How are these not caught upon? Why are barely getting a decent product after the winter update and that's been the case for years now. Should I honestly wait for winter to buy your product at a reduced price and get a decent experience?

New Features. I'm slightly pleased with this year addition of Dynamics and Scouting Revamp but you still have to step your game up a notch or two. With each year, you're just giving us more and more stats, very little new actual features or mechanics. While understanding the numbers and making them be presented in a user-friendly way is very important, I think this should not be the focus and should be something extra given alongside ACTUAL new features. Like the Dynamics module for instance. We have the same training module for years now which doesn't even begin to resemble how actual players train in real life. Dare I say you're selling us a patched up version of last year and that's happening for a while now. You've also given us pre-match tactical briefing which doesn't do much really. What's the point behind it?

Bugs. I've been facing huge network play bugs. I cannot spectate my friend's matches. Just HOW does a bug like this go past your testing? Literally all you have to do is start up a network game and spectate a match. That's all it takes to find the bug. How does something like this go past your testing? This is a huge issue. Then I start my own match, only to find my screen flickering endlessly and being unable to do anything and having to quit the game. And I haven't even played that much to spot all the bugs. Also before the latest patch when you could actually watch a friend's match, you'd have to enter, then leave the match because the formations would not disappear from the screen and then join again. Really...

I've no idea how long a development cycle for you guys is but you really have to step up your game. I truly think the fact that you have no competition has made you lazy.  Please step up your game, otherwise you will lose loyal customers, myself included.

1 hour ago, zigaliro said:

Every single time, when you are trying to buy a player and you try to "suggest terms", AI adds percentage of profit from next sale clause. It`s kinda annoying.

9 minutes ago, Aksi92 said:

Yeah and they lock it instantly...

Most of the time, cancel offer and immediately reoffer and it should;d be gone.

Although i have not played much due to the nvidia lagging issue i am disappointed with the cameras, i used close before which has since gone, i now use director but its not as good. For replays i used behind goal low, now behind goal, when u zoom in u dont see the ball go into the net as the camera is so far behind and the camera is far too high even in the lowest setting. Not sure why these were removed but definitely dissapointed with the new setup. I want things added, not removed!!

I've found myself laughing out loud at some of the stuff I've seen in the ME tonight:

- Players clean through and their shots ending up closer to hitting the corner flag than the goal 

- Simple passes being instead played against heels and backsides, which rebound to the opposition and put them clean through

- Multiple goals conceded from set pieces due to unmarkable players

- Promising counter attacks being blunted by square passes behind runners

Close to going back to FM17 now. That is something I've never done with any previous version. There is awesome potential here, but in its current state I's give it about a 4/10